[VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 pm

STR Wrote:I'm afraid life caught up with me once again. But, hey: this time you get a warning. Progress!

I will now proceed to disappear for an undetermined amount of time. But I'll be back someday. I hope.

Sorry.

Best of luck, take your time.
Lucky777

Postby demonbane125 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:24 am

Could someone please tell me how to get through the elven forest the correct way
demonbane125
Newly Registered

Postby Commodus » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:01 am

demonbane125 Wrote:Could someone please tell me how to get through the elven forest the correct way

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

When you leave the first map, you'll see a red flower/mushroom by the exit. Those mark the path you should take. There is one slightly tricky screen, but it is, for the most part, very straight forward.
Commodus

Postby demonbane125 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Commodus Wrote:
demonbane125 Wrote:Could someone please tell me how to get through the elven forest the correct way

When you leave the first map, you'll see a red flower/mushroom by the exit. Those mark the path you should take. There is one slightly tricky screen, but it is, for the most part, very straight forward.
Thanks
demonbane125
Newly Registered

Postby demonbane125 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:11 pm

thanks for the info but how do i get past the fifth screen which has two roads one going up and the other down cause they both send me to the begining
demonbane125
Newly Registered

Postby Commodus » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:27 am

demonbane125 Wrote:thanks for the info but how do i get past the fifth screen which has two roads one going up and the other down cause they both send me to the begining

That's the tricky screen I mentioned. You need to leave the way you came. You don't need to get to the flower or anything; you can turn right around and leave.
Commodus

Postby demonbane125 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:43 am

Commodus Wrote:
demonbane125 Wrote:thanks for the info but how do i get past the fifth screen which has two roads one going up and the other down cause they both send me to the begining

That's the tricky screen I mentioned. You need to leave the way you came. You don't need to get to the flower or anything; you can turn right around and leave.

Thanks
demonbane125
Newly Registered

Postby mrttao » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:47 am

Commodus Wrote:

I just mapped it

Elf maze
Z1: N>Z2, S>World Map
Z2: NE>Z3, all else(N,E(N),E(S),W(N),W(S),S(origin)>Z1; after defeating the elves, W(S) changes to lead to a special location, and NE allows quicktravel to village.
Z3: S (slightly to left)>Z4, all else (NW,SW,NE,E,SE)>Z1
Z4: E>Z5, all else (N(W),N(E),W(B),S(W))>Z1
Z5: W(origin)>Z6, all else (N,S)>Z1
Z6: N>Z7, E(origin)>Z1
Z7: ANCIENT TERROR!. N>Elf Village, S(origin)>Z8
Z8: Destructible shrine in clearing. N>Z7
mrttao

Postby lunasmeow » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:28 pm

So I just started and finished this game today. It was awesome. Reminded me of the Overlord games. Only a few questions. The New Game+ mentioned keeping unique items. Does it also keep learned skills from the sex? I played the mistress route, so I didn't learn anything special, but it would be nice to know if I actually *need* to go through those other routes or not. Also, is there a comprehensive list of the sidequests? I've been running in circles, but I can't know if I've gotten them all.
lunasmeow
Newly Registered

Postby Commodus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:06 pm

As far as I am aware, the items that are saved with a New Game plus are:

Rough Edge (Overlord route only), Puppet! (Demon Tower, all paths), Giliacles' Aegis (Orc route only), Giliacles' Club (Orc route only), Giliacles' Bow (Orc route only), Glory (Demon Tower, all paths), Cloud Helm (Demon Tower, all paths), Cloud Armor (Demon Tower, all paths), Hunter's Oath (Demon Tower, all paths), Bloodseeker (Demon Tower, all paths), Leave-me-alone Mask (Demon Tower, all paths) Red Escutcheon (Castletown, all paths), Slow Death (Weed side quest, all paths), Death Shield (Dwarven Mine, while not path exclusive, it is impossible to get on the Mistress route), Ring of Weight (Abandoned Mine side quest, although I have no idea why), Belt of Chicken Grabbing (Chicken Grabbing side quest), plus the various coupons for completing the various routes and beating the Teddy.

To answer your question, you do not get to keep any skills or money from previous playthroughs. As for side quests:

Unless I missed something, there is the Chicken Grabbing mini-game, the Abandoned Mine, the Weed side quest, the four side quests for the orcs on the Orc route and I think that's it. STR was working on a Barbarian subjugation quest and a Mistress-living-in-the-Castle feature when real life interfered, but those aren't in the current build. Of course, I may be forgetting something.
Commodus

Postby LordMana » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Can anyone tell me how to get the death shield?
LordMana

Postby Chan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:22 am

LordMana Wrote:Can anyone tell me how to get the death shield?

Its been a while since i last played (from the last update so sorry about not being able to fully say locations)

But it is:

In the dwarven city, on the Orc or Overload playthrough. And on the Bottom right hand side passage when you enter from below the town. Then the Top Left door. There is someone near a desk or so. They give you the Death Shield.
(Like i said about been a while. So i have to apologise if i got some of that wrong. Though it should be in that general area. As i can definitely remember getting it on my 2nd playthrough (Orc in the Dwarven City)

As a side note:

Does anyone know if there is anything else about Zorya's Little Brother Mage Quest?
I remember him saying he was wanting time to think. But checked in different locations. But couldnt find him anymore.
Chan

Postby Commodus » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:35 am

You have to kill the Dwarven King. That's why you can't do it on the Mistress Route, because if you take Hilde as a mistress, it won't let you kill her father. Afterwards, visit the barracks in the Mines, and the orc governor will give it to you.

Chan Wrote:As a side note:

Does anyone know if there is anything else about Zorya's Little Brother Mage Quest?
I remember him saying he was wanting time to think. But checked in different locations. But couldnt find him anymore.

I believe STR said that quest was still unfinished, hence the sparkling ball in the courtyard instead of sprites. I may remember that incorrectly, though.
Commodus

Postby pandora8579 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:27 am

If possible could someone upload an rar version with an recovery record? I've tried the mediafire link but keep getting corrupted files.
I have an old version of the game that works fine so i know it should work but i keep getting errors with the .exe file
pandora8579
Newly Registered

Postby plasma500 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:04 pm

How in the world do you recruit Erika?

Seriously. I've scoured every square inch of the garrison and nothing. No matter what I examine, I don't get any text about it. I've seen people mention her diary, but I have no clue where that's supposed to be. Is her room supposed to be that one upstairs with the shield on the wall? Because if so...yeah, examining anything in there doesn't give me any text at all.
plasma500
Newly Registered

Postby LordMana » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Commodus Wrote:

You have to kill the Dwarven King. That's why you can't do it on the Mistress Route, because if you take Hilde as a mistress, it won't let you kill her father. Afterwards, visit the barracks in the Mines, and the orc governor will give it to you.

Chan Wrote:As a side note:

I believe STR said that quest was still unfinished, hence the sparkling ball in the courtyard instead of sprites. I may remember that incorrectly, though.

Thxs for the info ill have to kill him next play through
LordMana

Postby Workdammit » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:37 am

plasma500 Wrote:How in the world do you recruit Erika?

Seriously. I've scoured every square inch of the garrison and nothing. No matter what I examine, I don't get any text about it. I've seen people mention her diary, but I have no clue where that's supposed to be. Is her room supposed to be that one upstairs with the shield on the wall? Because if so...yeah, examining anything in there doesn't give me any text at all.

Her room is all the way at the end of the long winding path in the barracks. Enter, go right to see a room with knights training, continue through, then follow this all the way to the end. You'll find her room eventually.
Workdammit

Postby Khmaraches » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:46 am

Workdammit Wrote:

Her room is all the way at the end of the long winding path in the barracks. Enter, go right to see a room with knights training, continue through, then follow this all the way to the end. You'll find her room eventually.

Got the same problem, I find her room and the study, I had read all the book in the study, and nothing happens when I come back to speak with her. I've tried to click on each pixel in her room but didn't find anything, is it a bug?
Khmaraches
Newly Registered

Postby Workdammit » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:44 am

Khmaraches Wrote:
Workdammit Wrote:

Got the same problem, I find her room and the study, I had read all the book in the study, and nothing happens when I come back to speak with her. I've tried to click on each pixel in her room but didn't find anything, is it a bug?

Did you try her dresser and/or desk? It's not in the study. The diary isn't accessible until Yulgoblund suggests it to you.
Workdammit

Postby AlerFane » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:40 am

I don't know why but I can't seem to leave the Barbarian Market. I killed everything but can't leave...
AlerFane
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects