Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.03 (8/21/1

Postby kazuo » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:05 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Rhiannon's of course was just to show that she generally doesn't lose any sleep over the people she ends up killing. Basically to show that she can be pretty callous / badass and doesn't cry herself to sleep at night because she offed a few folks. I'm not sure exactly what made him all possessive over her in the end but, I figured he was already partially insane from the losses he suffered.

I personally loved that scene, and Rhiannon is my favorite character... I loved the option to ask him if he wanted to get you pregnant... sort tickled my impregnation fetish. :shock:
I'd like to see more go into that... like you could go and find his white ass or save him from being killed by some bandits. Maybe build on a romance or 'let him have you' sort of thing. I suppose he would go all obsessed over here for something clique like he hated his father... or both his parents were FAR too overbearing and controlling and that sort. ether way I'd like to chase him down and totally jump his angstie bone man, cheer his ass right up.
kazuo

Postby Kuragari » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:32 pm

You know, a thought occured to me. I had an idea for a few more scenes that could be added. If you've already thought of these, than darn. If not though, YAY!

Scene 1-If you have low enough Purity, you can screw the drunk guy that's passed out on the floor. Afterwards, he gives you an item for giving him such a good time (potion, or some other special item, or gold).

Scene 2-This is also if you have low enough purity, with the Guard Pikeman, after the titjob, you can go even further by giving him a blowjob and letting him fuck you. If you go with that though, you get captured.

Scene 3-This requires that your purity be almost zilch. Rather than giving the assassian a chance to attack you, your character to drops to their knees and gives them a tit/blowjob, which knocks the assassian out.

Scene 4-Low enough purity could allow the slave trader scene to extend into a doggy style scene.

Scene 5-This one happens regardless of purity, though low purity can have an effect. If you talk to the Orc/Ogre/Goblin thing thats standing in line, he'll notice that your a human female, and rape you. Having a low enough purity will result in screwing him a second time along with giving a blowjob and a hand job to two other customers in line.

I'm going to have to try and find a way to acquire the latest RPG maker and learn how to use it. Then maybe I could do more than just help tell if the story flows well or not :)
Kuragari

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Wow, what a plethora of ideas! All of these would flow well with the game as it stands, wow... G_G
Yeah, there are quite a few possibilities and I generally like most of these, especially since I'm going to have to go back and modify some of the text involved with the pikeman, the sleeping bandit, and what not. There will definitely be orc sex for those who want it, heh! Along with a variety of other creatures I have as mods in 3DCG.

LOL kazuo, I don't know what it is about that post, but it made me laugh. Glad to see someone liked the scene. I guess there's always the appeal of offering oneself to someone they've wronged as an atonement of sorts--'did I ruin your life? well, if I let you screw me whenever, will it make it better?!' Impregnation could be a factor in the future (like, something that could be in the status screen), if I find the right mods to do it with and if there's enough demand. I plan to at least just touch down on various fetishes; like I said, as long as there's no urine or feces involved (it's a personal dislike), I'm usually tolerant of it.

I guess for the H-scenes that do exist, especially the generic scenes (don't ask me to expand on the turban bandit that forces you to blow him, that branching was a PAIN!), all of them can be expanded on to some extent. Wish I could take another poll to see which scenes / fetishes were peoples' favorites; I like em all to some extent personally, but two of the scenes that will be out before the end of this weekend are personal favorites of mine--which might not be the case for everyone else, and if so I apologize, but yeah... heh.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:05 pm

As I said, all ideas, and your the one making it, so your the one who decides what goes in :)
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:48 pm

I WANTED to write a whole gigantic wall of text about my opinions of all the GUYS during the special scenes, but since spoiler tags apparently aren't working after all, I won't go further than to list the order I liked 'em in and a VERY basic reasoning, I guess. XD

The magician's
The Nun's
The ... Cesca's
The Martial Artist's
The Paladin's
The Fighter's (Emilia's)
The Berserker's
The Sage's.

Reasoning is that I like scenes where, theoretically, in real life even, the rape-ee could be forced to fucking love it. Physically, at least, which is all that matters. (Lubrication or at least attention to female erogenous zones is vastly important to that.)

The Paladin's and Fighters SHOULD have ranked above the Martial artist's for that reason, but I also haet clingy lovey-lovey shit, because it could result in having the clingy person want to keep the object of their affection all to themselves, and thus decrease the range of sexual variety for that object of their affection unless said object of affection kills them or otherwise gets them the FUCK out of the way. That and the martial artist's was just ...KICKIN' RAD, WITH AN AWESOME CANE.

The berserker's was ... a guy I can't help sympathising with a little, and the Sage's wasn't to my liking at all, except that he lasted at least 30 fucking minutes somehow, AND you could TOTALLY make the reference "FALCOUN PAAANCH! SHOW ME YA MOVES!" and those two things improve him so much that he is a less far-away last than he would otherwise have been.

Oh, also, low purity doggy style and low purity fuck the sleeping guy are ideas I love, because 1), Doggystyle is my favourite position, and 2) I was thinking that you should be able to fuck the sleeping guy from the start.

Raising purity is a perfectly fine option for peeps who want such a thing, and it is considerate and kind of you to include it, but I must ask that ye make it clear which options/items do that, because I'm rolling 0 purity for the whole game. Wouldn't want my hard work interfered with : O
Last edited by Lucky777 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 am

Yeah, he is pretty pimpin' with his cane, huh? I imagine him traveling the world, getting with women from various cultures and stuff in a world without AIDS (but perhaps full of illegitimate children?); gotta catch 'em all!

Emilia's and Asella's were really lovey cause they were supposed to give you that creepy stalker vibe, which I figure Lanie already had done to her, to an extent.
Oh good, somebody got the Falc~own reference.

For the sleeping guy, there's no particular ETA on this but I'll likely eventually put in a short scene where you uh... 'wake him up' with a -morning mouthful- or something of the sort. Guess that's kinda a big thing in Japan, or at least from some doujinshi I've read.

So far in this game there are definitely more options / perks from having a lower Purity thus far, as well as more ways to lower it. Don't worry though, I'll generally spell out what lowers or raises one's Purity.

I have a wealth of positions waiting to be used in various forms, but have just been taking it relatively easy so that I don't exhaust all my resources right away ;)

Time to get back to writing, and the patch should be pretty much done after I actually implement the crap sometime tomorrow.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby kazuo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:13 am

KITAmaru Wrote:
Time to get back to writing, and the patch should be pretty much done after I actually implement the crap sometime tomorrow.

Wow man, like wow. Tomorrow? I just downloaded the game last night. Your quick... anyway, don't burn yourself out. I look forward to seeing the next version of the game. I'd also offer to help, but as far as programming goes, I'm useless. The only thing I could probably do is write or proofread.
kazuo

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 am

Yeah, but to be fair, I've been working on it all week when I have the time--been working a fair amount so it hasn't been at the pace it was when I first started. I'm trying to get as much as I can done in my spare time before fall quarter starts, where I will have considerably less time to do so.

This upcoming patch is merely going to be a bugfix patch plus two H-scenes and a short storyline-related cutscene, so don't get too excited. The patch after that is the bigger one, and will likely take about one and a half to two weeks.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:43 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Yeah, he is pretty pimpin' with his cane, huh? I imagine him traveling the world, getting with women from various cultures and stuff in a world without AIDS (but perhaps full of illegitimate children?); gotta catch 'em all!

Don'tcha mean gotta fuck them all? 8-)

For the sleeping guy, there's no particular ETA on this but I'll likely eventually put in a short scene where you uh... 'wake him up' with a -morning mouthful- or something of the sort. Guess that's kinda a big thing in Japan, or at least from some doujinshi I've read.

A short H-scene to start is probably the best. I personally love the idea that as one's purity gets lower, even more options and scenes become available. It allows one to see the progression from the chaste and pure (the Nun,...err...sorta, and the Paladin) to Slutty McSlut Slut :p Which I find both awesome and somewhat amusing xD

Now, just out of curiosity, three things. First, what are the new scenes, 2nd, what are the chances that the characters will get to do it with the Cat Girl, and thirdly...

WTF is up with that creepy clown :shock: ?
Kuragari

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.04 (8/27/1

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Version 0.0.4 is out, just FYI. Much thanks to my beta testers and apologies for the short notice, as I've been meaning to release this patch days ago but got a little busy between work and composing the H-scenes in my spare time. Don't worry--everything will be better reviewed in future patches.

Yeah, gotta... fuck 'em all, or something. Haha.

The new scenes:
-The bed in the southwest corner of the Chambers has two guys sitting on it. Talk to them when your Purity is low enough to trigger the H-scene.
-In the northwest corner of the Chambers (with the more privileged women), a 'slave supervisor' will be walking around. Touch her to trigger a battle / H-scene.

Also, the chances you will get to do it with the Cat Girl sometime in the future are pretty high, maybe 80%, provided I can find the correct mods for 3DCG--I try to make them look as close to the sprite as possible with the few mods that I have, hence the abundance of red tops for the main characters, due to the portraits. Once I get a new comp with better resolution plus more mods for 3DCG, I can bring whichever characters closer to what they need to look like, seeing as I have the necessary sprite data.

That creepy clown was more of a joke than anything. I saw his sprite and portrait as part of the default VX RTP stuff they let you access, and I was like, 'well what the hell could I use this idiot for... Oh, I know!'
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:05 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Version 0.0.4 is out, just FYI. Much thanks to my beta testers and apologies for the short notice, as I've been meaning to release this patch days ago but got a little busy between work and composing the H-scenes in my spare time. Don't worry--everything will be better reviewed in future patches.

So the download link is up? YAY!

The new scenes:
-The bed in the southwest corner of the Chambers has two guys sitting on it. Talk to them when your Purity is low enough to trigger the H-scene.
-In the northwest corner of the Chambers (with the more privileged women), a 'slave supervisor' will be walking around. Touch her to trigger a battle / H-scene.

Also, the chances you will get to do it with the Cat Girl sometime in the future are pretty high, maybe 80%, provided I can find the correct mods for 3DCG--I try to make them look as close to the sprite as possible with the few mods that I have, hence the abundance of red tops for the main characters, due to the portraits. Once I get a new comp with better resolution plus more mods for 3DCG, I can bring whichever characters closer to what they need to look like, seeing as I have the necessary sprite data.

Excellant...most excellant.

Hey, they look pretty similar to what their sprite mugshot is. My only complaint regarding the CG now that I think about it is that the Witch lady has a tendency to keep the hat on, which I almost think would get in the way sometimes :p

That creepy clown was more of a joke than anything. I saw his sprite and portrait as part of the default VX RTP stuff they let you access, and I was like, 'well what the hell could I use this idiot for... Oh, I know!'

You could probably come up with something else for him,...although I think any such scenes revolving around the clown would by default require your character to be at the lowest purity possible. Just because of principal.
Kuragari

Postby AbysmalTears » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:41 pm

I think the clown should definately be used for something. My idea is to make him quiz you on something. If you get it right then he rewards you but if you get it wrong he can takek a turn with you ;)
AbysmalTears

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Sweet, I'll have a look at this latest version.

Something that comes back to mind, though: Is it possible to increase the number of save files easily? If it isn't, then there's still no problem, because I will just literally copy the whole folder twice after downloading the final version of the thing, and thus have 9 save files available - 3 at a time - but if one CAN very easily increase the number of save slots, you might want to look into that, since there are like 8 characters or something.

EDIT: Twins on bed scene is made of success, accomplishment, winning, triumph and victory. GOTTA love some straight shota.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Actually yes, there's a Neo Save System which clashes with one of the other scripts I have running, but I did find a simpler 'more save slots' script which enables about 20 save slots in all--though you do have to toggle the cursor up and down a bit sometimes to figure out which slot you're targeting, if that makes any sense. I've implemented it now and can send you a version of the game with that feature if you don't want to wait for the next patch.

The majority of the next patch will have some added scenes, areas, storyline elements / characters and of course combat balancing.
I've realized that for this game, because of it's 'Character Select' nature, balancing the combat system is tougher than in a traditional RPG where you start with a decent main character and pick up folks along the way. In that old-fashioned system, even if you have a character that sucks, they can be there to just take up space while Ralph (the typical / default male protagonist) does all the work. In DesLaby, caster classes tend to have an inherent disadvantage due to their slower speed, weaker armor, lower max HP and overall stats. I'm attempting to balance that by adding new status effects to Thyme's array of spells, increasing the power of Lanie's, and then hopefully making it so that you'll have to fight more at once. Teaming up with other characters is something that'll take awhile to implement (though, interactions with them for 'relationship points' or girl chara on girl chara H-scenes are rather easy!) due to the conditions involved with certain H-scenes.

When I do get to a part that involves one girl teaming up with another, and you run into an H-scene, ideally I'd like the event to play one girl's H-scene then the other, to illustrate that both of them got captured / violated / whatever. Certain pairings, such as Irine and Asella or maybe Lanie and Thyme, can have special sequences, but of course only for specific sets of girls, because I really do NOT want to try and make a separate scene for every combination of every girl--doing just one for all eight girls is already a royal pain!

So for now, I can't justify raising a caster's max HP or armor, but what I can do is adjust cast speeds appropriately and implement more enemies at once so that there will be more use for multiple-opponent skills. I can also boost their spell damage a bit, considering the melee girls tend to be averaging 100ish damage per hit anyhow.

Haha, the quiz idea sounds good for the clown. How many people actually want to see a scene with that bozo in 0.05, though? I guess it CAN be pretty humiliating / degrading for those who are into that aspect of the game.

EDIT: Glad somebody liked it. I was afraid of people getting all homophobic about it due to the inferences, but whatever! It was fun to write, too.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm actually content to wait for the next patch, though I do appreciate the thought, good fellow.

Also, as to raising casters' hp and or armour, a shield spell/vitality spell always works wonders for that. Good luck balancing the game, but I'm actually finding it very easy on the combat side - after your FIRST encounter, at any rate - because you can do awesome capitalism ploys and buy like 30 Potions right off the bat. I'd been keeping quiet about that, though, in case you decided to make the game like 20 times harder in the future or something. : O

Something else that I had wondered about since the beginning, though. Uh ... it's actually not a feature I've seen implemented in any rpg I've looked at per se. I might as well mention it all the same, though.
Will there eventually be a way to choose if you deal the fatal or nonfatal type of damage to enemies? Like, a "Oh man, this dude got KO'ed" option, instead of the plot deciding whether he just gets ko'ed or killed?
It's a small detail, and I'm not necessarily looking to have enemies who you spare come back to haunt you later on or anything complex for the plot like that, it's just a flavour thing I was wondering about.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Regarding combat, I'm not sure about that, but choosing to spare them I suppose COULD be an option in the far future. Flavor-wise, I'd generally set it so that the player always gets KO'd / weakened (for the GOR of course), while enemies simply die unless specified otherwise, such as in the most recent boss fight.
So far I'm also somewhat enjoying the one-character dynamic with the shops, because I HATE when I'm playing an RPGVX game with mostly default settings, decide to sell some old equipment in order to buy better stuff, then a character joins with like, a fucking Club as a weapon when my other guys have Wrapped Bows or Broadswords and other such crap.

Buying a bazillion potions before a battle is fine and actually recommended. I don't mean to make the game super difficult, or difficult at all really (especially when there's a surrender option now), but as long as it's not kill-the-boss-in-two-hits like Thousand Arms or something, it's all good.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Yurtigo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 pm

I actually have a suggestion for the characters. If you want to add some flavor and interest in each character, and the labrynth is supposed to be rather large and extensive. This could be really tough seeing as its already a pain to implement seperate scenes for each character.

Each character could go a different route inside the dungeon. Taking different paths and ending up in different places across the dungeon. This way... you could get a different feel from each character as you get to focus on their "Route" entirely and help flesh out each character better. I will admit this sounds like a royal pain in the ass to implement, but it would mean an easy way to show off more of the dungeon and do a bit less work (or more... x.x)

The Cons would be that you would have to spend a lot of time on each one meaning work gets slowed down substansionally without more help. The Pros are storylines implemented specially for each character in each different route. Ease in making a more three dimensional character and the possibility to add some interesting scenes special only to a particular character.
Yurtigo
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:54 pm

...About that "Combat is extremely easy" thing ... uh... I think I found out why that is.

The pots that are supposed to heal 300 hp

Kinda heal 600 hp : O For the Paladin, at least.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby Kuragari » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:58 pm

There can be multiple ways to balance it out. Raising casting speed is a good idea, and giving the caster characters some sort of guard spell is also a good one. However, I find it a tad bit too easy with the casters actually, once you get past level one. Especially with Irine's Holy Spear attack thing (not only does it occasionally confuse, do two attacks, it also lowers defense/strength) is a wee bit over powered. If nothing else, that spell alone should do less damage because of its other abilities.

The character mixing thing, especially with scenes, should be interesting. I can already suggest at least one pairing, Irine and Cesca.

I'd like to suggest that if possible, for the next big patch, you add something for when a character hits either 0 or one of the Negatvies in purity. I believe with Irine I was below 0 by the time I got to the boss. If your wanting to save time, you could simply rewrite the 2nd defeat to the first bandit thing and use that as the sort of game over thing when you hit 0 purity or below (I say below, because some of the characters start at lower numbers)

A quiz thing with the clown would be neat, it should be set so that if you lose, he screws you, and if you win you get two choices. YOU can screw him, or you can get a special item of some sort. The former can involve some sort of weird fetish or something (or just straight clown being creepy during sex thing) and the latter could simply be straight sex, with the clown guy dropping his creepy act.

Also, I approve of the different stage layout bit.
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:10 am

Unfortunately, I have to voice a minor disagreement and an absolute disagreement this time.

The minor disagreement: While the branching dungeons thing sounds interesting, it also sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth.

The absolute disagreement: While the 0 purity opening a different story choice later on has 100 percent of my approval, it producing a game over does NOT.
I'm in this game to fuck things, not to waste effort on fine mathematics between fucking things and keeping purity over 0. Like, "Whatever alternate ending" it produces, I'm good with, but I'm primarily using "ending" in that sentence as a long-term expression. Like, "The ending where you help 'em sell the princess as opposed to the one where you save her."
Last edited by Lucky777 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lucky777

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner