Translation Transcribers

Cyberpunk, fetish based Text RPG

Translation Transcribers

Postby FurrinGok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:12 am

I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL GET SOME WORK TO DO JUST BECAUSE YOU SIGN UP HERE. PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS TO BE A GUARANTEE FOR WORK.
We have no reason to believe that submissions will arrive in other languages, and of all the developers, I (Furrin Gok) might be the only one to actually want to take this precaution. After all, it may help bring in writers once they know there's somebody who can translate for them.

So, we're working hard at writing up some scenes and lore, and something came up; a new user asked us why we chose to have English as our sole language. Well, the answer is simple: English is a common language, and having the game come with a few scenes in a different language isn't really going to help. So, I decided I would ask and see if I could recruit any translation (converting to English) transcriber (retyping it) to read through the lore submitted by people that can't write much English and then translate the document to English.

List of transcribers:
Code: Select All Code
tracingthelines (French)
Juliaa<3 (French backup)
mariotx (Greek)
shuvy (Spanish)
Husky (Portuguese, Spanish backup)
Thisfag (Polish)

As a note to other developers, if you see somebody volunteer for this, put them on the list and note what language they translate FROM. All transcribers must be able to translate to English.
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Re: Translation Transcribers wanted

Postby tracingthelines » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 pm

I'm not half bad when it comes to translating TO English FROM French, but I'm not quite fully trained in the latter. As an addition to that though, I'd pride myself on being a pretty competent wielder of the English language, so if the team would like someone to proofread for grammar/spelling mistakes and/or suggest corrections and improvements to already-written scenes in English, I'd be more than happy to assist with that as well.
tracingthelines

Postby FurrinGok » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:15 am

tracingthelines Wrote:I'm not half bad when it comes to translating TO English FROM French, but I'm not quite fully trained in the latter. As an addition to that though, I'd pride myself on being a pretty competent wielder of the English language, so if the team would like someone to proofread for grammar/spelling mistakes and/or suggest corrections and improvements to already-written scenes in English, I'd be more than happy to assist with that as well.

We've already got our Grammar Nazi army amongst the writers, but you'll really just have to contact Pixel about potentially joining the crew.

Do you want to be put down as our French transcriber for the time being?
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok

Postby tracingthelines » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:24 am

Yeah, if you've got any writers making stuff in french, I'll lend a hand there. Long as you're sure the writers are good enough (and yourself, I now notice in the signature there) when it comes to proofreading their work, I'll probably only really need to do translation. Too many cooks, etc.
tracingthelines

Postby FurrinGok » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 pm

tracingthelines Wrote:Yeah, if you've got any writers making stuff in french, I'll lend a hand there. Long as you're sure the writers are good enough (and yourself, I now notice in the signature there) when it comes to proofreading their work, I'll probably only really need to do translation. Too many cooks, etc.

Hahah, I haven't actually been doing much proofreading of everybody's stuff, only did it once really, but I hammered down. We don't have anything coming in from French writers yet, and we may not end up having any such thing for a while, but if we do get something I'll send it to you.
FurrinGok

Postby Mariotx » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:48 am

I could do a Greek to English conversion though I'm not sure anyone will submit something in Greek though :/
Mariotx

Postby FurrinGok » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:09 pm

You never know. Like I said, this isn't a guarentee for anything, just a precaution in the off chance somebody does submit something.
FurrinGok

Postby shuvy » Sat May 10, 2014 3:22 am

I could do a spanish translation if you need.
shuvy

Postby pixelfetish8 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:22 pm

shuvy Wrote:I could do a spanish translation if you need.

Spanish? SPANISH?! you can help us a lot! i have tons of ideas and is dificult to me to express, have a guy who knows well the english and spanish it will be really great, really, you can search me in skype: pixel fetish8

: 3
pixelfetish8

Re: Translation Transcribers

Postby Juliaa<3 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Hello out here !
I really am interested in your project. I'm a french native, pretty young but still has a medium english level.
So if you would like some french tranlations, I could do that.
Juliaa<3

Postby FurrinGok » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Juliaa<3 Wrote:Hello out here !
I really am interested in your project. I'm a french native, pretty young but still has a medium english level.
So if you would like some french tranlations, I could do that.

Unfortunately, we've already got a French translator, but I suppose I could put you up as a backup, in case tracing vanishes or we manage to get multiple works at once.
FurrinGok

Postby Thisfag » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:52 pm

If you guys want, I could provide a Polish translation, but it's rather uncommon seeing someone from my country playing such games... People at my country are bit odd, dunno why.
Thisfag

Postby HighLevelRetard » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi!

Being ridiculously excited over this game I feel the urge to contribute! Unfortunatley I am from Sweden, which is probably a minor language here... (make that "probably" an undoubtedly). Still being from Sweden means that my English is above average (and I am exeeding in my course at school). So as much as I'd like to translate from Swedish to English or vice versa (and I have some experience with translating lyrics etc.) I doubt it will be highly necesary, what I instead suggest is that I proofread and such, which is something I'm quite good at if I were to say it myself. Also I can help you out with Swedish (acctually general nordic) lore and phrases if you planned on making a norse influenced class or something close to that.

Hope to hear from you! //Highlevelretard
HighLevelRetard

Postby FurrinGok » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:10 am

HighLevelRetard Wrote:Hi!

Being ridiculously excited over this game I feel the urge to contribute! Unfortunatley I am from Sweden, which is probably a minor language here... (make that "probably" an undoubtedly). Still being from Sweden means that my English is above average (and I am exeeding in my course at school). So as much as I'd like to translate from Swedish to English or vice versa (and I have some experience with translating lyrics etc.) I doubt it will be highly necesary, what I instead suggest is that I proofread and such, which is something I'm quite good at if I were to say it myself. Also I can help you out with Swedish (acctually general nordic) lore and phrases if you planned on making a norse influenced class or something close to that.

Hope to hear from you! //Highlevelretard

Well, we already have a ton of proofreaders, but I can certainly add you to the list.
FurrinGok

Postby Husky » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 pm

If someone happens to submit text in Portuguese, you can contact me. And you can have me as a backup for Spanish, considering I've read a few books in Spanish without much trouble... I imagine I can handle pretty much anything as long as the writer doesn't uses unusual slang.
Husky
Newly Registered

Postby FurrinGok » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Alright, added you to the list, Husky.
FurrinGok

Postby Matpneumatos » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:51 pm

I've seen that you already have some help for a spanish translation, but if you want additional help, or if you lost contact with those guys i could help with that too!
Matpneumatos

Postby Canizas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Pixie, I'm that Patrick. I'll contact u on skype when I'll have some free time. Maybe tommorow...

Tisfag, można się także z Tobą jakoś skontaktować? Myślę, że możemy nawiązać jakąś współpracę. ;P W końcu co dwie głowy...
C'ya!
Canizas
Newly Registered

Postby _COBA_ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi! I think your game is necessary to translate into russian language, i can help if you need..
_COBA_
Newly Registered

Return to Gangs n' Whores