GreasyGoose's Scrapped Project

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

GreasyGoose's Scrapped Project

Postby GreasyGoose » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:03 am

The idea for this game: You are an elf and your forest gets destroyed. So you need to fight of the goblin hordes and nurse your forest back to health.

I suck at drawing and animating so I ended up just giving up. There's plenty of glitches and unfinished parts but feel free to try it out. Your character page can be brought down with spacebar, and the forest's life can be changed with the "cheat" buttons. A few of the sex scenes require a somewhat healthy forest.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

ScrappedProject.swf [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 19398 times ]

GreasyGoose

Re: GreasyGoose's Scrapped Project

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:37 am

Well I have to say I'm sorry to see this got scrapped. I can tell already that is had a lot of potential. I hope one day you may decide to pick it back up. :-(
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby devron » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 am

Honestly, I have to agree with WonderGamer - what you've posted is fun. Should continue it.
devron
Newly Registered

Postby jay1992 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:44 am

how many scenes are there and how do u use combat sex
jay1992
Newly Registered

Postby Duplicity » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:49 am

The art is pretty good. There are a few things to fix up, but really you could do that easily.
None of the spells work yet, I wanted the nurse spell to change the outfit into a nurse one and 'nurse' one of my allies or the enemy.
But yeah Hope you see your way to picking it up again.
If there are any complaints, queries, bills or cheques.
Please log them by throwing a rock at the darkest corner you see.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:15 am

I like the story the most. Music is good, too. Would you mind posting the .fla? I would like to maybe help you out with your engine til my project gets started back up. I'm capable of some graphic design, but not sure you'll like my characters. It is my general opinion that when doing flash games, treat everything toony. I'd down the proportions to 6 head lengths make the faces more like pixar or old school disney. As for animation, i've been reading up on it, may be able to help you. All my resources are on lock down due to some ransomware, so I can't pass out my LoK engine. :(
Terrantor!!!

Postby Bartangelus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:21 pm

That's too bad you stop this project because it has a lot potential and it's very in the legend of krystal spirit !

Maybe you can progress step by step rather than want to do all in a short time and finally give up ? Or build a team to help you ?

If you still want to update your project here my report :

Bugs

_ If you come back to the area with the bear you can redo the sex scene but it add a bear each time ( I made me an army with it xD)

_ Skills doesn't work

_ It seems that the more you have unit in your team the less the new unit will inflict damage (my last bear was useless to deal damage but he can still serve as a target to prevent the other unit).

_ If all your unit are dead there is no game over you can engage battle but you will loose immediatly and your are blocked.

Improvement needed

_More object to regain health
_ A better organisation of the battlefield with first ligne and second line to protect your most important unit.
_ Possibility to equip or leave a weapon on the character of your choice.
_ More detailled stat (basic stat + experience gained and experience needed for the second level)

I know you cancel this project but that just in case you decide to go back to it^^

Sorry for bad english !

(love the rabbit scene)
Bartangelus

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:52 pm

To be quite honest, I think I would have played the shit out of this thing. It appears to have a randomization factor that keeps me coming back to games. So far the only thing that seems to work is attack & block, but what he has is good enough to have me interested enough that I would like to see it finished. Although the character models on the goblins are a bit rough, I absolutely love the graphics, models, music & entire concept of the game.

EDIT: After looking at some of your other submissions, I think I see why you scrapped all your projects. People can be too demanding, it only drives the person working on the game to not care about finishing it. I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors...
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby SpartianArts » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:41 pm

good game, moar!
SpartianArts

Postby TheSinningSaint » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Out of interest, how many "scenes" are in this? Did the bear, the rabbit, and the flash after you lose the first fight? Also, is there a progression point, because I seem to just get in a loop of fighting goblins? Really, really, liking the look of this game! I hope you decide to perhaps continue :)
TheSinningSaint

Postby Demonblood » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:52 pm

You should Continue if not pls post Fla so others can

List of problems i ran into
Spawn of random Enemy's
No heal (there is a Apple if u walk back to were u fall down(+10 HP Only for leader)
can not remove party members like the Bear or rabbit
Dmg other then leader is not Equal or fair
Also Right Click Forward will skip u to were u are collapsed with your Starter party

things i can Recommend Take other Models and Remake them for Example Take the Peach, Samus Etc and Redo there Heads same for Enemy's other then that Ask around for someone to do ur Art You got a Great Start
Demonblood

Postby GreasyGoose » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:24 pm

jay1992 Wrote:how many scenes are there and how do u use combat sex

I think there are only 4 scenes and no combat sex. I had planned on adding it but ended up just giving up.

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Would you mind posting the .fla? I would like to maybe help you out with your engine til my project gets started back up. I'm capable of some graphic design, but not sure you'll like my characters. It is my general opinion that when doing flash games, treat everything toony. I'd down the proportions to 6 head lengths make the faces more like pixar or old school disney. As for animation, i've been reading up on it, may be able to help you. All my resources are on lock down due to some ransomware, so I can't pass out my LoK engine.

Yeah I'll post it soon. I just want to clean up some of the bugs and sloppy code.

TheSinningSaint Wrote:Out of interest, how many "scenes" are in this? Did the bear, the rabbit, and the flash after you lose the first fight? Also, is there a progression point, because I seem to just get in a loop of fighting goblins?

Yes and Yes, after a point going too far east will just re-trigger the last group of enemies you fought.
GreasyGoose

Postby Toulon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:29 am

Hey, I'm just a long time lurker here and my opinion may not count for much, but I'm quite glad I had a look in this thread. What you have so far is great!

And I have to disagree that you "suck at drawing and animating" ! The goblins may look "rough" as WonderGamer said, but that suits their character anyway. The animations could do with some fine-tuning, but they are by no means bad. (except the sex scenes, those are already good)

And that bear scene is epic. One of the best things I've seen around here. And the rabbit, anal is always a plus in my book!

You just have to keep at it, as someone once said "There are no good artists, just bad artists who didn't give up."
Toulon
Newly Registered

Postby roskrad » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Its a shame you scraped this, its pretty cool.
roskrad

Return to Creative Corner