Hello!

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Hello!

Postby omicron » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Hey everyone. I am Omicron, I have been here for a while but never formally introduced myself. I have Cs3 flash and want to begin on a flash side scroller. Needless to say I love all of the play shapes games and their animations. Hopefully I can pick it up, but I am usually a paper and pen artist. GoRepeat's work is a inspired me to give animation a try. My game is almost guaranteed to make some people laugh. So I guess this is an introduction and a question thing a thing.

Does anybody know what I could manage with CS3, or where I could upgrade? Possibly freeware that allows me to create a side scroller. I am a decent artist and a graphic designer in my professional career, but all of my programs are indesign, photoshop, and other programs similar to blender.

Again the LOK community is awesome, id love to learn more and I have so many questions to ask. First and foremost: How do I get my PMing rights!! :lol: I want to ask a few people here about some of the incredible work they have done, but I cant send anyone a message :)
omicron

Re: Hello!

Postby VintageBass » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:49 pm

Well all you needed is to get your last message approved and you should be able to PM now!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby omicron » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Thank you thank you!
omicron

Postby MegaPlayboy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:27 am

CS3 is fine. I have CS5.5 myself, and the differences are minimal.
Do you have any experience with Flash? I'd be glad to help you figure out what you're doing and get you on the track of making a side-scroller.
"Thank you Mega-playboy! You make us complete and we will love you forever!!"
MegaPlayboy

Postby omicron » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:20 am

I have some experience. I did flash animation when it first came out. So its all about remembering keyframes and so on. My focus is more in digital design. I know I am a very capable artist, so its just a matter of learning this tool and all of its different little tricks. Any help would be seriously appreciated. After I get a good basic understanding I should really kick into high gear. I'd like to make something move as smooth as something like GoRepeat's work in the past. I really liked the smooth swings and attacks. In addition to this, I really like Corta's work with flip animations, and the use of projectile weapons. :) But basics first, I need to learn how to make something controllable, then figure out the works of healthbars, movement, animation while moving. Its a huge process, but I really like the community here and I am willing to put forth serious effort.
omicron

Postby Zankio » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:28 am

I hope you have fun here and good luck in your flash/animation endeavors!

~
Zankio

Postby omicron » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:15 am

So Mega! How do we start :)
omicron

Postby MegaPlayboy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:46 am

I'll PM you some details of how you should get started.
"Thank you Mega-playboy! You make us complete and we will love you forever!!"
MegaPlayboy

Return to General