what happened to krystal?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: what happened to krystal?

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:07 am

DactyllionVinnie Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:Glad to see someone beat me to the eyes issue. Also I feel like her head tilting up is unnecessary I'd keep her head the same way it is when she's idle, but that's just my preference. Also don't forget her eyebrows when you get the new eyes in.

Really? I made her head up cause I thought it'd look better, personally, I didn't understand why her head stayed down in the first place.

Probably because she looks ashamed. She is acting quite shameful in this release, lol.
That brings me to my next point, I need you to make face animations. They have to be still images, unfortunately, because our flash programs don't like cooperating with each other.
Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:19 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
DactyllionVinnie Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:Glad to see someone beat me to the eyes issue. Also I feel like her head tilting up is unnecessary I'd keep her head the same way it is when she's idle, but that's just my preference. Also don't forget her eyebrows when you get the new eyes in.

Really? I made her head up cause I thought it'd look better, personally, I didn't understand why her head stayed down in the first place.

Probably because she looks ashamed. She is acting quite shameful in this release, lol.
That brings me to my next point, I need you to make face animations. They have to be still images, unfortunately, because our flash programs don't like cooperating with each other.

Like make you jpg files of just facial expressions? I can do that. How many do you need? what expressions?
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Mr.Lamar » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:36 pm

I found plenty of different models that could be of use to you guys, if you're interested.
Mr.Lamar

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
DactyllionVinnie Wrote:

Pretty much this. I'm not saying her head has to stay down, but I don't care for the tilted up head, I'd just keep it level and looking forward.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Mr.Lamar Wrote:I found plenty of different models that could be of use to you guys, if you're interested.

Yeah go ahead, post em.
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:16 am

DactyllionVinnie Wrote:
Mr.Lamar Wrote:I found plenty of different models that could be of use to you guys, if you're interested.

Yeah go ahead, post em.

Seconded.
Terrantor!!!

Postby ronpepper » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:21 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:I probably won't be making the maps, was just figuring out the structure of what a common map will look like. I intend to find an artist to do the mapping if RP wants to come out and help with that, I would definitely like that, because I do like his work.

And like magic, RP shows up. Well? How many people do we have on this project now? Trunks, you're still here? :mrgreen: Cool beans! *rubs hands together* :twisted:

I should be able to provide some support, as I was saying to Terrantor. We'll see. Just let me know. :)
ronpepper

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:43 am

ronpepper Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:I probably won't be making the maps, was just figuring out the structure of what a common map will look like. I intend to find an artist to do the mapping if RP wants to come out and help with that, I would definitely like that, because I do like his work.

And like magic, RP shows up. Well? How many people do we have on this project now? Trunks, you're still here? :mrgreen: Cool beans! *rubs hands together* :twisted:

I should be able to provide some support, as I was saying to Terrantor. We'll see. Just let me know. :)

Well, I'm the animator for the project.
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:09 am

ronpepper Wrote:

Well with you on set design, that would make three of us. :) I'm hoping to find a painter to help customize Krystal's appearance. So a team of 4 should do the job without making things too complicated. Sorry I didn't get your message for some reason.
Terrantor!!!

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:30 am

ronpepper Wrote:

SHIT, HE'S RISEN FROM THE GRAVE!

Damn man, last I saw, you hadn't been on in over a year or so. Did you catch wind of this or have ya just been around but not signed in? Either way it's good to see ya again, I've been trying to get someone to use your sets, but I think they'd feel more comfortable with that if they knew the original creator was around to take requests as well.

I can't say I have any direct hand in this project, just trying to provide some support and suggestions. I'd like to see a finished LoK, but I don't have the drive to work on it anymore, besides the posts I've been making. I can't remember if the rough script is lying around on the Area52 archives or not or if you or anyone still has it. If you do, I guess that's my contribution to this.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby ronpepper » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:48 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:SHIT, HE'S RISEN FROM THE GRAVE!

Damn man, last I saw, you hadn't been on in over a year or so. Did you catch wind of this or have ya just been around but not signed in?

Good to see you too Trunks. Terrantor sent me a message via the site that went to my email address. Not sure why the message I sent him back via the forums messages didn't go through. Well, here's my story. I'm still very busy, whole reason for me not being on LOK forums.. Okay, I lurked to see if there was more in the creative corner once or twice:P over the past YEAR or two? This princess peach thing ain't quite it tho. I mean I seen it, and that ain't it. :evil:

Well, like ya'll are saying, we got a coder, an animator, and I'm on sets and backgrounds. I like seeing how Katsu's models are getting a second look and stuff. I have some of that stuff on my compy, still, just about everything I did for Area52, I think. Ya'll are more than welcome to start writing a story into it. Just one thing, turnaround is going to be 1-2 weeks minimum, so if I give you a placeholder, you might want to go with it. I even have some docs that describe progression mechanics and a game design for LOK DD 0.3 (illustrated!) So, I have to go now but we'll get this coordinated b4 long.
ronpepper

Postby GoRepeat » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:38 pm

ronpepper Wrote:Well, like ya'll are saying, we got a coder, an animator, and I'm on sets and backgrounds. I like seeing how Katsu's models are getting a second look and stuff. I have some of that stuff on my compy, still, just about everything I did for Area52, I think. Ya'll are more than welcome to start writing a story into it. Just one thing, turnaround is going to be 1-2 weeks minimum, so if I give you a placeholder, you might want to go with it. I even have some docs that describe progression mechanics and a game design for LOK DD 0.3 (illustrated!) So, I have to go now but we'll get this coordinated b4 long.

Make MOAR backgrounds! Preferably scalable to 800x480.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Mr D » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Now why would you need more backgrounds in that specific scale. Hmmmm ¬_¬
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby GoRepeat » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Mr D Wrote:Now why would you need more backgrounds in that specific scale. Hmmmm ¬_¬

If I get my hands on a decent set of male/female sharpclaw sprites, you will find out, won't you? :lol:

edit (stupid flash)
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:19 am

ronpepper Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:SHIT, HE'S RISEN FROM THE GRAVE!

Damn man, last I saw, you hadn't been on in over a year or so. Did you catch wind of this or have ya just been around but not signed in?

Good to see you too Trunks. Terrantor sent me a message via the site that went to my email address. Not sure why the message I sent him back via the forums messages didn't go through. Well, here's my story. I'm still very busy, whole reason for me not being on LOK forums.. Okay, I lurked to see if there was more in the creative corner once or twice:P over the past YEAR or two? This princess peach thing ain't quite it tho. I mean I seen it, and that ain't it. :evil:

Well, like ya'll are saying, we got a coder, an animator, and I'm on sets and backgrounds. I like seeing how Katsu's models are getting a second look and stuff. I have some of that stuff on my compy, still, just about everything I did for Area52, I think. Ya'll are more than welcome to start writing a story into it. Just one thing, turnaround is going to be 1-2 weeks minimum, so if I give you a placeholder, you might want to go with it. I even have some docs that describe progression mechanics and a game design for LOK DD 0.3 (illustrated!) So, I have to go now but we'll get this coordinated b4 long.

Well shit just got real. I'm gettin' ready to turn this into a creative corner thread. So yeah, the important part is layers. Make sure you have seperate layers and maybe even put the props on separate files. the greatest trouble was turning your rasters into vectors. So it's good you are back on board. I'm gonna set up a team google docs for us when we all get into contact. That will make for better collab.
Terrantor!!!

Postby ronpepper » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:48 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Well shit just got real. I'm gettin' ready to turn this into a creative corner thread. So yeah, the important part is layers. Make sure you have seperate layers and maybe even put the props on separate files.

Yep, doing everything in photoshop, kept my layers separate .. um, for the most part.
ronpepper

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:15 am

Gorepete Wrote:
Mr D Wrote:Now why would you need more backgrounds in that specific scale. Hmmmm ¬_¬

If I get my hands on a decent set of male/female sharpclaw sprites, you will find out, won't you? :lol:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

install_krys.swf

edit (stupid flash)

Wow really nice ! :shock:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 am

ronpepper Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:Well shit just got real. I'm gettin' ready to turn this into a creative corner thread. So yeah, the important part is layers. Make sure you have seperate layers and maybe even put the props on separate files.

Yep, doing everything in photoshop, kept my layers separate .. um, for the most part.

Great!! I've got a working model going, just testing to see if it runs well on my browser on DSL connection. She's pretty dense with code and content, so I'm just hoping I don't have to work on optimizing her. Everyone feel free to tell me how it runs. Pretty soon, I'll work on our favorite... interactions. :twisted:

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

K.swf [ 22.26 KiB | Viewed 3968 times ]

Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:10 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
ronpepper Wrote:

Great!! I've got a working model going, just testing to see if it runs well on my browser on DSL connection. She's pretty dense with code and content, so I'm just hoping I don't have to work on optimizing her. Everyone feel free to tell me how it runs. Pretty soon, I'll work on our favorite... interactions. :twisted:

K.swf

Everything from the movement to the look is shockingly different from what I sent you o.o... I know you said you were going to change a few things to it but damn
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 am

Dactyl, I had to literally make a brand new model, so I just took your model, broke it up and made it into one big monster. Sorry about that, your model is great for animation, but coding was impossible. As for the animations, I have to make them myself because the ones you send warp up my model. So I pretty much trace your motion and I get a little carried away. sorry. :( I'll try to find a way to get them open on your pc, because if we can operate with the same model, i can just drag and drop your models into place and no modifications :) By the way, you should really look into Motion Tweening as opposed to Classic Tweening. It's way easier.
Terrantor!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal