Lets us may be make AS3 version of LoK ?

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Lets us may be make AS3 version of LoK ?

Postby IrrelevantComment » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Still throwing it out there that I have already converted the entire game to AS3 (except sound... fuck sound) with no lag issues and several improvements...
IrrelevantComment

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Add: mess / Armor change / All location from original version / Removed some bags in code /
Now i will add some text on buttons - make components invisible and etc. May be remove some bags if i find them :mrgreen:

Then i think i will post *.fla and all that will need ;)

As i expected - it takes 2 weeks :lol:

In future may be i will take some content from Legend Of Krystal another tales (already take some buttons :mrgreen: :D ) / may be add game save or ingame chat.
Or may be i will not :lol:

By the way find good site with Krystal :lol: :
http://www.onegai.su/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=235
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby IrrelevantComment » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Eh, I did it in a week and a half

[/pettiness]
IrrelevantComment

Postby Basque » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Hey IrrelevantComment! I downloaded every .fla I've seen you post and I'm really impressed with what I've seen! It seems like you know a hell of a lot more about Actionscript than I do! :lol: Unfortunately, it seems like everything I've gotten from you is broken. When I try to test what I believe is your most recent version, I get the following:

Output Wrote:WARNING: Actions on button or MovieClip instances are not supported in ActionScript 3.0. All scripts on object instances will be ignored.

Compiler Errors Wrote:Symbol 'Arwing Krystal Scene', Layer 'Actions', Frame 188, Line 3 1119: Access of possibly undefined property experience through a reference with static type Krystal.

It looks like the line it is referring to is the experience added in the scene.

Did this happen for you too, or did the file get corrupted somehow? Would you mind posting your latest .fla, the associated .as files and the working .swf version? I really think you're doing the right thing and I'm trying to make a custom version as well, so it would be really great to have your work and be able to talk to you about it.

As far as making a custom version of LoK in Actionscript 3.0 everything I've scripted myself works fine but when I try to use any of the old assets it seems like the Actionscript 2.0 coding breaks something. IrrelevantComment, I can't even use the basic Krystal template because some coding in the messy MovieClips breaks the flash. How did you get around that? I saw that you created an array of numbers for it in your Krystal.as and used the function SetMessFrame which seems like a smart way to handle it but since I can't get your version to play I'm not sure what works or not.

IrrelevantComment's version is MUCH smaller in size than the other versions so I assume it's much more efficient. It's the closest to what I'm trying to do as well so it would be fantastic to see it working. IrrelevantComment again if you're up for talking it would be great to hear about how you did this so fast!
Basque
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:29 pm

But i find a good site with Krystal ;) :mrgreen: :lol:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby fredinator » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:28 pm

I was always interested in a new version of LoK but I don't care who makes it. I cant since I don't know anything about Flash or Actionscript. I tried but it took to much time to get anything to work and I figured that I leave it to the guys who know how to do it and I thank you for that. If its Irrelevant or Owner ... thank you. :D
fredinator

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:28 am

I hope that people who do not know AS3 will can use my version. But it is impossible to remove all coding as i hope - but it will take as little time as it only possible to make.

You only will need to know how to work with if/else if - and how to do some variable a = 3 for example.

Without any AS3 listeners and other things that no body likes :mrgreen:

Remove some mistakes and a little change added. To change armore click Krystal than choose armor than click Kry again.
I do not know what is better to do with music - it takes so much spase and it is hard to upload fla.
Buy the way it is very easy to add it so may be i will not put some audio files in it. But it makes source file to heavy =(

Soon i will post *.fla and every one who will be interested can try to play with it if some body will want :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby freshi85 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi all

first you all doing great work and I highly appricate the effort you put into this.
I'm just a artist with the pen and know a little about 3d modeling but have no knowledge about flash at all.

this said i got this little question:
is it possible to add a left and right button instead or additional to the arrow keys so it is playable on touchscreen devices?
if this is not to hard you also may point me to a tutorial so I can do it myself.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.

freshi85
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Yes it is possible. I will add a little tutorial a little later. Now i remove some errors in 34 version and add new sex movie that i forget to remake. May be i will add a video how to work with it - but some problem it is big and i do not know where to post it.

I will add new standart component that will let to move like on button press and post here tomorow or may be even today ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Test this one. You need to make in flash new layer and just put this buttons in that frames where you want them to work.

You can make them invisible for player - or make it transparent - you need open button and write :

this.alpha=0;
Or:
this.alpha=100;
Or any number betwen 0 or 100 for example 50;

You can make some picture ot better graphiks of buttons - but do not delete code in it :mrgreen: ;)

If some problems write abouut it - i can think and fix them.

Post 3 version of buttons for touch screen in the my first topic. There is only that is in sample. I can not test what is batter for touch screen so test it on my old PC - so if some thing is wrong with it wright me ;) :mrgreen:
Last edited by OwnerOfSuccuby on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby freakyfurry » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:51 pm

those buttons are way too big. how about smaller buttons and in the corners.
freakyfurry

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:43 pm

If some mistakes in new buttons - tell me - they can be easily fix in future.

And the question is there any animations of Krystal that was not used in original game or may be soe backgrounds/another projects ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Lex_Liven » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:16 am

About touchscreen buttons. Could you make them at the edge of screen? Maybe 1-2 cm width and fullscreen height. And definetly semitransparent.
I'm not sure my english is good, I'm russian. So I'll be please if you will correct me ;) Thank you for understanding.
Lex_Liven

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm

About touchscreen buttons. Could you make them at the edge of screen? Maybe 1-2 cm width and fullscreen height. And definetly semitransparent.

Ok. Try this one:

1-3 cm invisible buttons on right and left side. You can better draw me where to put them - if i understand you a little wrong. ;)
Last edited by OwnerOfSuccuby on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Lex_Liven » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:59 am

Almost great :)
but there is no need to activate it on mouseover - mouse having players will no happy. Touchscreen doesn't have "mouseover" event.
And no invisible! Player will try to drag Krystal, not to hold edge of screen, if it will be look blank.
I thougt about something in this style:
[img]LOK.jpg[/img]
Attachments
LOK.jpg
I'm not sure my english is good, I'm russian. So I'll be please if you will correct me ;) Thank you for understanding.
Lex_Liven

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Some thing like this ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Lex_Liven » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:17 am

Yeah, right! It looks great for my view.
Would it be ridiculous if I say that I don't have touchscreen? :)
Lex_Liven

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm

:mrgreen: I do not have touchscreen too ;) (That is possible to test it)

But i hope it works :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby HohesHaus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 pm

nice idea of adding touchscreen option
HohesHaus

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:01 pm

Thank you ;)

If some body will have some idea write them ;) may be it will be possible to make some thing :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner