The Dungeon (RPG VX) v0.3b (Updated: 22.9.2012)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which is your favorite monster so far? (CG and as an opponent)

Bandit
10%
Orc
12%
Witch
34%
Gargoyle
12%
Demon
31%

Total votes : 67

Re: RPG Maker VX Project

Postby Yagoo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:17 am

I hope you're still working on this.
Yagoo

Re: The Dungeon (RPG Maker VX Project)

Postby warlord42 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I found some time to work on it and spent most of the time learning the variables and switches so it aint much but nevertheless, I have posted a new version.
warlord42

Re: The Dungeon (RPG Maker VX Project) v0.11

Postby raziel321 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 am

This looks good so far. I like how you use 3D Sex Villa and I think it looks better than 3DCG which a lot of people (including me) are using for their RPGs.
But I'd like to make a suggestion concerning the Game Over Rape. I must admit I'm not a big fan of that mechanism since it rewards players for loosing, but I'm not going to bitch about that. But you may think about some kind of respawn after a player looses a battle instead of a game over. That way I can loose and go on afterwards, I only have to walk a little to get back to my old position.
Also, some minor bugs:
- After the scene with the orc the picture just stays and the game goes on (at least I could open the menu), but I can't really do anything, since the picture blocks everything. I think you forgot a game over there
- The events for the ladder are action button based. You should switch to player touch, especially when going up. I was looking for the right field to go up again, since it wasn't the top of the ladder
- The shovel on the top floor isn't usable. I thought it's the mining tool that's required to get the boulder away. But maybe you just haven't added the according events or there's another mining tool somewhere, that I missed

That's it so far. I'm looking forward to future versions :)
raziel321

Postby warlord42 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Hey raziel321, thanks for your post!

Concerning the Game Over Rape. I'll take that in thought.
Concerning the other things you mentioned:
- The Orc scene now ends with a game over properly. How could I forget that. :oops:
- I've changed the ladders to be on player touch.
- The shovel isn't usable. The mining tool is in the open crate on the second floor ;)

The changes will come with the new version when I get that done.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!
warlord42

Postby Kagekaton » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:40 am

Just been rummaging through the different games on here and i came across yours, i really like it, the concept is solid, i like the game over idea, and i have used rpg maker vx a lot in the past and i still remember most of it, if you would like i could always give you a few pointers.

That being said, is v 0.11 the latest? and if so then what i downloaded from the link doesn't match up with what you said you had fixed, the orc screen still stops with the picture, and the ladders still only work when i hit enter.
Kagekaton

Postby warlord42 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Hello Kagekaton,

Thank you! That's kind of you! :)

0.11 is the latest and does not include the fixes. The next version will include the fixes and add a new floor. But I'm making slow progress, as I have been quite busy yet again...
warlord42

Postby Kagekaton » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:10 am

Ah, i guess that would explain it :oops: looking forward to updates! :D
Kagekaton

Re: The Dungeon (RPG VX) v0.2 (Last Update: 11.12.2011)

Postby warlord42 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:06 pm

New version is up! Download link in first post.
warlord42

Re: The Dungeon (RPG VX) v0.2 (Last Update: Dec, 11 2011)

Postby Secretsense » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Just started the game and i freeeeeeakin love it lol x Great game over, i do have to admit sometimes the language is a tad off in the rape scenes. Other than that its excellent.
Secretsense

Postby potmasiero » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:09 pm

I have problems downloading from megaupload. Could someone upload it on another host please? Thank you.
potmasiero

Postby thomas111114 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:08 pm

links not available :(
thomas111114
Newly Registered

Postby fragilefaerie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:32 am

I didn't have a problem downloading it....

Overall, I like it! I want more! lol But I have two notes:

1.) Secretsense already mentioned it, but the lanuage... Mainly grammar is off. That kind of draws my mind out of the story, but it's not thaaaat bad.
2.) The next thing is... I want more! lol I know you're busy, busy and real life gets in the way but I am eagerly awaiting another update! :D
fragilefaerie
Newly Registered

Postby warlord42 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Thank you all! I'm glad you like the game so far :D

I know my grammar fails, so I have an idea! If anyone wants to contribute to my game, I would be very grateful if he takes some time, to repair all of my grammar mistakes and PMs me with the corrections. You will be in the credits!

Also, I have added a new download link from mediafire. I hope that works for the people that can't download from megaupload!
warlord42

Postby Kagekaton » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 pm

If i remember right this has been brought up before, but i have suddenly become slightly frustrated and didn't feel like looking again, but I noticed that if you get into more than one fight (at least from the past two times of trying) you are pretty much screwed...literally, i feel that while the monsters really aren't that strong, neither is the player character, i'm all for a challenge but there is just something about not being able to take two enemies in a row that bugs me >.<

i was thinking that while beefing up yourself or nerfing the enemies IS a possibility, i was thinking that adding one or two things may be a better solution, maybe a skill that you could use to do more damage, some armor to take a hit better, or even just one or two more health potions would help tremendously. As it is right now both times i tried i ran into an enemy a level, and am yet to see what you have added, and that makes me very sad!

EDIT: In my haste to complain i decided to give it one more go and discovered...my luck must suck i went through again flawlessly, got potions from some orcs gained some levels, found a skill, got a couple high potions and a shield, then bought some potions...very nice job on the new floor!
Kagekaton

Postby raziel321 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:02 pm

I know this doesn't heal the disease but only the symptoms, but you can flee when in combat. This way you can see what content is available for us :)
raziel321

Postby warlord42 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Ah, thank you very much :)

Anyone up for the grammar fixing job? =3
warlord42

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 pm

If you have the writing in some format other than the game itself - like a wordpad or a .txt or something - I can whip some of the most basic errors into shape, though I don't promise anything literary.

I don't actually plan to play through the whole game looking for grammatical errors though, and it's best to say up front that I can't promise perfection.

If that's all right, we'll see what I can do.
Lucky777

Postby Kagekaton » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:43 am

raziel321 Wrote:I know this doesn't heal the disease but only the symptoms, but you can flee when in combat. This way you can see what content is available for us :)

That is a very valid point...i guess i'm just used to some other games where running away is impossible >.<...i hate that by the way lol

And as for fixing the grammar, while for some it is important, honestly for me i read too fast most of the time to even notice :lol:
Kagekaton

Re: The Dungeon (RPG VX) v0.2a (Last Update: Dec, 13 2011)

Postby warlord42 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:59 pm

0.2a update (13.12.2011) (No new content sorry.)
- fixed many grammatical errors (Done entirely by Lucky777. Thanks pal!)
- edited every monster's dialogue a bit (deleted a bit here and there to fit the chat box)
warlord42

Re: The Dungeon (RPG VX) v0.2a (Last Update: Dec, 13 2011)

Postby raziel321 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:59 am

All right, finished the next part. I played the "regular" 0.2, so if you did anything that's following in my suggestions in 0.2a, just ignore it

- When you collect the rope and then go to the hole, the rope is already there, some short interaction would be nice (I collect the rope, I go to the hole, use it and then the rope appears)
- Lee doesn't have an avatar picture. You could use your own avatar for that, so it shouldn't be that much work
- The text is written as if the enemies identifier is it's name (It is 'Gargoyle likes to do this and that' while 'The gargoyle ...' would be nicer). This may be one of the points you already fixed in 0.2a, so if it is, ignore
- You should put an end message to the location where the current version ends. At the end of the third floor there's a hole with rope, but it's just not usable (At least I think that's the end)

After all my criticism also some positive words: The game looks good so far, especially the scenes are very well done. I hope we get to see more in the future :)
Also, are you interested in using a CG-script for your game? I worked on one for Harem and you could use it too. I'd need to do some changes since your game is based on game over rape, but that would be easy.
raziel321

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner