Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.03 (8/21/1

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

DERP. My bad about the grammatical mistakes in the intro; it was originally a comma, but a friend had corrected a different mistake I had and I screwed it all up in the correction process, lol. I'd actually love another proofreader honestly, as I can get pretty tired when writing all the scripts for the game and am prone to making some errors late at night, even without the peculiarities of my writing style. It would be awesome for someone to spot when I mix up stuff like Elynsor with Elysor and so on.

As for respawning baddies in The Chambers, I totally forgot to do that, lol. Seems easy enough to fix, however, so I'll take care of that
sometime this week.

Edit: Sorry, typing from my phone. Thing is messing up...
I have no idea about Macs, so can't help ya there. I would check some FAQS on an RPG MAKER VX website or forums, though, for help with that.

Irine can now sleep with the maid. Your Purity just needs to be low enough in order to do so ;)

Just got done with a short storyline cutscene and 2 new areas, but now I gotta work on the rest of the related scenes.
And yes, you can uhhh...choose to defend yourself at several stages of the turban wearing bandit's h-scene. Don't worry, it's really not as bad as it sounds, lol.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby alooulla » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Aww...Seems poor Asella is'nt as popular as she should be! I adore the Paladin!

Anyway, here's my thoughts. Fantastic game so far, loving it. The purity system is a very nice idea, and its great that half the characters are balanced as pure and the other half differing shades of grey. I also like the options in the hentai scenes.

What i'd LIKE to see in the future...

1) Some more 'attractive' people for the hentai scenes. An old beggar isn't exactly what i want to be reading about, BUT i understand the need to have characters that will 'degrade' the girls. Im looking forward to more girl/girl scenes, as well as some more monsters, such as minotaurs, perhaps kobolds, etc.

2) I'd like more dialogue from the chosen character in the hentai scenes. You write the ladies well, so it would be nice to read their moans/complaints/comments more throughout the sex.

Thats about it for me i guess. Dont take my comments for complaints, as even this small version is enormous fun, these are just things i'd love to see more of. Keep up the fantastic work and if you're accepting donations or anything for the game, i certainly wouldn't object to helping out, and i consider it worth it. So let me know.
alooulla

Postby oni-san » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 pm

okay, so I got it to work with some digging >.>

that, and where are the lesbian scenes at? lol it's all well and good to watch all the guys get the action, but after a while it just makes me jealous >.< where are the girls/dominatrix scenes at? i'd love to have them, and im pretty sure im not the only one >.>
Current Project: None, really.
oni-san

Postby iamnuff » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:03 pm

could you make it so that surrender doesnt take away any hp? you still lose the battle, but after the rape scene you still have as much hp as before? rarther than 1,

as it is, if you get boxed in by loads of guys in the chamber it takes ages to get out, you have to play the same scene over and over, and if you dont have potions you cant fight, because every time you lose you get 1hp,
iamnuff

Postby Popellord » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Before that you had to manually lose which would do the exact thing. I think it is also only a temporary solution. Perhaps he will change it later but at the moment it is working. Without losing any health you could just cheat at certain encounter's. The Gargoyles would be an good example.
Also there's more than enough money to buy potions. If i recall correctly the Gargoyles give about 200G per Kill.
Perhaps KITAmaru will change something.

Edit: I have to admit that there a way to many people in the Chamber. A few less would be better. Currently It's pretty hard to get out without a fight and if you're boxed in you first have to get your purity down before you can start killing them. Perhaps you lost your consciousness and most people left, leaving a single guard? Atleast that would explain how you get your equipment without anyone noticing. With this the enemy could be a bit more spread.
Last edited by Popellord on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Popellord

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Yep, the damage from Surrender is only temporary. Right now you can fuck your way out of a bandit mob but it either ruins your Purity with the black haired guy or forces you to nom the turban wearing guy's dick off. I'm going to make it so that a bandit will disappear after being done with you, as long as that doesn't bother too many people.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm enjoying this game so far. As for the CG or drawn pics, I'd stick with CG for now, as its not bad (though it could be a little less fuzzy) and I actually like it. Once the game is finished, you could go back through and make an optional mode where all the CG pics are replaced by handrawn ones.

I do wish there were more scenes with the bandits and slavers, as well with the other girls about. And choices for some of those scenes.

Other than that, i am deeply enjoying this short demo. I'm going to go through each character.

A thought occured to me. What about making guy characters that are the ones who screw the girl character and giving them a story eg such and such decides that the only way to prove his skills to such and such is to go rescue the princess. Then of course, if the character lost to a bandit or slave trader, they could say "You know, you've got some good skills. Would you be interested in joining the organization?" If you say yes, you get to go kidnap the girl character your person wanted to romance.

Just an idea, looking forward to the next update.
Kuragari

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Haha yeah, my laptop doesn't even have 1600 x 900 resolution as it stands, so once I get a new one I will maybe redo the pics to have higher quality, as even the originals right now are not high def.

There are still tons of h scenes that I need to implement which will take time since I need to do it for every character, so don't worry, unless you have a really weird fetish like scat or whatever.

The Chambers still have a lot of work to be done as you can tell; by the complete version I plan to make it basically a giant sexfest, complete with FxM, FxF, MMF, FMM, futa and so on. But considering the time it takes for me to even make one scene work properly, that might be a while.

I already have two male characters in the database, but have very specific plans for them.

When I do get this hgame done, I was thinking of three possibilities, but these likely wouldn't be until next year. For the third option though, if you want to play a good 3DCG hgame with a male character, I recommend Harem by ker.
1.) Continue the hgame outside the dungeon, so your character can start to ruin marriages and what not if her Purity is low enough or with certain conditions...plus more locales to visit;
2.) Implement a sex slave simulator in the Chambers where you try to screw your way to the top with less combat but more choices and relationship variables;
3.) Create a 'harem mode' where you play a Syndicate member or hero and have your way with
various women, encountering the current female characters as bosses, getting H scenes after beating them.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ExistentialGhost » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Well, if you can provide the scripts I'd be happy to help proofreading them, although, I have played through almost every girl now, and considering the amount of text already written, there's surprisingly very few errors. You and your friend have done a seriously good job :)

Funny, I had more or less the same thought as Kuragari above: what kind of kingdom is this, where the only people willing to risk their neck to rescue a princess are girls? Is there no man up for the job? XD Although, my take on it was quite different. It's obvious that the male characters involved in the unique scenes for each girl are "constructed" within the story, with more or less success (loved the priest, was a little WTF? about the magic academy kid) and thus would make poor choices for playable characters. However, it's not unreasonable for male adventurers to want their chance at gold and glory. However, I really don't see this turning into a yaoi H-game >_< So here's one potential direction:

As a male character, you'd fight your way through the dungeon, on your way to rescue the princess. Should you fall in combat and get captured, you would then be drugged / have your memories tampered with / mind-controlled through magic (pick whichever works best) and forced to have sex with some captured females. Either you pretend to go along with it, or lose yourself in the experience, would be up to you, as the player. Either way, the Syndicate seems to think they can make you into a good "trainer" for newly captured girls. Given some amount of freedom to move around within the compound in order to try out your new "duties", you can indulge in the ample supply of slave girls, shooting your Purity score all to hell, but eventually you will resume your quest for the princess - either to escape with her as you oppose the Syndicate's influence on you, or to make her yours, and stand unrivaled at the top of the organization...

*ahem* Got a bit dramatic there at the end, but you get my drift ;)
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
ExistentialGhost

Postby Kuragari » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Haha yeah, my laptop doesn't even have 1600 x 900 resolution as it stands, so once I get a new one I will maybe redo the pics to have higher quality, as even the originals right now are not high def.

There are still tons of h scenes that I need to implement which will take time since I need to do it for every character, so don't worry, unless you have a really weird fetish like scat or whatever.

The Chambers still have a lot of work to be done as you can tell; by the complete version I plan to make it basically a giant sexfest, complete with FxM, FxF, MMF, FMM, futa and so on. But considering the time it takes for me to even make one scene work properly, that might be a while.

I already have two male characters in the database, but have very specific plans for them.

When I do get this hgame done, I was thinking of three possibilities, but these likely wouldn't be until next year. For the third option though, if you want to play a good 3DCG hgame with a male character, I recommend Harem by ker.
1.) Continue the hgame outside the dungeon, so your character can start to ruin marriages and what not if her Purity is low enough or with certain conditions...plus more locales to visit;
2.) Implement a sex slave simulator in the Chambers where you try to screw your way to the top with less combat but more choices and relationship variables;
3.) Create a 'harem mode' where you play a Syndicate member or hero and have your way with
various women, encountering the current female characters as bosses, getting H scenes after beating them.

Hey, I'm not worried about how long it takes. As long as it gets done, and is fun to play, I'm more than willing to wait.

Its good to hear. Speaking of the chambers, I was wondering. What H Scens are possible, and what choices are available? Also, how exactly does one lower their purity score? So far, I'm basically spamming on the Gargoyles to do it :p

*burns voice* Excellant :D

1)Having an adventure outside of the dungeon would be cool. Perhaps have each character have a major ending that involves either there romance character or their dream coming true, or becoming the biggest whore of the kingdom.
2)Sounds interesting.
3)Now that sounds fun :D Looking forward to it.
Kuragari

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:29 pm

The Chambers of course has the intro scene, which technically is supposed to only happen once--already fixed for next patch. Those damn things took me the longest since each character had a different "customer". Phew.
Afterwards, there are only two other H scenes in the Chambers so far, one for each type of bandit that chases you. If your Purity is around 60 or less, which it can easily be by repeatedly losing to these bandits, you can unlock an option to please them more willingly, which in turn unlocks a variation on the scene. For example, with a low enough Purity, you can do MMF with the black haired bandit or get a facial from the one with the turban. Seriously any H scene can lower Purity to some degree, but choosing to like it will drop your score even further.

I'm probably going to add one more "chaser", and have the rest of the scenes condition based when talking to certain NPC's.

I really like the post dungeon idea, as an overworld style map has a lot of potential for increased game play time thanks to wandering plus random encounters.

The Harem thing would likely be the last possibility or be implemented as a CG memory mode variation after getting far enough in the game. I feel that there are enough games with a male protagonist as it stands, and a lot of good ones at that already.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Crossbow1701 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:36 pm

I haven't played any of the versions yet, but when you do get to version 1.0 then ill do it. Looks good so far from what I've been reading.
Crossbow1701

Postby Kuragari » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Hey man, i suggest playing it now! your missing out.

Also, another out of curiosity, is there a way to tell what purity score you have? And does anything happen if your score drops all the way?
Kuragari

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:52 pm

As I am new to RPGVX or developing in general, when would be a good time to call a project 1.0? When you can go through the game on a full playthrough?

Don't worry, I am actually as much of a FxF fan as anyone! I'll be introducing more female NPC's in the near future as well as a futa, and have just introduced the first male protagonist in my version. It's challenging to make chemistry work with all 8 girls though, hrmm. I just got some more creature mods for 3DCG though so I'm looking to put those to use for next update.

In the future, I've decided that a 0 Purity score will lead to a bad end of sorts upon reaching a certain point or the very end if you play your cards right. I'll probably place an NPC that shows the score to you in the next update or two.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Popellord » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:01 pm

1.0 is atleast for commercial games the version which is found on the first commercially (is that even a word?) sold disc's. You could use the main mission (rescuing the princess) as a milestone. If it's finished you achieved what you originally intended and therefore it's 1.0.
Popellord

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 pm

I see. I think I'll go ahead and use the Princess rescue as a milestone. Though there are at least 20-30 more scenes I want to add before you even see the light of day, unfortunately. Not every room is going to be made of the same tile, however.

Indeed, Ghost--I honestly did forget to make a Claymore-esque excuse as to why the selectable characters are all female, but rest assured that there is a male adventurer or two in the Labyrinth.

While making the intro dungeon scenes, I intentionally avoided making almost any of the customers remotely attractive in order to add to the degradation. Irvine only looks that way cause I couldn't find a default portrait that looked enough like Remus from Lunar I, loooooool! Could be fixed in the future if people wanna do it with that guy badly enough, which is doubtful.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 pm

1. You say you'll have the bandits disappear when they're done with you, but hold on a bit, bro : O

Right now you have a good way to grind, namely making sure you get surrounded by bandits AS WELL AS turban dudes. The bandits only disappear when you get the threesome scene done, which means you can fuck your way out of the mob when you're done grinding to a sufficient degree.
If the bandits disappear as soon as they're done, grinding will run the risk of getting mobbed by turban dudes, from which you cannot escape unless you either rely on biting (unacceptable) or fighting (not always going to be possible).

Thus, I object.

2. Say, that 0 purity ending, will that be implemented in a way that makes it so that you join the syndicate and end up fighting off and capturing the other peeps who came to save the princess, or anything like that? Would be pretty cool, I thinks.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Nah, I meant make ALL of them disappear after a scene. Lol.
And yes, becoming a traitor will be an ending, when I get there.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 pm

AH, the turban dudes can disappear after either scene too. Well, that's fine by me, as long as there's SOME way to grind.

Also

Fuck yes, joining the right side is an ending. I officially like your game twice as much now.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:21 pm

LOL. Another way to explain the overabundance of men in the Syndicate is...look at their employee benefits (discount use of the Chambers). I mean how easy would recruiting be? 'Hey guy. You like to fight? Or do you at least like sex with women? Want diplomatic immunity and a great retirement plan? Join Redclaw!'
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner