CYOA game "Infinity Tower"

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

CYOA game "Infinity Tower"

Postby Triuneprophet » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:00 am

Hey guys, been a lurker for a while but I have been working on a CYOA game that is pure text based (obviously) anyway I am trying to decide if I should do RAGS or DreamPath. If I decide RAGS it will be an RPG/dungeon crawler with CYOA element thrown in but I will make a combat system. I am still new to rags however so it will slow down the release of a demo or the game itself. I could also as mentioned go for DreamPath where I would make it 100% story based (No fighting, 100% option selection) which would speed up the process allot but leave a good bit of potential left untapped I feel. So I decided I will ask for opinions this is not going to be "Which ever has more votes wins" it will simply be an aid in making my decision. I will keep working on the script which is probly version 0.01 as far as progress goes but includes three possible sex scenes. I should also have a description up in a few days. Until then I'd love some feed back,

-Prophet
Triuneprophet

Re: CYOA game "Infinity Tower"

Postby 13Lack12ose » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 am

I vote RAGS because Dreampath doesn't agree with me.
Another RAGS game with a combat system is Shield High, but the combat isn't too good. It's all about luck, basically rock paper scissors. You'll have to be imaginative if you're going to use combat.
Post the proposed story line and I'll be happy to lend you my ideas, and even entire scenes if you need a bit of help.
Hodor
13Lack12ose

Postby Triuneprophet » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:15 am

Ya I've been leaning towards RAGS too, and I think for the most part I will have a system where you need to deal X damage before turn Y passes, as for the script, I don't have much written out in proper form but I have about 80 pages worth of plot written out so far. Shield High is actually a big influence that started me off.
Triuneprophet

Postby 13Lack12ose » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:29 am

80 pages is a great amount of script to be perfectly honest, as I said earlier I would be glad to help out if you needed it.
Also, dealing X damage before turn Y passes could constitute button mashing, again, with no real skill involved. Although using skill in a CYOA game is a bit awkward, you should aim for it as much as possible.
Also, check out Corruption of Champions, it's a button based text h-rpg game which has taken up about five or six of my past few days. You might draw some inspiration out of it.
Hodor
13Lack12ose

Postby BlueLight » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 am

I dislike rags personally but i don't know anything about the other system.
If the game is enjoyable or for other reasons, i'll play it but from all i've seen with the system, i person will avoid games using it.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:29 am

13Lack12ose Wrote:I vote RAGS because Dreampath doesn't agree with me.
Another RAGS game with a combat system is Shield High, but the combat isn't too good. It's all about luck, basically rock paper scissors. You'll have to be imaginative if you're going to use combat.
Post the proposed story line and I'll be happy to lend you my ideas, and even entire scenes if you need a bit of help.

Hey! I resent that remark! It's just *mostly* about luck.

Also I'm flattered to hear that I influenced someone, if you need any help working out parts of RAGS let me know. When I started I missed a TON of stuff, and Shield High has suffered for it.
Pudding Earl

Postby Triuneprophet » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:58 am

When I say "X damage by turn Y" I kind of mean like Kenkou Kurosu's Monster Girl Game kind of play like, there is a path to beating the enemy somewhat knowing which move to use thinking(Dodge, Block, Counter, and Attack) and the other part trial and error/hope you don't get killed before the fight.

As far as RAGS goes however, I am getting mapping pretty well, I am having trouble learning how to make a combat system and also how to make questions appear in a drop down menu rather then next to the text in the up right corner. Been trying to watch the tutorials provided to learn it better and seem to be getting a hold on it.

For the "Luck" in the fighting I find it more lucky to lose a round lately, you really need to try to lose for most of them which is good IMO because I don't think Jessica would really want to lose. (Depending on how submissive you play her that is)
Triuneprophet

Postby Doctrine1-6 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:04 am

Get in. Get out. Lurk Moar.
Doctrine1-6
Newly Registered

Postby Triuneprophet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Ok so I am moving slower then I was expecting my apologies, I was originally intending for the first release to be Linear but instead I have decided to make the first branch (three options) that determine your party. As well as everything needed to get to the next floor. So I should have it out I think in the next week depends if my family issues blow over or not.
Triuneprophet

Postby BlueLight » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 am

Need help?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby 13Lack12ose » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 am

As I said above, I would be willing to help make this a reality by posting scenes or just helping with the planning of the floors and events. Don't hesitate to ask for help, I've seen many other developers crash and burn while being too stubborn to say that they can't do it alone.
Hodor
13Lack12ose

Postby Triuneprophet » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:54 am

Alright I know I haven't posted much about this but it has taken some pretty big turns and I decided to alter it allot. I have also been working with DayDreamer rather then rags, (a little more user friendly IMO) This isn't dead but like I mentioned the story has jumped allot and is much less dungeon crawler like, there will be moments but... well allow me to get into some description.

Infinity Tower:
You play the role of Vanessa, a girl who is plucked out of her home due to her latent "super powers" and whisked away to the Adept Hero Academy on the planet Vidore, a rare planet indeed because it actually changes galaxies on an almost yearly basis. Vanessa and 5 other students are abducted from their homes to join the school. This is the first time students from earth have been recruited in nearly fifteen years. The school is broken into the four different dorms each one having different skills and specializations. On campus is the mysterious Infinity Tower that students are required to enter every Wednesday for field training and to earn points for their dorm. There will be allot of random events in the tower and depending who is accompanying you will change some scenes.

So the week will primarily by Monday - Practical Skill, Tuesday - Gym. Wednesday Infinity Tower/City exploration. Thursday - History of Vidore, Friday - Specialty Training. Saturday and Sunday are for city exploration and hanging out with characters.

While the majority of our students are human in appearance (With the exception of skin tones varying much wider than the human spectrum allows, the same with hair) it is important to remember that some of the creatures are very much not so.

Slithers for instance are gelatinous creatures made entirely out of a sludge like substance, they have absurd strength and resilience making them a formidable opponent for even the strongest of foes. Despite rumors of their race their sex drive is average, they are not unthinking sex machines and find it racist when students imply such a thing.

Meenos most closely resemble a minotaur from the humans Greek mythos. Large creatures of a bovine nature, most stand roughly seven feet tall and yes, judging by their muscles they do in fact lift. Meenos are quick to anger but are easily distracted by something that catches their eyes.

Feral are very close to human form with the exception of their animal ears and tail. They vary in form such as dogs, cats, bears, rabbits, and even mice. Each of the Feral tribe also adopts characteristics of its beast species. They are versatile in combat due to their speed and other species specific traits. Sometimes born natural other times the academy sees it fit to modify a creature.

Averian are commonly miss-categorized as Feral due to their human appearance. Averian often have summoned wings that can appear on demand allowing them fast travel, while their bodies are fragile compared to most, their ability to fly into proper position makes them a force to be reckoned with. The real definition of them however is their ability to transform into a bird.

Finally Draketh, said to have the blood of dragons within them they can form thick scales on their flesh giving them an almost impenetrable defense. While it drains some minor energy to maintain these scales due to the rarity of Draketh they normally have their scales on proud display.

While other species do exist these are the primary ones you will meet on your journey.

While these are in the world I want people to know the majority of interactions will be humanoid in nature mainly due to the other races having little to no interest in the human race. It will still be a bit before this is up but my world building is coming along nicely so I figured you guys should get and update.
Triuneprophet

Return to Creative Corner