Re-Introduction Time

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Re-Introduction Time

Postby Mixmaster Sparky » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:53 pm

I don't know where or when I would of posted an introduction on this forum (seeing how I joined in 2011 and been an active lurker since, i'll take my bet that its burried in 3 years of everyone's creativity.)

Lets start with who I am and why I am an active lurker.

The only name you need to associate with me is Kyo or Sparky, depending if you know/were a big part of SheezyART when it was a thing, or you just now met me. I'm mainly an active lurker for two reasons. For the majority of the time I was lurking because I just loved the games as much as most others do when er.. playing them. Now? I tend to get ideas on what i'm suppose to do. Recently, I finished my general programing courses (Mainly for C++) and decided 'hey, I've always wanted to learn ActionScript'. You guys are way ahead of me due to my newness and your hard work, that didn't stop me from being inspired and learning from everyone.

This inspiration brought a new part out of me. If anyone is a music composer and you have a DeviantArt account, you KNOW DA doesn't allow MP3's. (To my shocking dismay, the reason wasn't due to copyright issues. Their mods reasoning was this: Music isn't art. There is no other way I can take that. It would be different if I was shortening a paragraph into one phrase but as a quote "Music isn't Art"... I was 110% done with DA for a long time, until...) So I wanted a way around this. It was to use your MP3's in a flash catalyst. That was easy, but I wanted control. With the help of a couple tutorials, I managed to learn many of the sound functions in AS3 and more.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Phault - Wolfblade.swf [ 4.15 MiB | Viewed 546 times ]

(The quality is 224Kb/s, sorry that the file is large. I can easily lower the quality to something much more preferable so it can load faster)

AS3 was NOT enough, and I even learned how to recreate this with HTML5, but I lost the files shortly after due to a hard drive wipe. At least I didn't lose the knowledge.

(NOTE: One of my BIGGEST goals is to learn and perfect HTML5, JavaScript, and ActionScript. I want to learn how to convert Flash programing into HTML5 since its becoming standard, and even every phone and console past Wii/360/PS3 supports it. Heck, tinkering with consoles and Dreamweaver taught me that the WiiU has a developer mode right in the browser.)

I wish I knew more design. I wish I could draw for you guys, and animate whatever works I create. Unfortunately i'm just a beginner programmer willing to learn. Obviously I can create music, my tool of the trade there is FL Studio. Since I own FL Studio, it won't be a big issue helping to create music for you guys. I've been under alot of stress lately, and on my last nickel. If you guys are willing to provide a distraction for me, I'd be willing to make music for games or through requests and commissions. My music has improved dramatically over 3 years since i've last shown anyone here.

Sorry, my mind is jumbled, if things seem off or if you want to know more about me myself, please don't hesitate to ask.
Mixmaster Sparky
Newly Registered

Re: Re-Introduction Time

Postby Lynxy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:45 am

I don't actually know diddly about programming, but I thought you should have a reply already because aren't you just the cutest little thing.

Ok, honestly I had a listen through your FA gallery and it's very, very cool. I'm sorry I missed the chance to say hi when you first poked your head out of the shadows.
Lynxy

Postby TheWrongHands » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:18 am

wow, that's pretty good. i'm not sure what kind of distraction you have in mind, but i'm usually up for a chat
Current Projects:
http://projectseedsphanes.blogspot.com/

Previous Projects:
TheWrongHands

Postby Bad Idea » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:45 am

"Music Isn't Art." Wow. That is some grade-A fucking bullshit those DeviantArt mods came up with. Even Newgrounds considers music to be Art.

You know what? You don't need Deviantart. Showcase your music here. You'll get more traffic anyway.
Demon Dreams - WIP thread - Because those fantasies had to come from somewhere.
Bad Idea

Postby Seiteki-saki » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Oh I really like this passion you have. I felt the same way about this stuff a long time ago, and recently I still have. It is unfortunate that DA has that issue. Also, its funny that you mentioned being a lurker. lol I must have lurked here for some odd years or so. This place and a few others is what helped me get into wanting to animate after such a long exposure. For the longest time I wasn't a fan of flash either. I don't know why, but I came to my senses. I'm glad HTML5 is helpful to you too. It really is good to have that and AS3 as options :)
Seiteki-saki
Newly Registered

Return to General