Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby Ayame » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:08 am

Am I the only one who thinks the update will actually be much better considering it's taking longer? I know he has real things that get in the way as well. But I still think it'll end up better.
Ayame

Postby AllenAndArth » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:28 am

Ayame Wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the update will actually be much better considering it's taking longer? I know he has real things that get in the way as well. But I still think it'll end up better.

nope!i do too...by the way, talking of underpower, I still hate the FUCKING GODAAMM PRIEST...(god I really suck at using priests, it's not that she's bad, I just suck using her...daaammm priestess :evil: )
AllenAndArth

Postby kain » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 am

Hey! looks like a very interesting game! Ive tried for about an hour to figure out how to get the game and still havent managed to play it yet. I downloaded the on-site download of RPG VX...but i can't seem to get the game download. I tried visiting 4share, but couldnt figure out how to download from there...Do I have to download B1 Free Archiver to get it? Am i doing it right? is there an easier way? thanks!
kain
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:49 am

You just need to have a 4shared account, bro.
Attachments
4shared 1.png
4shared2.png
4shared 3.png
Lucky777

Postby phoenyxz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:06 am

Ayame Wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the update will actually be much better considering it's taking longer? I know he has real things that get in the way as well. But I still think it'll end up better.

I agree with u on it Ayame thats why i cant w8 to see it, and after almost a year im willing even to play with the ones i didnt played yet :twisted:
phoenyxz

Postby Zaiaku666 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 pm

All we can do now is be patient. This is why even though i deleted the game (needed the room) I saved my save files and cg files.
Zaiaku666

Postby Kyo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Zaiaku666 Wrote:All we can do now is be patient. This is why even though i deleted the game (needed the room) I saved my save files and cg files.

I could be wrong, but saving the old data might be useless if certain scenes and stuff get changed with updates. I THINK it's happened with a few older versions of the game already, but I'm not sure.
Kyo

Postby Zaiaku666 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:06 pm

the fuck it, I'll play it again.
Zaiaku666

Postby Darthan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Kyo Wrote:I could be wrong, but saving the old data might be useless if certain scenes and stuff get changed with updates. I THINK it's happened with a few older versions of the game already, but I'm not sure.

You are, Kita has been careful about making sure that save data will be compatible between versions. That is why there is always a room at the end of the new content that tells you you have reached the end that you cannot save in.
Darthan

Postby TheDemonofChaos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:43 pm

this is my favorite h game of all time much love and impatiently waiting on new update
TheDemonofChaos

Postby Kyo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:47 pm

TheDemonofChaos Wrote:this is my favorite h game of all time much love and impatiently waiting on new update

If it's because of the scenes, as I understand it the next few updates will be more focused on the story than the scenes themselves. (The scenes will still be there of course, but I think next update only adds like 11 or possibly even fewer, instead of the two dozen + the Rouges Division has now. I could be wrong, I get all my information second-hand from some of the RPers doing stuff with Kita and people offering "creative" feedback, but yeah. I think alot of the the "obvious" material for scenes has been done already anyway. Could be a good thing or bad thing depending on your perspective.

Also, message 10, can finally send PMs and edit my own posts now >.>
Kyo

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 pm

"Only" adds 11?

Hahahahaha

Broseph, with the quality of the things, 11 in one update is likely to be worth the time spent waiting.
And the fact that said quality is a priority JUST paints a more hopeful picture still.
*nods*

The Rogues' division scenes didn't all get added in at once, after all.

While it's good to remind people of the probable number of scenes, nonetheless I have 99.99% confidence that this game won't be another case of waiting a year for garbage.
Lucky777

Postby TheDemonofChaos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Exactly I've been playing ever since .006 so any scene especially after nearly a year is going to be awesome. also 8x11=88. I am a perfectionist if i dont have a scene i get it asap.
TheDemonofChaos

Postby Kuragari » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 am

I really wish an update would come out. I want to see what 'grand' things have been added to the game, and whether the wait has been worth it.
I'm not saying that it won't be awesome to play when it finally comes out, but there is a certain thing known as hype, and it could be that when it finally comes out, the update will not meet our expectations.
Kuragari

Postby Seyser Koze » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Kuragari Wrote:I really wish an update would come out. I want to see what 'grand' things have been added to the game, and whether the wait has been worth it.
I'm not saying that it won't be awesome to play when it finally comes out, but there is a certain thing known as hype, and it could be that when it finally comes out, the update will not meet our expectations.

You realize comments like this make people less motivated to work on something that's supposed to be a fun hobby for them, not more, right?
Seyser Koze

Postby Kuragari » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Seyser Koze Wrote:
Kuragari Wrote:I really wish an update would come out. I want to see what 'grand' things have been added to the game, and whether the wait has been worth it.

You realize comments like this make people less motivated to work on something that's supposed to be a fun hobby for them, not more, right?

And I'll be perfectly honest with you, and blunt. If making the game is a fun hobby for someone, you shouldn't let others comments upset you one way or the other. Now, if the only thing that makes it fun is getting feedback and praise from people playing your game, then yes, your going to get upset when someone says something like what I did, nor should it be a surprise, especially given the length of time that's occurred.

Besides that, if you know real life is going to get in the way, there are ways around that. Its called smaller updates. Yeah, the game might not get finished very quickly, but hey, a small update every two or three months is better than nothing for almost a discord-damned year!

Besides, you really need to look at what I said. I wasn't saying "Oh, the updates going to suck horribly and I'll never touch this game again!" I was saying that people may be thinking that the update is going to "ZOMG WOWZERS ROXER BOXER AWESOMETASTIC MAN LOL n00bs!!!" or some variation of that, and that there's a possibility that when the update comes up, its not going to be as great as they think it will be.

Hype is bad for anything, especially in progress games like this. If some people keep thinking that the long wait means the update is going to be spectacular, that might not go over well if it ends up being below their expectations (which might result in worse comments than I'm making, thus theoretically making this less fun for Kita.)

I was also trying to make the point that patience can only go so far. When it comes to games where multiple people are working on it, and one person has RL issues come up, that's understandable. But with only one person...

Its more a case of that the longer the game goes unupdated, the longer I get the feeling that Kita is either A) Not actively working on it at all, B) Has lost interest in it and is only working on it when he has free time and no desire to do anything else, or C) Is so swamped with the RL issues that he really just needs to make an actual major declaration that an update might not be coming anytime in months, and that the game is on hiatus until he has proper time to deal with it.

I'm rambling here, so I'm going to simply rephrase what it was I was saying so that its better to the ears.

I am looking forward to the update, but unlike some, I am not expecting it to be spectacular until I get the chance to play said update and find out for myself. I'm keeping my expectations low so that way I can't be disapointed.
Kuragari

Postby Kyo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:50 pm

To be blunt...

People constantly nagging him over this is prooobably why he's started doing RPs with his contributors instead of working on the game itself. I've been in a few group chat's with them... while Kita hasn't said much, the others don't think very highly of the constant demand for updates or the community on here. At worst they're pretty viscious, at best this place is a the butt of a few jokes.

That being said, the game hasn't stopped (I've read beta versions of a few of the new scenes), but it's definitely fallen on the "priority ladder" of "fun hobbies" from the sounds of it. Why sit around and write constant smut scenes for an unpleaseable audience when you can spend some time with real friends and good writers and produce something a bit... deeper?

Also, to prove I'm totally not BS'ing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

(Kita=Taki BTW, as if the fact that they're an anagram doesn't make it obvious.)
Don't quote me. I'll edit a message a few dozen times before I correctly word what I want to say, sometimes starting over completely. I don't like the old versions staring me in the face >__>
Kyo

Postby ShadowFax » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Kyo's right Kuragari, it's basic work vs play mentality. Human being's require incentive to work. Generally this comes in the form of payment, we play on our free time, occasionally finding hobbies that seem very much like work but that we enjoy. The problem with making something like this with comments is that in the beginning phases comments are fun and encourage the hobby a little, but as demand grows and more and more people are commenting expecting things on a schedule, that hobby starts to feel like your working, and working for free.

People don't work for free if they can help it (Volunteer work at best, slavery at worst). Basic psychology. Only thing to be done is to stop worrying about when he'll make an update and check back every month or so. If he's having fun and gets back to it, he will start work on it again, if it continues to feel like work, than he won't. As a writer myself, I am VERY familiar with this drive.
ShadowFax

Postby Kuragari » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:09 am

I am simply going to reiterate my point that I made at the end of the last post.

I am looking forward to the update, but unlike some, I am not expecting it to be spectacular until I get the chance to play said update and find out for myself. I'm keeping my expectations low so that way I can't be disapointed.

That is pretty much what I was trying to say in my post above my latest, and simply didn't word it in a 'polite and proper' way.
Kuragari

Postby shin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:54 am

Considering that RPGVX isn't the most simple of programs to use, combined with the use of TDCG, the morality meter, the different character, ect, ect, ect. I'm not too surprised about the long
wait time. Since from taking look at this game (from a creative standpoint) do this on his own, I assume, wouldn't be easy when you mix real life in, and the considerable progress he's made is
something that I find remarkable. I'm not judging or anything, but save some comment after you've tried using the program, since, in my experience, it can get a bit trying.
Check out my project Discipline of Revenge http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
shin

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner