New Game Concept(Hopefully good)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

New Game Concept(Hopefully good)

Postby tantramaster128 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Ok, I have a game idea that will hopefully succeed (i do not know how to code), but before you read just a fair warning: The content may be viewed as sick and messed up to certain people.

Over the past year i have been a lurker here, but there was something missing that i could not find. The idea is there is a G.I. Jane and she was sent to an unknown world that had various amounts of creatures, she was sent there by the Global Federation of Earth to find resources so she can collect them and deposit them into her space ship to bring them back to earth and have them studied, she is also to acquire some of the natives from that planet(alive or dead ;) ) you can choose to shoot and kill or capture them in some other way. But what the global federation did not know was that their genes were compatible with humans and are able to reproduce. There will be boss fights of course and a main objective to capture at least 3 of every species and samples of the "plant" life if ya catch my drift.

Now of course being a man who believes in freedom and sharing i believe that this game should be free, but I am not the coder because i do not know how to code. But i believe that a few coders should work together on this if they are interested of course the game idea is open for feedback and comments to help improve it.

If you wish to contact me just pm me and i will answer as soon as i can.

If any coder is interested please post your email in the comments and if you have any feedback for the idea please comment and i will adjust it to everyone's liking.
tantramaster128

Re: New Game Concept(Hopefully good)

Postby BlueLight » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:24 pm

tantramaster128 Wrote:Ok, I have a game idea that will hopefully succeed (i do not know how to code), but before you read just a fair warning: The content may be viewed as sick and messed up to certain people.

Over the past year i have been a lurker here, but there was something missing that i could not find. The idea is there is a G.I. Jane and she was sent to an unknown world that had various amounts of creatures, she was sent there by the Global Federation of Earth to find resources so she can collect them and deposit them into her space ship to bring them back to earth and have them studied, she is also to acquire some of the natives from that planet(alive or dead ;) ) you can choose to shoot and kill or capture them in some other way. But what the global federation did not know was that their genes were compatible with humans and are able to reproduce. There will be boss fights of course and a main objective to capture at least 3 of every species and samples of the "plant" life if ya catch my drift.

Now of course being a man who believes in freedom and sharing i believe that this game should be free, but I am not the coder because i do not know how to code. But i believe that a few coders should work together on this if they are interested of course the game idea is open for feedback and comments to help improve it.

If you wish to contact me just pm me and i will answer as soon as i can.

If any coder is interested please post your email in the comments and if you have any feedback for the idea please comment and i will adjust it to everyone's liking.

To head up a project like this, you kinda need to be a jack of all trades, a master of none! If you were to start learning to program in java, then i'd be more likely to help you.
That being said, more people use flash here than java.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Mr D » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Well here is my initial reaction upon reading this.

tantramaster128 Wrote:Ok, I have a game idea that will hopefully succeed (i do not know how to code)

And it is dead ladies and gentleman, good night.

But seriously you sort of need to know a bit of everything just to get started. You did not include what you can do to make this project work (please do not say writing and script). Can you draw? If you can how, pixel or vector? Do you have experience with java ,flash or RPG maker? How about animation, do you have experience in it and will it be in your project? Who the heck is G.I. Jane? A rule #63 of G.I. Joe from the cartoons? Will it be an RPG, platformer, strategy or pick-a-story game?
You see all of those are the most basic things that most people do not even glance over.
I am not trying to be an asshole over here. Those are just some of the first thing you should establish if you want people to get on board without having any actual content.
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby BlueLight » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Mr D Wrote:Well here is my initial reaction upon reading this.

tantramaster128 Wrote:Ok, I have a game idea that will hopefully succeed (i do not know how to code)

And it is dead ladies and gentleman, good night.

But seriously you sort of need to know a bit of everything just to get started. You did not include what you can do to make this project work (please do not say writing and script). Can you draw? If you can how, pixel or vector? Do you have experience with java ,flash or RPG maker? How about animation, do you have experience in it and will it be in your project? Who the heck is G.I. Jane? A rule #63 of G.I. Joe from the cartoons? Will it be an RPG, platformer, strategy or pick-a-story game?
You see all of those are the most basic things that most people do not even glance over.
I am not trying to be an asshole over here. Those are just some of the first thing you should establish if you want people to get on board without having any actual content.

You should have seen my original post to him the i didn't post. Basically called him out for having no respect for the art of programming. You have to get your hands dirtty before you really understand how fucked up programming is.
BlueLight

Postby Mr D » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:26 pm

BlueLight Wrote:You should have seen my original post to him the i didn't post. Basically called him out for having no respect for the art of programming. You have to get your hands dirtty before you really understand how fucked up programming is.

Would love to see that post. But no kidding programing is hard as hell. Especially if you memory suck...and you have to write everything you learned on a piece of paper...and look at every single time like an idiot to do something because nothing sticks. And then that shit just does not work so you turn it off and come back to it later, change nothing and it suddenly fucking works so you can just sit there looking at it like a retard going "IMPSSIBRUUUU"...fucking hate coding T_T. But respect for the people that can do it.
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby N1GHTM4R3 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Programming is an art, and not everyone can handle it. That being said, a video game has a lot of components that go into it. If you're not having a purely text based game, then you:
A- Need a good group working with you.
B- Need a lot of time to work on it.
or C- Need to ultimately use other people's code.

Now I'm not very experienced, so I might be leaving things out, or I might just be wrong on certain things. But I do know that the reason most games fail on this site is because there's a lack of motivation, and commitment. People either don't have the time, or aren't willing to spend the time to make the game that they want. Having an Idea is great. And if you're good enough at coding and understand computers, pretty much anything is possible. But that doesn't mean it's quick, or easy. Things take time. Especially programming. And I don't think you can come here with an idea and expect to find other people to code for you... But there's no harm in trying I guess.
N1GHTM4R3

Postby Elerneron » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Good luck with getting a programmer. I have my game extensively laid out, pretty much an entire professional looking GUI drawn, a tremendous amount of interest at Futanari Palace where it is posted, and I haven't gotten a nibble from my pleas for a python coder . . . well maybe a nibble, but my game is too big for the one nibble I had as they were working on their own project. You are probably going to have to do what I've done, bite the bullet and dive into the coding yourself.
Elerneron

Postby tantramaster128 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:24 am

1) i understand how hard programming is trust me i tried it and i messed up a lot i couldn;t even make a simple "shop" code
2) kinda figured it would go text and cg and i'm good with words when i get into the heat of the moment
3) it was more merely a game idea with no aspect of anyone replying that being said everyone can just go about their normal business and pretend this post never happened
tantramaster128

Postby BlueLight » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:06 am

tantramaster128 Wrote:1) i understand how hard programming is trust me i tried it and i messed up a lot i couldn;t even make a simple "shop" code
2) kinda figured it would go text and cg and i'm good with words when i get into the heat of the moment
3) it was more merely a game idea with no aspect of anyone replying that being said everyone can just go about their normal business and pretend this post never happened

So the reason my orginal post wasn't posted is because it sounded too harsh. Now if you'd like to learn how to program i'm more than willing to help you!
You'll just be forced to stick with java until you have that under your belt and second you won't be working on big projects.

i suggest you go out and get you're self a "Teach your self bla blah blah" book. I'll be more than willing to look over any code they give you.
*PSTS*, i might have some PDF's you can have.*
If i may suggest, we work on this shop code you wanted to make. But once you have the very basics down.
BlueLight

Postby tantramaster128 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:31 pm

It's ok don't worry I don't have too much free time nowadays between work and well yea work, typing the game would have been easier than to learn coding so I would have made time and the shop code was more than a few years ago in college my friend was majoring in computer science
tantramaster128

Postby Cobalt » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Well I think the idea itself could work out good. I am a programmer with very little experience in designing games. So if you only need someone for doing the programming, I would offer you my help. But making a game is much more then just an idea and a programmer. Even developing a good idea takes time and is work. So far there only is a harsh outline of the story. What is missing in first place is an idea how the game will work. So think about game mechanics. What can you do and how will it work (hunting creatures? Yeah, but how?). Will it be a sidescroller? Maybe a 3D game? Or perhaps some sort of online game? Is it more a strategy game? Will there be RPG aspects? Etc..

Then you need to outline the plot a little more. That would be what you do, eh? Writing text. Developing the idea further.

Oh and yea: don't forget about the design. How will things look. Who can do the artistic stuff?

If the aspects I mentioned are solved, I could do the programming work. Well, at least if it should be programmed in C# or C++. I know too little of Java for programming something like this on my own. Plus Java is a little, meh (in my opinion). What I can not offer: Adobe Flash. I could create the game engine, something like a level editor and stuff. I cannot do any creative work like writing a story or designing characters (I suck at creativity). I would do this as kind of an exercise.
Cobalt

Postby AllenAndArth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:19 pm

I suck at programing, but, I approve the idea!
AllenAndArth

Postby tantramaster128 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Cobalt Wrote:Well I think the idea itself could work out good. I am a programmer with very little experience in designing games. So if you only need someone for doing the programming, I would offer you my help. But making a game is much more then just an idea and a programmer. Even developing a good idea takes time and is work. So far there only is a harsh outline of the story. What is missing in first place is an idea how the game will work. So think about game mechanics. What can you do and how will it work (hunting creatures? Yeah, but how?). Will it be a sidescroller? Maybe a 3D game? Or perhaps some sort of online game? Is it more a strategy game? Will there be RPG aspects? Etc..

Then you need to outline the plot a little more. That would be what you do, eh? Writing text. Developing the idea further.

Oh and yea: don't forget about the design. How will things look. Who can do the artistic stuff?

If the aspects I mentioned are solved, I could do the programming work. Well, at least if it should be programmed in C# or C++. I know too little of Java for programming something like this on my own. Plus Java is a little, meh (in my opinion). What I can not offer: Adobe Flash. I could create the game engine, something like a level editor and stuff. I cannot do any creative work like writing a story or designing characters (I suck at creativity). I would do this as kind of an exercise.

I was thinking the gameplay would be more along the lines of side scrolling and it could be 3d if we find an artist, but of course it would be text and cg for the sex scenes unless i find someone who will animate stuff C++ sounds better than java, the creature hunting she will have a gun and kill for their dna or she can screw it out of them and collect their seed. And this was merely an idea to hopefully spark someones imagination and they can improve it, im very open for suggestions and criticism and i can't really draw too detailed but i can draw the building outlines and what not but other than that we need an artist, ok the plot lets see there could be human outlaws on the planet that dont take too kindly of an attitude to the federations puppets and thats about all i can think of now i have some other ideas but theyre not too good i.e a sanity bar(who likes those?) or a submissive bar(kinda better but IF we make it we should have a poll for it focus on the if)
tantramaster128

Return to Creative Corner