Sakyubasu no Tatakai II (Finished)

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai II

Postby Zend17 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:32 am

love the game even though im not good at these kind of games
two things though
1.how do i change my "commander" from eva to someone else?
2.being unable to do damage to an enemy unit is a bit much even if a stage is ment to be hard i think you should atleast be able to do one point of damage as a minimum
also the break is starting to annoy me cuz i cant get past it but thats probably cuz im just crap
Zend17
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:34 am

Zend17 Wrote:love the game even though im not good at these kind of games
two things though
2.being unable to do damage to an enemy unit is a bit much even if a stage is ment to be hard i think you should atleast be able to do one point of damage as a minimum
also the break is starting to annoy me cuz i cant get past it but thats probably cuz im just crap

1. You can't (I think). Though Beezy will be the commander in Shadefall.
2. You mean in the Break, or in Shadefall?
napala

Postby loshi1505 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:48 am

hmm.... I just replayed a tad bit of part 1 again and the question popped in my mind... why didn't eva take a few tender or stinger with her?

I mean I understand and know form our chats during your stream sessions that you only really plan on doing 7 dif species in battle and such... but idk... what made you decide to not include them? or is it simply that you want to not include captain type units yet? (in other words later in the game they'll be useable. ;) )

i'mma be saddened if you couldn't use them in the army battles at all. :(

actually speaking of which it'd be sweet if when you start part two you can choose 1 a special unit to be your army's captain from the get go.... just spitballing an idea I know this'll require more work of you... but idk just seems kinda disappointing not having even one of them available to the player from the get go.... >_<

and speaking of under satisfying stuff.... what exactly are beeze and bridg doing while eva commands her army... I mean are they just sitting and watching? or actually having their own battles with their own troops letting eva take the offensive? :? (I think after your done making the upcoming boss battle you might want to back track and include some of this stuff... if the ideas grow on you that is. ;) up to you completely, just adding my two cents. :mrgreen: )
loshi1505

Postby Zatheus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:33 am

two things though

1. For what I know, you cant do it at your will but at the plot's
2. The invulnerable united are easily taken down by beezzy's special power ( I thought the game was broken at first with that invulnerability )

The game is going pretty good, beezy is a monster if you know when and how to use her power (although It would be very useful to know in advance who will receive the full buff) Keep up the great work man.

Best Regards
Zatheus

Postby Zatheus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:15 am

Also there is a bug with the taunt, you cant switch lanes even after the enemy "tank" is dead the debuff continues to eternity.
Zatheus

Postby Zend17 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Zatheus Wrote:
two things though

1. For what I know, you cant do it at your will but at the plot's
2. The invulnerable united are easily taken down by beezzy's special power ( I thought the game was broken at first with that invulnerability )

The game is going pretty good, beezy is a monster if you know when and how to use her power (although It would be very useful to know in advance who will receive the full buff) Keep up the great work man.

Best Regards

the thing is im stuck on the break and i dont have beezy im stuck with some drones gorgers and illosa and the invulnerable thing is the thing that boneing me over especialy with those bloody enragers since i cant kill them and by the time i can get a unit out to try to kill them my unit just gets one shot also with the "shinobi/ninja" class that hits twice i come across atleast two that have 2 attack that can easily kill anything other than a tank by which time i have none left
Zend17
Newly Registered

Postby Zend17 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:23 pm

quick add, the invulnerable thing i have no problem with it being a skill the enemy commander has but i mean being a rune pretty much the entire team on shade has basicly makes it unbeatable if you dont know how to deal with it while im basicly unable to kill anything they slaughter me without so much as a sweat
Zend17
Newly Registered

Postby Train1305 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:36 pm

How u get runes?? Did any one got it??
Train1305

Postby napala » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:46 pm

two things though

1. Alright, like we all said, you can only use beezy on Shadefall.
2. You need to farm runes in previous levels, these runes will let you poison enemies, make them receive more damage, or raise your attack.

Train1305 Wrote:How u get runes?? Did any one got it??

On levels that do have a "Rune Chance", you must capture enemy units (that means killing them while Corrupting Lust is active). Each unit you capture has a small chance of coming equiped with a rune, which type depends on the level you're playing.
napala

Postby SixthDragon » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Honestly the invicibility is not much of a problem now because the enemy can only have 3 units for some reason. This means you can slip a unit or 2 by without taking much damage.
SixthDragon
Newly Registered

Postby Greekheart » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:08 am

I didn't seem to get the Crystal Ward unique item after clearing The Break for the first time?

Also, I'm capturing units that have a higher rank/mana cost, but once they get into my army they're only rank 2.
Greekheart

Postby Shroo » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:20 am

awesome game, big fan. is it intentional that the new version uses a new save? its irritating having to redo all the progress to test the new content.
Shroo
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Shroo Wrote: [...] its irritating having to redo all the progress to test the new content.

That's just one of the banes of your existence when you test games in development, and it was also quite frequent with Sakyu 1.
Savebreakan' happens.
If ye hate it too much, just wait for a later version/more final version.

To GP:

It's good that you posted what the enemy specials do in the update post, but it'd be cool to be able to see what they're going to be in-game somewhere.

Would be cool to have a quality button, since I can't right-click and select quality options for whatever reason.

A retreat button would be useful too (as long as you put it somewhere OUT of the way where peeps can't click on it by mistake) for when the battle is hopeless.

A scout Ilosa landed on top of my gorger when it should not have: it only went 2 squares instead of going 3.
There were two of my units in a line when the scout Ilosa fucked up instead of passing them: hopefully I can post a picture and show it.
Should be attached.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Scout, y u do dis.png
And also hao yu do dis

Green: Where she was supposed to go and did go
Red: Where she wasn't supposed to stop and did stop
Purple: The route she took to get there.
Yellow: Where she was supposed to stop and didn't stop.
: o

And of course, while THAT didn't hinder me, the fact that the enemy could shift up into a space occupied by one of my gorgers DID.
Quite severely.
Should be attached.

Oh the break is fuckin' bad enough without this shit.png
For fuck's sake

Red: Where she shouldn't have been able to pass, but did pass
Purple: Where she went to get there.
D :

Still won though, and I didn't get any crystal anything for it.
Same for Shadefall.
Oopslol.

Also, while I kinda suspect the anger was Irania's influence or someshit, and have no other explanation for it at the moment, I far prefer Rough Mistress.
Well, for her treatment of the enemies, anyway.
*Grumbles.*
Lucky777

Postby GoRepeat » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:Would be cool to have a quality button, since I can't right-click and select quality options for whatever reason. A retreat button would be useful too (as long as you put it somewhere OUT of the way where peeps can't click on it by mistake) for when the battle is hopeless.

Sounds reasonable, will do.

Lucky777 Wrote:A scout Ilosa . . . the fact that the enemy could shift up into a space occupied by one of my gorgers DID

Looks like it was the same Gorger the next turn? Odds are the game didn't think he was actually there. The game uses an underlying array when DOING THE MATHS and doesn't rely on the graphic itself - it is possible it thought that cell was empty and your GTank was somewhere else (or non existent). I will take a look.

Lucky777 Wrote:Still won though, and I didn't get any crystal anything for it. Same for Shadefall.

Both the items come pre-equiped on the tank and healer you plot capture at the end of each. You don't have them in your unit list?
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby GoRepeat » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Had a small setback - the file I was using corrupted so I lost about 2 weeks worth of work. The good news is since I use AS3 and hold my code in separate documents, I only lost the graphic changes. I have recovered everything these past few days and have started moving forward again. The framework for the boss combat is going well, but it might be a bit longer before you all see an update due to the setback.

van.GIF
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby tomboom » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Gorepete Wrote:Had a small setback - the file I was using corrupted so I lost about 2 weeks worth of work. The good news is since I use AS3 and hold my code in separate documents, I only lost the graphic changes. I have recovered everything these past few days and have started moving forward again. The framework for the boss combat is going well, but it might be a bit longer before you all see an update due to the setback.

van.GIF

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
tomboom
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Gorepete Wrote:Both the items come pre-equiped on the tank and healer you plot capture at the end of each. You don't have them in your unit list?

Let me check.
Ah, yes, there they are.
I thought they'd be runes, but they're class clothing.

So no bug, but as my mistaken concern ended up showing, there's still a bit of a problem, though.

Something should probably indicate to the player that you've actually GOTTEN a hold of those "special" things when you get them.

'Cause first of all I have no reason to assume that the enemy captain is actually going to show up in my army, even demoted down to footsoldier status, delevelled to shit, and stripped of their special runes as they are, and second of all, I have no reason to believe that any of the creatures you capture will actually have unique stuff on them, and be anything more than the ordinary trash that you have to thanklessly grind through to level up your actual in-army-squad creatures when that's implemented.

Gorepete Wrote:Looks like it was the same Gorger the next turn?

It sure was the same one.
I was even going to post a third picture where something ELSE of mine stepped and stopped directly on him.
Glad you got the picture even though in the end I didn't bother with it.

And yeah, my scout also stopped short, as the picture shows.
Maybe the game thought the Tank was directly in front of her, though how THAT would work I can't imagine, since as shown she got to attack the captain on that lane next turn.
*SHRUGS*

Good luck.

Gorepete Wrote: setback

A crying shame. I'm glad it wasn't too serious. And that background looks really fuckin' cool, too.
Lucky777

Postby TebiCake » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:42 am

You alright, man? I didnt backup my graduation work and lost 2 months worth of work. I know dat feel, lol.
Carry on!

This is probably the best project you've made yet, imho.
TebiCake
Newly Registered

Postby starwolves » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:47 pm

c'mon, i like the old way better, this is seem fine but cost more time and it's confuse somehow. And you still have the unfinishing act 2 of the game right ?
starwolves
Newly Registered

Postby Shawky the Shark Wolf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:35 am

Ee, game froze. Since I haven't played in quite awhile, this is my first time getting this freeze. It was the second battle in Vanorel area, (fourth in total).

The only animations still running were the shield buff(protection) and the flashing of Illu's tank commander's special blue bar.

I'm just a shark boi, who plays games and yells "Oi!"
Shawky the Shark Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop