Trapped in Space [Firehead]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Trapped in Space [Firehead]

Postby Tes » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:24 am

Marius listenes closely to you reponse, mulling over your last point especially with clenched lips. "It will be hard not to react in any way when he's speaking directly to me, but I will try to at least not react emotionally...As for my insurance...I don't think I can back off on that...yet."

He looked apologetic when he shut down your request and it sounded like there was at least hope for things to smooth over enough to sway him. "And yeah I though this chat might piss him off if he knew I talked to you right now, but I'm really not sure why. I mean I understand we're not on good terms now, but I feel like even from the beginning he would habe been pissed about it...Like...I don't know. Has he been cheated on before or something?"

"Not that I'm saying you in particular would do that" He swiftly added, raising his open hands. "...but that would at least explain his attitude somewhat..."
Tes

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:25 am

While it was nice to see he would consider it, it was hard not to feel a little wary of him given the danger hanging over us.

I was unsure how to answer when he started asking about Dulane's...insecurity for lack of a better term. I'd never really asked him much about his dating life before we'd met. It had never seemed important to me. Why would I care about who he dated before me now that we were together, but Marius had presented a possibility for why Dulane seemed so protective of me around other men. "I don't really know. It's not something we've ever talked about. I've always been so focused on the present and future."

I wasn't even sure how I would broach the subject. He'd definitely wouldn't tell me anything if I didn't share with him my past relationships, and I was worried that might make him feel even worse.
Firehead

Postby Tes » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:58 pm

It was definitely something to think about, though then again you two started dating in high school and where married when he went to college. The shift in his demeanor seemed to happen during that time apart, which should render the theory mute...unless...But that would be ridiculous. He definitely wouldn't cheat on you, get cheated on in turn and then turn around on you like that, right?

You were soon to be left alone with that awful thought when Marius sighed and said. "Well at least it seems I'm not the only one seeing it. Sorry again for waking you up and thanks again for hearing me out. I hope we get a few more chances to talk again." He had a warm smile on his lips as he turned away from you, starting to make his way down the corridor and letting you get back to your improvised sleeping arangement.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

If you don't by chance decide to stop Marius for which I left the option just in case you can do a roll to see if Dulane noticed her missing and catches her returning.
Tes

Postby Firehead » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:37 am

I shivered as such thoughts crossed my mind. To think I would even begin to suspect something like that about my husband. Sure things did get weird after he went to college, but even if it would make sense if that was the explanation, it wasn't even like I had any evidence to back it up, so I just needed to forget about that stupid idea.

Once Marius was gone, I sighed dejectedly. This really wasn't going to be a fun trip at this point, but I didn't have much choice beside making the best of it, so I made my way back to the cryogenics chamber hoping Dulane hadn't noticed me gone though I still felt pretty bad about sneaking around behind his back even if it was only to talk.

Not really clear on what to roll out of or what the thresholds are, so I'll just do it out of 100, and I got a 35
Firehead

Postby Tes » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:57 pm

Ah sry, habit. I will make sure to do so in the future. In this case it was more or less an equal chance of him noticing or not so a coin would have done but I usually prefer the d20. and of couse a d100 more than suffices ^^

Returning to the dim room you are unfortunately greeted by Dulane getting out of his pot, looking around rather frantically for you. "Aria!?" he called out, still a bit disoriented from just waking up. So much for him not noticing you were gone. When he spots you approaching just a few moments later he came over to you straight away.

He seemed to calm down a bit, knowing you were okay, but of course he still wanted to know where you went. "What happened? I thought we agreed to tell me if anything happens." he asked, holding onto your shoulders and searching your face for answers. Would he be able to see your dejection and guilt written there?
Tes

Postby Firehead » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:55 am

I stopped when I saw Dulane. I was just a little too late to get here before he awoke, and he was already worried just from me not being right there. I kept on my way over not wanting to make things worse than they already were with a delay. I went ahead and gave him a hug once we were together, but he was already going into questions within moments.

There was a moment hesitation as I wondered if I should tell him what happened or hide it. I hated that I even considered it, but while it was going to be rough, I knew it would be worse if I hid it and he found out. I just had to rip it off like a band-aid. "Everything's okay nothing happened. Marius wanted to see if we could smooth things over, but he wasn't willing to turn off the trap he set."
Firehead

Postby Tes » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:15 pm

"What?!" Dulane yelled, immeditaly disantangling himself from your hug which he had returned in the moment. His anger was immediatly apparent, his nostrils flaring with each fuming breath as blood began rushing into his face and his hands balled up into fists. "That fucking..." he began to hiss out, shaking his head and seemingly lost as to what vile insult he even wanted to use for Marius before you also caught some of his ire. "And you believed that?! Smooth things over my ass. Yeah right. What a fucking coincident that he came as soon as I was asleep, huh? That creep probably spied on us through the system again!"

And before you knew it your husband still in his underwear was storming after Marius at a brisk pace, not listening to anything you might want to say to calm him down. Being in much more of a hurry than him Dulane caught up to Marius who was just about to round the corner into the lounge. "Hey you!" Dulane yelled out to him just a few steps behind and as Marius started to turn with a confused "Huh?" he shoved him forward with everything he had. Marius stumbled sideways, but caught himself on the railing that went along the walls just as his legs slipped out from under him.

He straightened himself out and put together the pieces on what was going on holding out his arms in a deescalating gesture as Dulane approached for his next attack. "Don't you dare appraoch her again while I'm not around!" he spat. "Calm down, would you! Noth-" Markus replied, only to be shoved once more. Dulane must have wanted to finish the job of getting him onto the floor, but ready now Marius only took a half step backwards to catch himself and slowly retreated as he continued. "Nothing happened. We jus-"

This time Dulane kicked his leg and Marius swallowed that blow as well, though a twitch on his face this time came through as he scrunched his lips and huffed. "Cut it out!" he barked, his patience running thin. And when Dulane didn't listen and approached him once more, this time to punch, Marius shoved him back, immediatly sending him to the floor were he skid along to stop at you feet.
Tes

Previous

Return to Private Games