The Furry Ranch - Alpha 2.0 [Updated April 8, 2015]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Furry Ranch - Alpha 2.0

Postby Maxinatorz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:59 pm

So i havent played since i wrote the message but the very moment you said that, it litterally popped into my head- because i actually did try that, apparently i did the opposite thing however- because i had gone through the first time and 1 lamp was on, so i tried to hit it again to see if i could "dissipate" the magic, stupid as that may seem, but thank you for the hint- i get it, also maybe there should be a hint like that somewhere- cause i totally didnt get that until you said it. Thanks buddy. I'll have a go at that. =)

(EDIT): Oh my, even the right sound and everything- also let me just spoiler this other question
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

To anyone having a hard time with the boss - you're not suppose to kill him once he goes invincible- i even glitched it out and tried to keep crouch kicking it four half an hour- you're supposed to enter that black spot- even though it doesnt look enter-able
Last edited by Maxinatorz on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxinatorz

Postby Matpneumatos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Maxinatorz Wrote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

There's a lot of unnecesary grinding- and i say unnecesary because its not a "challenge" its just dull and annoying- like the massive amount of running back and forth grabbing tnt and throwing them, the massive amount of running back and forth with bags- trust me i get theres no getting rid of grinding, and grinding is great- but you dont seem to feel an insentive to do so- its kindof monkey see monkey do- atleast with the bags, but with the tnt i see the point- theres just alot of it and that after maybe the first 6 tnt barrels it gets tedius, but i have to admit i do love the puzzle idea of using the fires to light torches closer by and such, thats well made, i applaud you for that.

Again i also wanna point out the lack of mouse control renders combat completely uneffective, atleast for me, it feels so awkward and unnatural, and i've noted after about an hour or so of play my left hand gets all annoyed - because it sits at an awkward position, and ill note- i have a big keyboard - and im a lefty so im used to it- but still it seems to be an issue, but maybe im just the only one who finds this incredibly awkward.

The level design in general is fine, but i cant help but actually wish that the things you need to use repeatedly would be more central- like the sleep area, you essentially go from one side of the map to the next, it would be alot more enjoyable to just essentially go back to the middle- I can see loads of possibilities to doing so, but most of which requires actual remodeling of the area's which i presume you'd rather not. So unless you feel up to that task or let someone else meddle with it, i dont see a way around without teleportation haha. But its definately something that would smooth out the play quite alot-

Maybe you should put save location in the save file- so essentially you dont auto start in the cell - if you save in the guys office- for example, and maybe put a couple of save spots in the missions, even if it does it automatically, i've not tried exiting the game, because i wanna hear if anyone have a fix so i dont have to go through all of the grinding again- and thats not an attitude you want players to get- you wanna entise them by the level- but thats just my opinion

Also theres abit of grammar issues- and the same text issue as i stated before- but im sure you're atleast thinking about that- If you need help with writing feel free to ask around on the board- im sure if you write a text they can write it up the way you'd want it to be-
Oh and maybe there should be a "skip conversation" button too - so you dont get stuck in a text you allready read for half a minute or more, it would just be a nice thing to have really

And you know two things that would also really benefit this game? You know how you can pick up barrels and throw them - maybe there should be more of that around the map, general entities, like in some of the shops, interactable objects really make the world feel alive- also it would give the inventory some more use, maybe you can actually have keys in those chest or actual wearable items, consumables- theres endless possibilities- but the fact that you maybe could interact with the world, is something that really feels to this game.

Oh and, you know how you have a pet shop where you can buy things- this is more of a story line / gameplay thing, just an idea i had while going through it, since its a ranch- why not at some point be able to buy and keep girls yourself? Interact and manage them so to speak- its an idea, even though i dont think that idea fits in with the "krystal is trying to get away from this place" - but then again, she's exiting the place anyway all the time, who's to say she might not be enjoying it after all.

There's alot, but all in all, from what i have seen even if im stuck "again" and probably of my own mistake- its quite nice, and i like it anyway because it has alot of potential- if you ever need advice or help, dont be afraid to ask, i personally have plenty of experience and loads to say, and im sure there's more than just me around here with equal or more experience. And trust me when i say it would and will be good for your game. =)

(EDIT- there's gonna be an edit here, but i quite litterally forgot what i was about to write *sigh*)

And again, sorry for the massive wall of text, i have alot to say about things i enjoy, take it as a compliment- haha.

Best regards - //Max

Thanks a lot for all those suggestions, it might be a wall of text, but it is worth seeing it, i want to comment on some of your points.

The grinding thing, maybe it will be removed, i could make Krystal deliver less bags, but also you won't need to do that job on future days on the game, because i'm planning on a system that allows Krystal to be promoted, so she will do more important jobs, as you can see, there's a kitchen on the restaurant, i want to use it on future releases for more jobs for Krystal, and even Ruto, so if you have any ideas for jobs or stuff, please let me know, and of course i'll credit you if you help me, from now on i'll post the names of people that are helping me with bugs on the game's credits.

I'm not sure about the mouse camera control, i really want to implement it, but it might take a while.

Going all the way to your bed might be a little annoying, but i can't see a wy to fix it, because you're right, i don't want to remodel the ranch, but i can tell you that at some point Krystal will earn a new bedroom, and it might be closer to some other areas.

Grammas issues are one of my main problems, but i'm not sure how to fix that, proof reading might be a little bit difficult because they need to find those errors, and i need to know where they are.

Filling tha game world is a slow process, that town ouside the ranch will be filled bit by bit.

And about your idea with the pet shop, i actually had planned something simmilar, so in the future you might see that feature, and if it works i could make something with the pet shop.

Thanks for all your support, if i need help i could contact you by private message, what do you say?
Matpneumatos

Postby allthewaynigga » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:14 am

Maxinatorz wrote:So @Mat

So i got to just where you get the spinning krystal thing, to fly over stuff, and i got to the other side of the obstacle course- but that door said blocked by magic, which i assume it shouldnt be- i tried the other door behind, said the same, and i dont see no switches or nothing- even tried using the pregnancy ability on the door, the spinning, nothing really seems to open it. So i been walking back and forth in that little room locked in endlessly-

Maybe this will help.

It is a Zelda based level, you just learned an abbility that makes fire and you have a locked door, so look at some elements on that room, if this is not enough i'll let you know what to do later, but i think it would be better if you figure out what to do.

I have the same problem, after i enter in that room i get to the other gate and it says "It's closed by some sort of magic" and when i try to get back it says the same thing
allthewaynigga
Newly Registered

Postby Maxinatorz » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:29 am

Matpneumatos Wrote:
Maxinatorz Wrote:
Thanks for all your support, if i need help i could contact you by private message, what do you say?

Of course, feel free to- if you message me i can give you my skype contact info and i can help you whenever you sit and get a headache over some bug- proof reading or whatever, but we can talk about that when ever.
I'd be more then happy to help out where-ever i can.
Maxinatorz

Postby Matpneumatos » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:36 am

Ok, i made a new version.

Things that should be fixed in this version

- The problem that locks your action button to speak to a person even if you are far away from that person.
- The problem that has Krystal holding an invisible object if she dies while holding an object.
- The problem that doesn't let you exit the jewerly shop after completing it's quest.

Other changes
- Added small arrows on the inventory screen to let you know you can change the menus by pressing left or right (A or D)

https://mega.co.nz/#F!vcUDjYgY!JPUoEHWKtyN2f7dc4uBqeQ
Matpneumatos

Re: The Furry Ranch - Alpha 2.0 [Updated 03/04/2015]

Postby allthewaynigga » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:17 pm

So i havent played since i wrote the message but the very moment you said that, it litterally popped into my head- because i actually did try that, apparently i did the opposite thing however- because i had gone through the first time and 1 lamp was on, so i tried to hit it again to see if i could "dissipate" the magic, stupid as that may seem, but thank you for the hint- i get it, also maybe there should be a hint like that somewhere- cause i totally didnt get that until you said it. Thanks buddy. I'll have a go at that. =)

I also did tried that thing with the lamp but the 2nd time i went in that room that lamp was off and im still stuck between those 2 doors locked by some sort of magic..
allthewaynigga
Newly Registered

Postby Maxinatorz » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:47 pm

allthewaynigga Wrote:
Maxinatorz Wrote:]]So i havent played since i wrote the message but the very moment you said that, it litterally popped into my head- because i actually did try that, apparently i did the opposite thing however- because i had gone through the first time and 1 lamp was on, so i tried to hit it again to see if i could "dissipate" the magic, stupid as that may seem, but thank you for the hint- i get it, also maybe there should be a hint like that somewhere- cause i totally didnt get that until you said it. Thanks buddy. I'll have a go at that. =)

I also did tried that thing with the lamp but the 2nd time i went in that room that lamp was off and im still stuck between those 2 doors locked by some sort of magic..

Please do try to use quotes- thankyou, also your name is rather innapropiate i think you should consider getting a new one before you get banned by a mod or someone gets upset-

I think you are looking at the issue all wrong, what i said was what i tried not what worked, what worked was his hint, that being actually making them burn, rather then trying to put them out. Did you try that? If all 4 of them are on, and it is not unlocked you are experiencing a bug, did you update and copy over the save game file perhaps?

Also NOTE TO ANYONE COPYING OVER THE SAVE FILE FROM ALPHA2, DEBUG0 OR DEBUG 2 TO 2- the fixes in the second debug will cause you to have issues with your save- you WILL need to replay or you will not have a good time, trust me. =)
Just a fair warning-
Specifically save-game bug, where you would save somewhere, then restart after having saved over the original and NON debug2 save, it would reset to day 1- with all of your clothes being worn-

Also if you are using the old save, i was on day7, im not sure if that was/is the last day in the game due to this bug - but when i went to do the bag delivery, do NOT speak to the receptionists, i have not tried this on a new save so it may be a complete bug and not just an error in the savegame- however this issue caused them to say hi and being unable to exit out of the conversation

Another bug with the old save is that you cannot - atleast on day 7, have intercourse with the 2 clients you are supposed to for that day, being peach and some green woman.
// Frost
Maxinatorz

Postby allthewaynigga » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Yeah the name is lame .. its just something i made up without thinking, anyway is the koopa mission the last one? i mean i can't enter further into the castle i get to the point when you get fired up by the big black ball weapons from super mario and when i get the key it doesn't open the door, is that the end of the alpha version?
allthewaynigga
Newly Registered

Postby Maxinatorz » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:48 am

allthewaynigga Wrote:Yeah the name is lame .. its just something i made up without thinking, anyway is the koopa mission the last one? i mean i can't enter further into the castle i get to the point when you get fired up by the big black ball weapons from super mario and when i get the key it doesn't open the door, is that the end of the alpha version?

I've not gotten that far myself yet, because of the debug ruining my savegave. But unless matpneu's gonna answer, you can upload your savegave in a rar and put it here- i can test it out for you, see if i can get it to work- best i can do for you.
// Frost
Maxinatorz

Postby allthewaynigga » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:43 am

Well i actually managed to go further, but im stuck at the barn mission now, i knocked down Berri or whatever her name is, but it doesn't move on with it i still have that "Ride the truck to the barn" or whatever
allthewaynigga
Newly Registered

Postby convel ryuu » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:03 am

Matpneumatos Wrote:i numbered the issues you had with the game

1- while running you cant use the right arrow key an down arrow keys,
2- also i couldnt use the plasma child thing,
3- if you return to the jewelry shop an talk to person then you cant leave cause they will keep telling you to get the golden peach but she even tho i already delivered the golden peach,
4- when i went to sleep after learning plasma child i woke up the next day with 3 childs,
5- i was unable to finish the mission cause i couldnt jump over the second fence(i think jumping while holding the mastubation key and the enter key at same time may of caused this, cause after doing that the game wouldnt let me jump anymore, but im not sure if me hitting those keys caused it),
6- oh and also the water gave me the ability to fly wich wasnt really a problem but probably aint what jumping in the pond is suppose to do
7- oh and this only happened around the begining of the game but the boxs that appear at the top right of the screen that usually say "open" or "talk" well if i walk to one person the box would pop up and wouldnt go away wasnt that big of an issue only annoyed me a lil when i was talkin to the two squrriles right next to each oteher on the benchs, cause it start both there conversations at the same time so made it hard to read

1- Do you mean you can't rotate the camera while running? sometimes you can't use a key along another key and that's a hardware problem, most keyboards can't handle some keys being pressed at the same time.

2- You need to press the "Pregnant Button" "P" on the keyboard to begin her pregnancy, after it's done you should press the "Sexual Button" [4] to prepare the attack and at the same time the "Punch Button" [1] to give birth, you still can't use the plasma child?

3- I know about that issue, it should be fixed soon.

4 - Probably you made Krystal get pregnant without noticing it, but it could also be an error or a bug

5- What mission was that?

6- That's a weird issue, i'm not sure why does it happens but i'll see if i can fix it, but where was that bench?

7 - i'll try to solve that issue as well.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

1- the right an left arrow keys not working while running seems to only happen on my laptop and not when i use my desktop keyboard, so guess its my laptop? still don't understand why i can use left and down but not right and up :/ oh wells

2- haven't been able to get plasma child yet, reason is cause the game keeps not letting me proceed certain chat scene things :/ this has only happened to me in the latest version and is annoying cause i keep having to restart :/ as for where it happened, so far its happened when talking to one of the squirrels at the reception are and after i restarted game it happened to me again when i talked to the lizard dude (aka 2nd client)

4- i don't think i did anything to cause me to be pregnant after learning plasma child? though i did fill my sxp bar to full before learning it

5- um first mission mission i think? it was the first time i seen a red barrel in game(i think) and i know for sure that it was the first time i had ran into the butt sucker things

6- bench? i didn't say anything about a bench? but the location that the swimming in air thing was happening to me was at the big pond at beginning of game, has all the magi carps in it, also so far i haven't been able to reproduce this in the latest version witch i downloaded today
Cecidisse rex. Alligatus fatum. In oblivione coram omnibus. Nunc tempore amisit. Aeternum solitarius in tenebras.
convel ryuu

Postby Matpneumatos » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:07 am

allthewaynigga Wrote:Well i actually managed to go further, but im stuck at the barn mission now, i knocked down Berri or whatever her name is, but it doesn't move on with it i still have that "Ride the truck to the barn" or whatever

Well, all that's left is to exit through that door close to Berri, maybe it's a bit confusing, because why would you leave when Berri is on the floor, maybe i'll make some changes about that on the future.
Matpneumatos

Postby Matpneumatos » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:26 am

1- the right an left arrow keys not working while running seems to only happen on my laptop and not when i use my desktop keyboard, so guess its my laptop? still don't understand why i can use left and down but not right and up :/ oh wells

2- haven't been able to get plasma child yet, reason is cause the game keeps not letting me proceed certain chat scene things :/ this has only happened to me in the latest version and is annoying cause i keep having to restart :/ as for where it happened, so far its happened when talking to one of the squirrels at the reception are and after i restarted game it happened to me again when i talked to the lizard dude (aka 2nd client)

4- i don't think i did anything to cause me to be pregnant after learning plasma child? though i did fill my sxp bar to full before learning it

5- um first mission mission i think? it was the first time i seen a red barrel in game(i think) and i know for sure that it was the first time i had ran into the butt sucker things

6- bench? i didn't say anything about a bench? but the location that the swimming in air thing was happening to me was at the big pond at beginning of game, has all the magi carps in it, also so far i haven't been able to reproduce this in the latest version witch i downloaded today

1- A s far as i know that's a hardware issue and it should be different on every computer, i have tested programs like GlovePie that can use console controllers and assign their inputs to keys on the keyboard, and you can press as many as you like, and they still are registered by the computer.

2- So do you mean that the game gets stuck after some chat scenes?

6 - I'm sorry i meant to put this as an answer to number 7 when you were talking to the two squrriles right next to each other.
Matpneumatos

Postby allthewaynigga » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:13 pm

The game is pretty damn nice tho, it has a potential i can't wait till it's complete :P, by the way in the debug2 once you talk to the ranch's owner for the barn mission, it doesn't proceed with it, it doesn't show ride the truck to the barn like it's suppose to, it says to talk with him again, also when you turn the quality of the game to the lowest, you can swim in the air if you have water close to you it gets buggy like swim/fly :D, so is the barn mission the last one for now?
allthewaynigga
Newly Registered

Postby Matpneumatos » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Thanks for your comment, yes the Barn is the last mission of this alpha 2.0, could you please send me your save file so i can test it to see what's wrong?
Matpneumatos

Postby allthewaynigga » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:56 pm

save.rar
there it is
(156 Bytes) Downloaded 51 times
allthewaynigga
Newly Registered

Postby Matpneumatos » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:38 am

allthewaynigga Wrote:
save.rar

So we discovered that the debug 2 version has a fatal mistake that could make the game unplayable, so if you have that version it shouldn't work, i'll upload a new version as soon as i can.
Matpneumatos

Re: The Furry Ranch - Alpha 2.0 [Updated 05/04/2015]

Postby Matpneumatos » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:07 am

So version Debug3 is ready

https://mega.co.nz/#F!jB8mEYpS!xL1NFp95gNB72hVw748Y0w

It should fixe the errors of the Debug2 version, and changes a few things.
Matpneumatos

Postby allthewaynigga » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:41 pm

So, is the game close to be finished or not quite yet?
allthewaynigga
Newly Registered

Postby Maxinatorz » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:12 pm

No, not at all, i really think you can expect some cool features comming up. Like you see in one of my earlier posts with idea where-to matpneu responded - About the keeping girls or managing, or something along those lines, and that's just one of probably a whole lot of cool features just waiting for you. So stay tuned and get excited-

If you liked what you seen so far- i really think you're going to see it become even better, with loads of cool improvements, and most probably better flowing combat, all sorts of things- but then again, who am i to speak.
// Frost
Maxinatorz

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects