Can't upload pictures or gifs

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Can't upload pictures or gifs

Postby Acid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:47 am

Hi!
I have been trying to post some pictures and gifs on this forum and it seems that the site wont accept a picture or a gif over 10-14 kb. It must have something to do with my computer or the internet here since I can't detect someone with the same problem as me.
If someone has any advice or knows whats wrong I would highly appreciate if someone were to respond! :D
Acid

Re: Can't upload pictures or gifs

Postby TheWrongHands » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:48 am

could also be that your new here, you might not be able to until you get your 10 posts in
Current Projects:
http://projectseedsphanes.blogspot.com/

Previous Projects:
TheWrongHands

Postby VintageBass » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:01 am

OK, how are you uploading the pictures? You are using the upload attachments? If you're doing this for your signature, you're going to need to get some posts in before you can mess around with that, and if you're using an uploaded picture from your desktop, it's better to go use an image hosting site to keep the picture there, then use the IMG tag to display it. Not to mention that .gifs, and other pics, tend to have a certain height limit to them...

Although I could be wrong, so enlighten me if you can.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Acid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah I was using upload attachment and trying to upload an image from my desktop. I have been on another forum where I had the same problem for some reason.
The picture is about (396 x 300) 136 kb and the .gif is (200 x 200) 41,4 kb. I can't think of anything that would ruin the uploading more than the internet or that something on my computer is blocking the upload, my internet loses connection to the site after loading the images. I then tried to upload something smaller than that, it was about 9 kb and it worked. The pictue size was the same as the 396 x 300 picture. I might have to upload the pictures to another site as you said then.
This is my first post so if it's true that I have to get 10 posts to upload images to topics then this problem is solved. ^^
Thanks for replying! :)
Acid

Postby BlueVixen » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Would it be possible for us to receive this photo? We can try and see if we can get it to work on our end.

http://imgur.com/ is a great website for uploading photos too, and they display photo sharing codes for you so you just need to copy/paste the code. Tis the website I used for my signature.
BlueVixen

Postby Acid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Thanks! imgur seems to work fine to me I will upload the pictures as I proceed with the image uploades on another topic that I'm going to create. :D
Acid

Postby Acid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:27 pm

I found the problem it was my internet here :) I plugged in my mobile internet and had no problems with uploading it now. I'm not quite sure why it doesn't work but atleast now I have a solution for the problem and I can upload pictures to the forums! :D
Thanks for all the help!
Acid

Postby BlueVixen » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:33 pm

Acid Wrote:Thanks! imgur seems to work fine to me I will upload the pictures as I proceed with the image uploades on another topic that I'm going to create. :D

Great! Glad to be of help, it's good that this problem of yours is fixed. I'll await for your images on another topic.
BlueVixen

Return to General