Sakyubasu no Tatakai I (Finished)

Re: Rush!

Postby Sakome » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Click the logo to skip
Sakome

Postby Privateer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 pm

BlueLight Wrote:
Privateer Wrote:Any chance you have plans to place a password to skip the first level?

id rather have saves

maybe for the finished product, but seeing as how it's still being developed and thus the program is changing with each update I think a password would be easier
Goood goood
Privateer

Postby iamnuff » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:20 pm

there is already a way to skip the first level,

press the picture in the bottom left before you start the game.
iamnuff

Postby SquallLion » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:56 pm

iamnuff Wrote:there is already a way to skip the first level,

press the picture in the bottom left before you start the game.

thanks for the tip!

EDIT: another update! great!
a savegame!
but you can't beat the game: demon died at the end
SquallLion

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:27 pm

I have saved a previous copy of the game, so I'm not going to be all "NOOAAARGH, WORLD RUINED" if you keep the hydralisk claw in the way, but I'll mention that I very, very far preferred the version without the claw in the way. I'm not the only one who thinks that, so... maybe take a vote or something, before you finalise your final product.

Also, on the difficulty debate, I don't think it's too hard right now. The first version that I played, the one on Funny-games, isn't "TOO HARD TO BEAT" per se, but I hated the way that you couldn't stop and enjoy any of the masturbation animations because shit was always flying across the screen. Better now, I'd say. Far better.

Looking forward to your further sexy animations, as usual, sir.
Lucky777

Postby BlueLight » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:09 am

Ya i got a little over board with the post, Sorry.

Privateer Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:
Privateer Wrote:Any chance you have plans to place a password to skip the first level?

id rather have saves

maybe for the finished product, but seeing as how it's still being developed and thus the program is changing with each update I think a password would be easier

Well not really. If flash is anything like java then it's easier to do saving and loading then having the plan codes out. The advantage of codes is anyone can use it so long as they know them. It's not limited by computer like cookies which i believe flash uses but i could easily be wrong about that, I know JavaScript uses cookies but that all i know.

For a save file with java i see about 4 lines of code saving and another 4 with loading so lets say 10 lines of code just to get that working. I won't count lines of code that are being saved because honestly you can't count it without knowing what variables are being used and it's basically the same for code but you have a redundancy because in one part your saving and one part your loading. Now you will have to tell the computer what variables to save lets say "Attack skills, Attack Points, Sexy skills, Sexy Points, Stage" now i don't know how the real code works because i don't have the source. But heres basically the advantage over a code comes. Everything here is always loading( So I can't say 100% of the time it works just like I can't say adding the code in correctly is going to work 100%.) your variable should be correct over different version.If a new version comes out with lets say variable "Asskicking" then you set a default number (Basically 1 line of code) and then if variable "Asskicking" isn't in the save file it pulls up the default value and next time you save it's added.

With a code you first need to know what variables go to what code. This means that if i have code "StageOne, StageTwo, StageThree"(ya i know not much imagination) then for each of them i set the variable "Stage" to the correct number. Next you have add "Attack Skills, Attack Points, Sexyskills, Sexy Points" to the code. Now if you put in "StageOne" it's a good guess you have no "Attack Skills, Attack Points, Sexyskills, Sexy Points" and with "Stage" it's at 1 or 0 (java 0 is a valid number to use) but if you put in "StageTwo" you have to deal with guessing how what number for all the other variables after stage. Not if you add a variable like "Asskicking" then with every code you have to add that variable.

If you have everything down its a good idea but you never know when something might be added right now and it's a lot of work, and you could argue that i only used 3 codes for 3 levels but if he had added more codes he could have one for every variable at any state and made what i said about having the figure out the most likely what the variable were at. How ever thats getting to complex to call it simple. If he had a near finish product then maybe i could agree with you but right now i think the best thing to do is use a save system.
SquallLion Wrote:a savegame!
but you can't beat the game: demon died at the end

Then i will protest with a picket sigh to save the demon. Duh.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby MegatronYES » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:49 am

Gorepete, as much as I am excited about this more than I have been for any H-game I have ever encountered, you are absolutely KILLIN me with that Chozo boss. I mean it just gets worse every time I fight the damned thing.
MegatronYES
Newly Registered

Postby Soulsafe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:24 am

BlueLight Wrote:Then i will protest with a picket sigh to save the demon. Duh.

We are trying to save demons? What has the world come to...

How great would it be if funny-games grabbed this version with that "talk" option in it :lol:
Soulsafe
Newly Registered

Postby xxgottsteinxx » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:36 pm

MegatronYES Wrote:Gorepete, as much as I am excited about this more than I have been for any H-game I have ever encountered, you are absolutely KILLIN me with that Chozo boss. I mean it just gets worse every time I fight the damned thing.

It's actually pretty easy once you get the gist of it.

When you initially run towards it, duck immediately when you see it's head pick up. When the laser attack is over, run forward and then back to dodge his claw attack.

the moment you see his beak open to hit you with a laser, get in close and duck, swiping at his shins during the laser attack. Dodge the claw attack that should immediately follow and rinse and repeat until his shield goes down.

Seduce, fuck, move on.
xxgottsteinxx
Newly Registered

Postby Digfree » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:46 pm

MegatronYES Wrote:Gorepete, as much as I am excited about this more than I have been for any H-game I have ever encountered, you are absolutely KILLIN me with that Chozo boss. I mean it just gets worse every time I fight the damned thing.

yeah it raped me the first 8 times, but all you need to do it go for the kneecaps once, backflip, to the kneecaps again hit it and it will stop it from firing another laser, backflip, and repeat.

however gorepete you should lower the damage you receive from running into it's legs, if I remember it does like 3 times more damage running into it by mistake then it attacking you with claws. or fix the hit box a little.
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby Renara » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Hey, finally checked this game out, as I only played one of the really early versions, and it's looking good!
I do however have a fairly frequent problem where entering a sex-scene but nothing is displayed, possibly related to the seduction wearing off as the scene is initiated? Not 100% sure.

Anyway, for save game you might want to take a look at this thread, just bear in mind that for a work in progress you probably want to clear user's save-games from time to time to avoid corrupting it with changing data. Might be good to have a value in it that translates, for example, if the save-game indicates 2 levels are complete with X amount of souls, then this can be used to set-up a new save game that forgets old data, but allows the user to jump to levels they've played before, and re-level their character.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Gregdgreat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Looking really good pete keep it up
Some call me crazy. Others, insane. But i believe that the world is insane and it's people are crazy. I guess that would make me... normal. How boring.
Gregdgreat

Postby iamnuff » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:22 pm

yeah, you stand/crouch way too slowly, so if you crouch attack the Chozo it can attack you before you finish standing back up, nevermind the backflip.

so you have to duck under the lazer then stand up, THEN stab then backflip then duck again, rinse/wash/repeat.

but yeah, running in to them sucks, there a diffrence of about a inch (a ingame inch) between "close enough to stab" and "ran face first in to a badguy"

am i the only one who died fighting the big boss of level 1 by running at it just as the seduction ran off and got stabbed by its dick?

also, my first though on seeing the chozo seduction pose was "holy crap, edward penis-hands"
iamnuff

Postby Cryl » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:49 pm

gorepete2 Wrote:
Darkneon Wrote:I'd also like to hear some sound, please, but that's not a main priority right now ;)

Will most likely add sound after second level completed

I'd rather you finish the game then put sound in later. but that's just me.

Also, REALLY lovin this checkpoint idea! 1000 points to you sir.
( . v . )
Cryl

Postby El Cadrius » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 am

i have Created 2 banner for rush... =D

1- Without Rush Word
Image - img url - http://i.imgur.com/ZS1ma.png
2- With Rush Word
Image - img url - http://i.imgur.com/GC1ks.png
ImageImageImage
El Cadrius
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:37 am

iamnuff Wrote:yeah, you stand/crouch way too slowly, so if you crouch attack the Chozo it can attack you before you finish standing back up, nevermind the backflip.

so you have to duck under the lazer then stand up, THEN stab then backflip then duck again, rinse/wash/repeat.

but yeah, running in to them sucks, there a diffrence of about a inch (a ingame inch) between "close enough to stab" and "ran face first in to a badguy"

am i the only one who died fighting the big boss of level 1 by running at it just as the seduction ran off and got stabbed by its dick?

also, my first though on seeing the chozo seduction pose was "holy crap, edward penis-hands"

Backflip has invincibility frames, a crouch-stab and backflip is completely viable. Gonna suck if dem invincibility frames go missing sometime, though.
Lucky777

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:30 am

Lucky777 Wrote:
iamnuff Wrote:yeah, you stand/crouch way too slowly, so if you crouch attack the Chozo it can attack you before you finish standing back up, nevermind the backflip.

Backflip has invincibility frames, a crouch-stab and backflip is completely viable. Gonna suck if dem invincibility frames go missing sometime, though.

Nah, its supposed to grant temp immunity
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby iamnuff » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:35 am

gorepete2 Wrote:
Lucky777 Wrote:

i know backflip makes you incinvible, the point is if you try to backflip while crouched she has to stand up first, that takes too long and she often gets hit
iamnuff

Postby SquallLion » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:03 pm

iamnuff Wrote:i know backflip makes you incinvible, the point is if you try to backflip while crouched she has to stand up first, that takes too long and she often gets hit
I agree.
SquallLion

Postby Gabe Fenfen » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:12 pm

iamnuff Wrote:i know backflip makes you incinvible, the point is if you try to backflip while crouched she has to stand up first, that takes too long and she often gets hit

..which would make sense in a RL situation. Last time I checked, it's easier to backflip standing up.
Gabe Fenfen
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop