Fan Fantasy: Episode 1 v1.03

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Fan Fantasy: Episode 1 v1.03

Postby BlueBody » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:00 am

Shinji62 Wrote:The game was made in RPG Maker, because I have no idea how to program. So, be warned, I guess.
All the art was done by me. I know I'm not the best artist in the world, you don't have to tell me you think it's terrible. I made this game to help improve my skill, so it changes a little throughout the game as I get more practice. I tried to make each character styled to be at least similar to their original medium. I've attached an example of each, so you know what to expect.

-twitch- I haven't tried the game yet since it's 5am in the morning, but if your attached thumbnails are anything to go by then your art is pretty good! Seriously, the quality looks at least a 7/10, definitely above average! Will take a look at how interesting your work is later on :)
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby krazy4luv2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:34 am

Hey, I don't know if anyone has asked this question yet... But is there any way to use the pictures to review the scenes yet? Because it doesn't seem to work. Sorry if I sound like a noob :oops:
krazy4luv2

Postby Shinji62 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:58 am

BlueBody Wrote:
Shinji62 Wrote:The game was made in RPG Maker, because I have no idea how to program. So, be warned, I guess.
All the art was done by me. I know I'm not the best artist in the world, you don't have to tell me you think it's terrible. I made this game to help improve my skill, so it changes a little throughout the game as I get more practice. I tried to make each character styled to be at least similar to their original medium. I've attached an example of each, so you know what to expect.

-twitch- I haven't tried the game yet since it's 5am in the morning, but if your attached thumbnails are anything to go by then your art is pretty good! Seriously, the quality looks at least a 7/10, definitely above average! Will take a look at how interesting your work is later on :)

Thanks! I'm still working on getting better. Especially inking and coloring, I'm still not completely used to doing digital, but I'm entirely too cheap to buy a decent scanner xD
Besides, I know I'm nowhere near pro level yet. It's really annoying having people be line, "Your stuff sucks. It's not as good as the artwork from "insert professional artist here", when I'm well aware of that. So I added in that disclaimer.

krazy4luv2 Wrote:Hey, I don't know if anyone has asked this question yet... But is there any way to use the pictures to review the scenes yet? Because it doesn't seem to work. Sorry if I sound like a noob :oops:

There is. You can't do it from your inventory though. I added in a secret area where you can look at the ones you have. You'll have to find it, but it's not too hard to find, if you're inspecting things.
Shinji62

Postby BlueBody » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Just finished Episode One, pretty darn good! I've gone back to check if I found everything.

The thing that confuses me is that it says
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

at the end, at the right side of the bridge, that there are 6 women to recruit.
I counted 3 for partying (Huntress, Viletta, and Velvet), and 4 house women (Chie, Emiko, Yukiko, Risette)

Am I missing something here? The numbers don't quite match up.... I was thinking either

missing 2 house women or 3 party members?

.. But I went through my game, to count the achievements, and it matches what you said in the first post:
The first episode features 17 women, 19 H scenes, 2 dungeons, and 2 towns. All of the episodes will feature 136 women, 8 towns, and 9 dungeons.

Also, when asking

Emiko for "more, new tricks", she keeps telling me that I don't have enough experience. But I've done everything I think?
Is this meant to be for next Episode?
Nevermind. Sorry, I went back in this thread and reread everything. This was answered on Page 2 :)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby krazy4luv2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:18 am

Shinji62 Wrote:There is. You can't do it from your inventory though. I added in a secret area where you can look at the ones you have. You'll have to find it, but it's not too hard to find, if you're inspecting things.

Can I get a hint? I just finished the first episode and it was great, the narrator is pretty funny :lol: but I still can't find the secret place... A hint please?
krazy4luv2

Postby Shinji62 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 am

BlueBody Wrote:Just finished Episode One, pretty darn good! I've gone back to check if I found everything.

The thing that confuses me is that it says

at the end, at the right side of the bridge, that there are 6 women to recruit.
I counted 3 for partying (Huntress, Viletta, and Velvet), and 4 house women (Chie, Emiko, Yukiko, Risette)

Am I missing something here? The numbers don't quite match up.... I was thinking either

missing 2 house women or 3 party members?

.. But I went through my game, to count the achievements, and it matches what you said in the first post:
The first episode features 17 women, 19 H scenes, 2 dungeons, and 2 towns. All of the episodes will feature 136 women, 8 towns, and 9 dungeons.

Also, when asking

Emiko for "more, new tricks", she keeps telling me that I don't have enough experience. But I've done everything I think?
Is this meant to be for next Episode?
Nevermind. Sorry, I went back in this thread and reread everything. This was answered on Page 2 :)

Glad you liked it!

As for your problem

Recruitable, just means that you've recruited them to be part of your harem. So, basically, just the women that live with you. So, the recruitable women are Chie, Yukiko, Risette, Huntress, Emiko, and Velvet.
I didn't count Villetta or Gwen as recruitable, since you get them automatically.

I hope that clears it up.

krazy4luv2 Wrote:
Shinji62 Wrote:There is. You can't do it from your inventory though. I added in a secret area where you can look at the ones you have. You'll have to find it, but it's not too hard to find, if you're inspecting things.

Can I get a hint? I just finished the first episode and it was great, the narrator is pretty funny :lol: but I still can't find the secret place... A hint please?

I already did, you just have to inspect things ;P
Shinji62

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Memory room spoiler

It's the bathroom in your various houses, just talk to the water.
Lucky777

Postby demonix977 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Like the game. Got a question in battle whats the third metter labled TP?
demonix977
Newly Registered

Postby BlueBody » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 am

demonix977 Wrote:Like the game. Got a question in battle whats the third metter labled TP?

Hmm, it seems the main character you control has an ability called "Aura Blade" later on as you level up, but I can't seem to get him to activate it. This is the only ability I've seen that requires TP.

However, someone else is capable of using the same ability, and it works fine with that person. Not sure why main character can't use it.

TP seems to charge up in battle when you either take or deal out damage. It doesn't refill when you rest in bed or an inn, whereas Mana and HP will.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby moonblack » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:18 am

Aura Blade is a Sword skill, so if the character is not using a Sword the skill cannot be used.
moonblack

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Oh, right, yeah.
Aura blade seems bugged for The Shounen King, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work right.
At first I had thought I hadn't enough TP to use it or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Lucky777

Postby BlueBody » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:52 pm

moonblack Wrote:Aura Blade is a Sword skill, so if the character is not using a Sword the skill cannot be used.

Wait, so is there a difference between a Katana and a regular sword? Because my main started using 2handed swords that you can't equip a shield with, while the other kept the sword/shield combo.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby moonblack » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:00 pm

The game seems to be using the default skills, weapons and armors, so yes, Katana and Sword are two different weapon types. Aura Blade requires a Sword type weapon. Unfortunately, only one of the Katanas has a description that mentions the word "katana", the other descriptions use the word "sword", which can be very confusing. By default the following weapons are Katanas and not Swords: Katana, Zanbatou, Toratouru, Reigin no Tachi, Shichishitou and Muramasa Katana.
moonblack

Postby Shinji62 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:Oh, right, yeah.
Aura blade seems bugged for The Shounen King, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work right.
At first I had thought I hadn't enough TP to use it or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'll clarify what's going on with this.
moonblack is right, I'm using default classes. So, it's definitely not bugged.
The issue is with the katana. A katana is a 2 handed sword, and in order to use Aura Blade, you need to be using a 1 handed sword. I added in the option to use the katanas to make the game a little easier for people that just like to mash attack, or who just aren't as familiar with RPG's and don't know about elemental weaknesses and what-not.
Also, as you level up, you learn more TP moves, like being able to enchant your weapon with different elements in battle. I take into account these skills while balancing, so using them makes boss battles easier.
The only way to raise TP is in battle. It's kind of a like a rage meter in MMO's, if you're familiar with that. Your TP carries over from battle to battle. While play tested, I never ran into the problem of running out though, as you build it fairly fast and you wont ever need to mash Aura Blade to win a boss fight.
Shinji62

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Hahaha.

Well, dat description in-game's pretty silly on the part of the people who made the engine, then.

Glad that's cleared up, when they say "sword skill" they actually mean "ONLY USABLE BY ONE-HANDED SWORDS LOL".
Lucky777

Postby Shinji62 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 am

Lucky777 Wrote:Hahaha.

Well, dat description in-game's pretty silly on the part of the people who made the engine, then.

Glad that's cleared up, when they say "sword skill" they actually mean "ONLY USABLE BY ONE-HANDED SWORDS LOL".

lol, seriously.
I'll see if I can change the description or not. If so, I'll update it for episode 2. Which, btw, may come sooner than expected. I was working on a total of 4 projects, including this one, but now I've dropped 2 of them, so I have a little more time to devote here. Right now, I hope to have a demo up by the summer, but it really just depends.
Shinji62

Postby roskrad » Mon May 13, 2013 9:45 am

Just tried your game and its pretty good, keep up the good work! Also could you add a button to hide the text box like Harem did?
roskrad

Postby Shinji62 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:08 am

roskrad Wrote:Just tried your game and its pretty good, keep up the good work! Also could you add a button to hide the text box like Harem did?

I would if I knew how, but I have 0 programming knowledge, so I have no idea how to go about doing that.
Shinji62

Previous

Return to Creative Corner