I have a couple of questions. Still a bit new!

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

I have a couple of questions. Still a bit new!

Postby BlueVixen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:48 pm

I really hope this is the right section for asking questions/getting help. Since I'm still new here and unable to PM anyone, now I know I could send an e-mail to Renara about these questions, but so far what I sent to him seem to have been ignored or the e-mail did not go through properly. So I really have no help in getting through the curiosity of this website. Slowly though, I'm getting my bearings! I did look through the FAQ and other helpful things, but none of them really gave any insight. I do imagine the answers to these questions are laid out in plain sight or are located someone around the forum, but any search I did brought up different results. Any help and answers are greatly appreciated! I think most of these questions I have were answered from when I first signed up to join, but I do not remember much of what I read, sorry.

-How long or how many posts do I need till I'm no longer considered a new member? Not being able to PM anyone is a bit of a problem, since I can not get help with anything. (Which is the reason as to why I'm making this topic.) I also do wish to interact with the people around here. You all seem quite fun and friendly, and it is a bit boring having to sit here in silence. Now I do not remember seeing anything about the length that new users have to go through till their newcomer status has been revoked. I have also received a couple of messages from people but I'm unable to reply to them. I do not want to come off as rude, especially if they do not know that I'm unable to reply back to them.

-Is there a place on here where I can share..Uhm..my stories of Erotica? I enjoy writing, especially themes that involve more of the mature adult-only themes and I enjoy sharing them even more! I looked around but was unable to locate anything that dealt with this, I'm not even sure if sharing stories is allowed on here. But if they are, what exactly is allowed? What rules do I need to abide to? I can guess that if I am allowed to share any stories then they must be of my own and not from another writer. I did see the rules and know them pretty well, but I'm not sure if things differ between games and stories. Also, if they are allowed, where would I post them at? I imagine Creative Corner, but again I'm not sure.

-Is there a rule against posting in dead or silent topics? Am I allowed to make a new post in a topic that has been sitting still for a few months without any activity? What is the length!?

-I seem to be unable to create a signature. I'm not sure of this option is not allowed by new members or if I'm just not looking in the right spot. I did go to the User Control Panel, but I see nothing that relates to a signature.

-How exactly did this all get started? What is the history of this website? I'm curious about this!

-I'm a little confused on this rule: "Any digital art where the participants are stated as below 18 years old are disallowed on the forums." Does this refer to what is commonly called "Lolicon" or is it referring to real-life photos and animation? (Ew.) I have seen a few games where characters seemed to be a bit on the young side, though ages are never truly stated. Does this also apply to Erotic stories? Not that I wrote any that involve younglings..I'm innocent! ;)

-I have some ideas and have wrote out some stories that could possibly be amazing if transformed in to a game on here. But I have very little coding ability, and my art is created with words so I also have very little ability in the arts department. Question is, how exactly do I get in touch with developer(s) who may be wanting to create a game but needs help with the storyline or is lacking one entirely? Not sure if I should just make a post seeking the coders and artists or wait and see if someone on here or needs a story? Confused a bit on this part!

Okay, this is it for my questions, might have more in the future though. As I said above, I'm unsure if questions/help belong in this section. So, sorry if I got this in the wrong portion of the forum. Also, I would like to apologize if the answers to these questions can be found already. As I said, I searched through the forum and could not find anything, or got different results.

Also would like to say that I have been enjoying my time here. It has been nothing but thrills so far!
BlueVixen

Re: I have a couple of questions. Still a bit new!

Postby VintageBass » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:40 pm

BlueVixen Wrote:-How long or how many posts do I need till I'm no longer considered a new member?

10 posts, that's all you need!

BlueVixen Wrote:-Is there a place on here where I can share..Uhm..my stories of Erotica? I enjoy writing, especially themes that involve more of the mature adult-only themes and I enjoy sharing them even more! I looked around but was unable to locate anything that dealt with this, I'm not even sure if sharing stories is allowed on here. But if they are, what exactly is allowed? What rules do I need to abide to? I can guess that if I am allowed to share any stories then they must be of my own and not from another writer. I did see the rules and know them pretty well, but I'm not sure if things differ between games and stories. Also, if they are allowed, where would I post them at? I imagine Creative Corner, but again I'm not sure.

They would go in the Non-Flash Section since... well, it's not a Flash game, and there are stories there already (for example the CYOA thread that is currently there). Really it doesn't matter on the stories, so make a new topic and share them!

BlueVixen Wrote:-Is there a rule against posting in dead or silent topics? Am I allowed to make a new post in a topic that has been sitting still for a few months without any activity? What is the length!?

You can make posts there, you just can't do it on locked topics. Really I don't see the need for it, partly in the whole bumping thing to get the dead topics up.

BlueVixen Wrote:-I seem to be unable to create a signature. I'm not sure of this option is not allowed by new members or if I'm just not looking in the right spot. I did go to the User Control Panel, but I see nothing that relates to a signature.

It should be under the Profile tab, where it's said Manage signature, although I didn't get mine for some time now. *shrugs*

BlueVixen Wrote:-I'm a little confused on this rule: "Any digital art where the participants are stated as below 18 years old are disallowed on the forums." Does this refer to what is commonly called "Lolicon" or is it referring to real-life photos and animation? (Ew.) I have seen a few games where characters seemed to be a bit on the young side, though ages are never truly stated. Does this also apply to Erotic stories? Not that I wrote any that involve younglings..I'm innocent! ;)

Not only that, but shotacon and anyone else that fall under that. And I would believe so in terms of stories, but then again this is coming from someone who is writing about a nudist Pokemon trainer, but that's more about the ideas of nudism, not about the sex.

BlueVixen Wrote:-I have some ideas and have wrote out some stories that could possibly be amazing if transformed in to a game on here. But I have very little coding ability, and my art is created with words so I also have very little ability in the arts department. Question is, how exactly do I get in touch with developer(s) who may be wanting to create a game but needs help with the storyline or is lacking one entirely? Not sure if I should just make a post seeking the coders and artists or wait and see if someone on here or needs a story? Confused a bit on this part!

Usually the Discussion page under the Creative section is where one will go if you are seeking someone to get some help on a project. As long as you are willing to discuss the idea and help with the process, then yeah. I do know there was one individual who wanted to adapt his story into a game, but that's more of "here's my story now see what you can do with it without me having a hand in it." It does help to know a few things, but to each our own.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby BlueVixen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Thank you VintageBass, you are officially my favorite person on here! Thank you for informing me and answering these questions thoroughly, much appreciated for it! Gold sticky star for you!

VintageBass Wrote:10 posts, that's all you need!

Ah, well in that case I only got a few more to do. Of course, I'm not going to spam the forum. I'm a rule abiding member!

VintageBass Wrote:They would go in the Non-Flash Section since... well, it's not a Flash game, and there are stories there already (for example the CYOA thread that is currently there). Really it doesn't matter on the stories, so make a new topic and share them!

Alright then, I'll make sure to pop on over there and place down some of my stories. I did see the CYOA thread, but I was not quite sure if that counted as an erotic story or not since it seemed to be something like a non-flash game.

VintageBass Wrote:It should be under the Profile tab, where it's said Manage signature, although I didn't get mine for some time now. *shrugs*

So this is an issue related to the forum then? I checked and all I see are the options about my Avatar, email/information stuff and then the account settings for my email and password. Nothing about creating a signature.

VintageBass Wrote:Not only that, but shotacon and anyone else that fall under that. And I would believe so in terms of stories, but then again this is coming from someone who is writing about a nudist Pokemon trainer, but that's more about the ideas of nudism, not about the sex.

Okay then! I'll just make sure to stay clear from it then unless Renara says it's fine. Might ask him though just to be sure, Since he is the Admin. Do you plan on sharing that story you're making? I'm interested in it and would like to give it a look. I also have created a Pokemon theme story which involves Misty, Jesse and their Pokemon interacting. Though, Misty is 10 and Jesse is 17 in the series. I assume I'd have to change their ages to 18 and up in order to show it on here.

VintageBass Wrote:Usually the Discussion page under the Creative section is where one will go if you are seeking someone to get some help on a project. As long as you are willing to discuss the idea and help with the process, then yeah. I do know there was one individual who wanted to adapt his story into a game, but that's more of "here's my story now see what you can do with it without me having a hand in it." It does help to know a few things, but to each our own.

I'll make sure to pop over there and see if anyone is asking for help on a story or with any dialogue. I'll also look through some topics on here about people asking for help on a project, use those as references so I know what to say and ask. Of course I'll be willing to discuss the ideas and help with the process to the best I can anyway. Again, I'm not that experienced with coding or with drawing so I'm not sure of I could help with that. But anything related to writing, I can do!
BlueVixen

Postby VintageBass » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:43 pm

BlueVixen Wrote:Thank you VintageBass, you are officially my favorite person on here! Thank you for informing me and answering these questions thoroughly, much appreciated for it! Gold sticky star for you!

Thank you! :)

BlueVixen Wrote:Alright then, I'll make sure to pop on over there and place down some of my stories. I did see the CYOA thread, but I was not quite sure if that counted as an erotic story or not since it seemed to be something like a non-flash game.

At the moment there's not really a whole lot of sex, beyond the seduction of a gnoll and killing it, the Great Dane and his problem, our lead getting fucked by a prostitute, and there's a thing where we're trying to get a horse monster his own fix. Apparently being a slime might do the trick. It just require some looking through, that's all.

BlueVixen Wrote:So this is an issue related to the forum then? I checked and all I see are the options about my Avatar, email/information stuff and then the account settings for my email and password. Nothing about creating a signature.

Then I guess it's not available for those who are new to the site. Just gotta get those posts up and then it should be there.

BlueVixen Wrote:Okay then! I'll just make sure to stay clear from it then unless Renara says it's fine. Might ask him though just to be sure, Since he is the Admin. Do you plan on sharing that story you're making? I'm interested in it and would like to give it a look. I also have created a Pokemon theme story which involves Misty, Jesse and their Pokemon interacting. Though, Misty is 10 and Jesse is 17 in the series. I assume I'd have to change their ages to 18 and up in order to show it on here.

Eh, considering that some of us have played characters that are in their teens, mostly seeing 16, it's allowed of sort. Heck my lead is 13 and the plan is to keep a relationship of hers as sex-free as possible. Again, wanna focus on the nudism. (Personally I think Misty is 12 or 13 in the series, but what do I know) As for sharing the story... well I did had a link to it, but the image I had wasn't working so I need to create a new link, hopefully one that can stay for awhile. If anything, it's on my FF.net page, just click the little globe under my avatar.

Plus Renera is more about trying to keep the site up as of late. Most of the time you'll have mods taking care of business down here, especially Zeus. Still we are doing our best around here, so we're just looking out for others.

BlueVixen Wrote:I'll make sure to pop over there and see if anyone is asking for help on a story or with any dialogue. I'll also look through some topics on here about people asking for help on a project, use those as references so I know what to say and ask. Of course I'll be willing to discuss the ideas and help with the process to the best I can anyway. Again, I'm not that experienced with coding or with drawing so I'm not sure of I could help with that. But anything related to writing, I can do!

I don't know much about code myself, but a little info should help just in case. Still, as long as you can help out in the project, it can work in the end. I am hoping to adapt some of my stories, and at least I am dabbling in to messing around with the art so I do have something besides my writing to get the game off.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby thedude9351 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Welcome to Paradise so sense you are an avid writer will you be joining us in the RP section and embark on epic quests of depravity
The Dude abides
thedude9351

Location: A little town in the middle of nowhere deep in the sunny Californian Desert

Postby BlueVixen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:59 pm

thedude9351 Wrote:Welcome to Paradise so sense you are an avid writer will you be joining us in the RP section and embark on epic quests of depravity

Thanks for the welcome!

I have been wanting to join in ever since I first discovered the section, but with me being a new member and needing my posts approved I decided to sit out on it for now. Also, I'm not sure how I would go about joining one? I know people would not like it if I just randomly jumped in out of the blue. I guess this is another question to add to the list!
BlueVixen

Postby VintageBass » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:01 pm

BlueVixen Wrote:I have been wanting to join in ever since I first discovered the section, but with me being a new member and needing my posts approved I decided to sit out on it for now. Also, I'm not sure how I would go about joining one? I know people would not like it if I just randomly jumped in out of the blue. I guess this is another question to add to the list!

Well you can still post in the OOC and say that you're interested in it before you post in a CS, and also the 1x1 section is also good to get some posts in since it's a lot more quicker because of there only being two players involve.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby BlueVixen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:13 pm

VintageBass Wrote:Well you can still post in the OOC and say that you're interested in it before you post in a CS, and also the 1x1 section is also good to get some posts in since it's a lot more quicker because of there only being two players involve.

Well, you're quite the helpful one it seems!

So, I post in the Out Of Character portion and introduce myself? Let people know what type of roleplay I'm looking to join and then wait for an invite? Or just find a person to victimize in a one-on-one roleplay?
BlueVixen

Postby VintageBass » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:19 pm

BlueVixen Wrote:Well, you're quite the helpful one it seems!

Thank you.

BlueVixen Wrote:So, I post in the Out Of Character portion and introduce myself? Let people know what type of roleplay I'm looking to join and then wait for an invite? Or just find a person to victimize in a one-on-one roleplay?

Well see what RPs that are available, read the first post and see if it interests you. And then all you do is wait for a reply to say you're good, and also looking at the RP's forst post will let you know if it's full and if there's a reserve list. As for anyone for the 1x1, you can throw up a request in the Request and Interest Thread there, and see if anyone would take you up on that offer. Right now, it'll be a wait since no PMs, but you're just about there. Once you have 11 posts, the PMs should come and you should be able to create a signature.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm a bit late to this, but I'd like to answer some of your questions as well.

BlueVixen Wrote:-Is there a rule against posting in dead or silent topics? Am I allowed to make a new post in a topic that has been sitting still for a few months without any activity? What is the length!?

This generally falls into the "common sense" area. If you are planning to post in an inactive thread with something like "When's the next release?", then that's generally not a great idea if the thread's creator isn't likely to read it. If you've got information to add, if you know the OP is active, or you have something helpful to say, then it's totally okay. We don't have a hard and fast rule about this sort of thing, but as a rule of thumb it's better to post on active threads where the owner/developer is still working on their game.

BlueVixen Wrote:-I'm a little confused on this rule: "Any digital art where the participants are stated as below 18 years old are disallowed on the forums." Does this refer to what is commonly called "Lolicon" or is it referring to real-life photos and animation? (Ew.) I have seen a few games where characters seemed to be a bit on the young side, though ages are never truly stated. Does this also apply to Erotic stories? Not that I wrote any that involve younglings..I'm innocent! ;)

CP is rough, and the repercussions are severe. Personally I like lolicon, but as far as this site is concerned lolicon is art where the characters have immature looking bodies, but are over 18. There are a lot of mainstream pornography sites that seek out 18+ girls that have very young looking bodies, and I have no problem with this in practice. Remember that lolicon is allowed, but toddlercon (characters that are babies/toddlers in appearance) isn't.

What this means to you as a content creator: you can describe Misty as being young looking, having a small body and immature breasts as long as you never mention her age.

BlueVixen Wrote:-How exactly did this all get started? What is the history of this website? I'm curious about this!

IIRC, Playshapes released his Legend of Krystal version 0.1 in late 2009. Renara created the site and invited a lot of people to help her improve the Legend of Krystal game. Within the year they had LoK v 0.2 released, and it made its rounds. After that point, a lot of people got interested in the site (me included), and it slowly started to change. More projects were started in the Creative Corner, some to make assets for v 0.3, some to re-use assets from 0.2, and some making their own projects. The site slowly grew, the focus shifting away from LoK and towards general game development. Thaedael and a few others created the Roleplaying subforum, and Trunks, Malcanthet, Katsu, Alcander, and the rest of the team made Area 52, an attempt at releasing a new LoK game. Unfortunately that project failed, and it was basically the last breath of LoK v0.3.

Since then it's been a ride, with me becoming moderator, everyone older than me leaving 'sides Taria, and now some new mods coming on board. Our CC has continued to grow, and I'm looking forward to seeing if we can get Canvas support for the forum to support some new projects.
Zeus Kabob

Postby BlueVixen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:I'm a bit late to this, but I'd like to answer some of your questions as well.

I'm always willing to listen to answers to my questions. Thank you!

Zeus Kabob Wrote:This generally falls into the "common sense" area. If you are planning to post in an inactive thread with something like "When's the next release?", then that's generally not a great idea if the thread's creator isn't likely to read it. If you've got information to add, if you know the OP is active, or you have something helpful to say, then it's totally okay. We don't have a hard and fast rule about this sort of thing, but as a rule of thumb it's better to post on active threads where the owner/developer is still working on their game.

Got it, thank you for clearing that one up! I'll avoid threads that are dead then, unless I find something that is important or useful to the threads content, and if people might be interested in it. Though, if it is deceased then I doubt anyone would still be.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:CP is rough, and the repercussions are severe. Personally I like lolicon, but as far as this site is concerned lolicon is art where the characters have immature looking bodies, but are over 18. There are a lot of mainstream pornography sites that seek out 18+ girls that have very young looking bodies, and I have no problem with this in practice. Remember that lolicon is allowed, but toddlercon (characters that are babies/toddlers in appearance) isn't.

What this means to you as a content creator: you can describe Misty as being young looking, having a small body and immature breasts as long as you never mention her age.

Understood! Thank you again for the clarity, my mind is no longer fogged with confusion. I'm so glad I did not hurt myself in my confusion, saved myself from receiving -5HP. I avoid Toddlercon entirely, I consider myself a bit dark, twisted and disturbed but I have limits! So no worries over here about this. It does seem that I'm going to have to edit my story though, which could take a while, since I got to re-write it to fit the rules of this forum.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:IIRC, Playshapes released his Legend of Krystal version 0.1 in late 2009. Renara created the site and invited a lot of people to help her improve the Legend of Krystal game. Within the year they had LoK v 0.2 released, and it made its rounds. After that point, a lot of people got interested in the site (me included), and it slowly started to change. More projects were started in the Creative Corner, some to make assets for v 0.3, some to re-use assets from 0.2, and some making their own projects. The site slowly grew, the focus shifting away from LoK and towards general game development. Thaedael and a few others created the Roleplaying subforum, and Trunks, Malcanthet, Katsu, Alcander, and the rest of the team made Area 52, an attempt at releasing a new LoK game. Unfortunately that project failed, and it was basically the last breath of LoK v0.3.

Since then it's been a ride, with me becoming moderator, everyone older than me leaving 'sides Taria, and now some new mods coming on board. Our CC has continued to grow, and I'm looking forward to seeing if we can get Canvas support for the forum to support some new projects.

That is quite the history right there and thank you for telling me about it. Seems like this place was destined to become what it is today! Wish I was around earlier so I could have seen this place when it first began! But, better late than never I suppose!
BlueVixen

Postby Lynxy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:22 am

lol, I miiight be a wee bit late for answering questions, but welcome anyhow. I have to thank you for prompting a history lesson.
Lynxy

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:08 am

Lynxy Wrote:lol, I miiight be a wee bit late for answering questions, but welcome anyhow. I have to thank you for prompting a history lesson.

Glad you enjoyed it :)
Zeus Kabob

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:IIRC, Playshapes released his Legend of Krystal version 0.1 in late 2009. Renara created the site and invited a lot of people to help her improve the Legend of Krystal game. Within the year they had LoK v 0.2 released, and it made its rounds. After that point, a lot of people got interested in the site (me included), and it slowly started to change. More projects were started in the Creative Corner, some to make assets for v 0.3, some to re-use assets from 0.2, and some making their own projects. The site slowly grew, the focus shifting away from LoK and towards general game development. Thaedael and a few others created the Roleplaying subforum, and Trunks, Malcanthet, Katsu, Alcander, and the rest of the team made Area 52, an attempt at releasing a new LoK game. Unfortunately that project failed, and it was basically the last breath of LoK v0.3.

Tsk....
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby FurrinGok » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:53 am

I'm gonna hijack this thread for a question that's been on my mind pertaining new users.
I know they cannot send PMs, but are new users able to receive and read PMs, or will I have to email them?
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:04 pm

FurrinGok Wrote:I'm gonna hijack this thread for a question that's been on my mind pertaining new users.
I know they cannot send PMs, but are new users able to receive and read PMs, or will I have to email them?

Yeah, they can receive and view PMs.
Zeus Kabob

Return to General