[VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:33 pm

Location of Sewers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Talk to a goblin girl in the cathedral. Just go in and go east. It's not obvious that you CAN go to the west and east, a traditional difficulty with this game, but you can.
Lucky777

Postby Workdammit » Thu May 29, 2014 12:46 am

Bit of a problem: In NG+, with 5/26 version,

after beating the Goblin King in the mistress route (with mistress coupon. Don't judge me.), crash to desktop when trying to enter the Goblin Harem. The error message I get is "Unable to find file: Graphics/Characters/gobharem" I haven't played through in regular new game in this version, so I don't know if it's unique to NG+ or to all games on 5/26 version. Also, error is reproducible, happened 3 times.
Workdammit

Postby Chan » Thu May 29, 2014 1:10 am

Ah, cheers Lucky. I just found it from your statement, but didnt find the NPC type you talked about till i was inside it. Instead went through an invisible wall to get there.. which might be why i didnt find it earlier.

As i was looking for something different. Like a latch or rope.
Chan

Postby STR » Thu May 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Just uploaded a quickfix because that crash to desktop in the goblin palace isn't linked to NG+ and would prevent you to play the mistress route in 05262014 version. Not much time, will answer forum later.
STR

Postby Chan » Sat May 31, 2014 4:07 am

Well, this is just a suggestion. But not fully sure if someone already said this. But for for quests. You could have the normal "Bounty" type quests.

Like Dwarf requires a certain amount of kills of X creature for gold in HellHole.
Elves a certain amount in the Forest.
St Astha you could have Demon Tower.
While the 3rd town ( I dont remember the name off the top of my head though i know its the one where you meet the 2nd Potential Mistress) could be the Lich Tower.

Though you might have to create a cave for Goblins and maybe also Castletown. Like Sea Creature based enemies for Goblins. Though i think Castle town shouldn't get a dungeon to go into as you dont really take over it as you would do the other places. And the Duelist would of killed off the dungeon most likely.

Another one could be the Imp. Requiring certain toxins and such for different things. Like making the Handcuffs and Magic Proof Door. Or the Orcs new pikes.

Though another quest i would like is for the Mistresses. So they can gain special weapons such as the "Sword" for Alexi or items themselves.
Elven priestess could be related to the rabbit to gain some "fur" armor from a deceased protector which increases magic power. Etc..

As for enemies (Partly related to Quests one of them as well)

Another type enemy ive always liked in games are the Mini bosses. Where after you kill X amount or very rarely a certain "Chief" variation comes up and their alot stronger etc.. (Depends on game). I would say some of them such as the Forest Guardian boss you could rape (Forest Guardian is Female to me) though some of them like Zombie you can stretch to be female, or male dependent on your decision though you could always try to stretch it by giving those ones more define forms. But that you i dont think you would that, as that requires another load of pictures? Though it might be a useful way to lessen the difficulty of the "Maniac" by allowing some more stats boost to you or your orcs. Such as a certain enemy gives HP. Another does attack. And so on.

Or you could link those enemies to certain people. Such as each locations Merchant. And they sell an item (After the first time you meet that boss) which the boss likes and you must fight a couple of waves of "Underlings" before the boss comes out if you use it inside the correct area. To give people a bit more of a challenge and not to abuse it

Hope that lot helps and some of them are added in! I do have other ideas but i am not fully sure about how to link them in to the mood or such.
Chan

Postby braindead » Sat May 31, 2014 6:01 pm

Did anyone else find the Hunter's Oath? I've managed to locate the rest of the unique items, but have no clue where this one is.

Can someone explain how to start the Weed side-quest? I found the armored goblin and visited each of the 3 hideouts, but I haven't been given any objectives or directions.
braindead
Newly Registered

Postby Commodus » Sat May 31, 2014 8:50 pm

Hunter's Oath:

One of the levels of the demon tower is a small square. You arrive at the top and leave at the bottom. I think it is the level after the long hallway where the stalkers attack you. Anyway, just above the stairs leading out are two pillars. If you try walking between the pillars, you can't. It's almost like there is something invisible there....
Commodus

Postby mrttao » Sat May 31, 2014 10:13 pm

v05292014
1. On latest version, when an opponent is defeated it says "X was slain". this even happens for opponents you take alive
2. Labryl doesn't take the lich crown, and doesn't wear it. It remains in my inventory and her headgear slot remains locked and unused.
3. The imp needs an option to repeat the last briefing. In case you forgot something.
4. Chicken catching should have a repeat rules option
mrttao

Postby Darthan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:34 am

mrttao Wrote:v05292014
1. On latest version, when an opponent is defeated it says "X was slain". this even happens for opponents you take alive
2. Labryl doesn't take the lich crown, and doesn't wear it. It remains in my inventory and her headgear slot remains locked and unused.
3. The imp needs an option to repeat the last briefing. In case you forgot something.

1.That is the coding in RPGMaker.
2.That is intentional, STR stated that he intended for Labryl to not be able to wear headgear.
3. and 4. those sound like good ideas, STR with have to address them.
Darthan

Postby mrttao » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:55 am

Darthan Wrote:1.That is the coding in RPGMaker.

By default, I have seen games modify it.

Darthan Wrote:2.That is intentional, STR stated that he intended for Labryl to not be able to wear headgear.

Then she should have dialog indicating as such
mrttao

Postby STR » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:00 am

Braindead:
About the Weed sidequest:

Visiting the three hideouts IS the sidequest. ^^' You should even have gotten a magical dagger for your troubles (if you did not, it means I did something wrong somewhere).

Chan :
About the meatshield ability : you’re right, it doesn’t make much sense for an ability that only last one turn to not trigger at the beginning of said turn. Will be changed in the next version.

About Teddy: he’s really just here to tell the player that yes, that’s it, he has killed everything he could kill in the game, and it may be time to start another play-through. That’s why he just gives you that coupon as proof. Though I guess I could indeed give him some more HPs.

About the bugs: I’m sorry, but I really can’t seem to find the one in the Hellhole. If at all possible, could you take a screen of the place where it happened?
Also, I don’t see anything wrong with the Steal Your Mind skill. The name of the user isn’t even linked to the skill, so I don’t see how that would be possible.

Abandonned mine spirit really wasn’t intended to be a grindfest. More than a slightly dangerous annoyance the player would want to run away from. ^^’ Will see to tweak it a bit to get the desired reaction.

And yes, you are supposed to be able to keep the Death Shield in NG+. I think it’s special ability can still be useful even late game.

Well, this is just a suggestion. But not fully sure if someone already said this. But for for quests. You could have the normal "Bounty" type quests.

Definitely not happening, sorry. I always thought of the "kill-ten-rats" quest type as a very cheap and very boring way to artificially stretch out the length of a game.

As far as I'm concerned, a side-quest should tell it's own story and, well, be fun enough for the player not to go through it as if it was some kind of chore. I'm probably failing horribly in my attempts at doing that, but at least I'm trying.

Though another quest i would like is for the Mistresses. So they can gain special weapons such as the "Sword" for Alexi or items themselves.
Elven priestess could be related to the rabbit to gain some "fur" armor from a deceased protector which increases magic power. Etc..

Mistress-related quests are more the kind of stuff I would do, yes. But there are already a lot of powerful unique weapons in the game, so if I do end up doing some, they would probably just be some small story-driven events with a stat boost for the concerned mistress as a reward rather than full-fledged quests with material rewards at the end.

About mini-bosses: "go kill me ten rats" and "kill ten rats to lure out the rat lord" kinda sounds the same to me so, no, sorry. ^^' And yes, you are right about the pics: adding more blank space in this game is a definite no.

Anyway, thank you for playing, and thank you for your feedback.

Command :
While that certainly could be fun, it would also probably mean a lot of work so, yeah, sorry but probably not happening.

As far as side-quests go, what I’m slowly working on now is a late-game one to tie up the lose end I left with the “barbarians” (you never quite got to properly make them your subjects, remember? just scattered them to the winds.)

That one should also be some king of money-hole, so if any of you could tell me just how much money they are left with toward the end of a play-through, I’d be glad to know.

Dead1:
Duly noted and corrected in 29052014. Thank you.

Lucky777:

I suppose if they regain followers, or if a sufficiently similar deity GAINS followers, the gods stripped of their godhood, memories and strength regain everything again?

The possibility is low, as it would take some truly extraordinary fits to be hailed as a god while walking among the living, but not totally impossible, yes. Hell, you already know of at least one mortal who got elevated to divinity (Giliacles’ spirit says it himself in his short appearance I think).

These days, I’m toying with the idea of adding a more detailed book somewhere in the gme about the nature of divinity, though I’ll probably not end up doing it, as those matters would mostly be relevant in 2 and 3 anyway, and I can’t think of a good reason for a meniskan to have had knowledge about it to be gin with (what would make the most sense would probably be an old scroll of some kind hidden inside Giliacles’ Tumb I suppose).

Mrttao:

I can change it, but I'm afraid it will apply to all your enemies, not specific ones. What I could do though is replace it by a more generic statement so it doesn't sounds like you kill the mistresses. Would something like "X went down." or "X has been defeated." work for all enemies?

She just wanted you to bring it to her as a proof of your victory. Not to gift it to her like, say, Hilde with the fang. Also, her headgear slot is indeed locked by design, and I don't really think an in-game explanation is needed. She can't wear headgear because she is a friggin' berserker, in the same way that Lysia wears only light armor because she is a crossbowman (-woman?) or Hilde heavy shield or... Well, you get it. It's just an equipment limitation like any other.

Yeah, I can see to that. Added to my list of "to do someday" things.

Oh, come on now! Catch chickens. Don't let timer run out. Don't fall into holes. How hard can that be really? Even if I hadn't given any explanation in-game, you guys would have figured it all by yourself after five seconds in the arena. :roll:

Workdammit:
Thanks for reporting. Should have been fixed in the last version I got out.
Last edited by STR on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
STR

Postby moonblack » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:11 am

About custom death messages:
In this post you can find a script that lets you have custom death messages for specific enemies. So you can keep the usual "X was slain" for most but have a different message for particular foes.

Note that I have NOT tested this script yet, I only found it some time ago.
moonblack

Postby mrttao » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:14 am

STR Wrote:

I can change it, but I'm afraid it will apply to all your enemies, not specific ones. What I could do though is replace it by a more generic statement so it doesn't sounds like you kill the mistresses. Would something like "X went down." or "X has been defeated." work for all enemies?

I think X has been defeated would work for all enemies.
It is usually clear from dialog afterwards whether they were slain or captured or alive. And when its not... well, it is irrelevant mooks and it doesn't matter. Probably left them bleeding and unconscious and didn't even bother looking to see if they survived or not.

STR Wrote:

She just wanted you to bring it to her as a proof of your victory. Not to gift it to her like, say, Hilde with the fang. Also, her headgear slot is indeed locked by design, and I don't really think an in-game explanation is needed. She can't wear headgear because she is a friggin' berserker, in the same way that Lysia wears only light armor because she is a crossbowman (-woman?) or Hilde heavy shield or... Well, you get it. It's just an equipment limitation like any other.

I meant a minor tweak to her dialog when she asks for it to make it clear that it is "prove you are capable, slay the lich and show me his crown as proof". or maybe a "keep it, I am not wearing this creepy thing" after you get it.
mrttao

Postby Chan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Yeah, i remember. As i half expected ambushes from Mercenaries or Barbarians in retaliation mid-game.

For my first playthrough by the end of the game i had. (Mistress Route)

33,114 Gold
Items - 75 Salvations,99 Orc Beverage, 41 Antidote, 57 First Aid Boxes, 3 Magic Charges, 5 Salvation, 3 Full Potion, 20 Greatest Cure.
Weapons - I didnt sell any. So instead i sold it all to check (Not removing equipment off party characters ofc with half of them to have updated equipment of varying levels dependant on when i last used them) After selling all those weapons i had 97,414 Gold. So 64,300 gold worth of weapons.
Armor - Similar to weapons. So i'll do the same. I had 125,614 Gold. So 28,200 Gold.

And i had completed the main game around Level 26-28. As my character is level 28 right now. But Zorya is level 36.[/list]

Second Playthrough was Orcs (NG+)

40,610 Gold
Items - 80 Orc Beverage, 3 Antidote, 76 Stimulant, 37 First Aid Box, 5 Collyre, 26 Salvation, 28 Greatest Cure.
Weapons - This had alot more then when i did mistress route due to the Goblin raid which i prefer to Mistress Route for this town. But, it had 115,560 Gold. So 74,950 worth of weapons with Orcs using Gil's gear.
Armor - 159,610 Gold so 44,050 Gold.

This one i had finished when lvl 26 and beaten Teddy on it...

For Previous two I didn't notice the 20,000 Gold i think it was in Goblin town. So there is more. If people find it.

While my 4th Play through (Mistress Again but NG+). I havent beaten the King Yet. I just defeated Zorya and did her quests then checked out the Weed sidequest.

But i have 17,644 Gold
Item - 5 Antidote, 97 First Aid Box, 99 Stimulant, 5 Collyre, 1 Great Cure, 99 Orc Beverage, 58 Full Potion, 15 Salvation, 23 Greatest Cure
Weapons - I sold all but unique or ones my party are using for potions and such.
Armor - Pretty much same as Weapons.

And my Overlord is Level 24. And had beaten Zorya at Level 23.

So the normal for me is around 20,000-40,000 spare Gold by the end of the game? And i had bought Customized Gear for my Overlord on each route with my only Gold grind being the Skeletons and Zombies in the Lich Tower for the mercenary's 10,000 gold at the start.

As for the bugs.

The Steel Your Mind one. Was more of a typo one. I believe. But i had deleted the Overlord playthrough so i'd have to check by redo-ing it.

As for the Hellhole one. (Then if you go right you can run around. But you need to go back same way as you went up to get down)

Chan

Postby DemonAtShort » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 pm

mrttao Wrote:
STR Wrote:
I meant a minor tweak to her dialog when she asks for it to make it clear that it is "prove you are capable, slay the lich and show me his crown as proof". or maybe a "keep it, I am not wearing this creepy thing" after you get it.

Actually, going by memory, the actual line is something like the first suggestion. At the very least, I remember that "as proof" is definitely used at some point in the conversation when she asks for the crown.
DemonAtShort
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am

Lore spoilers with no story significance

STR Wrote:while walking among the living

Actually, I meant even if they'd already died, after that "walking amongst the living" phase.

"Was defeated" works perfectly.

To be defeated does not exclude being defeated NONFATALLY, nor does it exclude dying.
It merely means you lost and did not win.
Being SLAIN certainly excludes being defeated nonfatally, but every single time I meant to bring this issue up I ended up accidentally forgetting all about it.
Lucky777

Postby Kuragari » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:49 pm

So...out of random curiosity...have any H scenes been added? At least dialogue if nothing else? I mean, if you need dialogue I can do that.
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:19 am

Just 2 or 3 instances of sprite-porn which are about as explicit as your grandmother's oldest church-hat
Lucky777

Postby Kuragari » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:23 am

Lucky777 Wrote:Just 2 or 3 instances of sprite-porn which are about as explicit as your grandmother's oldest church-hat

My grandmother doesn't have a church hat :P :lol: But I get what you mean. That's kinda sad really, I still think there should be SOMETHING there that isn't "No pic yet".

Also, any chance that we're going to be seeing Mu's portrait modified to actually be green, or at least change her sprite to not be green? Its kind of putting when you deal with her at the Goblin Fortress.
Kuragari

Postby mrttao » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:18 am

Kuragari Wrote:So...out of random curiosity...have any H scenes been added? At least dialogue if nothing else? I mean, if you need dialogue I can do that.

That would be neat, author has been asking around for someone to write the text for the H scenes before.

Lucky777 Wrote:Just 2 or 3 instances of sprite-porn which are about as explicit as your grandmother's oldest church-hat

Which ones, specifically? (I don't remember seeing them in last version and haven't fully replayed the game in this one. I am wondering if perhaps they are in another route, i only play mistress route)
mrttao

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects