Discipline of Revenge (Finished)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Discipline of Revenge V.03 (12/26/2011)

Postby moonblack » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi

After some hesitation I decided to register and post this even though most of those things might have been fixed already:
1) The fires in the starting village are not moving, so they seem more like something painted on the buildings than actual fires. You should turn on Stepping Animation for them
Also in the starting village, the enemies should permanently disappear when killed. If grinding is necessary it can be done on the next map, versus the fairies
2) On the map after the fairies: The two big wooden chests become small red chests when opened
3) Typo at the town entrance: The right guard says “Your a little early”. It should be “You’re a little early”
4) Typo on the second floor of the inn: “Feal free” should be “Feel free”
5) The inn’s cellar” You can walk through the walls
6) The girl that says “You’re coming with me” is at the gestival area even after you speak to her, so she seems at two places at once. It seems like you meant for her to no longer be at the festival, but forgot to set up a second event tab to handle that
7) The sprites of all the sleeping and drunk people change depending on the direction you speak to them from. You should turn on Direction Fix for all of them.
8) Sewers 2A and 3A seem to be inaccessible.
9) The guard blocking the ship acts as if I have already saved the king, even if I just arrived in town. It’s because you forgot to set up a switch
10) There’s a chest in the sewers that cannot be reached because the way to it is blocked by a grouip of rats that remain there even after you kill them. Those particular rats should permanently vanish when killed
11) The battle with the Demon Rat can be repeated any number of times. You should make the Demon Rat permanently vanish once killed.
12) The guy that asks you to kill the demon rat should go home once you have completed the mission, not stay in the pub and confuse you by asking for something you have already given him
13) Entering the castle is impossible even after you join a guild because it requires switch 16 to be on but completing the demon rat mission turns on switch 25.
14) After saving the King Seraphina says she’ll wait on the ship, but does not leave the party. Same with Nyx.
15) If Nyx is in the party when you defeat the assassin, switch 23 is not turned on, so the King does not notice that he has been saved.
16) If’s really easy to miss the Queen scene, since you can get it only if you speak to the King before accepting the mission to stop the assassin. For people that like to explore it’s very easy to get the mission before visiting the King. I recommend changing it so that you can get the scene only after saving the King
17) It is also possible to not get the ship from the King. This is due to the fact that if you speak to the King after receiving the assassin mission but before defeating the assassin Self Switch A is turned on and the King acts as you have already saved him – even if the assassin is still alive.
18) Typo when "meeting" the princess: "sp gppd" should be "so good"
19) The beds in the ship cannot be activated because the events have priority Below Character. They should have priority Same as Character
20) The lack of an Inn in the second town is rather annoying, as you need to either go back all the way to the first town to rest, or use potions until you have joined a guild and can rest there.
21) The chest in the castle also changes appearance after it is opened

That’s all for now. Overall it’s a good start and I look forward to seeing the next version.
moonblack

Postby shin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:12 am

Thank you. I mean really...........thank you. I will fix these errors for the next update
Check out my project Discipline of Revenge http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
shin

Postby shin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 am

Hi everyone I just want to tell everyone that the game has not been abandoned. I am going to put to the game on hold for a month or so and will come back in a while with a massive update. Thank you everyone for the support and see you all in a month or so.
Check out my project Discipline of Revenge http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789

shin

Postby shin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:03 am

A new update is up now. I can use a new writer since I haven't been able to get in touch with my current writer.
Thanks everyone.
-Shin

shin

Postby axmanjack » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:42 pm

What do you need written?
axmanjack

Postby moonblack » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Most issues have been fixed. The few I noticed are all minor:
1) Typo: In the guild of the Night you are told to "finish a request on the bounty bored". "bored" should be "board"
2) Typo: In the princess scene "princess's tlips" should be "princess' lips"
3) Minor: The drunk guy outside the pub in the poor part of the city: You need to turn on Direction Fix for him - currently his sprite changes depending on which direction you speak to him from. All other events with this problem seem to have been fixed
4) Minor: The chest in the castle changes its appearance once it is open
5) Minor: You should turn on Stepping animation for the two fireplaces in the castle
Nothing that can't wait until v 0.4.

You've done a great job fixing the reported problems.
moonblack

Postby shin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:28 pm

I am looking for someone that can write h-scenes for me, edit some of my written work, and can just give me basic ideas on the story line. If you want to help out send an h-scene as an application to [email protected]

Thanks everyone!
-Shin

shin

Postby shin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 am

Thanks for the tips moonblack I fixed all of those, and as you said they will all be updated in the next update. Once I find someone to help finish the scenes, then
I will work on some of the game play and will update again.

P.S. I posted earlier that I would take some time off. I will retract that statement and I will work on the game progress.

Thanks everyone!
-Shin

shin

Postby hmm!?! » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:30 am

FIst off , this is a great game...
Second can someon help me Im stuck, I have no idea what to do.
I beat the demon rat and joined a guild. Each time I talk to the king he ask me if i have decided what the reward was.
Please help

HMM :!: :?: :!:
hmm!?!
Newly Registered

Postby hmm!?! » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 pm

? I sumited something last night and it didnt post?
Anyway great game!
BUt im stuck and need help... I beat the demon rat and each time i talk to the king he always asked what i want as a reward
and i dont know what to do please help me!
hmm!?!
Newly Registered

Postby aderidan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:40 am

When you finished the King quest with the demon rat, did you carefully read what he said?
He asked you to join one of the guild before you go talk to him in castle.

P.S.: Really good job on the game, I love it)
aderidan
Newly Registered

Postby moonblack » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:17 pm

As long as you have less than 10 posts any new posts you make have to be approved by a mod before they become visible.

As for what to do: There's an NPC in the guild you joined that you should speak to...
moonblack

Postby hmm!?! » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks moonblack for explaining and helping me with the game
hmm!?!
Newly Registered

Re: Discipline of Revenge V.04 (2/21/2012)

Postby shin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:41 am

I hope that anyone who plays this game could do me a huge favor.
I would like anyone to post what class they think the next character should be.
The classes are:
Pirate
Assassin
Dark Knight
Thief
Cleric

Thanks everyone
-Shin

shin

Postby viper2003923 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 am

as far as the next class goes id like either the assassin or the cleric, we could definitely use a healy type class, but the assassin could be fun too. now i have a question ive been trying to find that damnable demon rat for forever and STILL havent found it can someone tell me the solution to find the damned thing or at least hints?? tyvm

EDIT: nvm i found him
viper2003923

Postby BlueBody » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 am

zomg, update! :D

class vote: cleric!
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby moonblack » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

What skills do these classes have? I vote Cleric if that means some healing spells.
moonblack

Postby shin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 pm

The classes will have skill that you would expect. I was just using those as easy examples, but the actual classes will be renamed. The pirate will be a more power based class, Assassin speed based, Dark Knight power and status effects, thief more items and speed based, cleric healing and support not many attacks but maybe a few.

shin

Postby yillsemkcuf » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 am

Cleric b/c she has a staff to play with ;-)
PS
The weapons in the snow plane aren't useable :-(
The "eight men" are broken you can find r b w o without the ticket and with the ticket you can find r b w o d but not the other 3 letters
"A Pessimist is what an optimist calls a Realist."
yillsemkcuf

Postby pineapple1029 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 am

First, Wow, awesome game. I like it. Good work!
Is there any chance that there will be an enemy HP bar? or am I just too lost to find it?

Also, the castle courtyard (no idea what the city name is) seems to be buggy in v0.4 (inescapable), not that there is too much out there anyway.
Just save before you go out, there is only 2 people (a princess who brings a h-scene... forcefully, and the other is trimming the garden... exciting! No items).
shin Wrote:The classes will have skill that you would expect. I was just using those as easy examples, but the actual classes will be renamed. The pirate will be a more power based class, Assassin speed based, Dark Knight power and status effects, thief more items and speed based, cleric healing and support not many attacks but maybe a few.
As far as voting, I would go for a thief class, but only if you got interesting traits outside of battle (such as pickpocketing?)
Otherwise I would vote for a Assassin (Poisoned blade maybe?), though it is a tough decision, the dark knight is tempting (are there any details on these "status effects?")

I made a map for the Nivalis Farm, since it requires luck rather than skill. (Let me know if you want this taken down, I didn't intend to harm your game/offend your efforts)
I found a bastard sword and 2000g (Not sure if items vary per game).
Map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Red squares are areas that will collapse, blue lines are were the majority of the safe areas are (There are indeed multiple paths to the chests)Image
(I apologize for poor quality, I forgot that jpg files I downgraded when saved in MS paint, should have used a converter)
*I hope that all games have the same maze :(

I would upload as an attachment, but it only shows the full size (at least in preview) and I can't block it out with a spoiler tag :|
If anyone knows a trick, please tell me. I don't like that image hosting sites seem to take down your images if it doesn't get enough hits.
pineapple1029
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner