[VX ACE] Project X: Rifts. Not the Sonic game.

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

[VX ACE] Project X: Rifts. Not the Sonic game.

Postby TheSinningSaint » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Update 24_Aug:

Link 1
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6aNVIdIhliJYlhNTXlnanFScjA&usp=sharing

Link 2

[link=]http://dfiles.eu/files/mu39yzcmk?redirect[/link]

All thoughts, questions, and feedback welcome. I'm still polishing out the rough edges. In the next update I'm hoping to add my own art and also tighten everything up. Once that's done I'll create the female version and then more onto the next point. Hope you all enjoy.

Hi everyone,

Well, here is the update that moves the game to Ace. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Here the developing blog which I'll be updating.

http://sinningsaintgames.blogspot.co.uk/

S.S.
Last edited by TheSinningSaint on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TheSinningSaint

Re: Project X

Postby supersentai » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 am

Interesting game you are making :) I am fairly new to rpg maker recently few months back. Now I am attempting to make an H game myself. I be looking forward toward your game when you update. Btw I was fool for a moment when I saw that title because there another Sonic H game titled Project X: A love potion disaster. lol
supersentai
Newly Registered

Postby TheSinningSaint » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for commenting, I'm hoping to have the demo up soon. Actually I named it Project X in honour (or perhaps dishonour) of that crossover RPG with Sega, Namco and Capcom characters. My game will be more of a Nintendo/Namco/Capcom/Sega/Konami/Square-Eniox/whatever else I can think of. If it becomes a problem I'm more then happy to change the project's name.

I'm going to try and put the demo up today, though keep in mind it's still an early build. Its more just to see how it all works together and to give you guys a taste. I'll release a much more polished version, with a proper intro, next week.

If anyone has any questions feel more then free to ask.

Demo is now up for download - you can find it on my blog :)

http://sinningsaintgames.blogspot.co.uk/p/downloads.html

If its not too much trouble be sure to read my posts on the blog. All feedback is welcome either here or on the blog.

Thanks all.
Last edited by TheSinningSaint on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSinningSaint

Postby Chocolatnave » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:32 pm

What character/s are you working on/planning to work on next? If you do create a new playable character, will we be able to play as them in the next release?
Chocolatnave

Postby TheSinningSaint » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:29 am

Chocolatnave Wrote:What character/s are you working on/planning to work on next? If you do create a new playable character, will we be able to play as them in the next release?

Well, as it currently stands I'm more interested in completed part 1 of the story before really considering player character - unless people what the choice of the female/futa character. What I plan is for your interaction with other character to change depending on your character and sexual preference. For example, if you pick a male character and state you're gay - then Claire Redfield would be swapped for Leon Kennedy. This change would also happen if you were playing a girl character and said you wanted to be straight. You can be bi if you want. This decision would also effect the number of secrets allowing you to find yuri, yaoi, futa, and straight pictures.

This would mostly be a cosmetic thing for the most part, but I am considering branching. Honestly though, that's a pretty lofty idea for the game and that might come quite late due to time. As much as I would like to work on this more, I have a real life and money to make :/ Still, it is something I would like to add. I wouldn't mind a marriage feature either - set it up so if you do a certain amount of task for a character you can get them to fall in love with you. But again, that's just an idea.

At the moment I'm more concerned with making sure everything that is core is working. Once that's done then I can work on expansion.

As for characters... well, I kinda of don't want to spoil that just yet. There are currently Four characters in the game for you to interact with. One of those characters is recruitable to your party, provided you can find them - though they're a little hard to miss :P Finding the secret scene with them, though, might prove to be a little more of challenge.

Anyway, sorry for being a little vague about that... Still, I hope you've enjoyed the demo.

S.S.
TheSinningSaint

Postby AllenAndArth » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:17 am

i'll give it a chance, seems cool :ugeek:
AllenAndArth

Postby konowal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:41 am

after defeat the slimes when i talk to tifa and agree to help her it give me a loop.When i don`t talk to tifa just go to the cellar it work`s ok.
konowal

Postby TheSinningSaint » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 pm

[quote="konowal"]after defeat the slimes when i talk to tifa and agree to help her it give me a loop.[/quo]

Whoa! Don't know what happened there. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'll fix it and upload a new demo. Guess I was more tired then I realised. Sorry everyone.
TheSinningSaint

Postby RockSora2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 pm

YAY!!!! Found all the secrets! You reduced me to just clicking everything. Best 5 minutes ever.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Your fate lies in your own hands. Your hands can change fate. Life is a great adventure. Death an even greater one. May God have mercy on your soul. Even the purest of Hearts contains Darkness.
RockSora2

Postby TheSinningSaint » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 pm

RockSora2 Wrote:YAY!!!! Found all the secrets! You reduced me to just clicking everything. Best 5 minutes ever.

Is that sarcasm? Genuine question here :P If not then, yay! What were your thoughts on the demo? If it was sarcasm... then, you bitch? ;)
TheSinningSaint

Postby Kurushimi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Link is broken. Download restarts at 0% after reaching ~10%. Please find some other place to host it.
Kurushimi

Postby TheSinningSaint » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Kurushimi Wrote:Link is broken. Download restarts at 0% after reaching ~10%. Please find some other place to host it.

Really? OKay, I'll find somewhere else.

Edit: Okay, new link is up. Hope that solves the problem.

MOD EDIT: When editing a post, it's generally recommended to put your edits in as such.
TheSinningSaint

Postby Kurushimi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks, downloading now.

EDIT: Download went off perfectly fine, with approximately 1.5x speed compared to google docs. However, I am unable to install the RPG maker pack that is required for the game due to complicated circumstances, so I won't be playing this any time soon.
Kurushimi

Postby NomNomNom » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 am

ahm havent played much but
->esc doesnt work, im not sure if its only with the mage or sth else
->the theif cant use the basic sword but he can use the sword for i believe 160 gold :D
->a fast forward button would be nice :D ->to scroll the texts + expressions are nice but pls dnt add those long pauses in the conversation or not so many same goes for expressions ^_^
-->since i wanted to try out the different classes but it took me one and a half minute to get past the dialogue with tifa when i wanted to skip it :/
->you start with i believe 200exp?
havent played past the first scene though...

looks interesting and i rly like the choice of picking my own char and class ^_^ i hope to see more options in the future
NomNomNom

Postby TheSinningSaint » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 am

NomNomNom Wrote:ahm havent played much but
->esc doesnt work, im not sure if its only with the mage or sth else
->the theif cant use the basic sword but he can use the sword for i believe 160 gold :D
->a fast forward button would be nice :D ->to scroll the texts + expressions are nice but pls dnt add those long pauses in the conversation or not so many same goes for expressions ^_^
-->since i wanted to try out the different classes but it took me one and a half minute to get past the dialogue with tifa when i wanted to skip it :/
->you start with i believe 200exp?
havent played past the first scene though...

looks interesting and i rly like the choice of picking my own char and class ^_^ i hope to see more options in the future

ESC doesn't work for you? Hmm, anyone else having this problem? A for the thief the other two classes haven't really been tested yet. Actually the thief was meant to be given a basic dagger - a weaker weapon, but it was fast and had a chance of critical hit. Must have not set that up, I'll have to change that. As for the expressions I'm still experimenting with story telling devices as the game would have a great focus on story, but I don't want to bore the player so there is a balance to try and strike there.

I'd be curious to hear the rest of your thoughts on playing through the rest of the demo.
TheSinningSaint

Postby TheSinningSaint » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:49 am

Sorry for the double post, but I working on the update of the demo. I'm hoping to add the ability to play as the female character and complete the hentai scene with their writing. I was wondering if the people who have played the demo wouldn't mind giving them their first impressions or thoughts so I can keep them in mind as I refine and expand the game?

Thanks very much.

S.S.
TheSinningSaint

Postby STUPIDGUARDIAN » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 pm

I would love to tell you what I think of this game, but it appears every time I launch the game I get an error saying "RGSS202E.dll could not be found.". Not sure if this is just me that doesn't have the knowledge to launch a game or something wrong with a file.

May I also make a request that you add characters from the Metal Gear series?
STUPIDGUARDIAN
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Dem .dll errors often come from trying to play an Rpg-maker game without the requisite RTP. (Run-time package)

Just from looking at the screenshot of this game I think it's in VX, so you can get that RTP, but really, you might as well just get all 3 so you'll be good to go regardless.
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package
...That's just for English games though.

For games like the spectacular "Violated Heroine", it's worth getting the Japanese RTP too, but in that case you'd probably want to set your computer's language for non-unicode programs to japanese first, before you try to unzip the thing.
You can find the instructions here http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/VH/Setup and as far as I know (which is not far at all) if you just set the language for non-unicode programs to japanese, you won't even need to use applocale.
If I remember right, the link ya need to click to get the japanese RTP downloaded looks like this:
Attachments
Moonspeak.png
Lucky777

Postby Darthan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:39 pm

STUPIDGUARDIAN Wrote:I would love to tell you what I think of this game, but it appears every time I launch the game I get an error saying "RGSS202E.dll could not be found.". Not sure if this is just me that doesn't have the knowledge to launch a game or something wrong with a file.

May I also make a request that you add characters from the Metal Gear series?

You need to install the RTP for RPGMaker VX. It can be found here. Make sure that you install the one for VX, not VX Ace.
Darthan

Postby NomNomNom » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Ahm ye i finished the demo
->you can move through a lot of dacorative items, mostly wall-decorations
--->you may use this as a secret path though :P

->the chain of events isnt perfect yet
--->you may walk into the bedroom without talking to tifa for the last scene(after the boss)
--->to prevent some of them you could deny the option of entering the bedroom without talking to tifa prior

This game certainly has a lot of potential like pretty much every game :P
NomNomNom

Next

Return to Creative Corner