Jenallia's Wrath; Cancelled as of 11/14/2013

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Should future chapters be released with sex being added as a "patch?" (see blog)

Yes
53%
No
23%
Maybe/no opinion/fine either way
23%
Other (explain)
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: Jenallia's Wrath [Romance/Partial-H] V0.5 (updated 9/5/2

Postby Savyar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Wow just played the game for the first time an i reallly like it The story ia great and i cant wait to find out what happens.

I also really like the text scenes they add something to the game i wouldn't be opposed to scenes with imges but i would prfer the test scenes.

Ah not sure if anyone mentioned this but in chapter 2 if you run into circle in the fairgrounds you will go back to the final battle.

Will it be possible to start and keep multiply romances?

Also I am wondering how many h-scenes are crrently in game
Savyar

Postby Grape_Drink » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:03 am

Aetrun Wrote:So if I understand correctly, the world that you are bringing into focus for us to enjoy is telling you that certain parts need more focus.

Welllll.... It's more along the lines of me saying "I want to turn what was supposed to be a 5 minute piece into a 15-30 minute piece!"

But lets go with that instead!

dragonmaster121989 Wrote:it's good to hear your still getting somewhere with the game i hope your doing well your self

I'm doing alright, actually better than ever now that I've switched my major from Mechanical to Physics and dropped AFROTC. I'm about 20 times less stressed now, so my work is more... Relaxed? Yeah. I think I'll stick with the word relaxed...

Savyar Wrote:Wow just played the game for the first time an i reallly like it The story ia great and i cant wait to find out what happens.

I also really like the text scenes they add something to the game i wouldn't be opposed to scenes with imges but i would prfer the test scenes.

Thank you kindly!

Savyar Wrote:Ah not sure if anyone mentioned this but in chapter 2 if you run into circle in the fairgrounds you will go back to the final battle.

Will it be possible to start and keep multiply romances?

Also I am wondering how many h-scenes are crrently in game

Ahh yes, that... It'll be fixed as of this next update... Actually it would have been fixed in a "bugfix" update except I decided to be lazy and put off on fixing that until this update. Needless to say if someone is in the fairgrounds or really any of the tourney areas, now is a good time to get out of there.

In terms of multiple romances... I'm still working with the idea. The biggest issue will be implementing how it factors in later down the line. For instance Lendell? He'd have serious issues with Nytarra dating multiple people and would have to be coaxed into it over time. Meanwhile someone like Jill? Oh yeah, most definitely. As it stands, most romances will only work if you haven't already activated one. You can try to activate another one, but if (or rather when) you get caught cheating, there's going to be problems. (Forcing you to choose? Possibly ending both of the romances?) By popular demand I am looking into the idea of a "orgyesque" ending if people have the skills to get all the characters to romance with them (it'll be difficult to accomplish though).

Hrm... I believe as of the previous update there should only be two H-scenes, both of which are in the same location. This next update adds 3+ H-scenes and one "partial" comedy H-scene. (I say 3+ because I'm debating whether to add in another, and whether to re-add in the demon one as a skippable H-scene as it was a Gameover Rape scene removed at the last second before the previous update's release.)

Speaking of which... Aside from the purpose of plot significance, I'm trying to avoid rape... And even in that one case it was implied, not shown. I'm seriously torn on this one because I feel like I should add in the skippable Gameover Rape scenes, but at the same time feel as if that'd be conflicting with the whole point of H-scenes in this game being an optional thing that is only at the player's discretion. Poll I suppose.
Grape_Drink

Postby moonblack » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 am

I voted "Boss enemies/specific situations only", however, my actual answer is more of a mix between "Boss enemies/specific situations only" and "I'm fine with it/Gameover rape on normal enemies" (but closer to the former, hence the vote).

It makes sense for some enemies to take advantage of Nytarra and rape her (and possibly the other women in the party). For example, bandits that haven’t been with a woman in some time aren’t very likely to not take advantage of her just because they are not boss enemies. At the same time not all bosses are going to be interested in raping anyone. For example, a Golem that’s been ordered to guard a specific location is going to do just that and nothing more; same with a beast that’s simply guarding its home.

Demons (especially boss type demons) seem like they’ll be very likely to rape Nytarra after beating her (possibly letting her go afterwards if her Sex Skill is high enough and she manages to please them).

So I guess my vote is "Specific enemies only", where it makes sense regardless of whether they are bosses or not. And since any such rapes can be avoided by simply not losing the battle, rape remains entirely optional.

P.S.: There should be a way to skip any such scene - seeing the same scene and over again gets annoying after a while.
moonblack

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 am

moonblack Wrote:I voted "Boss enemies/specific situations only", however, my actual answer is more of a mix between "Boss enemies/specific situations only" and "I'm fine with it/Gameover rape on normal enemies" (but closer to the former, hence the vote).

It makes sense for some enemies to take advantage of Nytarra and rape her (and possibly the other women in the party). For example, bandits that haven’t been with a woman in some time aren’t very likely to not take advantage of her just because they are not boss enemies. At the same time not all bosses are going to be interested in raping anyone. For example, a Golem that’s been ordered to guard a specific location is going to do just that and nothing more; same with a beast that’s simply guarding its home.

Demons (especially boss type demons) seem like they’ll be very likely to rape Nytarra after beating her (possibly letting her go afterwards if her Sex Skill is high enough and she manages to please them).

So I guess my vote is "Specific enemies only", where it makes sense regardless of whether they are bosses or not. And since any such rapes can be avoided by simply not losing the battle, rape remains entirely optional.

P.S.: There should be a way to skip any such scene - seeing the same scene and over again gets annoying after a while.

Yup, kinda what I was implying with the specific situation thing was along the lines of Bandits and such in which it makes sense for those sort of consequences. I was just using "Boss Monster" as a general example.

In terms of Demons... (Spoiler'd for those who want to wait until the rehaul update)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

All demons would technically be a rape situation if you lost to them since that's how they feed/reproduce, I was just using the "game over" at the moment because the scene that had been in place was A. Not to my liking, B. Very brutal, and C. I figured people would disapprove of Gameover rape. I think consequence is a big part in any "loss" situation though. Demons? Sure they'll let you live after they've had their way with you (consider it something like Jenallia expelling them from your body/companion's bodies after you regain full awareness) but because of their food source, Magi would find that their MaxMP might have decreased by 10, something irreversable as of now. An organized group of bandits though? They might take advantage of Nytarra only to take her to the "boss" afterwards and kill her.

Hrm... I think I'll rehaul H-scenes to make them skippable in the rehaul. Same with any longer "cutscenes."
Grape_Drink

Postby dragonmaster121989 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:58 am

will our save games still work after the new update or do i have to go through the tourney again lol that was long
dragonmaster121989

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:45 am

dragonmaster121989 Wrote:will our save games still work after the new update or do i have to go through the tourney again lol that was long

They will with a slight adjustment. Basically depending on where you've saved, you might get a crash due to a missing music file (since the concensus was remove the majority of music). Basically if you take any of the music files and rename it to the missing one, it'll fix that issue. (I'll include step-by-step instructions on the first page when the next update is released.)

EDIT: The reason it does this is because your save is still running that missing music file even though it's been removed from the game.
Grape_Drink

Postby MerDeLumiere » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Going by the poll, you're going to put in some game over rape scenes; might I suggest adding a choice at the start, or maybe a default starting item, which allows you to choose between whether you see the rape scenes or not?
MerDeLumiere

Postby Grape_Drink » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:54 pm

MerDeLumiere Wrote:Going by the poll, you're going to put in some game over rape scenes; might I suggest adding a choice at the start, or maybe a default starting item, which allows you to choose between whether you see the rape scenes or not?

I'm actually currently debating between that system or simply adding a skip function right after losing such battles. Benefit of a skip function at the begining of the game would be that it makes it easier on me (Just have a "if variable skip=1, exit processing and give gameover and/or appropriate variables), but it means that if a player chooses "don't skip" then I'll have to add a skip option to each scene (which is currently the system planned for implementation as-is) on top of it. I guess a better way to put it is "Lazyness is kicking in, but I want both options available."

I'll probably have both systems in, it's just a matter of getting over that "lazyness" factor.

That being said though, any "Gameover Rape" scenes will be similar to the hidden H-scenes in the sense that it'll only be there if it makes sense. People won't encounter a pack of... I don't know, Horny wolves for instance, but a group of bandits that are pissed about you killing one of their men would likely try to take advantage of Nytarra or Sen.

I promise though that there'll be a way to skip all gameover rape scenes, and that there'll likely be no rape scenes that don't lead to a game over. The only exception to that would be a scene that isn't rape, but is "reluctantly consensual." For instance: (Spoiler'd because it's a synopsis of one of the H-scenes going in this update...)

During Nytarra's time in prison, there's a point where she has to gather materials. She doesn't actually need them, but she thinks she needs the materials that two inmates have. She can either walk away and find out she had enough materials later, or she can reluctantly give the two Blowjobs in order to obtain the materials (and be under the impression that she needed them). Nytarra has to consensually agree to it, but that doesn't mean she agrees and/or likes it.

News

So as it stands, things are coming along nicely. With Turkey Break I got time to work on this, so my goal is to have chapter two finished and ready to send to my awesome bug testers by next Saturday if not before. If my ambition isn't too big, I think that'll let this version be done and out to the public by the end of November and allow me to hopefully get the facial rehaul out for the forums before *insert winter-based holiday here*!

What this update will do: Fix bugs, remove music, and finish Chapter 2 (among other things)

What the "Facial Rehaul" will do: Fix more bugs, fix dialogue that seems like it needs to be altered, add in more emotion to the various faces seen In-Game, and add in additional H-scenes fitting with the plot.
Grape_Drink

Postby dragonmaster121989 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:45 am

hey sounds good to me and are we going to see the pic you put up with
Nytarra in winter clothing and a skirt before in the game
or was that just something cool to see?
dragonmaster121989

Postby moonblack » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 am

So, any news? It's been a while since we've heard anything about the game. Hopefully you've just been busy with real life.
moonblack

Postby Grape_Drink » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:06 am

dragonmaster121989 Wrote:hey sounds good to me and are we going to see the pic you put up with
Nytarra in winter clothing and a skirt before in the game
or was that just something cool to see?

For now it's just something cool to see. If I ever have the time to look into 3D custom girl some more I might figure out how it works well enough to do something with it, but for now it's too much of a hassle.

moonblack Wrote:So, any news? It's been a while since we've heard anything about the game. Hopefully you've just been busy with real life.

Very... Very busy... It doesn't help that I lost the file and had to start from my backup which I hadn't updated in over a week.

Between everything going on in the real world, I realized I was in over my head with this game. I can do it, but I seriously need to go back and rework a lot of things to improve it.

And having writer's block on top of that sucks. I was doing really well until I got to the H scene with

Iris
but trying to write the emotion into that scene just isn't working, and that scene specifically needs to be as real as possible, no slapstick sex allowed.

Also... My folk's friend's house burned down so they're currently living over here, up until them heading off to their own family for christmas, I've had zero privacy so working with naughty bits (even if I could) has been out of the question.

So needless to say the project is on hold at the moment. I'm working on everything non-dialogue that is humanly possible, but dialogue just isn't coming along. I figure I'll release what I have up to this point for folks to view if they'd like, but version 0.6 won't be out for a bit.
Grape_Drink

Re: Jenallia's Wrath (On hold as of 12/27/12)

Postby Savyar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:52 am

Well i will wait aas long as needs be. i really love the game so waiting only makes me anticipate each update more.
Savyar

Postby ker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:10 pm

The best way that I've found to deal with getting writers block around a particular scene is really just to skip it. If you can't figure out something, well just leave it missing and go start working on the next segment. Gives you brain time to work out details for the block and sometimes the future gives you hints as to what the past needs to be.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby dougie2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Somehow I missed this game until now. It's pretty nice so far. The fights are challenging, but not impossible. The h-scenes are well-written. I haven't finished it yet, so I haven't noticed any unreported bugs. Hopefully progress will continue! Also, it reminds me of A Dance with Rogues, which is a compliment.
dougie2
Newly Registered

Postby BlueLight » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 am

Grape_Drink Wrote:Between everything going on in the real world, I realized I was in over my head with this game. I can do it, but I seriously need to go back and rework a lot of things to improve it.

Give yourself a gold star for being a grade AAA programmer. The question my dad asks for hiring anybody is (okay there are tons i don't know about) "Were you happy with your last program." and the answer he expects from a good programmer is "No, i learned something new and i could of improved the program if i redid it."
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:09 am

Right. Was at my grandparent's place these last few days. They didn't feel like doing much (offered on more than a few occasions) so I had about two days worth of time spent with my computer typing away. Sitting in a hotel on a TOR browser so I don't feel comfortable loading files to the file hosters right now. I'll see about getting the next demo out to bugtesters some time Wednesday or Thursday evening. All I've got left at this point is Borisville and a little segment afterwards leading into chapter three.

Oh! All northern institution-based game play is complete!

Savyar Wrote:Well i will wait aas long as needs be. i really love the game so waiting only makes me anticipate each update more.

Thank you! I'll try to get it out as soon as possible as a sort of late present to all y'all!

ker Wrote:The best way that I've found to deal with getting writers block around a particular scene is really just to skip it. If you can't figure out something, well just leave it missing and go start working on the next segment. Gives you brain time to work out details for the block and sometimes the future gives you hints as to what the past needs to be.

For now I'm basically doing this... Weaseled my way out of the H-scene for now. (will go back at some point before release to fix it up)

dougie2 Wrote:Somehow I missed this game until now. It's pretty nice so far. The fights are challenging, but not impossible. The h-scenes are well-written. I haven't finished it yet, so I haven't noticed any unreported bugs. Hopefully progress will continue! Also, it reminds me of A Dance with Rogues, which is a compliment.

Thank you! ADWR is actually one of the inspirations I used in making this (I've had a couple moments where I've made reference to it, tried to keep it subtle). I want fighting to be a game play mechanic rather than a hindrance where possible, so I try to make it challenging, and likely for someone to die once or twice, but not impossible.

BlueLight Wrote:Give yourself a gold star for being a grade AAA programmer. The question my dad asks for hiring anybody is (okay there are tons i don't know about) "Were you happy with your last program." and the answer he expects from a good programmer is "No, i learned something new and i could of improved the program if i redid it."

Oh I really hope I don't end up a grade AAA programmer! Hehe, I'll be satisfied with myself as a B programmer... Especially since I can't script anything more than simple functions.

Still, thank you for the compliment. I like to take some level of pride in my work and make sure it's decent overall, improve it where I can.

So umm... Can anyone give me a guide on how to work 3DCG by chance? I've figured out the basic stuff, and I have a big mod catalog that I'm experimenting with, but I can't, for instance, figure out how to turn the 3DCG characters into an object or male model for multi-person scene use.
Grape_Drink

Postby BlueLight » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 am

Grape_Drink Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:Give yourself a gold star for being a grade AAA programmer. The question my dad asks for hiring anybody is (okay there are tons i don't know about) "Were you happy with your last program." and the answer he expects from a good programmer is "No, i learned something new and i could of improved the program if i redid it."

Oh I really hope I don't end up a grade AAA programmer! Hehe, I'll be satisfied with myself as a B programmer... Especially since I can't script anything more than simple functions.

Still, thank you for the compliment. I like to take some level of pride in my work and make sure it's decent overall, improve it where I can.

.... His programming level is over 9000. I mean Simpler is always better. How can i compete with such god level programming skillzzzz.
Joking aside, the method/fuction i most often make are getters and setters.

Code: Select All Code
private void setMaxHealth(int HP){
   maxHealth = hp;
   setHealth(hp);
}
// this method sets the health amount and makes sure it's neither lower than 0 or higher than maxHealth.
private void setHealth(int hp){
   health = Math.max(0, Math.min(maxHealth , hp)
}
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby omgyourmom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:48 am

I'm liking this game alot.
omgyourmom

Postby Grape_Drink » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 am

Alright! I managed to make some progress, so the next bugtesting version was sent out! Thank you guys again for the support, and again, I'm sorry for all the delays!

Also...

omgyourmom Wrote:I'm liking this game alot.

Thanks!
Grape_Drink

Re: Jenallia's Wrath (On "hold" as of 12/27/12)

Postby Grape_Drink » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:53 am

Double post (I seem to do these a lot...), but I got a blog set up to track progress. I'll still respond to things people post in this thread, but I'll try to restrict myself to the blog for anything relating to progress.

Blog Link: http://jenallia-wrath.blogspot.com/
Grape_Drink

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner