Lets us may be make AS3 version of LoK ?

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Lets us may be make AS3 version of LoK ?

Postby SpartianArts » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:38 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:
SpartianArts Wrote:is the big dino the end? and when it will be made complete ...

and are there other krystal games, i'm a very big krystal fan.

Unfortunatly for now it is copy of original game with out some sounds. But it is possible to add some thing if i will have animation and etc..

But it would be real great if you would make a full adventure out of that. :ugeek:
With some real content, and different influence, and yeah i like the story so far.
SpartianArts

Postby fristian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:35 am

What about a new Krystal game with other characters from this board, something along the lines of you have to free them and get your way around switching between the characters to satisfy the needs.
fristian

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 pm

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Funny thing =))) I finnaly run it on my android :lol: If you have good big android with big screen can you tell me do it lug hard on it - i test it on the phone with 2 core - and little screen (it lugs =()

There are 3 important things to do in order to remove lag for flash -> apk games that work extremely well:

1) Make sure when you publish you have the Render Mode set to GPU (this is under Android Options -> General
2) Use as many bitmaps as possible - once an animation is done, covert all the pieces to bitmaps and have them cache
3) On your game load, set the game quality to low (stage.quality = quality.LOW)

These three things will have the following cumulative effect: the bitmaps will be cached directly to the GPU so load times will be insanely fast; in addition by setting the grapics quality to low you will see an even further improvement but because everything is a smoothed bitmap, you won't actually see a decrease in quality AT ALL! It will still LOOK like high quality mode with all your resources stored directly by the phone's GPU.

Alternately, if you want to be balsy, you can dynamically blit your vector animations with AS3 - there are a couple online tutorials for that.

You can theoretically make games run better on mobile platforms than they do on high end computers since the app can access and cache the GPU directly. I am not joking or exaggerating at all when I say these three things can boost performance by about 400%. We are talking 500-1000 objects onscreen without losing 30fps.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Hey, guys, I'm picking this project up. Vinnie and I are getting to work on some animations. Should I post here or Area 52?
Terrantor!!!

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Can I may be help you some how too ? :mrgreen:

By the way if you will make animation can you please post its *.fla files ? :oops: :roll:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:58 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Can I may be help you some how too ? :mrgreen:

By the way if you will make animation can you please post its *.fla files ? :oops: :roll:

You sure can. I know you are a goto guy for coding, and if you can paint, I need armor sets. I've actually got an Animator and I'll post the whole fla when I'm ready to start a thread. ;)
Terrantor!!!

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:49 pm

I think area 52 is still locked down, talk to one of the mods about it. And talk to RP about if you guys wanna name it something else, although I wouldn't worry about a name too much, we certainly didn't when we got that sub section, lol.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 am

Remade original version of LoK 2.0 - to the version for mobile phone on Android. May be some bugs in it :oops: :roll:
Added button for next animation - if it is hard to press button on the screen of mobile device.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:34 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Remade original version of LoK 2.0 - to the version for mobile phone on Android. May be some bugs in it :oops: :roll:
Added button for next animation - if it is hard to press button on the screen of mobile device.

Great! I'm hoping to get it to play on androids!! :) I've got a decent build happening. Right now. If you want the .fla, you can maybe convert that one for touch controls. It's actionscript 2, though, so I dunno how that'll work out alright. Not too heavy code,though.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:58 am

Here's the framework. Needs art work. But all-in-all working. I'm looking into how to communicate with text files, that way i can store variables and read them. If you know anything about that, lemme know!!!:)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

LoK Framework.swf [ 344.69 KiB | Viewed 4195 times ]

Terrantor!!!

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Here's the framework. Needs art work. But all-in-all working. I'm looking into how to communicate with text files, that way i can store variables and read them. If you know anything about that, lemme know!!!:)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

LoK Framework.swf

Try to look about sharedObject - if you want to save / load data - it works like cookies in web browser.

If you need to know how to read it from text (you can not wright in text file simpliciter - flash can not do it as i know) - i know how it will be in AS3 but i do not know about AS2 unfortunatly =( So if you need it in AS3 i can look about it.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 am

Oh, btw, I was wondering if I could work with you on your project, I figure since you're AS3 savvy, maybe I can contribute my skills for the better. All I really wanna see is a complete LoK game, lol. I'm pretty decent with the bone tool. Just let me know, ok?
Terrantor!!!

Postby riddlebox1321 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:32 pm

This is too cool. An actual app for android.
Hmm... I wonder if other finished projects will become apps
My latest side projects: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Xg68C9gNthZnZZNHFOWVBkbDg&usp=sharing
An inactive member of the Sim Brothel development board, still stop by when you're ... bored.
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/
riddlebox1321

Postby IrrelevantComment » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Oh, btw, I was wondering if I could work with you on your project, I figure since you're AS3 savvy, maybe I can contribute my skills for the better. All I really wanna see is a complete LoK game, lol. I'm pretty decent with the bone tool. Just let me know, ok?

I thought you were working on your own LoK project, the A52 one?
IrrelevantComment

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:21 am

@IrrelevantComment
I was; but my computer got jacked by a virus. I'm trying to recover my files, at this point, too lazy to start over, lol. So i figured why not just find a complete version.
Terrantor!!!

Previous

Return to Creative Corner