RPG Maker Hentai. New game concept

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: RPG Maker Hentai. New game concept

Postby StarkePT » Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 am

ker Wrote:There is a soft-cap to the size of VX games. If you want to release them encrypted (most of us do, lets us keep the sausage-making in the kitchen so to say) the encryption of VX only allows for files of 120mb or so. I'm not sure if VX-ACE fixes that or not. What I've been having to do lately is convert the .png files that 3dcg produces to .jpg which reduces their size dramatically at a minimal quality loss in order to keep within that budget. If I didn't, Harem would already be pushing 400mb downloads for just the core game.

If Ace doesn't break that rule, you could release unencrypted and just rar the folder where the game is although with the chaotic state of downloading services atm, you'll still run into all kinds of issues distributing a game of that size.

My last piece of advice is plan your story with a pencil. The better your characters are the more they will dictate the story to you. If you resist that, you weaken the characters. If you had told me a year ago that I'd be writing scenes where you're anally raping a demoness I'd of laughed at you, but that's the next one in the queue ;).

If you say so it must be true but yes, for what I've heard VX Ace fixed the compression size cap.
StarkePT

Postby ker » Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 am

StarkePT Wrote:If you say so it must be true but yes, for what I've heard VX Ace fixed the compression size cap.

That alone would give me reasons to buy it IF it were compatable with VX games. But the thought of manually transfering even existing content over to Ace means that Harem will be VX until it's finished. Although I'll probably switch to Ace for any future projects.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby StarkePT » Mon May 14, 2012 8:51 am

ker Wrote:
StarkePT Wrote:If you say so it must be true but yes, for what I've heard VX Ace fixed the compression size cap.

That alone would give me reasons to buy it IF it were compatable with VX games. But the thought of manually transfering even existing content over to Ace means that Harem will be VX until it's finished. Although I'll probably switch to Ace for any future projects.

We can do something about the "purchase" since I bought it, no reason for two of us to do so xD
StarkePT

Postby StarkePT » Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am

So update time? Right.

Well on the past 24 hours it all has been about personalization. In a crazyness I deleted ALL the items, ALL the weapons, ALL the armors, ALL the accessories, ALL the spells. You get the picture, just everything. Why?

I didn't like the names, I didn't like the animations, I didn't like the way they looked, well yeah pretty much sums it up. I am going to make everything from scratch (going faster than one might think) so that the game in the end looks better and more refined.

What's funny? I thought I erased ALL my work in the project today, I was going to abandon the project immediately (since I would lose days of work, pretty much everything I created in RPG Maker) but gladly, it wasn't so, dodge a bullet there :lol:
StarkePT

Postby Flugue » Mon May 14, 2012 4:56 pm

So the Gods choose the same kid? Kind of sounds irresponsible...for you know, Gods. They manage to lead armies against each other but they make that mistake?
But yeah it's a good story. Kind of a Fable thing going on there. Can't wait to rape every living thing I see. :lol: :lol:
Flugue
Newly Registered

Postby StarkePT » Tue May 15, 2012 2:05 am

Flugue Wrote:So the Gods choose the same kid? Kind of sounds irresponsible...for you know, Gods. They manage to lead armies against each other but they make that mistake?
But yeah it's a good story. Kind of a Fable thing going on there. Can't wait to rape every living thing I see. :lol: :lol:

They are not "Gods" per sé, they are just revered as such, think of them as beings of immense power (not exactly good vs evil) that play chess with humans, one of them is winning so they decide to add two new puppets to the battlefield, only that they pick the same one. There is a reason they pick the same child, let's just say that one of the warriors of the current winning side is immensely strong so his son should provide for a great vessel of such power, the "light" god will give the child powers because who else would be better to carry such power other than the son of the greatest warrior of Alansya (the light kingdom), the "dark" god however shares a similar line of thought, who would be better to carry such power other than the son of the biggest enemy of Arkanthos (the dark kingdom), and in the process, punish said warrior by turning his son against him, what father would strike against his son even if it meant the downfall of a kingdom? So... it ... Is... on :twisted:
StarkePT

Postby ker » Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 am

Similar stories already exist (Job) of the differing deities fighting over a single humans affections and can lead to an interesting storyline as they both try to assist and hinder the character based on your actions. Essentially a battle between the sides within a single human. It's a good basis to form a game around.

And for the game, you'll probably want to move to a cloud service eventually. It makes collaboration easier when people start helping you out and also serves as a good backup. If your interested send me a PM and I'll let you know what tools I use in developing Harem.

I don't worry about sharing Ace with me. When I'm ready to use it, I will purchase it either way.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby StarkePT » Tue May 15, 2012 3:56 am

ker Wrote:Similar stories already exist (Job) of the differing deities fighting over a single humans affections and can lead to an interesting storyline as they both try to assist and hinder the character based on your actions. Essentially a battle between the sides within a single human. It's a good basis to form a game around.

And for the game, you'll probably want to move to a cloud service eventually. It makes collaboration easier when people start helping you out and also serves as a good backup. If your interested send me a PM and I'll let you know what tools I use in developing Harem.

I don't worry about sharing Ace with me. When I'm ready to use it, I will purchase it either way.

Cloud service? Kinda lost here. Care to enlighten me? :D

ANYWHO, update time guys! So today I had to do a lot of work for well, my job, still got to spend 4 hours (wow) around RPG Maker, so what have I learned/did today? Gathered a lot of animation resources, just found out I wanted to have 4/5 different animation spells for different elements, earth, water, ice, fire, etc. but RPG Maker was scarce on this type of resource so I had to do a little bit more of research and creation with photoshop and image ready. I think I'm done here, tomorrow I'll probably finish the spells tab which is a great thing since then I'll be able to switch over to the classes and finally the weapons! (which is my to do order of things atm).

What else... Oh! Just found out how to remove the train system (basically having the party characters follow you around like Pokémon Yellow when Pikachu follows you or Golden Sun), I don't know if people like these, don't like these, anyway, I opted out for not having it (can switch later).

Weather effects! Just conjured a massive storm in the first battle, learned about auto-setting events without the hero needing to have any sort of interaction with it, cool stuff, cool stuff.

Wrote a little bit more of the game story, it's amazing how much the story switched so much already in 3 or 4 days, somethings just make more sense or sound/look better in some other way, for example, if the Light God was more powerful than the Dark God, why would he not just destroy him? Or why would he agree with such a retarded plan as in making a human being super powerful? No, the gods have no "alignments" they just protect different kingdoms and one happens to be a good kingdom while the other is full of twisted citizens, rape, mass murder, etc. but overall, just chess pieces in a game played by this two Gods (who may or may not be brothers and may or may not be the final bosses of the game).
StarkePT

Postby StarkePT » Tue May 15, 2012 8:29 am

Ok, I am done for today but the first stage of the game is almost ready! Did a LOT of switches and variables today so... What I am excited to say is: I am going to send KITAmaru (since he was the first person to help me out with RPG Maker and he was the one to give me the fever, also props to Ker and Seyser Koze for the huge help) the game in the state it is right now, and see what he thinks of it and give me his professional opinion, hopefully the first 30 minutes of the game and two H-Scenes will come out very very soon after his approval/disapproval.

Right now I'm going to give the game progress a little break and dedicate myself to the creation of H-Scenes and get used to 3D CUSTOM GIRL. Wish me luck.
StarkePT

Postby dariusthethird » Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Cool idea. Any clue on when your going to release it?
All men must die... someday
dariusthethird

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 16, 2012 5:00 am

dariusthethird Wrote:Cool idea. Any clue on when your going to release it?

The first part should be released some time next week for sure, I don't want to set a specific date but Monday should be ready.
StarkePT

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 am

can't wait to try/see how it is dood and lol i was going to do the same for KITA XD (let him take the first look since he helped me out big) and since you helped out i would gladly let you see mine as well (for helping me out just as much) :3
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 16, 2012 4:29 pm

ZeroEXE.ZX17 Wrote:can't wait to try/see how it is dood and lol i was going to do the same for KITA XD (let him take the first look since he helped me out big) and since you helped out i would gladly let you see mine as well (for helping me out just as much) :3

I helped KITA out a lot also, constant upgraded walkthrough for his game, ideas, bug testing for hours, etc., but as far as RPG making being involved, he definitely has the upper hand in our relationship xD
StarkePT

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Please take the discussion to the release topic that you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2307
StarkePT

Postby tranquil_lion » Tue May 29, 2012 4:21 am

i can't download it because i don't use winrar, any chance you have a version to download with winzip? just seems to make me hesitant to want to play if i have to spend money to someone else just so i can extract it in order to play it, also seems to be an insult to you when you're not the one getting paid if the game is boss.
tranquil_lion
Newly Registered

Postby Red.Sheer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 pm

EDIT: whoops, old thread <.<
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

Postby maximilianos » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:03 am

Tortugokamikaze Wrote:Well, enough lurking already...

I am following Despair Labyrinth very closely and I know that you take these things seriously, so I certainly have great hopes of you delivering an amazing game Starke ;)

By the way, I'm Spanish... Hello neighbour! haha

Well, hope you release soon, so we can give you our opinions and some insight or something...

Tortugokamikaze...
watched any asdf movie involving mineturtles.....
(if not, watch the last one, but only the ones by tomska)
I often find myself thinking that most people are utter shite. I try to be positive and prove myself wrong. So far I've yet to succeed in doing so.
On the otherhand: I know a few of the actually great people out there and that makes me happy enough.
maximilianos

Postby BlueBody » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:01 am

afgalgisadhasfukshdf cannot wait to sink in my teeth into a new game! :D
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Previous

Return to Creative Corner