Instinct Program 0.30c (24/03/2013)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Instinct Program V.030c (24/03/2013)

Postby alako » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 am

Mediafire took down my game :cry: , reupload to the much slower rapidgator instead.
My RAGS Game Development Blog: http://alakogames.blogspot.ca/
Currently working on my first game "Code Name - Instinct Project".
alako

Postby jb28147 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:53 pm

alako Wrote:Mediafire took down my game :cry: , reupload to the much slower rapidgator instead.

Mediafire removed anything with adult content, or has too many downloads nowadays.

The two I would recommended are BayFiles and MEGA, though I like BayFiles more because anyone is able to download anything on there without needing Chrome, or an extension.
jb28147

Postby alako » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:37 pm

For the 100 or so people who downloaded my game from rapidgator, please get the new version from the following link. The version you are playing is a testing version and a lot of event will not trigger! Silly me uploaded the wrong version. >_<

http://rapidgator.net/file/053bb2194bbd ... c.rag.html
alako

Postby 4access69 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey Alako, nice work!

Looking forward to updates, hopefully sooner than in 2 months :D

I tried to post this on your blog but it didn't show up so I am posting here.

Regarding scenes, between 4-5 paragraphs is usually ok for me. Existing ones were a bit on a short side. On the other hand some of the Fenoxo's CoC scenes are ridonkeylously long and even though they have excellent writing one is bound to fall asleep with that much text. It is probably for the best to have more medium-length scenes, which somehow wasn't a poll option.

Regarding repetition, it is possible to have a few different scenes for the same event and randomly pick one. For example, metro groping is a good candidate for that.

After the player has allowed groping and went through all 3 scenes you just need to make a few variations and let them happen randomly. You should allow the player to say "No" every time, but you can also randomly refuse to let them get away. It would make the game more interesting.
4access69

Postby The-Rippy-One » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:15 am

That might be...wait, 3? groped, double team grope+fingering...third?

Thanks for making this game Alako. Interesting mechanics. Besides gambling, is there any way to make money? I hit an issue where I had tapped out my resource on...things...including the crowbar, and didn't have funds to buy red ice for Silver. Not a big deal since I had an earlier save, but it was sort of unfortunate.

Anyway, Is it possible to reduce her mc to 0? I can get it to 1, but that's it. Of course, given the mecha-zombies arriving in the near future, a zero would be bad...or, at least, really quick...
The-Rippy-One

Postby alako » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:31 am

@4access69

This is my first time writing anything erotic, so I till try to make my scenes longer, but no promises. :P As for the repetition problem, I will see what I can do with that, but it's not on the top of the list right now because the main focus will be getting every events in the game first. =]

@The-Rippy-One
You are welcome. ^^

There are only 2 groping scene right now, but there will be a third one to conclude the whole event. Right now there aren't many ways you can earn money other then gambling. The only way you can earn a 100 credits is by searching a man who get knock out in an encounter. However, I am adding a few side quests into the story which has credit rewards. You can get the red ice by scaring the shady merchant, so...you don't really need to spend that 100 credits, but he won't show up in the future anymore if you do so.

You can definitely get it to 0, there are lots hidden encounters, you can find all of them by reading the walkthrough I posted in my blog (http://alakogames.blogspot.ca/p/beta-walkthrough.html).
alako

Postby roskrad » Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 am

Just tried your game and its great, I see the influences of drunken cowboy which was a good game but I feel it didn't have enough sexual content for the story glad to see that your fixing that. Looking forward to more
roskrad

Postby Kuragari » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am

Any word on progress? Just curious.
Kuragari

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:27 am

Kuragari Wrote:Any word on progress? Just curious.

according to her forum...no
AllenAndArth

Postby alako » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:33 am

Will start working on it next week. =]
alako

Postby AllenAndArth » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 am

alako Wrote:Will start working on it next week. =]

see... now you've got your answer, next week ^^9
AllenAndArth

Re: Instinct Program 0.30c (24/03/2013)

Postby alako » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Help needed! @_@

Creating interesting gameplay on RAGS is harder than I thought. Does anything has any ideas about how to make a sneaking mission interesting? One of the quest involves following a criminal in back allies, and another one involves infiltrating an enemy base.

Random ideas are welcome =D
alako

Postby AllenAndArth » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 pm

alako Wrote:Help needed! @_@

Creating interesting gameplay on RAGS is harder than I thought. Does anything has any ideas about how to make a sneaking mission interesting? One of the quest involves following a criminal in back allies, and another one involves infiltrating an enemy base.

you could make pc find random workers in the enemy base, and make them lie to the workers(put 3 choices, the wrong ones will make a battle the right one will let pc go free...and the other you could(no idea...)...you could fuck your way through!(that's it! aha! found it!)
AllenAndArth

Postby cereburn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:10 am

alako Wrote:Help needed! @_@

Criminal in the back alley:
Are there any variables already in the game that affect stealth? As I recall there aren't, but I wanted to make sure.
If there are, you can add different options for dealing with obstacles based on stealthiness characteristics.
If that isn't viable, in an area where sound is likely to echo, give her the option to take her shoes off or not. If she doesn't, she gets another option to go slower than normal to stay quite, if she doesn't then she gets caught. If she Did take her shoes off, then she can move faster, but give her the option to keep her eyes only on the target, or watch where she is going. If she doesn't watch where she is going, she steps on something sharp that hurts her feet.

Sneaking into the criminal base:
Another way to work a sneak is through timing, take a look at MDQP's ToTDC mission where they are trying to sneak onto an elevator, he's written it so that you can see in the viewer what the guard sees and you have to time your trip around the room according to when the guard isn't looking.
Outside of that room scenario, the character needs to move through the base, opening doors, looking through drawers for goodies, etc. If she has the option as she goes to close doors behind her, to carefully look through drawers, but take alot of time, or to quickly look through them, fast enough that she can't put them back the way they were, then there is the risk of someone noticing there was a change, OR she doesn't find a tool that could be useful later because she was too careful and didn't uncover enough in the search.

I'm running dry on ideas at the moment, but I can probably rub a few brain cells together again tomorrow.
cereburn

Postby cereburn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Had another idea.
Remember the bottle bum? If Adeline has already had an encounter where the bum was unhappy with her, you could make this an option:
As she is moving through the alley, the person she is tracking turns around to check his trail. Adeline has to hide in a pile of trash to avoid being seen. Under the trash is the bottle bum trying to sleep. She gets him to be quiet, but he realizes she can't say anything if he takes a few 'liberties' with her as she has to stay quiet too. Add the option for her to twist his hand back, but that makes him scream, and she gets caught, or the option to let him do whatever he does and she doesn't get caught, but escapes from the bum before things get too far. If her MR is too low, then she doesn't escape and the bum does really naughty things to her.
Another idea: the 'mark' passes through an alley intersection with some other thugs in it. He nods his head at them and they let him by without any trouble. Adeline tries to do the same thing, but they stop her. They only let people through if they are known to the gang or if they pay the toll. She has to either pay money, offer 'something' else, or, if her MR is high enough, pull her gun and bluff them out.
cereburn

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:54 am

Those are pretty good ideas. I hope one of them gets used.

Of course, the problem then comes in finding pictures that fit the bill...
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby Kuragari » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:58 am

So has this been updated?
Kuragari

Postby cereburn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:50 am

The game is on hold due to school and other real life stuff.
cereburn

Postby cookie jar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Just read the blog. It's a pity this had to be put on ice, but RL is RL and takes precedence every time. So good luck with your RL. :)

And we'll just patiently wait if your schedule frees up enough some time to start working on this again (and of course if you can still find the motivation then).
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Previous

Return to Creative Corner