Jenallia's Wrath; Cancelled as of 11/14/2013

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Should future chapters be released with sex being added as a "patch?" (see blog)

Yes
53%
No
23%
Maybe/no opinion/fine either way
23%
Other (explain)
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: Jenallia's Wrath [Romance/Partial-H] V0.3 (updated 8/20/

Postby masakatsu » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Sounds promising.
masakatsu
Newly Registered

Re: Jenallia's Wrath [Romance/Partial-H] V0.4 (updated 8/26/

Postby Grape_Drink » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:20 am

Version 0.4 is up! Not as on-time as I would have liked to release it, but I had to double-check for bugs and such...

EDIT: Also, yep Pheonix, as it stands the only two "types" that I'll be working with at the moment are traditional and lesbian unless it fits into the story. (If I can make ghosts fit in, sure thing! If I can make an Elven Bandit gangrape scene fit in, then it'll happen! Just depends on if it fits in or not really.)

EDITEDIT:Scratch that, patch 0.41 is up now! I found a critical error in one of the fight scenes right after I updated this post... Hopefully I fixed that fast enough to not have it affect anyone! (Surprisingly enough I found the error in the screenshot!)
Grape_Drink

Re: Jenallia's Wrath [Romance/Partial-H] V0.41 (updated 8/26

Postby MerDeLumiere » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:22 am

One error I can see is that after beating Grom and Lucien you can say 'it's later' even if you didn't ask if he likes you.
MerDeLumiere

Re: Jenallia's Wrath [Romance/Partial-H] V0.41 (updated 8/26

Postby Grape_Drink » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:33 pm

I knew I missed something! I'll have that conditional branch fixed by the next update, hehe. Thanks for telling me!
Grape_Drink

Re: Jenallia's Wrath [Romance/Partial-H] V0.42 (updated 8/26

Postby Grape_Drink » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 am

Slightly updated version... I was in such a rush to release V0.4 this morning that I completely forgot about a scene I was going to include (and I've made a few small fixes since then also) so at the risk of double posting, I present Version 0.42.

Do not bother redownloading it unless you're interested in finding the hidden H-scene. The changes are mostly small and insignificant in this patch.
Grape_Drink

Postby HellWarrior » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Great work. I really enjoyed the game so far. Oh and I just found a typo in 0.42, at the end of the tournament when Lendell has just finished delivering his speech, he says "And I'd like to thank you all for comming" whilst it should be "And I'd like to thank you all for coming".

Other than that. Fantastic work!
HellWarrior
Newly Registered

Postby badwolf23 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:39 pm

I;m not sure if the game is suppose to go past character 1, but after saving for the end of chapter 1 when the maid comes in if you pretend to be asleep she walks into a wall rather then opening the door and the game freezes. If you wake up and talk to her you either choose to dress your self or have her help, either way it says the headmaster appears in the door but the maid dosen't move and the headmaster doesn't appear. Not sure if other people have had this issue/not sure if the game ius suppose to keep going, but from the discussion it seem like it would be a longer game.
badwolf23
Newly Registered

Postby Grape_Drink » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:57 am

HellWarrior Wrote:Great work. I really enjoyed the game so far. Oh and I just found a typo in 0.42, at the end of the tournament when Lendell has just finished delivering his speech, he says "And I'd like to thank you all for comming" whilst it should be "And I'd like to thank you all for coming".

Other than that. Fantastic work!

Ah, awesome thank you. I try and avoid typos while I'm working, but usually once I get past a certain point I'll forget to double check previous points, hehe. Also, congradulations on your first post!

badwolf23 Wrote:I'm not sure if the game is suppose to go past character 1, but after saving for the end of chapter 1 when the maid comes in if you pretend to be asleep she walks into a wall rather then opening the door and the game freezes. If you wake up and talk to her you either choose to dress your self or have her help, either way it says the headmaster appears in the door but the maid dosen't move and the headmaster doesn't appear. Not sure if other people have had this issue/not sure if the game ius suppose to keep going, but from the discussion it seem like it would be a longer game.

Yeah, that's an error on my part. It was running fine, and somehow when I patched up the dialogue, it got glitched out and she refused to walk correctly (she'd always end up one short or one ahead!!!) The headmaster issue was simply a switch activating before the player wait finished (an oversight on my part while editing the begining of chapter 2...)

I've since created a duplicate room with the events isolated from the first room for taking care of that issue, it should be fixed in the next update. (Though from the looks of it I might have to release one more patch later tonight before I work some more on the update...)

Also, welcome to the LoK forums! Please enjoy your stay! :)

So, good news and bad news!

Good News: I found the issue with sound! (I had the BGM settings disabled... D'oh!)

Bad News: The next time I update, the game will likely take up a lot more data (It's gone from 512kb to 26.5mb)

So with this in mind, I'll have to playtest the game a lot more before release to avoid really big patches, I'll have to start compressing the folder instead of just zipping it (I hate those blue RPGmaker cubes...), and I'll have to decide between releasing the small updates that add approx 5 minutes, or do only big updates of 10-30 minutes of playtime...

New poll here in a second!
Grape_Drink

Postby MerDeLumiere » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 am

Large updates for main story, small updates for side features, that's me preference.

Honestly, rape, even fictitious rape, makes me sick to my stomach, it's that revolting. I kinda don't approve of that revelation being part of the story, but... Anyways, I don't think Nytarras gonna be a pacifist much longer, frankly I'm writing a 'people to kill' list for her.

*Hu-hum*

'People to kill:
The rapist posing as a headmaster
The corrupt headmaster who's taking bribes
Lucien. Murderous rapist with some sort of interest in you? Kill him, obviously.

People who're coming close to being on the above list:
Lendell if he doesn't choose his loyalties better next time.
'

Good list?
MerDeLumiere

Postby Immanius » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 am

I voted other...

Unless the music is vital to the game, I'd say leave it out for now. Vorbis (*.ogg,) and MP3 generally get around, what? 1 minute of music per MB of file size? so it seems that you are currently adding enough music to not repeat once for every minute of the game, which seems... unnecessary...

(average playtime using estimate from front page aprox 30 min, 26 minutes of music...)

I do think the story is really interesting so far... I want to find out exactly what was removed from that primer on magic regarding the kineticists... And, the interactions with Jenallia during the public bath scene... hilarious.
Immanius
Newly Registered

Postby Scar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey man just an info!
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The h scene is the masturbation ? Or there are another one ?
Scar
Newly Registered

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 am

Scar Wrote:Hey man just an info!

Yep, for now that's the only one. I have the evil plan of adding in the occasional non-romance/plot H-scene, but they'll be "secret" ones that are hidden in-game (some of them through dialogue, some through secret passages that are not always readily noticeable!

MerDeLumiere Wrote:Large updates for main story, small updates for side features, that's me preference.

Honestly, rape, even fictitious rape, makes me sick to my stomach, it's that revolting. I kinda don't approve of that revelation being part of the story, but... Anyways, I don't think Nytarras gonna be a pacifist much longer, frankly I'm writing a 'people to kill' list for her.

I won't lie, I was looking for that reaction through that little bit of Nytarra's past. Don't get me wrong, it was mostly because it fit into the story (and made the H-scenes easier to program later on since I wouldn't have to do an individual "virginity" switch for each), but it was also partially to, pardon the meme, "rustle people's jimmies." If the player gets a bit upset/angry/etc. with a character or NPC, then it adds a bit to the experience and immerses the player a little better. Obviously I have to balance it (if I use this method too much/don't allow an option that was available earlier on, a player might just stop playing, as I did with ADwR2 and a couple games on here), but a healthy level of "I fucking hate this person" does wonders for a story.

Plus it makes the satisfaction of dealing with a situation all the better if it occurs!

I'd really like to comment on the list, but then I'd be spoiling all the fun.

EDIT:
Immanius Wrote:
I do think the story is really interesting so far... I want to find out exactly what was removed from that primer on magic regarding the kineticists... And, the interactions with Jenallia during the public bath scene... hilarious.

My whole thing I'm worried about with the music is the file size... As it stands, I want to keep the file size as small as possible for as long as possible. With the "no music method," I can install the direct folder instead of people having to extract everything via those nasty blue cubes of death. (I know it's only a 1-5 minute difference, but I'd be more willing to try something out if it only takes a minute or so to download!)

Also, thanks! I'm glad to hear you got a chuckle out of it! :)
Grape_Drink

Postby MerDeLumiere » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:21 am

Immanius Wrote:And, the interactions with Jenallia during the public bath scene... hilarious.

When is this?
MerDeLumiere

Postby Vid » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Er, quick question. Right at the start of Ch. 2, when your maid goes to get the door and it's supposed to be the headmaster, is that the end of what you've completed as of now? Or is that a bug, that nothing happens? I saw you said something about a saving glitch there, is that it, or no?
Vid

Postby Scar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 am

Grape_Drink Wrote:
Scar Wrote:Hey man just an info!

Yep, for now that's the only one. I have the evil plan of adding in the occasional non-romance/plot H-scene, but they'll be "secret" ones that are hidden in-game (some of them through dialogue, some through secret passages that are not always readily noticeable!

Good, more are hidden more are fun to discover :)
Just plz, add something H with Sen ahah :D
Scar
Newly Registered

Postby Grape_Drink » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:56 am

MerDeLumiere Wrote:
Immanius Wrote:And, the interactions with Jenallia during the public bath scene... hilarious.

When is this?

Bathroom's a misc room that the player doesn't actually have to go to, found through the end doorway of the dorms hallway.

Vid Wrote:Er, quick question. Right at the start of Ch. 2, when your maid goes to get the door and it's supposed to be the headmaster, is that the end of what you've completed as of now? Or is that a bug, that nothing happens? I saw you said something about a saving glitch there, is that it, or no?

To answer your question... Both! There's a small bit of dialogue and a "thanks for playing/end of version" message that's supposed to occur, but there was a glitch with a previous event interferring with that one... I fixed it in the next version, but I had to place the player in a duplicate room... So I put a transfer into the new room if the player has the switches, but I have no way to tell if the transfer will work since I have no way to debug. OVerall, people will be better off saving before begining chapter 2, and then just restarting from that point.

I figure since I'm posting I'll make a progress report:

Version 0.5 is going to be a smaller update introducing music and getting the player a little ways into chapter two (I'd say about 1/4th into it). After it's been introduced (bigger filesize and all) I'll let the players decide if they'd prefer if I go to big updates, small updates, etc. through the poll. There's no definitive date set for V0.5 since I've been out of the house lately/homework's been piling up (Calculus isn't so bad, but Music Theory is a pain in the ass...), but I'm hoping to have V0.5 out by Sunday, Monday at the latest. I'm bugchecking a little more heavily after the issues with V0.4's early release/subsequent patches... With this in mind though, I might dissapear for a couple days and not respond, hehe.

The difference between "Big" updates and "Small" updates is that a big update would be 1/2 of a chapter, or a whole chapter if it's a smaller one, while smaller updates would be closer to 1/4th of a chapter, or in some cases, patches that add content to the already existing game.
Grape_Drink

Postby MerDeLumiere » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:56 am

Grape_Drink Wrote:
MerDeLumiere Wrote:

When is this?

Bathroom's a misc room that the player doesn't actually have to go to, found through the end doorway of the dorms hallway.

Oh! Is this in the NEWEST update? Yeah.. You'd added another small update after the one with the full tournament, and you'd said not to download unless... Right, yeah, didn't download that, so it's no wonder I didn't know what scene this was.
MerDeLumiere

Postby moonblack » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Random comments:
1) In the public bath (Map 005) the doors make the character take only a step forward, so the character ends up inside the door. Force the character to take 2 steps forward instead
2) The two girls in the Lounge – set Direction Fix to ON for both so that they would not turn towards the player character when spoken to.
3) It would be nice if the NPCs in the Kitchen and the Lecture Halls had something – anything – to say
4) The doors that lead to the starting room and the bath disappear when open, revealing nothing but wall. I’d recommend replacing the wall behind the doors with something more appropriate, such as Tileset B, Row 9, Column 5
5) A few things I hope we’ll get to see:
- Seducing the female student that claims Lendell belongs to her (at least if Nytarra told her she likes girls) – this could be a nice little side quest of sorts
- Seducing Sen
- Seducing Jenallia
6) At some points I saw the text get cut off. Example: “I don't feel comfortable taking a bath here anymore...” If I remember the rest I’ll list them

That’s all for now.
moonblack

Postby Grape_Drink » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:33 am

moonblack Wrote:Random comments:
1) In the public bath (Map 005) the doors make the character take only a step forward, so the character ends up inside the door. Force the character to take 2 steps forward instead
2) The two girls in the Lounge – set Direction Fix to ON for both so that they would not turn towards the player character when spoken to.
3) It would be nice if the NPCs in the Kitchen and the Lecture Halls had something – anything – to say
4) The doors that lead to the starting room and the bath disappear when open, revealing nothing but wall. I’d recommend replacing the wall behind the doors with something more appropriate, such as Tileset B, Row 9, Column 5
6) At some points I saw the text get cut off. Example: “I don't feel comfortable taking a bath here anymore...” If I remember the rest I’ll list them

That’s all for now.

Yep, a couple of those are already changes that'll occur in the next update... I'll try and fix the bathroom doors. I completely forgot about the kitchen staff when I was working on stuff! (D'oh)

As for...

moonblack Wrote:5) A few things I hope we’ll get to see:
- Seducing the female student that claims Lendell belongs to her (at least if Nytarra told her she likes girls) – this could be a nice little side quest of sorts
- Seducing Sen
- Seducing Jenallia

Well, I can tell you the Sen scene was a given. It'll occur down the road, but there's going to be one of two scenarios... A scene where the player can take advantage of Sen while she's... Oh I don't know injured, drunk, something along those lines earlier on in the game (with a huge approval drop/possibly other consequences attached obviously). And a "romance" one that'll take place much later into the game (say... Chapter 6 or 7?) where they could do the nasty.

As for the other characters... I'm not going to comment too much on the potential roles they currently hold, as it's a bit early on still and I haven't fully decided.

In any case, the update's going to get pushed back to wednesday... Not by choice. I had to shut off my internet today (they've been trying to overcharge me for shoddy internet at best) and the other guys won't get here until then.
Last edited by Grape_Drink on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grape_Drink

Postby moonblack » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:23 am

Question for the mods:
Why does this thread show as having new posts even though I have read all the posts in it? Is it because of an unapproved post, or a forum bug, or something?
moonblack

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner