Indie H-Games : S.H.E.V.C

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Indie H-Games : S.H.E.V.C

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi guys, just want to share an Hentai game that we currently developing.

It`s a combination of Space trading games with dating simulation, where in the end you can marry one of the NPC available.Here`s some screenshot of the game :

Image[/url]

Follow us on http://marionette-h-gameworks.blogspot.jp/ for development updates, any critics and impressions are welcome.
MarionetteHGameworks

Re: Indie H-Games : S.H.E.V.C

Postby zolpidem » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:39 pm

I love the idea of a Freelancer/WC: Privateer/Elite (if you're old enough to know those last two) type game including RPG aspects and dating. Maybe even making it so you have to hire a crew and including staff NPCs that you may or may not necessarily date? Seeing you add greater detail to the cultures and social/political/economic relationships between the different races would also make it rather special, but all that effort into the writing would be a pain. I would focus more on the core gameplay before all that. I like the pixel art and the general gameplay concept you have now is appealing. All I would really love to see are plenty of RPG aspects, a character creator, good dialogue options, and the ability to have your own character (as opposed to playing someone already pre-determined). Of course, it would also be nice to have lots of dating choices.

I am actually LOVING the combat so far. It's simple, and a 3D plane would be best for a space game, but I actually really enjoy the maneuvering that has to be done. I hope you will include more ships, weapons, ship utilities and parts, and so on.

A few more suggestions:

- Big map with lots of systems, if possible.
- Ability to walk around on ship and interact with NPC(s).
- More places to visit on a station (bar, bounty hunter guild, mining guild, non-freelance trade jobs).

Big apology if I'm overwhelming you, or mentioning something you already said in your blog. Either way, looks good so far. Just keep working on it.
zolpidem

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:32 am

Thank you zolpidem, we have 2 people writing on the stories and dialog now so i think it's not a big problem.As for the rpg aspect, i really want to make the game scale small in order not to burn out myself, but if i can find another member along the way i might be implementing those features.The idea to walk on your own ships is great, never thought about that, i was thinking about after you got married, your wife will be in the captain's cabin where there's an option to make out or something 8-)
MarionetteHGameworks

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:14 am

Looks cool!
Zeus Kabob

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Thank you Zeus!here`s another small progress for today :
An assault craft!
MarionetteHGameworks

Postby Throbby » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 am

Ahhhhh... Privateer... *That* takes me back. I loved the damage systems in the WC games; nothing worse than getting whomped by a Jalkehi fighter and suddenly realizing that you couldn't turn left any more. >:)

But yes, please make more of this. There are tons of "sim" games out there, so if you really want this to stand out, consider having many different paths to take. Just make sure one of them is Space Slave-raper/Pirate/Harem Lord. 'Cause, you know, that's a hard gig to get in real life.
Throbby

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:27 pm

@ Throbby : Maybe a frigate class ship fill with various alien sex slaves?sounds awesome!keep the idea coming guys!

Today`s progress :

An assault drone!

Oh, anybody have an experience selling H-games on DLsite?I will try to sell it there once it`s done, just want to know what I`m going to face.If you can share your stories i will be more than thankful :D
MarionetteHGameworks

Postby SSG_SP4RH4WK » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 pm

The artwork on the girl is not bad. I would recommend smoothing the edges on the dithering when compared to the harsh lines around it. You could also lesson the darker colors around the outlines by building up shade from it as well (after changing the black to a darker skin tone). Otherwise looks cool!
SSG_SP4RH4WK

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:57 am

Thank you Hawk, the pixel still need more work i guess.

A sketch to kinda compare height of the races.

MarionetteHGameworks

Postby SSG_SP4RH4WK » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:26 am

Was going to do a palette swap and test some theories on your sprite, but realized you expanded it funny. As a word of advice, when you expand a sprite to show it off, and don't mind others playing with it, make it so that it re-samples by nearest neighbor!
SSG_SP4RH4WK

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:37 am

Was going to do a palette swap and test some theories on your sprite, but realized you expanded it funny. As a word of advice, when you expand a sprite to show it off, and don't mind others playing with it, make it so that it re-samples by nearest neighbor!

Noted ;)
MarionetteHGameworks

Postby SSG_SP4RH4WK » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Took your drawing, re-sized it, did a quick and dirty line art, tested some colors, this is where I am at now. I always say that by coloring someone's art works you learn their biggest strengths and weaknesses. Skin tone below the bra is almost finished, just missing final color for "shine/highlighting'. Thought I would give you an idea on how I do it. Not a fan of how the panties sit on this one, or how the bra hooks is on the breasts.
Attachments
comparisson.png
testingresize.png
testingresize.png (6.83 KiB) Viewed 26492 times
SSG_SP4RH4WK

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Damn!The dithering is awesome! :shock: and the palette selection is more realistic!Thank you very much, i learned a lot looking on your example.You don`t mind if i test it again with your color pallet?
MarionetteHGameworks

Postby SSG_SP4RH4WK » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Sleep time for me, still not happy with the underwear, but at least it is more presentable. I want to rework face, I never gave myself enough room to work in all the details, need to do hair, then touch up highlights.

Edit; forgot to ask, since I am just bored and takingmyself seriously atm, but do you have color limit? 8/16/32? Do you have color restrictions (black), will you be using all transparencies? Will you animate?
Attachments
testing 7.png
testing 7.png (18.23 KiB) Viewed 26467 times
SSG_SP4RH4WK

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm pretty sure i won't be using more than 16, and maybe will try to avoid any black color, and still don't know about the transparencies :lol: , if i can find some one to help me out with graphic maybe i'll try to animate. Thanks and can't wait your finished version. ;)
MarionetteHGameworks

Postby SSG_SP4RH4WK » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Currently I am way over that allotment.
16 colors / 14 if you include black/transparency.
4 for skins/ 4 for primary / 3 secondary / 3 alt. / 1 black (or dark) / 1 transparency.

Seems good to me.
SSG_SP4RH4WK

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:40 pm

Today`s progress guys;

MarionetteHGameworks

Postby SSG_SP4RH4WK » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:23 pm

With pixel art like that, who needs other artists pshhh.

Looks like a modified f-16, super slick. My only criticism though, is a matter of preferences. The line that runs down the center fold out wings, love the yellow but it's flat compared to the rest of those warm golden yellows. Not sure if I like the double black lines too but, once again matter of preferences. 9/10
SSG_SP4RH4WK

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Ha ha but I still need a hand to make the sprite, my hand is already full with building the game.
Always appreciate on your feedback Hawk, working on another sprite as we speak,can't wait to show you :D
MarionetteHGameworks

Postby zolpidem » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:20 am

MarionetteHGameworks Wrote:Thank you zolpidem, we have 2 people writing on the stories and dialog now so i think it's not a big problem.As for the rpg aspect, i really want to make the game scale small in order not to burn out myself, but if i can find another member along the way i might be implementing those features.The idea to walk on your own ships is great, never thought about that, i was thinking about after you got married, your wife will be in the captain's cabin where there's an option to make out or something 8-)

I'd love to help, but I am more trained in the vein of writing lore. Remember to keep your eye on the prize to avoid burning out.
zolpidem

Next

Return to Creative Corner