Instinct Program 0.30c (24/03/2013)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: New RAGS game in development! Code Name - Instinct Progr

Postby alako » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm

@whatdontlookaatme & Uchiha woolf
Thanks for the support.

Week 2 update!

This week, I finished the intro of the game and has been working on city exploration ever since. All sexy time shenanigans optional encounters are planned, but I really don't want to make the game only focus in sex. Therefore, I have been planning a few side quests that are a bit less......sexy. They will offer variation to the game and let player earn some extra money. The general progress is a lot faster than I thought, so I might have to setup a close beta test before Feb.

Planning – 90%
System Coding – 99%
Story writing – 45%
Picture hunting – 80%
My RAGS Game Development Blog: http://alakogames.blogspot.ca/
Currently working on my first game "Code Name - Instinct Project".
alako

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:31 am

Quick question about mind corruption. Besides setting your character on an alternate path, what else does it do? Does it lower certain stats? Or does having 100% mental corruption allow you to have sex with the zombies now that you're corrupted?
whatdontlookaatme

Postby alako » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:16 am

whatdontlookaatme Wrote:Quick question about mind corruption. Besides setting your character on an alternate path, what else does it do? Does it lower certain stats? Or does having 100% mental corruption allow you to have sex with the zombies now that you're corrupted?

Think of it as a different set of HP. The original plan is that when you max out mental corruption, there will be a bad end scene (sex with zombies), then game over. However, since the game might be very unbalance due to the fact that city exploration has lots branching paths, I decided to let player continue the game (but not like you can run around and have sex with anything that moves) but in a slightly different storyline.

Mind corruption in this game actually means something different than most other games. It is more in the line of something has taken control over your mind. you will see what it is for in the intro of the demo. =]

The thing to watch out for is your mental health. It serve as defense stat against mental corruption. If you let Adeline experience all the horribleness in the game, your mental health will drop to 0 in no time during city exploration. As a result of that, it will be impossible to avoid maxing out your mind corruption stat during the battle section of the game.

Nevertheless, other than the intro of the story, most of the demo will take place in the city. So, feel free to do horrible things to Adeline. You cruel cruel bastards! =]
alako

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:05 am

Ah, thanks for the enlightenment on it. Also, if you have 100% mind corruption, does the character stop being attacked by the zombies and instead has sexual relations with them?
whatdontlookaatme

Postby alako » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 am

whatdontlookaatme Wrote:Ah, thanks for the enlightenment on it. Also, if you have 100% mind corruption, does the character stop being attacked by the zombies and instead has sexual relations with them?

No spoilers! But you are very close. =]
Check out the demo to see for yourself in a few weeks!
alako

Postby 4access69 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:34 pm

I am curious why people keep using RAGS despite its obvious shortcomings, especially when it comes to saves? Why not Quest for example? Is it worse than RAGS or people just don't know about it?
4access69

Postby alako » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:57 am

4access69 Wrote:I am curious why people keep using RAGS despite its obvious shortcomings, especially when it comes to saves? Why not Quest for example? Is it worse than RAGS or people just don't know about it?

Well, I use Rags because I don't know there are any other text game engines. Also, the game inspired me to work on my own is on Rags, that's pretty much why I picked it.

Week 3 update!

Progress is not as fast as I hope this week, real world stuff kept getting in the way. Nevertheless, I finished a big area in the city. Also, the first bad end is in the game now. Moreover, I spent quite a lot of time putting subtle dialog changes base on a optional event. It turns out coding stuff like this is really time consuming on Rags. I think the demo is about 50% - 60% done at this point.

Planning – 90%
System Coding – 99%
Story writing – 60%
Picture hunting – 90%
alako

Postby alako » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:39 am

Week 4 Update!

I added two optional scenes and the second stage of the main event in to the game. All of them have lots different choices for you to pick. The main event is especially long. Took me 3 days to finish it and it nearly burned me out. All thanks to someone for suggesting adding a sex scene in one of the branches...

Next week, I will be finishing up all the sexual encounters and hopefully finish the majority of interesting encounters around the city to make it livelier. So the demo is around 75% - 80% done right now.

Planning – 90%
System Coding – 99%
Story writing – 80%
Picture hunting – 95%
alako

Postby alako » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Week 5 update!

Took half of a week off being lazy and hiding in my bed this week, but still manage to finish up all the drinking events and random dialogues of NPC around town. I find out that a lot of the optional stuff in the game is actually quite hidden. Normally, there are only 3 outcomes from getting drunk, but if you fulfill some prerequisites, there will be 2 surprises..... =] Nevertheless, I don't think you guys will keep getting Adeline drunk every time something happen in the game if you have no idea something is hidden there. I guess I probably will release a walkthrough later on.

Other than the final stage of the main quest, nearly everything is done right now, but I would like to add a mini quest or two in the game before releasing it. Since my editor is busy at the moment and probably won't finish going through my writing for another 2 weeks, I guess adding them won't delay the release.

Planning – 95%
System Coding – 99%
Story writing – 90%
Picture hunting – 95%
alako

Postby alako » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Week 6 Update!

This should be the last few days of the development for the demo. There are still some coding issue I need to figure out, but it shouldn't take too long to do. After that I will have to wait for my editor to look over my text and beta testers to find out all the major bugs. So fingers cross that the demo will be out in around mid March.

Planning – 99% ??
System Coding – 99% ??
Story writing – 99% ??
Picture hunting – 99% ??
alako

Postby BlueLight » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Wait you plan this out? :O
You sir are going to go far.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby whodaman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:59 am

Looking forward to the demo. Also, if you still need an English proofreader, or looking for more, I am great at translating engrish.
whodaman

Postby whodaman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 am

Alako, since I can't pm you, I'll just tell you, I have nothing else to do so I can probably finish a good chunk, it more depends on my unstable sleeping schedule as to how much I can get done. If you could tell me what word processing software your using and how many, if any, pages are being used, I will be able to give you a more definitive answer as to how much I can get done. If the word processing software you are using doesn't have pages, you could always check out how many pages out by pressing file, print, and it usually says. That last bit isn't meant to be insulting, I just don't know how familiar you are with such things.
whodaman

Postby alako » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 am

Short Update!

The game is pretty much done at this point. It is now in the hands of the beta testers and a awesome new editor I found. Depending on how many problems they manage to find, the demo will be release sometime next week. =]
alako

Postby lok987 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 am

I'm kinda confused by your wording, alako.

Did you make just a demo of a game with cut / missing content now?
Or did you make a full game and are about to release a part of it as a demo?
Or is this "demo" the whole game and you are planning to add more content to it?

Sorry, but I don't really understand it.

Nevermind. Read the spoilers in your starting post again and your demo aims to feature roughly 30 % of the full game, which will probably take another couple of months to complete.
However, what I couldn't find is, whether you want to charge money for the final product.

I'm really interested in this project, because your descriptions and pictures sound and look nice.

Also two questions:
1) I noticed that you named one spoiler "boobs resizing". Does that mean, you can alter your appearance or are forced to alter it in certain situations? I'm not too big of a fan of these things personally.
2) From your description it seems like you can lose without getting a game over immediately. I hope that's true, because it's really adding to the game, if you can lose and face certain consequences instead of just ending the game. For me it's really part of the game and roleplay. For example to be able to get pregnant or turning into a slave and then trying to escape again etc.
lok987

Postby alako » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Lok987

The game is free. I do it as an hobby. Just so you know that I didn't make the art in this game. I find most of them using google and I do some light editing to fit the game's need.

1) I was actually referring to using photoshop to fix some image I don't like. In the game, you cannot alter your character's appearance. Personally, I am not a fan also.
2) That only applies to maxing out your mental corruption level. This is because I think most people will want to see the sex scenes which will lower your character's mental health (defense for mental corruption). Therefore, I don't think it will be a fun game if playing the "slutty route" means the game will end soon.

That said, you will still die if you run out of HP. There are also a few bad ending in optional events if you make some wrong turns. Most of the bad ending are quite lengthy and talk about what happen to the main character after she take that wrong turn.
alako

Postby Nonsense667 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 am

As Alako's Assistant/Co-writer/Slave/Butt-Monkey, and lurker of these forums for, well, years... I feel obliged to make a post... >.>

Hi there.
Nonsense667
Newly Registered

Re: Instinct Program V.030 (17/03/2013)

Postby alako » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:32 am

The demo is up! See OP ^^
alako

Postby Six » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:46 am

Awesome I'll try it out right away!
Six

Postby Riley65 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:16 am

Really nice job so far :D. I had a lot of fun trying different things out in the demo. Can't wait to see what you do next!
Riley65

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner