Chips Challenge (New Project)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Chips Challenge (New Project)

Postby Toyloli » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 am

This post will be re-updated as new information/content comes out.

Chips Challenge
The Premise - Like so many games on this website, it began with a dream. An old game, a puzzle solver, an arcade with rememberable gameplay and a vaguely rememberable character. What would it be like... Chips Challenge... As a Hentai game!

And now... May Hell be Unleashed!!!

ToyLoli's Chips Challenge
Okay - so as anyone who ever played the old arcade game Chips Challenge knows, the premise of Chips Challenge was that the main progagonist Chip wanted to impress the girl who was head of the science club (the name of the girl being unimportant). Rather than let him join she takes him to this massive underground clubhouse which is a veritably maze filled with puzzles and monsters and stuff and is told should he complete them he can join.

When I was younger I used to enjoy this game no end, but now as an adult I can't help but think "What did Chip really hope to get out of this that he would go to all this trouble!" Anyone could tell you what a teenage boy would want.. SEX!

So; Here it is. In my version of the game which I am trying to create using flash the owner of the club is Rinnita (my self or at least my own character) and her six club members. All of the club members are both super smart but also super perverted. In this game instead of making his way though uniform identical labs he will be making his way through the school. Teachers, other students, escaped lab experiments and robots will all be trying to rape him. To solve each section he will have to solve a a set of puzzles, collect data and then for each 'area' impress one of the club members. And try to get into his/her pants.

Themes: Reverse harem, Reverse rape, some homosexuality, possibly beastiality, whatever sex with robots classes as, spanking, public embarrassment, romance, tickling, dancing...

You can read more about the concept, layout ext in the planning documentation.

It will be kept updated regularly and will eventually become the game manual.

Current Position - 13-1-4
Okay - so I have the designs of Chip and the other Club members nailed down. And I've been learning flash. Two months ago I had no knowledge of flash whatsoever other than "You use the 'tween' tool to make something move." so I think I've done a lot of learning in two months.
I'm aware the artwork is unshaded. I am not sure how I want to go about that yet.

At current all the characters are in one housing object. While this is likely not necessary for Chip for how the game should be played, being able to swap in and out scenes, characters, clothing etc seamed like a natural starting point to make things easier later on. Additionally at the moment I'm using text fields to store certain information between frames and animations... I have just started learning how to use classes and packages and in the next update all that will have changed.

In between time here is my first test results that people can actually look at and play with.

Version 0.0.0.2 - This is not yet a game
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

ToyChips 0 0 0 2.swf [ 198.09 KiB | Viewed 26103 times ]

Future Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The next steps in no particular order
  • Take all the functions and scripting currently housed in frames and move them into an AS project for external classes etc.
  • Create some facing away poses amongst other things (including hand and feet poses) to help make walking four directional.
  • Create a few more different clothes designs (they will be coloured using the same script that does skincolour)
  • Code a keyhandler and create my first set of test levels. Current plan test level will allow
    • The player to switch between the established characters
    • add or remove clothing at will
    • walk around a basic map.
  • Create some boxes, doors and stuff and some basic animations that go with them.
  • Create some animals or anthro characters who can rape chip.
  • Code the inventory system

Version Log:

Nothing here yet.

Please discuss, I would love to hear comments, feedback or opinions and any help you can provide.
Sincerely,

~ ~ ~ Rinnita Wiley
Toyloli

Location: Six feet down, three feet to the left and 12 feet up.

Re: Chips Challenge (New Project)

Postby QuizmasterBos » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:07 pm

I have only heard this game's name and that's it, so I can't help you any further as far as game ideas are related.
It's an interesting concept and I wish you a lot of luck in the creation of this Flash game, but I will not actively follow this thread.

I will, however, check it occasionally and try some things out and maybe even vote in case a poll comes up, but that is likely it, I'm afraid.
QuizmasterBos

Postby Toyloli » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:47 pm

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I have only heard this game's name and that's it, so I can't help you any further as far as game ideas are related.
It's an interesting concept and I wish you a lot of luck in the creation of this Flash game, but I will not actively follow this thread.

I will, however, check it occasionally and try some things out and maybe even vote in case a poll comes up, but that is likely it, I'm afraid.

Thanks for being the first reply. Chips Challenge was an 8bit game, then later a 16bit game with a rather limited spriteset. In the original contact with enemies resulted in immediate death (lending this easier to a RunOrRape game) where most of the puzzles were based around performing a set of tasks in a certain order.
The game also originally required you to change shoes to go accross different terrains; runners, flippers, fire shoes, rubber shoes etc. Easily lends itself to stripping. Whole costumes... LOTS of clothings!

And cause the game was an old spritegame there's a lot of flexibility in the art design. :)
Toyloli

Postby QuizmasterBos » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Toyloli Wrote:
QuizmasterBos Wrote:I have only heard this game's name and that's it, so I can't help you any further as far as game ideas are related.

Thanks for being the first reply. Chips Challenge was an 8bit game, then later a 16bit game with a rather limited spriteset. In the original contact with enemies resulted in immediate death (lending this easier to a RunOrRape game) where most of the puzzles were based around performing a set of tasks in a certain order.
The game also originally required you to change shoes to go across different terrains; runners, flippers, fire shoes, rubber shoes etc. Easily lends itself to stripping. Whole costumes... LOTS of clothings!

And cause the game was an old spritegame there's a lot of flexibility in the art design. :)

Hey, what do you know, another post.

Well, I really like your thought process. it's not easy to convert a game play-mechanic into a sexual related one, but I see you have no problem there. Now as I said, I can't help you further very much, as you can see by my signature I have my hands full already, but good luck.

I also hope you'll attract some more attention soon.
QuizmasterBos

Postby Grape_Drink » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:09 am

This looks pretty neat! I'll have to find a compatable version of Chip's Challenge to get a feel for how the game'll run, heh.
Grape_Drink

Postby LuftMallow » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 am

I stumbled across this topic seeing if I missed anything happening recently and I've got to say this project seems more reasonably planned than some I've seen around here. I guess not many people here have no real familiarity of games that were ran from a DOS prompt while growing up, which explains how it fell to the wayside. Admittedly, I didn't have a computer growing up and my school system wasn't focused on being technologically current, so most of it went by me. There is however one game I won't forget from that time:

NIGHTMARES UNENDING.png
NIGHTMARES UNENDING.png (31.23 KiB) Viewed 18315 times
(It's 'The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary' BTW)

So, I you need any help with the visuals, I'm here to lend a hand. I may be busy with personal issues and Ivan's project as of now, but even I get tired staring at Princess Peach's nude form after awhile. Just contact me and we'll work something out.
LuftMallow

Postby Toyloli » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:52 pm

This project will be restarting soon. I's currently on hold due to family issues and my having to get a new presription of glasses so I'm not getting sore eyes after 15 minutes of computer work. I plan to get back to work on this within the week, within the next two weeks I hope to nail down and post updated program with a codebase. After I have the codebase I've been working on at a decent level, all the updates for the next few months will be graphical or sexual.
:) Luck of the irish to everyone here.
Toyloli

Postby BlueBody » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:25 am

Omg. I remember this game. Daaaaaang.

I will look forward to see what you come up with :P
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Return to Creative Corner