Sex Realm - Flash Hentai RPG Project - WIP

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Flash Hentai RPG Project

Postby FuzzFace » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:50 pm

whatdontlookaatme Wrote:i did, i got killed lol. How do you find runes?

So far there is only one, I believe. it should be accessible once you do enough quests for the elder.
FuzzFace

Postby Hnyarly » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm

FuzzFace Wrote:So far there is only one, I believe. it should be accessible once you do enough quests for the elder.

I'm working in the second rune... I'm pretty sure it will be the most used magical item in my game. xD

Here you have it:
Attachments
Wind Rune.png
Wind Rune.png (13.03 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Hnyarly

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:44 am

WIND RUUUUUUUUUUUUNE
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby Hnyarly » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 am

And it's working. It gives 25% extra walk speed. Cost: 200g.
xD

For the momment I haven't decided any mana cost for it. I mean, in the beta version I'm working with it's just "equip and run". Do you think it should have any cost? Any fixed amount of mana? Some percentage of total mana (like the magic eye)? Any cost when equipped or maybe as long as it's being used? Something like 1 point of mana each 4 steps?
Hnyarly

Postby BlueLight » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:16 am

Make Mana a float (a variable that can equal 3.33) and make the require 1.00 of the players Mana.
You use the float so if you have something like that you want to take 1.5 points later on you can with out reworking your system.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Hnyarly » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:15 am

BlueLight Wrote:Make Mana a float (a variable that can equal 3.33) and make the require 1.00 of the players Mana.
You use the float so if you have something like that you want to take 1.5 points later on you can with out reworking your system.

I prefer to decrease mana 1 point each X steps. It's just going to the X, 2X, 3X photograms of the walking animation and decrease the variable. It's slightly less costly for processor than decreasing vars each photogram.
Hnyarly

Postby BlueLight » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:26 am

If we were talking java i wouldn't agree with you but from what i've seen with flash i understand.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby RepoRazgriiz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Hey, this is off topic, but can you send instructions on where to download the Nightmare Sphere game on your blog? I hit a download link and it's all japanese, can't read x_x so I'd appreciate it if you could help out, thanks ^^
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life... sometimes it bends so much, it snaps in two.
RepoRazgriiz

Postby Hnyarly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:20 am

RepoRazgriiz Wrote:Hey, this is off topic, but can you send instructions on where to download the Nightmare Sphere game on your blog? I hit a download link and it's all japanese, can't read x_x so I'd appreciate it if you could help out, thanks ^^

One week ago I was at that page to download the Nightmare Spere 0 demo. I used google to translate the page and I found it easily.
Hnyarly

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:14 am

Hnyarly Wrote:
whatdontlookaatme Wrote:how to i get a sex scene with the slime?

There is no sex with the regular slimes. You haver to find the slime boss.

I managed to get the losing sex animation with the slime boss, but haven't figured out how to initiate the winning animation. Any tips?
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:57 am

The music sounds familiar. Let me guess, it's from an old Final Fantasy game; sounds very 8-bit, so I'm going to guess from the Final Fantasy Legend series. Am I close?

WonderGamer

Postby QuantumBreed » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Ok just played ver .376 and it is much better than the one posted here on the forum.

First off (pros)
Between the versions the speed is much better the FPS of the old version was a little low
No glitches that i could find
Nice addition of the fourth save for the gnome
The save system seems solid (suggestions later in post)
Great clothing system

(Cons)
Some dialog boxes seem to last a little long mainly with female elf and mage
The female elf making out with beth doesn't raise her sluttyness
How does the the eye work exactly is it supposed to halve (from what i've seen not used much tho) your health
Not really able to buy anything clothing wise (unless you sell the clothes you take off and some items you don't use)
Some of the inventory items (to me) seem to be cluttering up the inventory such as the menu option exit game option and take off all clothes option (suggestions later in post)
Personally i feel you shouldn't need to pay to get more pages in beth's diary saving should be free (suggestions later in post.....still)
oh big one the game is not finished yet :D :lol:

(suggestions)
First about the saving system it seems very sound though to me 12 save slots seems a little much and maybe instead of displaying xp you could display gold even sluttyness or both. As for being able to save (the when, the where, and the how) maybe have pages of her diary scattered on the ground that stay in a certain spot and she interacts with them to save or something along those lines. Having an inventory item to save takes up too much space in the already small inventory.
Second the eye maybe instead of an item it could be an option that could be unlocked as i like personally like to see the numerical value of my enemy's health but with a rune you can't have the eye too.
Third the options menu item could maybe be mapped to a button instead of an inventory item as with the exit to main menu option. The exit to main menu item i feel is un-needed as it could be placed in the in-game options screen. Possible way to fix this is key the options menu to a button and instead of having it be so small increase the in-game options size.
Fourth now this is just a suggestion and i didn't test it out to see if you already did it or not so forgive me if you have. You could and probably should make the gnome be able to save Beth a fifth time after noticing how hard he gets after making her cum it seems only right to have him ask to fuck her. this could even increase her sluttyness several points as she is just giving it to him.
Fifth a way to play the game on a mac would be nice or even a universal method such as what is available on this forum as i can play the game in my browser. as i can't play the windows version and the linux version shows up as a blank text file nothing else (after switching it to run off google chrome) but if anyone knows how to run either one without the need to pricey programs please PM about it.
Sixth when Beth makes out with the female elf i feel you should get at least a point of sluttyness for it regardless of if it is her idea or not.

Can not think of anything else which may or may not be good :lol: regardless great game and i think it is going to be amazing once it's done so please keep up the good work.

P.S. Hope a new version comes up on your blog soon so i can hear what the sound is like too
QuantumBreed

Postby SquallLion » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 pm

about his 1st comment, he gave an intelligent, constructive critique :o
SquallLion

Postby AceDraw » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00 am

My only problem is when I try playing on the blog, everytime I hit the down button the webpage scrolls down while Beth tries to walk south. Any ideas on how to get the page to stay put?
AceDraw
Newly Registered

Postby Hnyarly » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:19 am

WonderGamer Wrote:I managed to get the losing sex animation with the slime boss, but haven't figured out how to initiate the winning animation. Any tips?

Kill the slime boss. Maybe you could use some... weapons.
:)

WonderGamer Wrote:The music sounds familiar. Let me guess, it's from an old Final Fantasy game; sounds very 8-bit, so I'm going to guess from the Final Fantasy Legend series. Am I close?

I picked all music and sound FXs from the standard RPG maker RTPs. I'm too lazy to do it by myself. xD

QuantumBreed Wrote:Ok just played ver .376 and it is much better than the one posted here on the forum.

Thanks! and thanks too for so deep analysis of my game.

QuantumBreed Wrote:Between the versions the speed is much better the FPS of the old version was a little low.

No idea of how I did it. Maybe when I changed some clothes polling.

QuantumBreed Wrote:No glitches that i could find.

That's thanks to the people that have tested my game. First version of the last release had some problems with inventory and saved games.

QuantumBreed Wrote:Great clothing system.

And even more clothes for the next release. I've done at least 5 new (including a couple of special dresses as eastern eggs, like VH's Nanako and Shampoo ones). BTW, I learnt all about clothing in Flash checking Playshapes' source codes in LoK.

QuantumBreed Wrote:Some dialog boxes seem to last a little long mainly with female elf and mage.

Ok. I'll check them. :)

QuantumBreed Wrote:The female elf making out with beth doesn't raise her sluttyness.

Well, that's because I've planned to create a huge database with all the sex Beth has in game. So I could record how many times she had anal sex with slimes... etc. So, all she has done influences future intercourses. For example, when she has had more than 10 sex events with animals, she could be less reluctant to be raped by another. This also influences future increases of sluttyness. For example, having oral sex with orcs will increase sluttyness up to the 10th time. So, the 11th time she has oral sex with an orc, she won't gain more sluttyness.
So, I want to implement the new system before increasing sluttyness.

QuantumBreed Wrote:How does the the eye work exactly is it supposed to halve (from what i've seen not used much tho) your health

Well, I must admit that the eye is a joke more than a worthing item. xD
"The human can use the eye at the cost of half the human's life; however, a human with the eye can also see the name and lifespan of most humans"

QuantumBreed Wrote:Not really able to buy anything clothing wise (unless you sell the clothes you take off and some items you don't use)

I tryied control the player's money just to not buy more than necessary.

QuantumBreed Wrote:First about the saving system it seems very sound though to me 12 save slots seems a little much and maybe instead of displaying xp you could display gold even sluttyness or both.

Displaying sluttyness won't be a good idea. You can be playing a lot and haven't increased it, so it really won't shows some kind of game advance. Money could be a better choice, as long as it will change a lot along the game.

QuantumBreed Wrote:As for being able to save (the when, the where, and the how) maybe have pages of her diary scattered on the ground that stay in a certain spot and she interacts with them to save or something along those lines.

Someone (I think it was Ted F.) also suggested me to add free save points, or event points when you receive up to the maximum 10 pages (free).

QuantumBreed Wrote:Having an inventory item to save takes up too much space in the already small inventory.

At some point, I'll increase inventory size from 3 to 4 rows.

QuantumBreed Wrote:Second the eye maybe instead of an item it could be an option that could be unlocked as i like personally like to see the numerical value of my enemy's health but with a rune you can't have the eye too.

I could transform it from a helding item to a dressed item. Something like a necklace.

QuantumBreed Wrote:Third the options menu item could maybe be mapped to a button instead of an inventory item as with the exit to main menu option. The exit to main menu item i feel is un-needed as it could be placed in the in-game options screen. Possible way to fix this is key the options menu to a button and instead of having it be so small increase the in-game options size.

I'm actually using 6 keys - QWAZXC - for the game (plus arrow keys), and I'll surelly add 2 more keys to control the character. I don't want to annoy players with even more keys. Thus, as much as possible, I prefer not to add more keys to game. The "exit to main menu" option placed in the in-game options screen sounds great. :-)

QuantumBreed Wrote:Fourth now this is just a suggestion and i didn't test it out to see if you already did it or not so forgive me if you have. You could and probably should make the gnome be able to save Beth a fifth time after noticing how hard he gets after making her cum it seems only right to have him ask to fuck her. this could even increase her sluttyness several points as she is just giving it to him.

That will happen, but once the players reach the town. The gnome is some kind of incentive for players to find the town. xD

QuantumBreed Wrote:Fifth a way to play the game on a mac would be nice or even a universal method such as what is available on this forum as i can play the game in my browser.

Well, I can compile the game for Mac too, but I thought nobody will ask for it. Anyway, here you have it:
http://depositfiles.com/files/0h6em93fx
Be careful. This is v0.377b. It's like v0.377 with some weapons for testing pourposes. And this version could delete previous saved games. I hope the zip contains all the files necessary, because I haven't ever used a Mac.
Hnyarly

Postby QuantumBreed » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:31 am

I'm glad that i was able to give sound advice. I found this game by chance when checking out this forum finally and i think it has amazing potential. Thank you very much Hnyarly for the compile (as i may be the only mac user here *sweatdrop*) i'm looking forward to see how or rather hear how sound affects gameplay. I'll be sure to check you Blog often and try my best to help you work out the bugs.

SquallLion Wrote:about his 1st comment, he gave an intelligent, constructive critique :o

Thank you for that SquallLion i'm going to try and help as much as i can....and hopefully make all my critiques as helpful to the creator of a game as possible.
QuantumBreed

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:31 am

Hnyarly Wrote:
WonderGamer Wrote:I managed to get the losing sex animation with the slime boss, but haven't figured out how to initiate the winning animation. Any tips?

Kill the slime boss. Maybe you could use some... weapons.

Not entirely sure what weapons you are talking about. I actually haven't seen any weapons in the game yet. The only melee attack I have used is kicking. And kicking doesn't seem to damage the boss slime; only runes do. Perhaps I need to pick a different background when I create my character?

Hnyarly Wrote:
QuantumBreed Wrote:Not really able to buy anything clothing wise (unless you sell the clothes you take off and some items you don't use)

I tryied control the player's money just to not buy more than necessary.

I'm going to suggest adding a way to gain money (and possibly other items) other than just from chests. You could make the enemies have random drops on occasion. :idea:

QuantumBreed Wrote:As for being able to save (the when, the where, and the how) maybe have pages of her diary scattered on the ground that stay in a certain spot and she interacts with them to save or something along those lines.

There have been games that have been able to successfully pull off the pay to save method, but those games had a means of gaining money that was not limited. Considering gaining of money/items is limited in this game, a paid saving system doesn't really make sense. If you were going to add a means of gaining money (either through random drops from killed enemies or random respawn on items), then I'd say keep the paid saving system. If you're going to limit money accumlation the way you are doing it, then there shouldn't be standard options for any game that require you to pay to use them.

Hnyarly Wrote:I'm actually using 6 keys - QWAZXC - for the game (plus arrow keys), and I'll surelly add 2 more keys to control the character. I don't want to annoy players with even more keys. Thus, as much as possible, I prefer not to add more keys to game. The "exit to main menu" option placed in the in-game options screen sounds great.

Wouldn't it be easier to just change the ESC key into a pause key where you can access these option rather than making them take up inventory slots? If you're planning on keeping the pay to save method, you could have the save remove a certain amount of money at the time they save rather than using diary pages. I have this one game on the PSX that charges you X amount of money per level whenever you save; if you don't have the money to save, it won't let you save. :idea:

QuantumBreed Wrote:Nice addition of the fourth save for the gnome

Hnyarly Wrote:
QuantumBreed Wrote:Fourth now this is just a suggestion and i didn't test it out to see if you already did it or not so forgive me if you have. You could and probably should make the gnome be able to save Beth a fifth time after noticing how hard he gets after making her cum it seems only right to have him ask to fuck her. this could even increase her sluttyness several points as she is just giving it to him.
That will happen, but once the players reach the town. The gnome is some kind of incentive for players to find the town. xD

You guys lost me... Has the option been added to zone yet? I haven't actually met a gnome yet, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the new version. Perhaps it's not in the exectuable version (I assumed this was the latest version)? :?

@Hnyarly,
I have a suggestion of my own also seeing as you're taking them. How about a sex animation with all enemies when she gets killed. I'm not sure how exactly how you'd pull that off with the rat, but all of the others in the forest I can think of at least one situation for each enemy.

WonderGamer

Postby Milten » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:Not entirely sure what weapons you are talking about. I actually haven't seen any weapons in the game yet. The only melee attack I have used is kicking. And kicking doesn't seem to damage the boss slime; only runes do. Perhaps I need to pick a different background when I create my character?

That 'weapon' is the rune. And there is no usual weapon at the moment.
You guys lost me... Has the option been added to zone yet? I haven't actually met a gnome yet, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the new version. Perhaps it's not in the exectuable version (I assumed this was the latest version)? :?

Make rat defeat you twice, then do it again and get first scene. Do it once again and see the second one.
Milten

Postby Hnyarly » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:51 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:Not entirely sure what weapons you are talking about. I actually haven't seen any weapons in the game yet. The only melee attack I have used is kicking. And kicking doesn't seem to damage the boss slime; only runes do. Perhaps I need to pick a different background when I create my character?

Not really. Fire rune works fine against slimes. Also increasing you Attack Power will increase your melee damage.

WonderGamer Wrote:I'm going to suggest adding a way to gain money (and possibly other items) other than just from chests. You could make the enemies have random drops on occasion. :idea:

It's planned to be added to the next release.

WonderGamer Wrote:If you're going to limit money accumlation the way you are doing it, then there shouldn't be standard options for any game that require you to pay to use them.

Money won't be limited any more once the game has farmeable enemies.

WonderGamer Wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to just change the ESC key into a pause key where you can access these option rather than making them take up inventory slots? If you're planning on keeping the pay to save method, you could have the save remove a certain amount of money at the time they save rather than using diary pages. I have this one game on the PSX that charges you X amount of money per level whenever you save; if you don't have the money to save, it won't let you save. :idea:

I'll add more slots to inventory. :)
About X amount of money for saving sounds good. I have to consider it.

WonderGamer Wrote:You guys lost me... Has the option been added to zone yet? I haven't actually met a gnome yet, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the new version. Perhaps it's not in the exectuable version (I assumed this was the latest version)? :?

I was talking about a far future release. Not even the next one.

WonderGamer Wrote:@Hnyarly,
I have a suggestion of my own also seeing as you're taking them. How about a sex animation with all enemies when she gets killed. I'm not sure how exactly how you'd pull that off with the rat, but all of the others in the forest I can think of at least one situation for each enemy.

Actually I need suggestions for the slime boss. xD

Milten Wrote:That 'weapon' is the rune. And there is no usual weapon at the moment.

Not actually...
There is a test version with weapons.
Last edited by Hnyarly on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hnyarly

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Whether you make money limited, unlimited, or make it fall from the sky and rain on players' heads, I can't imagine the slightest possible justification for making someone pay to save their game, or the FIRST reason that saving should be limited in the first place.
Lucky777

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner