Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.04 (8/27/1

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Yeah, the unique feel to each character was part of what prompted me to go all "Oh man, the characterisation is pretty good" a couple pages back. Rhiannon and her "FLYING FAGGOTS" was what did it in particular, I think.

As for the timing on the implementation of the syndicate path, you should take as long as you need: as long as it doesn't end up being one of those things that never happens because the author gives up on the game halfway through, and as long as the standards of quality keep up like they've been going thus far in the game, I'm pretty much bound to be happy with it whenever it comes out. I suspect that the other peeps who want that path will be similarly pleased as well.

As for environment ideas, I must confess that I don't have much of a creative spark. Descriptions and grammar I'm not too bad at, but even though I'd be happy to try to help out this project in any way I can in my free time, I've gotta put up a disclaimer and say not to actually expect anything useful out of me D : .
You could totally PM me and tell me what you mean by "environments", though, because "rooms with stone walls" does seem to sum up the "environments" in a dungeon. It's what we've got so far, and I... don't really know how much different a dungeon can get from that, honestly.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Haha, yes, the backdrop is admittedly quite monotonous. My idea was that you basically start off in the dumps of the Labyrinth, where all the low-level thugs and errand boys hang out. It's got some old cells, a dusty storeroom / shop area, a bottlery (not that it isn't important at all), stuff like that. Once you reach more and more 'checkpoints' the paths will diverge some, inevitably leading to the more luxurious areas where people like Genesius spend their time in leisure, with others leading to strange, ceremonial rooms with various tilesets. Even within the Syndicate there appear to be levels of authority, naturally, so that will be evident as you continue to infiltrate the hideout. In the end, the Despair Labyrinth is only part dungeon--it's also an underground base for the Syndicate, in essence.

By environments, I mean this: Many castles have things like a bottlery, an armory, a Great Hall, a wardrobe, storerooms and so on. Obviously there will also be various stables in which to hold certain creatures in the future, but ideas for rooms like that are things that would be welcome. For the first portion of the game, which is mainly dealing with relatively low-ranking guys in the Syndicate, what would you need as a bandit? A place to sleep. A place to eat / drink. A place like The Chambers (obviously given the game's context). A place to keep your stuff. What else might you need, keeping in mind that you might not be as privileged as say, Archbishop Genesius?
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby deaddog » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:45 pm

The big thing I want to see in this is sexual stats in the status screen. Number of partners, what happened, etc... like Violated Heroine.
deaddog

Postby ExistentialGhost » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Obvious areas that come to mind are: dormitories, a training room (you already started, I suppose, with that archery stand thing south of where the assassins are, but ironically, none of the enemies you can meet yet are archers...), and showers - hey, even the grunts have to wash themselves sometimes.
Maybe also an arena where the bandits make monsters fight each other and place bets for entertainment - which could lead to some monster h-scene if the player character gets thrown in there to fight (and loses) against a monster.

I'll try to keep thinking about possible locales and PM them to you, if inspiration strikes.
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
ExistentialGhost

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:31 pm

deaddog-
Violated Heroine is a simply amazing game and I can only hope to implement sexual stats (because I LOVED that about VH! <3 Rin!) here--it's a real wonderful feature of any H-game that I think needs to be implemented more often. The problem with me though, is I know next to nothing about scripting / coding (only about basic variables and switches thus far) stuff like that into the status, so I'm going to have to do some research on it. Since I also write the scenes, which then need to be proofread for the most part, my time to do all of that is limited.

Thanks, Ghost. I actually have a scene to send you for proofreading but I'm not completely done yet, so I'll PM that to you when I'm finished.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby TedFallenger » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm really enjoying this game so far. Great work!

I for one am against the idea of a GAME OVER due to running out of purity. That's just punishing the players of the H-game for wanting to see the H.

The only thing I see missing from the structure is a water source, such as a well or underground stream. A wash room would be near these, as well as the baths and restrooms.
TedFallenger

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks! There's still so much I want to do, but the work is somewhat overwhelming between all the various requests / suggestions and all the bug fixing / writing / proofreading and re-doing I have to finish. In the end, I'm aware that fetishes can be about as varied as people themselves, and that it's impossible to please everyone, so I'm going to focus on what I want from the game. Only thing is, a lot of these (such as the Syndicate path) are actually valid ideas that I would personally entertain, at least in the distant future if not soon.

There is really far too much fun that can be had in any of these places. But yes, restrooms / washrooms would definitely be a must. Realistically, I should put at least one in every checkpoint area to add to the immersion, so one thing I'd have to ask is, don't expect an H-scene out of each bathroom just yet.
Underground stream... wonderful idea. You know what, that's... Yeah, I'm going to use that.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby jikkplo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:47 pm

I'd offer ideas but they've probably either A. been brought up already or B. wouldn't fit very well

anyways, awesome game and I cant wait for more
jikkplo

Postby TedFallenger » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 pm

I do hope you picked up the obvious connection between the underground stream and water beasties. =P
TedFallenger

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Derp, yes. I think I even have a Kraken battler sprite complete with separate tentacles around here somewhere... My only real limitations, in a way, are the mods found in 3DCG--which, compared to most 'custom' type games, has a hell of a lot of mods, especially for bestiality and monster sex, it's just a matter of finding them.

One thing to remember is, to prevent myself from getting burned out, I can only write the bare-bones / short version of a scene, expanding on it later. If people tell me what scenes they liked best, then it gives me an idea on which to revisit first, of course. For example, I can add more options to the dominatrix fight if people liked that one, or to the twins scene and so on, in later updates instead of trying to fully complete every H-scene with all of its outcomes from the beginning, which quite frankly, can be a little overwhelming for me. Plus, doing it this way will actually give people a reason to revisit older H-scenes as they play the game update-by-update instead of just worrying about the new ones.
I think the gargoyle scene is about as bare-bones as I can get though, seeing how wordy I generally am.
The absolute WORST scene for me to do was the one where the bandit forced you to give him oral, in the Chambers, because of all the different branching paths (since you are given the option to bite him like... at least three times or so). I'm likely not going to do anything like that again; it'll be 3-4 choices, only 1 or 2 of which will have an effect on the CG you are shown.

So don't worry, I'm not going to burn out anytime soon (though it might slow a tad once fall quarter starts), but just understand that scenes aren't necessarily going to start out as grand as you might want them to be. :P
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby oni-san » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:03 pm

hey, just tried the new patch, and the new scenes were very impressive! especially the girl-on-girl...haha...keep it up!

might I suggest in the next patch more of an exploration into different races of enemies? Female vampires, slime traps, tentacle traps? just to cater to as many audiences as possible. That, and a possible other option would be that certain in-game enemies (namely the female slave attendant >.>) can be re-visited for...extra treatment? im sure im not the only thinking about it...
Current Project: None, really.
oni-san

Postby Kuragari » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:51 am

I was thinking, and this was inspired both by a fetish and getting killed in the falling ceiling room in RE1.

Have a room thats covered in tentacles, and is alive. If your character goes into this room, the door locks, and you have to walk up to the center and fight the main body of the tentacle room monster. If you win, the door unlocks and your free to leave. Lose, and you get several H-scenes involving tentacle rape and mind break, and then game over.

other than that, nothing else as of this moment.
Kuragari

Postby TedFallenger » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 am

Kuragari Wrote:Have a room thats covered in tentacles, and is alive. If your character goes into this room, the door locks, and you have to walk up to the center and fight the main body of the tentacle room monster. If you win, the door unlocks and your free to leave. Lose, and you get several H-scenes involving tentacle rape and mind break, and then game over.

Good call; I have like three rooms like that in my house, and they were way more common back in the days before aerosol anti-tentacle spray.
TedFallenger

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:25 am

Wow, in your house? Sounds convenient. ;D

Loves me some tentacles. I can't say that I'm really any good at writing them, but we'll see...!
I think there is a decent tileset or two included in the RTP that can provide the backdrop for a tentacle-esque scene. Luckily 3DCG also has some tentacle mods as well.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby TedFallenger » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:45 am

If you need a tentacle scene written, just let me know.
TedFallenger

Postby KPD27 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:39 am

I'm having a technical issue I hope to find help with. Whenever I open the game, it immediately closes and I get an error sound with no message. I've tried reinstalling the game and RPGVX to no avail. It was working fine for a couple days, then just stopped.
KPD27

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:18 am

Hmm, interesting. Is it an RGSS102E.dll error? That one seems to be the most common.
If not, do other RPG Maker VX games work when you try to run them?

And what version did you start receiving errors, 0.04?
The only other thing I can think of are the scripts I have--the Character Selection script has been there since the very beginning. In Version 0.03, I added the Resolution Change and Battlebacks script. 0.04 added the Hide Text Box script, which in itself shouldn't cause any startup errors...
If you can figure out the last version that worked for you, that'd be great so I can find out exactly what changed.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby BlueLight » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:24 am

You know if your missing a .Dll file all you need to do is download it and place it in the folder of the game right?
RGSS102E.dll is a dll file. Should work the same way.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Yeah, it's pretty much the easiest fix in the book which is what I hope it is, because it would be a pain if my scripts are causing problems--which doesn't SEEM likely considering no one else is reporting it. Perhaps it could be his screen resolution, though that's doubtful since 640 x 480 is really not a challenge to run in the slightest; if it is, you've got other problems to worry about.

I think it'd definitely help to know whether other RPGVX games are working on his comp in the first place in order to rule out other possibilities, such as issues with VX that may have popped up recently for him, for one reason or another.

Edit: In recent news besides writing more scenes, I actually found a way to implement tracking of how many times your character has had someone ejaculate inside of them and so on. Could take a lil while to fully get functioning, but it's apparently not as difficult as I first thought. Still having issues with setting variable limits (i.e. Purity having a 0 minimum) though.

Also wish I could set a poll in order to figure out which scenes people would like to see expanded on the most, since I have no problem with doing that for any of them, really.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby FMC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Y'know, I'd love to see a tentacle scene or more beastiality. Hopefully non-game-over ones, though. I like tentacles, because of their versatality, and I believe the 'sticking cum' idea has been brought up already, which I thought would be aweseome to keep on.

Though, the only thing I see hard with that is trying to make the CG if your character has cum on her already -- do you impliment that in the CG? Or would you start with a clean slate each CG? That's the only thing I see about that being hard and limiting you in implimenting it.
FMC

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner