[VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

Postby Eledao » Sun May 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Since i already played the NG+, I will try to respond some of your questions.

-I didn't find any particular problem in my playthrough, except for some items that appear in the inventory at the star of the NG+ (one Knightwood Bow, two Goblin Cutlass, one Nylod Plate Armor, one Goblin Cap, one Goblin Leather and one Cloak, the rest were the special item that you're supposed to keep, my gold was the same as always, my previous save was compatible so no problems there, but i have only played the mistress route so i can't speak for the others routes.
-I did find Hunter's Oath, Cloud Armor, Cloud Helm, Puppet!, Bloodseeker (Infinite Looting) and receive Leave-me-alone Mask, Red Escutcheon and Glory without problems.
-I haven't find the secret sewer hideout but i am looking for it.

That's all for now, and it is good to have you back.
Eledao
Newly Registered

Postby Dead1 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:43 pm

Just finished all 3 paths and found 2 things.

1) If you finish Orc or Overlord route and use New Game+ you get Zorya's swords and armor.

2) For some reason Cloud Armor is Headgear and Cloud Helmet is Bodygear.
Dead1
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sun May 25, 2014 3:27 pm

STR Wrote:Lucky777:
Checked, you're right: the skill existed in the game database back then, but for some reason I hadn't given it to the overlord in game yet. I probably simply forgot to do it, and ended up convincing myself I had done it (does that sentence even makes sense? ^^').

Yeah, no worries, the sentence makes perfect sense.

Anyway, just did another plot playthrough on Orc mode, and I gotta say, even when I'm tired of the actual battles in the game, exploring the cities is its own reward.

Goblin City
So... goblin chicks were always awesome, and most probably my favourite females from any race in the game.

But now that we have
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The goblin Guards, and their tactic for dealing with recalcitrant races
goblin chicks are most DEFINITELY my favourite females from any race in the game.

The elf, dwarf and human examples of their tactics are hilarious and awesome, though I like the elf one best for whatever reason.
I guess I see Elves as the most likely race to be actual canon hippies.
I mean They ALREADY love trees and count as tree-huggers anyway.

Sewer hideout under the Chapel in St Astha is a close second though.
They don't have on their headgear, but I'm hoping some of those chicks down there are Nuns.
Fuck yes, Nun-fetish.

Still though man, Yulgoblund can't go cockblocking the Master.
Dat Goblin chick with the suit of armour, back in the Goblin city, when she offers, we gotta boink her.
*Shakes head disapprovingly at Imp for thinking that it was not the appropriate time.*

St Astha
I quite like the little tidbits of lore scattered about in the libraries etc, like in the chapel and in the Knights' section of the garrison in St Astha.
The book on magic in particular interests me, though that's predictable since in fantasy settings I've always been a mage-type kinda guy.

I even wonder if the Saint General herself isn't a bit of a magic user, since she actually has a legit HP heal when she chants "for the people."
Might be nothing, though, since the Overlord heals HP too just by shouting words of encouragement. Though on the other hand he actually DOES have eldritch
magic, and enough to overcome even the might of the elves to boot, so... yeah, he might be another example of a magic-user... even if "keep fighting" DOES use
TP and not MP ... eh.

I also like the Knights' section in St Astha in general; it's one of my favourite places in the game due to its music and atmosphere.
It's pretty much exactly as somber as I'd care to have any part of any town get, though.
The bereaved survivors and deathseeker make the town MORE somber than I'd care to have it get.
I much prefer the more light-hearted tone of the other towns.
Ah well.

Duders should have surrendered, What can I say. *Shrugs.*

There IS some stuff I just straight up don't get, though.

The uh ... Moatoask reference or whatever, for example, assuming it even IS a reference to something.
"Ruining his own character" and "An insult to all women"?
Whatlol?

Got no idea what that shit was all about.

I also have no idea what the purpose of the puppy is, though the scene for petting it is pretty amusing all the same.
I never kicked it, maybe it does something when you do.
Or maybe it's just there for flavour?

And on a separate and final note relating to St Astha:

Whether it's actually even remotely true or not, I choose to look at the banditface guy talking about luck in
the St Astha goblin-girl segment as a cameo, and I am therefore happy about it.

Probably going to try the overlord path next Saturday or so, maybe on Newgame + or something.
I might recruit the newly added character in the goblin town on that playthrough too, I haven't bothered with him as yet.
The Orcs were more thematic on the "Orc Mode" playthrough I just did, but the Goblin might level like a mistress, which would be helpful on Overlord mode.
You'd get SOMEBODY ELSE who could be high level, apart from just the Overlord.
Seems promising in theory, though in practice I'm sure I'll just hate the shit out of EVEN MORE GRINDING.

Still haven't taken out the demon tower on my current playthrugh yet though, I'll probably do that with

the Giliacles gear.

On the topic of Giliacles, srsly, Spirit of Giliacles is a fucking awesome fight, and I hope the guy actually WAS his spirit testing our
worthiness and not just some automaton.
No idea what could have beaten him so as to render him dead to begin with, but I'll assume it was either old age or uh... cholesterol or something.
Hey, what can I say.
Heart attacks, man.
They're a bad time.
: o

The trial of Courage was absolutely hilarious by the way - I might have said it before, but I'll say it again.
Especially with the terribly grimdark turn the game takes after St Astha, the first time I ever did the trial I was genuinely concerned that I
might have just lost Gluck. ... Which made the reality all the more amusing.
Lucky777

Postby Commodus » Sun May 25, 2014 7:43 pm

I attempted to edit my last reply, because I realized that there should be a hyphen after the ten in ten-line sentences. While it shows the edit, it does not show the hyphen, so I'm stating it here.
Commodus

Postby command » Mon May 26, 2014 3:45 am

Glad you posted a new one.

I had a rather amusing thought you probably won't use this in this version of the game but I had an amusing idea.

What if after you take over a City that's populated by mechanical people. Purly robots which have a very...they aren't equipped for anything but the Goblin Female troops don't know this. I bet they would see the fact that their not responding at all to their advances as playing hard to get and I can picture one or two may get a bit obsessive like think thier in love due to that the one their going after flat out refuses to respond or even understand what their getting at.

I do hope we can eventually get to see what those goblin female soldiers will do once they get start arriving in your fortress. I can picture the Orcs having some problems and times when you wake up from resting and see suddenly a Goblin female run off. Making you wonder just what kind of trouble they've been causing.

I'll bet the humans had no idea that Goblin females were like this after a week with them they might pity the males. One may even wonder if that's the entire reason Goblins sometimes attack an enemy so they get a chance to have a long time away from the females.
command

Postby Kuroteru » Mon May 26, 2014 6:00 am

DIfficulty cont:

I did in fact complete the Demon Tower with full Saint Astha equipment and ect. I made an attempt on the Demon Tower before the initial battle outside Saint Astha with no luck; being unable to reach much further than the three succubi. The Saint General helped quite a bit during the upper floors as well.

NG+:

I had kept the items intended such as the 5 Bloodseekers ;) , the cloud armor and helm, Glory!, Puppet!, and the Leave-me-alone Mask. Though the Hunter's Oath sounds familiar, I didn't have it in my NG+, so it's safe to assume I didn't find it. I did find the secret sewer hideout during my first playthrough, but I've yet to get that far in my NG+. I did receive some unintended buyables, like Eledao had mentioned above. A goblin cutlass, helm, and an armor set.

Though I'd like to continue my current Overlord Route, I cannot, due to a failed attempt of a joke my brother pulled on me. (He had unintentionally deleted several of my files on my desktop, a folder of which contained my save data.) I'm currently using a program to restore all my deleted files, and hopefully I'll be able to continue from where I left off. In the meantime, I'll have a go at the Orc Route.
Kuroteru
Newly Registered

Postby Commodus » Mon May 26, 2014 7:06 am

I thought of another tweak to the opening dialogue today. Insert rudely into the sentence about the hero killing the previous overlord to highlight the joke that Yulgoblund's priorities aren't quite where they should be. With this, I should have five posts, so I should be able to send private messages now, unless I misremember the rules on this forum.
Commodus

Postby STR » Mon May 26, 2014 4:45 pm

New update is up. Includes bug fixes, some new sprites and a side location with a mini-game. See change-log for full details.
Also, I'll most likely be quite busy for the next two weeks, so I probably won't have the time to work on the game or visit the forums much.

Command:
Yeah, it's a bit late to add new towns. Though I may still take a few side quests or stories, if you think of any.

Also probably won't make the female goblins go to your castle, as the place will soon be a bit over-ridden with side scenes about the orcs and the mistress, and I don't want to add any more to that.

Commodus:

First and foremost: I’ll you a mail contact by PM. Should make things easier.

About the title:
Well, I did plan on a trilogy, and have the main storyline for all three episode, but considering my art only very recently went from kindergarten to elementary school level, I prefer not to get too much ahead of myself. But on the very long term, yes, I suppose you're right and I'll need to revisit the title a bit. That's nothing urgent though.

About the proofreading:
Thank you for your hard work. I included it in the release. And, no, I'm effraid I have no way to get you the text in .doc form or anything like that. What I can, and will do once I've got your mail, is send you a hacked version to make your life easier. Also, you'll need to know that I started working with DemonAtShort on the proofreading, and he already proofread from the beginning to Saint Zaulys on the mistress route. So you two will probably have to get in contact in order not to work on the same thing at the same time. Lastly, while it was full of good advices, your proofreading was a bit hard to go through because you inserted first the whole text as I wrote it, then the whole text as modified by you, and lastly your comments. Ideally, I'd have an easier time if you could formate things like that:
"Blah blah blah bleh blah."
Changed blah to bleh because blah blah blah...
And on to the next error.
That would make it easier for me to see exactly where there is something to change and help me save time.

About the maps:
I'll send you the originals as soon as we get into mail contact.

About the render:
As I said, is you do it, I'll certainly look at it.

Dead1:
Thanks for pointing those out. Should all be fixed in the new version.

Eledao:
Thank you for your answers. I may have fixed that one issue with NG+ (and totally forgot to put your name in the credits when updating them, sorry about that).

Kuroteru:
Thank you for your answers.
Also, I feel for your loss.

Lucky777:
Glad to see you like the side-quest.

Still though man, Yulgoblund can't go cockblocking the Master.
Dat Goblin chick with the suit of armour, back in the Goblin city, when she offers, we gotta boink her.
*Shakes head disapprovingly at Imp for thinking that it was not the appropriate time.*

I'm somewhat of the same mind, but considering the amount of pics I already need to make the game complete, I think you'll understand why I'm so wary about adding any more place-holders. ^^'

They don't have on their headgear, but I'm hoping some of those chicks down there are Nuns.

The one in the top-right room is one, and unless I mixed my sprites, she is definitely wearing her headgear.

I even wonder if the Saint General herself isn't a bit of a magic user, since she actually has a legit HP heal when she chants "for the people."
Might be nothing, though, since the Overlord heals HP too just by shouting words of encouragement. Though on the other hand he actually DOES have eldritch
magic, and enough to overcome even the might of the elves to boot, so... yeah, he might be another example of a magic-user... even if "keep fighting" DOES use
TP and not MP ... eh.

Nah, Saint General regaining PVs just means she musters the strength to keep on fighting for the sake of her oaths. Willpower, not magic. Your overlord though definitely has the gift, but has yet to study a school of magic seriously enough to be called a proper sorcerer (most of the time, it's actually Yulgoblund casting through him at his order, with the exception of that one spell you know learn from the elven priestess).

The bereaved survivors and deathseeker make the town MORE somber than I'd care to have it get.
I much prefer the more light-hearted tone of the other towns.
Ah well.

Considering the size of the battle, any less would have seemed strange to me.

Moatoask... Yeah, that one is probably a bit obscure, especially since the events it's based on are starting to get somewhat old. But, yes, it's definitely a reference to something (I planned on having a little text sidequest with it too, Overlord route only, but didn't get to do it because it would definitely require a pic... Someday maybe.)

Puppy is here just to be here, really.

Whether it's actually even remotely true or not, I choose to look at the banditface guy talking about luck in
the St Astha goblin-girl segment as a cameo, and I am therefore happy about it.

He is both that and an ironic callback to one of the mistresses (though you probably didn't get that part), as having green hairs is a very rare thing in this world and, had this bandit been born in a certain land like a certain mistress, he would probably have been hailed as a hero chosen by the Goddess.

About...

Giliacles, do you mind getting spoiled hard? Because while you could probably deduce it from in-game informations, you obviously did not, so if you don't want to be spoiled on the nature of divinity in this world, don't read any further.

He "died" from lack of faith. Gods in this world are both created and powered by the faith of their followers. If nobody believes in them any more, they lose their memories, get reincarnated in a mortal body, live a normal life and end up dying. So, since almost nobody believes in the Old Gods any more, and the monotheist cult of the goddess is pretty much followed by humans everywhere in the world... You now know who it is he called "the Usurper".

Also, because nobody mentioned it and I'm starting to wonder if it's not working or something:

You guys found the abandoned mine and got the ring of weight?
STR

Postby command » Mon May 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Ok it's just that I can imagine occasionally you can have a cut scene where the Over lord stumbles across a room that's cramed full of Orks and one of them says, "Please Master don't say anything. Where hiding from the green girls." Then you can choose to either rat them out or walk on by.

I also had an amusing idea that came with that like an army or Female frustrated Goblins that haven't been able to do it in a long time and suddenly you show up and not it's like a Zombie movie you got to keep away from the hord of Male starved female Goblins until your Orks show up. I can picture you barricading yourself in a house keeping away from them. That would be an amusing side quest.
command

Postby Dead1 » Mon May 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Found the abandoned mine and got the ring of weight, also found a Problem there.

You can enter the mine from the right which leaves you then without a possibility to get your ship.
Dead1
Newly Registered

Postby Commodus » Mon May 26, 2014 7:52 pm

I received your PM, although I cannot send them yet. I sent you an email, so you should now have my email address. I'll adopt your formatting scheme in the future. I do have a quick question. Do you have Microsoft Word? If you do, I'll probably just do my proofreading suggestions in a document and send it to you as an attachment. I'll do it in two columns. The left will be the text with changes marked in red, and I'll put any comments or suggestions in the right column. That should keep everything legible.
Commodus

Postby Lucky777 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Lore spoiler with no gameplay relevance:

I definitely suspected that the Goddess was the usurper, but I had no idea whatsoever that gods would be born mortal and then die off if their followers lost faith.
The concept of gods sustained by faith is one I've come across before, though THIS implementation of it isn't one I've seen before, (ie, being born mortal if faith wanes).
I also didn't suspect that the concept of gods sustained by faith was actually in play in this game.
Cool to know.
I suppose if they regain followers, or if a sufficiently similar deity GAINS followers, the gods stripped of their godhood, memories and strength regain everything again?

On a separate topic:

Indeed, I didn't know the banditguy was a reference to anything on the mistress route, because I contentedly know near to nothing of the mistress route.
Lucky777

Postby DemonAtShort » Tue May 27, 2014 12:29 am

If you want to coordinate, Commodus, the easiest way aside from just talking in these comments would be getting my email from STR if you can't send PMs yet either. Granted, we could also work as a sort of peer review and just each go over everything. In either case, I can also send you a transcript of as far as I've gotten so far, which is slightly past taking over Saint Zaulys (Only on Mistress route, though early on I'm not sure if there are any differences beyond just the conversations where you decide and the added conversations for convincing them to join you.)
DemonAtShort
Newly Registered

Postby Kuroteru » Tue May 27, 2014 7:40 am

Well, as it turns out, I was unable to retrieve my lost data.

I had received the Ring of Weight during my first playthrough as well. Slipped my mind was all.

Might as well begin anew with the recent update... Starting from scratch won't be such a bother when compared to all the other files I've lost.
Kuroteru
Newly Registered

Postby Commodus » Tue May 27, 2014 11:48 am

I sent STR an email asking him to forward you my email address, DemonAtShort, and he replied saying he did, so you should have it. I'm going to focus on getting the maps done first, then I'll split my time between proofreading and getting the test render done. We can divvy up the different parts then. We probably should peer review each others' work, though, since two sets of eyes are better than one. If you could send me what you have transcribed, I'd appreciate it. We should probably ask STR about the conversations that change based on who is in the party, just to save time hunting for them and experimenting.
Commodus

Postby Darthan » Wed May 28, 2014 2:34 am

Can anyone tell me how to get Cemiel to join me? All I get when I try to talk to her is a bunch of ellipses and the imp telling me that he doesn't know if her condition is reversible. I have looked everywhere that I can think of to try to figure out what to do but have had no luck. Am I just missing something obvious or did I mess something up?
Darthan

Postby Commodus » Wed May 28, 2014 3:13 am

Darthan:

Return to the Elven Forest. When you get to the second screen, the first with random enemies, you'll see the bunny again. It will take one of the paths that does not lead to the village. Follow it. You will be on a new map. Look around until you find something that attacks you. After you kill it, you will have a seed. Take that seed and plant it where the giant tree you torched was. That will snap Cemiel out of it.
Commodus

Postby Darthan » Wed May 28, 2014 4:03 am

Commodus Wrote:Darthan:

Return to the Elven Forest. When you get to the second screen, the first with random enemies, you'll see the bunny again. It will take one of the paths that does not lead to the village. Follow it. You will be on a new map. Look around until you find something that attacks you. After you kill it, you will have a seed. Take that seed and plant it where the giant tree you torched was. That will snap Cemiel out of it.

Wondered what was with the bunny again, can't believe I never thought to check that.
Darthan

Postby Commodus » Wed May 28, 2014 8:31 am

That's probably more understandable than what I did in the Elven Forest. After running away from the rabbit, I probably click on everything in the clearing but the place we are supposed to. I ended up convincing myself that there had to be a way to beat the bunny, even though the game went out of its way to tell me otherwise. I wasted more time than I'm willing to admit trying to slaughter that stupid rabbit. When I finally figured it out, I felt so dumb. So, it could have been worse.
Commodus

Postby Chan » Wed May 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Well, a couple of things.

Firstly would someone mind telling me or showing :
Where you can find The Hunters Oath
Where the Sewers are in Saint Astha

As Ive done three playthrough (Mistress, Overlord and Orc, and tried just giving everyone to the Overload one but gave up at the 2 Dismounted Knights inside St Astha as the "Meat Shield" ability is absolutely rubbish on it due to is depending on the speed and so useless after the 2nd potential mistress where you get the ability (or i got it) and their Lightning Strikes could just kill my guys too quickly even with that special Orc equipment [From NG+] to do any serious damage) and

also killed the Special Teddy boss. (Using the Orc play through as the Fortitude skill was awesome at blocking the triple party death bit) Though ill say this. Only about 40k HP? And no item rewards just a bragging rights Coupon?.....

Secondly, the bug i found is ones which are not major. But one is in Hell Hole.

Second to last level (I don't really remember the name of the level as this was yesterday). But bottom right of the Stairs to the last level you can walk onto the wall. And then walk around on the Black wall. However you can get back onto the "floor" if you use the same bit of the wall to do so. Unless that's not a bug and rather got a hidden object near there with I'm missing?

As if you go 3 Down, 3 Right. To the Enclosed Area. Then go up. You get onto the "Roofing"

Another bug is under a skill.

The skill called "Steel your mind" as rather then saying the "The Overlord" it rather uses the "Oversoul" unless I'm seeing it wrong?

Also as i was a bit bored. I believe i figured out the "Serious Duelist boss HP" check spoiler if you want to say yeah or no. Or if your having a hard time and so need a bit of Inspiration to keep going to beat her.

15,000 HP on Overlord playthrough

But i like the 500 XP Grinding place you put in. Especially as they only have 2,000 HP so easy to beat. If you knew about it?

Abandoned Mine with the Spirit which keeps reviving every 10 seconds i think it is?

As for NG+
Are you meant to have the Death Shield in the next one?
Chan

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects