Anyone got an idea for a story for me? AFF.

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Re: Anyone got an idea for a story for me? AFF.

Postby OmegaScales » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Sorry if I confused you, I just put the space in Ō Kami to represent that there are two characters, not that it is written that way. If it were 大 神 it would be dai kami, but 大神 is Ōkami. Again sorry for the confusion.
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby BlueLight » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:02 pm

OmegaScales Wrote:Sorry if I confused you, I just put the space in Ō Kami to represent that there are two characters, not that it is written that way. If it were 大 神 it would be dai kami, but 大神 is Ōkami. Again sorry for the confusion.

That still doesn't explain it! Ō is oo or ou in romanji. -_- wait this does kinda explain it. However in japanese there are no spaces and take a word like daisuki and i have to say i dissagree.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby OmegaScales » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Well... It's mostly context, isn't it? The character 好 which would be su in daisuki is pronounced Kō when by itself. As for spaces (taken from wikipedia), "In normal Japanese writing, no spaces are left between words, except if the writing is exclusively in hiragana or katakana (or with little or no kanji), in which case spaces may be required to avoid confusion." Sooo, yeah, It wouldn't normally be written 大 神. Unless the context called for it. I think. I'm not too sure, I don't have a lot of knowledge on the Japanese writing system.
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby BlueLight » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Japanese class, we had read Japanese with no kanji or spaces. Basic level with limited vocab so it wasn't to much of a problem. Also this is strage about the kanji for like because we'd spell suki like 好ki except hiragana. Fuck it,I'm checking online.
BlueLight

Postby BlueLight » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Just because i have to win for stupid reason and i'm right.... and wiki is the most trust worthy source of information (So much so that my college teachers wont allow it's use); i decided to go and look up a god on there. Heres the spelling they have for her.
Inari Ōkami (稲荷大神) Dammit you japaneses.... You betrayed me!

Still doesn't make sense to me. http://jisho.org/kanji/details/%E5%A4%A7

>_> so.... you going to write a story about Inari sama?
BlueLight

Postby fielddranzer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Kinda forgot about this post... Got busy with work and everything affiliated with that. Bit of a late response, but it can't be helped.

As for Inari sama, probably not, over the past few months, my usual writing habit has just died Down, I used to write a few times a month, now I'm lucky if I do it once a month.

Don't know why, but I really wanted to learn how to write something in Kanji.
fielddranzer

Previous

Return to General