Samus thread

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: Samus thread

Postby Malcanthet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:56 am

I think anyone that really wants to see something in there should try and cobble up a little something in playshapes so they realize how tough this is to do. Just one profile view bit of art to get an idea of what Kalypso and everyone else is going through, even if its that much. It would be fun, and you'd see a little fantasy coming to life.

Playshapes afterall did a lot of his stuff by just finding art and plugging it into his flash - the vast majority was a bunch of copies.
Malcanthet

Postby Kalypso » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Malcanthet Wrote:I think anyone that really wants to see something in there should try and cobble up a little something in playshapes so they realize how tough this is to do. Just one profile view bit of art to get an idea of what Kalypso and everyone else is going through, even if its that much. It would be fun, and you'd see a little fantasy coming to life.

Playshapes afterall did a lot of his stuff by just finding art and plugging it into his flash - the vast majority was a bunch of copies.

Eh, but I'm not PlayShapes--I'm not one to use someone's art without permission and trace over it, that's against my morals as an artist (heh, thou shalt not steal is a sin. There's no 'thou shalt not draw boobehs' xD). If anything, I'd use concept art designed specifically for LoK by an artist. Otherwise I'd use their art as reference to a character model. I'm a diy fellow when it comes to things, and even if the door is open and nobody's inside I'm not a thief. Plus the perspectives we are using are so different, there really is no "plugging-in" to do because they are so dead specific and different :/
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:57 pm

(just to be a prick, there's 'thou shall not commit adultry' and all the associations with that, basically it comes down to don't lust after someone, so we're still screwed)

like kal said we're making all art specifically for the game now, no grabbing other things and going 'yeah we can make a sprite from this'
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Kalypso » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:(just to be a prick, there's 'thou shall not commit adultry' and all the associations with that, basically it comes down to don't lust after someone, so we're still screwed)

I think God can make exceptions >0<

Construing that definition of Adultery sounds like hard-ass Christianity:

"Bah, no masturbation ever; sex with the wife once a week."

If that was the case, all men go to hell. Period 0_o
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:11 am

(meh, i go by the mindset of 'if you're a decent person and believe in god and try to live a decent life you get into heaven', and that's the last i'm going to say on the religious issues for this thread)
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby nebrose » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 pm

i say that you get put into heaven or hell by the big choices that change your life not the little details
i only give base ideas, ones that can be built off of, not ones with an end in sight. so don't ask me to give further detail on my ideas.
yes my avatar is a prostoss dark archon.
nebrose

Postby Poob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:56 pm

I find these responses in a forum about boobs. Animated boobs. Animated space wolf boobs.
Poob

Postby Renara » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Bleh, no religion please; as long as Samus gets her jubblies out in some version of the game I think everyone's happy, regardless of armour, clothes, or situation, am I right? Heck, maybe there should be a church of Samus gettin' her fun-bags out :D
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Kalypso » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:05 am

Renara Wrote:Bleh, no religion please; as long as Samus gets her jubblies out in some version of the game I think everyone's happy, regardless of armour, clothes, or situation, am I right? Heck, maybe there should be a church of Samus gettin' her fun-bags out :D

Dear lord, thank you for thyn divine funneth bags, they raiseth me up and maketh anew day--every hour xDD
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby HolyPaladin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 am

Kalypso Wrote:
Renara Wrote:Bleh, no religion please; as long as Samus gets her jubblies out in some version of the game I think everyone's happy, regardless of armour, clothes, or situation, am I right? Heck, maybe there should be a church of Samus gettin' her fun-bags out :D

Dear lord, thank you for thyn divine funneth bags, they raiseth me up and maketh anew day--every hour xDD

Dear Lord, What he saideth. One more thing, I know your busy, would you mindeth making them slightly bigger :3.
Boom... nuff' said.
HolyPaladin

Postby dandan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:37 pm

wha? No religion? Not even for the great goddess Dark Samus -who is totally futa- and the devil Samus Aran?

poor Space Pirates, they don't have place for worship anywhere
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
dandan

Postby dandan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:52 pm

well, since this thread has been a bit dead for a while, here I bring you some fanart of Samus in Bikini

SFW
http://izra.deviantart.com/art/M-for-More-125159743
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
dandan

Postby Aliaga » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Hey, I think I found how we should... remove Samus' armor, since Ridley will be around...

Very NSFW:
http://rule34-images.paheal.net/9fe6b26e7510ea03733b45083110db9f/4461%20-%20Fenrir%20Metroid%20Nintendo%20Ridley%20Samus_Aran.jpg
Aliaga

Postby Kalypso » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:24 am

!
Anyone else interested? Just exploring :)
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Vyksen » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 am

Holy crap Kalypso.
That turned me on. o^o and normally I don't see Snake as that kinda attractive fella.
Vyksen

Postby Poob » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Vyksen Wrote:Holy crap Kalypso.
That turned me on. o^o and normally I don't see Snake as that kinda attractive fella.

It's all Samus there. Could replace Snake with anyone and it'd still be hot.
Poob

Postby Renara » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Poob Wrote:It's all Samus there. Could replace Snake with anyone and it'd still be hot.

I agree with that, I've seen the picture before and decided not to add it to my uhm...collection, as I personally find Snake in that kind of off-putting, even though the rendition of Samus is insanely hot :(
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Kalypso » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Poob Wrote:It's all Samus there. Could replace Snake with anyone and it'd still be hot.

You so know it is.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:58 am

meh not quite the photoshop i was hoping for
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole