Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby Mechanios » Sun May 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Mechanios

Postby BlueLight » Sun May 06, 2012 3:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... B26w#t=41s <- original Jill..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... B26w#t=32s <- I believe this is the one.

Give me a day or and i can find a video from NecroScope86 with it.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Biles » Mon May 07, 2012 8:06 am

As I suspect more people may want to see more characters implemented in this platformer game, would it be easy to distribute the flash file? That way, Corta can continue working on the game itself while everyone else can create character templates, test it out on the flash file and then post the characters on this thread. It's a suggestion though.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby BlueLight » Mon May 07, 2012 8:21 am

Ya for your 666 reply.... 667th now.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Mon May 07, 2012 8:48 am

Biles Wrote:As I suspect more people may want to see more characters implemented in this platformer game, would it be easy to distribute the flash file? That way, Corta can continue working on the game itself while everyone else can create character templates, test it out on the flash file and then post the characters on this thread. It's a suggestion though.

oh, you want the character template?
I used to upload those back in the day.. but never got anything out of it.
if you want to get started on a new costume, the graphics will still line up on the old versions.

I'll take a look around for the last one that I threw up here, hold on.

CHARACTER TEMPLATE
it's from quite a while back, I'll upload a new one if anyone is actually serious about using it.

Mechanios Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmqusbKB26w

This is what I've found.

BlueLight Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lmqusbKB26w#t=41s <- original Jill..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... B26w#t=32s <- I believe this is the one.

Give me a day or and i can find a video from NecroScope86 with it.

alright, cool..
now, feel free to blow up my inbox with your votes -- the security uniform or the blue tubetop number.

this 'dragon jacket' looks similar to Joanna dark and Regina (who is on my list somewhere.) so probably not that.

BlueLight Wrote:Ya for your 666 reply.... 667th now.

AWESOME
next target: 1,000,000.
~go!
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby TrueMisfit » Thu May 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Funny thing, I created my account just to keep in the loop about this very game :3

I like what you've done with it so far, and I can't wait to see what the next update brings!
TrueMisfit

Postby Allsop2604 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:12 pm

This is my favourite project on the forum. The overall quality of art, animation, design and gameplay is breathtaking. Honestly, there isn't a single suggestion I could make - I think you've got everything down perfectly. All I want is more and more content (I'm greedy that way). So, to that end, I'll be patiently awaiting all your future updates.
^.^
Allsop2604

Postby Haldor » Thu May 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Awesome stuff corta!
And I like the Predator pistol XD
"We could just... run away?"
Haldor

Postby montesat » Fri May 11, 2012 1:41 am

Allsop2604 Wrote:This is my favourite project on the forum. The overall quality of art, animation, design and gameplay is breathtaking. Honestly, there isn't a single suggestion I could make - I think you've got everything down perfectly. All I want is more and more content (I'm greedy that way). So, to that end, I'll be patiently awaiting all your future updates.

I second that!
montesat

Postby obbyman264 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:34 am

Loving the game. Do you think you could add a little more Halo in the mix? I like the spartan and cortana and i think some halo enemies would suit them well.
obbyman264
Newly Registered

Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Fri May 11, 2012 6:46 pm

TrueMisfit Wrote:Funny thing, I created my account just to keep in the loop about this very game :3

I like what you've done with it so far, and I can't wait to see what the next update brings!
Allsop2604 Wrote:This is my favourite project on the forum. The overall quality of art, animation, design and gameplay is breathtaking. Honestly, there isn't a single suggestion I could make - I think you've got everything down perfectly. All I want is more and more content (I'm greedy that way). So, to that end, I'll be patiently awaiting all your future updates.
Haldor Wrote:Awesome stuff corta!
And I like the Predator pistol XD

awesome, awesome, awesome.

after the first boss (quest area?) is done I can either focus on tightening up the combat and movement, getting all events and quest cut-scenes in or just making more player grapples..

I know which one will get ALL the votes, so there's no poll.

but, if anyone wants to hear more about this stuff -or if you've got your own ideas- talk.

and I know it's been a while since the last real update - I'm still sick. :oops:
corta

Postby Biles » Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 am

I decided I'd contribute something to your project by giving you a much better walking animation. I think I found out why Samus walks in a stompy mode. It's mainly because her foot is fully integrated with her lower leg. As a result, the foot cannot be individually animated separate from the lower leg. Nevertheless, I managed to pull it off so it looks far far less stompy. Don't worry, I've stripped out all the main 3rd party characters and scripts so you're just left with this bare skeletal file formats for you to deal with as you please. Note that I've attached a CS5 flash file. I assume that's what you use I hope. >-<
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

SamusWalk.swf [ 26.72 KiB | Viewed 3418 times ]

SamusWalk.fla
(227.77 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby snakeeyes » Sat May 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Biles Wrote:I decided I'd contribute something to your project by giving you a much better walking animation. I think I found out why Samus walks in a stompy mode. It's mainly because her foot is fully integrated with her lower leg. As a result, the foot cannot be individually animated separate from the lower leg. Nevertheless, I managed to pull it off so it looks far far less stompy. Don't worry, I've stripped out all the main 3rd party characters and scripts so you're just left with this bare skeletal file formats for you to deal with as you please. Note that I've attached a CS5 flash file. I assume that's what you use I hope. >-<

i think the original walk looks better, no offense
snakeeyes
Newly Registered

Postby snakeeyes » Sat May 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Mind adding a demon girl? :)
something like this:
http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4396940_f520.jpg

don't really know about flash but maybe the wings are hard? :(

or maybe airi from queens blade? :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3282/269 ... e984_o.jpg
snakeeyes
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Corta, why do you assume that all of us are going to vote for player grapples?

I personally think it'd be great to tighten up the hit-detection and movement.
Zeus Kabob

Postby snakeeyes » Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm

How about adding a position gallery in the custom character section?
snakeeyes
Newly Registered

Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Sun May 13, 2012 3:57 am

jeeze, I've spent damn ages on this update..

maps kinda done, enemies are in, ridley is in, just making the end event. -- I really need to change up the mountaintop bit, the sense of scale is all messed up -- it ain't no tardis.

Biles Wrote:I decided I'd contribute something to your project by giving you a much better walking animation. I think I found out why Samus walks in a stompy mode. It's mainly because her foot is fully integrated with her lower leg. As a result, the foot cannot be individually animated separate from the lower leg. Nevertheless, I managed to pull it off so it looks far far less stompy. Don't worry, I've stripped out all the main 3rd party characters and scripts so you're just left with this bare skeletal file formats for you to deal with as you please. Note that I've attached a CS5 flash file. I assume that's what you use I hope. >-<

ooh, look at that.
it's still a little stiff, but the timing is dead on which was a bitch for me to get down

I think you've earned at the very least the new character template!
..after this update, when it's done..

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Corta, why do you assume that all of us are going to vote for player grapples?

I personally think it'd be great to tighten up the hit-detection and movement.

comments get the smart votes, polls just go for grapples.
it's good to see that people care about the gameplay

and speaking of which, tubetop RE3 Jill Valentine won the vote buy a huge margin.
..wonder if we could get a nemesis to go with dark link and shadow cloud in my water temple rip-off level..
corta

Postby FMC » Sun May 13, 2012 4:13 am

D'aw, I missed the vote. I gotta get that laptop fixed sooner rather than later, so I can, y'know, get on here more often. I woulda gone for the original S.T.A.R.S. outfit myself, but meh, it doesn't matter now.

As for what you should get done, first get all the movement and combat figured out. After that's done, the events and such should need much less revisions in the future, since you'll already have good, if not the best, movement figured out for what you're trying to do (and in my limited knowledge in how this stuff works, using the same template for cutscenes and for the actual game in a game like this saves time). Though, when you aren't working on the next cutscene / event, you could work on the grapples for the enemies in the region you're working on.

Hopefully... you read that the way I meant it. I don't know the terminology too well, so it's very possible I made things confusing to you. If so, just say so, and I'll see if I can word it in a way that you can understand it too. I'm kinda known for that if I don't know exactly what I'm talking about. >.<
FMC

Postby TrueMisfit » Sun May 13, 2012 3:36 pm

I would've voted for the original Jill as well, but that boat has passed so let's be happy we're gonna get something in general :P
TrueMisfit

Postby Jollibee » Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Ok so been following this game for a while but for the life of me how do i grapple? Ive seen people say they can give a foot job and other things but i cant seem to figure it out. The key mapping doesnt list grapple move so I just spam all the keys in my keyboard and still now luck. Do i need to enable something first?
Jollibee
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects