The Furry Ranch - Alpha 2.0 [Updated April 8, 2015]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Furry Ranch - Alpha 2.0

Postby Maxinatorz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Bugs:
when you speak to the nurse in the beginning it doesnt stop- so whenever you press the action button after speaking to her, it will attempt to speak to her again.
You cannot use the action button- atleast to my knowledge properly- and you cannot use it to use the dildo on the ground in the first chamber-
Also there is no way to progress to the next day due to this.

Definately need fix:
The entire control scheme - its absolutely dreadful, action-button doesnt work half the time ( Maybe what would be good is some kind of response, whether thats a question mark above her head, an animation or whatever- doesnt matter, just so you know that the game is actually registering the key-action)
The hit box for where actions are being used also is way too small- its hard to make it register your events
Also the text doesnt pop out enough, i found it hard to read it properly on a big monitor-

Things i find important to get added:
Could you please try to add complete mouse support? So the view point can be controlled properly using the mouse, it feels so much better then to purely use keyboard for play- i dont personally use unity, i'm a programmer myself (real one at that, no offense) - if you need help with actually writing the mouse code, or figuring out the math, feel free to ask, i will be happy aide in making this game better.

Notes
I'm really sorry but dont you do private playtesting before you release? These things have been within 5 minutes of the game,I'm sure if you had- you would have quickly seen these errors, I dont mean to be a douche about it, this is just constructive criticism, i really think there could have been alot more done to insure this would be a better release-

This game IS a great game, but really needs a loving hand to polish and refine it. I just wish it felt playable- but maybe with this input it could become- thank you for hearing me out.
Maxinatorz

Postby Matpneumatos » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks a lot for testing the game, i have tested the game far from the first 5 minutes, an i had no problems with the action button, that's weird though, because some people had some other problems not related with the action button, and those problems don't happen on my computer, that's why i can't really test those issues, by the way those dildos aren't enabled on this release because i had to change some things, i just forgot to remove them, they should be enabled again in the future.

The nurse bug, do you mean that after you finished talking to her, if you walk a considerable distance from her and then press the action button you still speak to her?

And the mouse controller option, i actually made that feature, but i didn't include it because i wasn't sure on which buttons to use for everything else, if you have any ideas on controller layout please post them, because that might be one of the biggest issues.

Also don't be that rude on Unity, it would take much more time and effort to make a game from scratch, and it's really not worth it, also i made every script on the game.

Thanks for your feedback!
Matpneumatos

Postby Destrocto » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:47 pm

The issue with the nurse only happened for me when I used the closet to switch clothes before talking to the nurse. Also I can't access the duster or clean the rooms. Nor can I do anything with the clients currently I also talked to the girl in the restaurant the save function does start appearing now. can't clean the room or service the clients nor is there any bags in the reception.
Destrocto

Postby Matpneumatos » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 pm

To access the duster you need to pause the game to access your inventory screen then press left or the "A" key to access your objects inventory, then press the action button to alternate between your duster and a bug catching net (currently useless), keep pressing the action button to deselect your duster. Thanks a lot for your comment.
Matpneumatos

Postby Maxinatorz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:21 pm

Matpneumatos Wrote:
The nurse bug, do you mean that after you finished talking to her, if you walk a considerable distance from her and then press the action button you still speak to her?

And the mouse controller option, i actually made that feature, but i didn't include it because i wasn't sure on which buttons to use for everything else, if you have any ideas on controller layout . . .

No problem, anytime of course- also im quite certain that we use the same, systemwise- win7 and so forth, its wierd how it didnt happen on yours

- Yes even on the entire other side of the room- i have not tested outside the room however- i probably should have.

-As for the control scheme- i'd say sprinting to be a seperate key- Lshift, feels natural to the hand, maybe interact / action would be on Q or E- easy to switch to- mouse button would also be a possibility but its really hard doing that if you want to implement combat- maybe have kick / punch on those, a button each, with zoom on scroll wheel. - but most of the time its up for preference.
(oh one more thing, dont use keys beyond 5 or 6- the less you have to move the hand, the easier it is for people to understand, usually anyway)

Also i actually like unity because it allows creativity, im just a being a hardass "elitist" or whatever about it, because i personally enjoy making it all buttom up, even if its alot more work, also i do think you done a great job on the event handler- it feels quite natural and responsive.
Maxinatorz

Postby Matpneumatos » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks, so i'll se if i can solve that issue with the nurse, and i'll keep working on a mouse camera control.

And what do you mean by event-handler?
Matpneumatos

Postby Maxinatorz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:55 am

You've not written one? Huh- unity must be taking care of that itself then
It's essentially just how things happens, and when it gets handled - kindof like an officer in an army, telling everyone to get in line.

There's different handlers for different things, actions have their own, like when you kick and move and the same time, the same with events, like you interact and it runs the next event- whether that be an animation or some other event- can be how and when scripts get to go and interact- so forth, long story short, it handles events =)
Maxinatorz

Postby Matpneumatos » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:02 am

No, Unity does not take care of that XD, i just wasn't sure of what were you talking about, because you said that it felted natural and responsive, sounds weird, because you don't directly interact with that part of the game, you just notice that things change and new events do happen, and yes, it was one of the most difficult parts to do.
Matpneumatos

Postby jb28147 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm having two problems with the game.

1) The number keys doesn't work.

2) If the character goes through a door and gets stuck in mid-air, there isn't a way to move out of mid-air.
jb28147

Postby convel ryuu » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:24 pm

problems:
while running you cant use the right arrow key an down arrow keys,
also i couldnt use the plasma child thing,
if you return to the jewelry shop an talk to person then you cant leave cause they will keep telling you to get the golden peach but she even tho i already delivered the golden peach,
when i went to sleep after learning plasma child i woke up the next day with 3 childs,
i was unable to finish the mission cause i couldnt jump over the second fence(i think jumping while holding the mastubation key and the enter key at same time may of caused this, cause after doing that the game wouldnt let me jump anymore, but im not sure if me hitting those keys caused it),
oh and also the water gave me the ability to fly wich wasnt really a problem but probably aint what jumping in the pond is suppose to do
oh and this only happened around the begining of the game but the boxs that appear at the top right of the screen that usually say "open" or "talk" well if i walk to one person the box would pop up and wouldnt go away wasnt that big of an issue only annoyed me a lil when i was talkin to the two squrriles right next to each oteher on the benchs, cause it start both there conversations at the same time so made it hard to read

anyways thats everything for now, hope it helps
Cecidisse rex. Alligatus fatum. In oblivione coram omnibus. Nunc tempore amisit. Aeternum solitarius in tenebras.
convel ryuu

Postby Matpneumatos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:54 am

jb28147 Wrote:I'm having two problems with the game.

2) If the character goes through a door and gets stuck in mid-air, there isn't a way to move out of mid-air.

1- what do you mean by that?
2- i supposedly did something to fix that, so i uploaded a new version just after the first release are you sure that's the version where this happens?
https://mega.co.nz/#F!WZ12QJhZ!V1QELASFdJU9vcQBF7pA3g
Matpneumatos

Postby Matpneumatos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:14 am

i numbered the issues you had with the game

1- while running you cant use the right arrow key an down arrow keys,
2- also i couldnt use the plasma child thing,
3- if you return to the jewelry shop an talk to person then you cant leave cause they will keep telling you to get the golden peach but she even tho i already delivered the golden peach,
4- when i went to sleep after learning plasma child i woke up the next day with 3 childs,
5- i was unable to finish the mission cause i couldnt jump over the second fence(i think jumping while holding the mastubation key and the enter key at same time may of caused this, cause after doing that the game wouldnt let me jump anymore, but im not sure if me hitting those keys caused it),
6- oh and also the water gave me the ability to fly wich wasnt really a problem but probably aint what jumping in the pond is suppose to do
7- oh and this only happened around the begining of the game but the boxs that appear at the top right of the screen that usually say "open" or "talk" well if i walk to one person the box would pop up and wouldnt go away wasnt that big of an issue only annoyed me a lil when i was talkin to the two squrriles right next to each oteher on the benchs, cause it start both there conversations at the same time so made it hard to read

1- Do you mean you can't rotate the camera while running? sometimes you can't use a key along another key and that's a hardware problem, most keyboards can't handle some keys being pressed at the same time.

2- You need to press the "Pregnant Button" "P" on the keyboard to begin her pregnancy, after it's done you should press the "Sexual Button" [4] to prepare the attack and at the same time the "Punch Button" [1] to give birth, you still can't use the plasma child?

3- I know about that issue, it should be fixed soon.

4 - Probably you made Krystal get pregnant without noticing it, but it could also be an error or a bug

5- What mission was that?

6- That's a weird issue, i'm not sure why does it happens but i'll see if i can fix it, but where was that bench?

7 - i'll try to solve that issue as well.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Matpneumatos

Postby jb28147 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:18 am

Matpneumatos Wrote:
jb28147 Wrote:I'm having two problems with the game.

1- what do you mean by that?
2- i supposedly did something to fix that, so i uploaded a new version just after the first release are you sure that's the version where this happens?
https://mega.co.nz/#F!WZ12QJhZ!V1QELASFdJU9vcQBF7pA3g

1) The default controls was the problem to the first one. Each of the default was [number] instead of number without the [] for some reason. For action, it was [0] instead of 0.

2) The first 2.0 version that you posted. The link in the quote isn't doing it anymore.
jb28147

Postby Matpneumatos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:02 am

Maybe your computer doesn't have a numpad? when the number has those [] it means that is a number on the numpad, you can change those inputs to any key you want. And again thanks a lot for the feedback! if you have any other issues please let me know!
Matpneumatos

Postby jb28147 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:33 am

Some issues when playing the valley mission.

1) When talking to Madame during the mission, there is a chance for the action key to be stuck to talk, causing the player to always talk to her even if the key is used for something else and the player is far away from her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

2015_4_2_6_37_18.png
After the action key is stuck to the talk option.

2) After dying at the village while holding a barrel, the barrel doesn't get removed, causing the character to be holding an invisible barrel.

2015_4_2_5_31_42.png
Invisible barrel glitch
jb28147

Postby FutaisLove » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:58 pm

I can't find out how to clean my room!! I know how to equip the duster, and I've been dusting things left and right, but nothing happens! I've been sitting here for an hour trying to get this to work! I've dusted everything in my room and every room in the hallway! I NEED HELP!!
FutaisLove
Newly Registered

Postby Maxinatorz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:25 pm

So @Mat

I downloaded the debug version - a few less issues and i managed to fix the action button issue
- the same conversation not ending when getting out of range for the interaction - i see other people are having the same issue.
Now i also have had the flying after swinning bug, i actually managed to render the entire second level of the first "mission" with enemies completely meh- also found your supposed secret underwater thing that i cant seem to defeat, hah-

So i got to just where you get the spinning krystal thing, to fly over stuff, and i got to the other side of the obstacle course- but that door said blocked by magic, which i assume it shouldnt be- i tried the other door behind, said the same, and i dont see no switches or nothing- even tried using the pregnancy ability on the door, the spinning, nothing really seems to open it. So i been walking back and forth in that little room locked in endlessly-

So now also that i've seen the map in more detail and i've gotten around to getting outside and all the way here, i have a few more things that i'd like to note -

(EDIT; @ futaislove - try using crouch, the very first time i played this, a very long time ago- i had this issue, you feel to be facing the item with the character, the duster needs to litterally touch, and also things such as the couch you need to crouch to clean - if that doesnt work, then thats a bug. Enjoy your game)

So i'm just gonna spoiler this next wall of text in, full of suggestions, and what not

There's a lot of unnecesary grinding- and i say unnecesary because its not a "challenge" its just dull and annoying- like the massive amount of running back and forth grabbing tnt and throwing them, the massive amount of running back and forth with bags- trust me i get theres no getting rid of grinding, and grinding is great- but you dont seem to feel an insentive to do so- its kindof monkey see monkey do- atleast with the bags, but with the tnt i see the point- theres just alot of it and that after maybe the first 6 tnt barrels it gets tedius, but i have to admit i do love the puzzle idea of using the fires to light torches closer by and such, thats well made, i applaud you for that.

Again i also wanna point out the lack of mouse control renders combat completely uneffective, atleast for me, it feels so awkward and unnatural, and i've noted after about an hour or so of play my left hand gets all annoyed - because it sits at an awkward position, and ill note- i have a big keyboard - and im a lefty so im used to it- but still it seems to be an issue, but maybe im just the only one who finds this incredibly awkward.

The level design in general is fine, but i cant help but actually wish that the things you need to use repeatedly would be more central- like the sleep area, you essentially go from one side of the map to the next, it would be alot more enjoyable to just essentially go back to the middle- I can see loads of possibilities to doing so, but most of which requires actual remodeling of the area's which i presume you'd rather not. So unless you feel up to that task or let someone else meddle with it, i dont see a way around without teleportation haha. But its definately something that would smooth out the play quite alot-

Maybe you should put save location in the save file- so essentially you dont auto start in the cell - if you save in the guys office- for example, and maybe put a couple of save spots in the missions, even if it does it automatically, i've not tried exiting the game, because i wanna hear if anyone have a fix so i dont have to go through all of the grinding again- and thats not an attitude you want players to get- you wanna entise them by the level- but thats just my opinion

Also theres abit of grammar issues- and the same text issue as i stated before- but im sure you're atleast thinking about that- If you need help with writing feel free to ask around on the board- im sure if you write a text they can write it up the way you'd want it to be-
Oh and maybe there should be a "skip conversation" button too - so you dont get stuck in a text you allready read for half a minute or more, it would just be a nice thing to have really

And you know two things that would also really benefit this game? You know how you can pick up barrels and throw them - maybe there should be more of that around the map, general entities, like in some of the shops, interactable objects really make the world feel alive- also it would give the inventory some more use, maybe you can actually have keys in those chest or actual wearable items, consumables- theres endless possibilities- but the fact that you maybe could interact with the world, is something that really feels to this game.

Oh and, you know how you have a pet shop where you can buy things- this is more of a story line / gameplay thing, just an idea i had while going through it, since its a ranch- why not at some point be able to buy and keep girls yourself? Interact and manage them so to speak- its an idea, even though i dont think that idea fits in with the "krystal is trying to get away from this place" - but then again, she's exiting the place anyway all the time, who's to say she might not be enjoying it after all.

There's alot, but all in all, from what i have seen even if im stuck "again" and probably of my own mistake- its quite nice, and i like it anyway because it has alot of potential- if you ever need advice or help, dont be afraid to ask, i personally have plenty of experience and loads to say, and im sure there's more than just me around here with equal or more experience. And trust me when i say it would and will be good for your game. =)

(EDIT- there's gonna be an edit here, but i quite litterally forgot what i was about to write *sigh*)

And again, sorry for the massive wall of text, i have alot to say about things i enjoy, take it as a compliment- haha.

Best regards - //Max
Maxinatorz

Postby Matpneumatos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:45 pm

jb28147 Wrote:Some issues when playing the valley mission.

1) When talking to Madame during the mission, there is a chance for the action key to be stuck to talk, causing the player to always talk to her even if the key is used for something else and the player is far away from her.

2015_4_2_6_37_18.png

2) After dying at the village while holding a barrel, the barrel doesn't get removed, causing the character to be holding an invisible barrel.

2015_4_2_5_31_42.png

Thanks a lot for that bug report, i already know the first issue, so i already fixed it i just need to upload the fixed version, but the second bug is new to me, so thanks again for that, i should fix it as soon as i can.
Matpneumatos

Postby Matpneumatos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:50 pm

FutaisLove Wrote:I can't find out how to clean my room!! I know how to equip the duster, and I've been dusting things left and right, but nothing happens! I've been sitting here for an hour trying to get this to work! I've dusted everything in my room and every room in the hallway! I NEED HELP!!

You only need to dust the rooms listed on the board of your room (or cell), those are hotel rooms, you'll know it needs to be dusted because furniture emits dust, you only need to dust those things, and you need to press and hold the "Punch" button to make Krystal do a dusting animation, the duster needs to make contact with the dirty piece of furniture in order to work. Thanks for your comment, feel free to ask as many questions as you want.
Matpneumatos

Postby Matpneumatos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Maxinatorz Wrote:So @Mat

So i got to just where you get the spinning krystal thing, to fly over stuff, and i got to the other side of the obstacle course- but that door said blocked by magic, which i assume it shouldnt be- i tried the other door behind, said the same, and i dont see no switches or nothing- even tried using the pregnancy ability on the door, the spinning, nothing really seems to open it. So i been walking back and forth in that little room locked in endlessly-

Maybe this will help.

It is a Zelda based level, you just learned an abbility that makes fire and you have a locked door, so look at some elements on that room, if this is not enough i'll let you know what to do later, but i think it would be better if you figure out what to do.
Matpneumatos

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects