'K Fox and the magic sword' version of LOK

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: 'K Fox and the magic sword' version of LOK

Postby DemonFiren » Sat May 08, 2010 11:17 pm

First, it's 'yo-yoo-yo'. Second, thanks as well!
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby dirtyc101 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Hey all,

I'm the guy who 'wrote' K. Fox & the magic sword. I think y'all understand that I'm not the artist, but I'll point that out again just for kicks. ;)

I don't know why it took so long to come over here & say hello. But I reckon it's long overdue. So... "hello world". hehe.

Regarding the comments above, yeah, the code is pretty shitty. The downside of learning & coding at the same time. On the upside, hey, learn by doing. ;) Hell, I didn't have her even walking until like day 10 of the 30 day limit (a day of much cheering on my part, btw). Anyway, I saw some requests for the source. I'll put it up on Rapidshare, but IIRC there's a 10 download limit. So if one of you could repost it at a better spot, I'm sure eveyone would appreciate it. Or well, the folks who actually want to download the .fla files anyway. ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/390109731/KFatMS11.rar.html

I'll point out that my source is so bad that I don't plan to re-use it when I start on the sequel. Let's just say that now that I actually have time to *think* about the code, I realize it's just wrong all over. And I'm still having "OH!! There *IS* a button to do that" moments in Flash. heehe. Anyway, I'm hoping to fix most of the problems listed above & elsewhere in my next 'engine' (Is that even the right word?). So if you're not in a rush, I'd say wait for the sequel. ;) Then again, I'm hoping to use entirely different art for that, so maybe that's not what you'd want either.

If I'm reading the above correctly, some of you want to combine the two games somehow. While I'm sure it could be done if they were built that way from the ground up, there's actually a fair number of differences under the skin. I'm not so sure it could be done without effectively putting both full games into the same file. (Which, as far as most ppl are concerned, is good enough I reckon). Anyway, if y'all really want to do that, you are of course welcome to do so. I'm of the opinion that they're different games for different folks, but I'm all for letting others build off my work. Hell, I built off Playshapes art & it worked out pretty well. Who knows, this whole 'sharing' thing could really catch on. ;)

So, yeah, good to meetchy'all.
-DirtyC101
dirtyc101

Postby Mr.Elefant » Mon May 24, 2010 5:29 am

You winked five times. Is there something in your eye?

On a side note, "Woo! Fifty posts!"
I'm right 98% of the time.
Who cares about the other 3%.
Mr.Elefant

Postby UserN4meTak3n » Tue May 25, 2010 3:20 am

WoW it's Mr. Dirty hisself!

I hope your sequel has lot's of action.
UserN4meTak3n

Postby moonscarwolf » Tue May 25, 2010 4:42 am

Seems the limit has been reached on this file. Too bad. I would have liked to have seen it.
moonscarwolf
Newly Registered

Postby dirtyc101 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:33 pm

Mr.Elefant Wrote:You winked five times. Is there something in your eye?

Heh, Yeah, that's excessive even for me. Guess I should hit that 'preview' button a little more often. Ah well.

-DirtyC101
dirtyc101

Postby deathpuppy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:51 am

Hey Mr Dirty,

I really love the game, but if you ever create a new version, you think you could add in "yoyoyo" 's cheats as well? The +hp and revive cheat really lets you enjoy the action a lot more!
deathpuppy

Postby SteelSaurus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:41 am

An easy way to get through the entire game was to mash the punch button. (Or hold it down) I didn't take a lick of damage. (Except the challenge scenes.) It would be nice to be able to incorporate the health aspect of KFox into LoK even if for asthetic purposes only. (Dunno why but I get more riled up when either, but especially both, participants are getting low on health and are still banging at it.) Heck, if you could merge that with Demon Girl button mash escape I'd say you're pretty much golden. It also gives the option for a 'punishment' clause if you can't escape fast enough.
I'll get right on it! Eventually...
SteelSaurus

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 am

SteelSaurus Wrote:An easy way to get through the entire game was to mash the punch button. (Or hold it down) I didn't take a lick of damage. (Except the challenge scenes.) It would be nice to be able to incorporate the health aspect of KFox into LoK even if for asthetic purposes only. (Dunno why but I get more riled up when either, but especially both, participants are getting low on health and are still banging at it.) Heck, if you could merge that with Demon Girl button mash escape I'd say you're pretty much golden. It also gives the option for a 'punishment' clause if you can't escape fast enough.

not sure how much i can tell you other than we do have some form of stats for version 0.3,(we agree calling it 'health' would be stupid, as it would imply she's literally being fucked to death and we arn't doing any snuff) but we arn't going the 'run or rape' path with this game, it still remains mostly a point n click rpg adventure. with some other things thrown in to keep it interesting. Sorry for teh vague answer, ren can elaborate more on it if he wishes to.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Musclebound » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:11 am

Go Sex stats!! lolz +1Up XD
Musclebound
Newly Registered

Postby Renara » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Game mechanic is most definitely something we've discussed a lot but I think we finally settled on it. If someone wants to take the game and create a new mechanic such as making it more of a run or rape game or whatever then that should be doable, our aim though is for an RPG where you'll explore, and "interact" with characters in order to progress through the game.

The gameplay will vary at different areas, most notably bosses who may have more unique requirements to pass. In any event, there will be a couple more stats to create more variety, but it shouldn't be much more complex, we're not aiming to create a game where you're constantly worried about stat increases or inventory :)

I could have sworn we had a game mechanic thread from back when the board started, but it's disappeared somewhere, and the search feature is useless, I'm rebuilding the search index now to try and make it less pointless to use. To note though; if anyone does find the old game mechanic thread it's likely that a lot of it doesn't apply anymore, though there are a few ideas that are still around.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby aka.kevin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:39 pm

zekameka Wrote:yup, now i got the cheats :D i think they sohuld make a gallery with those scenes , and if we could share our new and upcoming scenes with the "K Fox and the magic sword" it would be great. We could even use this game as an minigame in the LOK game. Or some bouns-part, or what happened in an alternate dimension :P

Hi,
What kind of cheat is that and can you share about the "K Fox and the magic sword".

Thanks
aka.kevin
Newly Registered

Postby Power » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:37 pm

aka.kevin Wrote:
zekameka Wrote:yup, now i got the cheats :D i think they sohuld make a gallery with those scenes , and if we could share our new and upcoming scenes with the "K Fox and the magic sword" it would be great. We could even use this game as an minigame in the LOK game. Or some bouns-part, or what happened in an alternate dimension :P

Hi,
What kind of cheat is that and can you share about the "K Fox and the magic sword".

Thanks

You can input cheat codes at start of game.
Type in cheat in the box and then press the button. (if the cheat is accepted a text appears below telling you that its been accepted)

stimulates - grapple animations last longer (can be entered multiple time)
princess - start with max armor and health
ehonda - punches do double damage, but kicks do half damage
chunli - kicks do double damage, but punches do half damage
baddoggie - removes some of the more annoying wolves
fishsticks - start at Zora's secret hideout
Power

Postby Reese's » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:40 am

princess - start with full armor
fishsticks - start at zora's secret underground base thing
baddoggie - fewer wolves
ehonda - punches do more damage, kicks do less

I think there are more, but these are the useful ones.
Reese's

Postby kuja » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:17 am

chunli - kicks do more dmg, punches do less
kuja

Postby dukeJoe » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 am

is there any update in this game this year?

Previous

Return to Legend of Krystal