Cuberty

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Cuberty

Postby nonthreateninggreyspace » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Howdy internet people,

I've decided to put together a game called "Cuberty", at least until I can think of something more clever. It'll be like the game Infectonator (http://armorgames.com/play/5020/) except instead of spreading a zombie virus through a bunch of people milling around, you're cupid firing an arrow into a crowd of people, trying to turn the whole place into an orgy via chain reaction.

Bare-bones non-functional demo (See update below, this is as good as it's getting indefinitely)
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

LZ.swf [ 827.14 KiB | Viewed 15892 times ]

Basic Gameplay
As Cupid, you will survey a human settlement from above, arrow ready. You will fire a straight arrow, and anyone hit by it will have their prudence (a stat each person will have) dropped straight to zero, causing themto go on the prowl for someone to fuck (they'll have a stamina that gradually drops, and they collapse when it hits zero). The non-affected will be horrified, but the sensual displays by the prowlers will cause their prudence to drop as they flee. If it goes to zero and they get tagged by a prowler, sex happens, and there's a chance that once they're both down they'll both go on the prowl. Potentially this will cascade, and everyone in the entire building will end up having sex with each other. World peace achieved.

Beyond that the levels will be designed for replayability--causing some mayhem on a level will make it easier to cause when you replay said level. New areas will be unlocked and people and objects in the level may be modified.

The current level (and potentially only one that I'll finish) is St. Mary's School for Girl's Above the Age of Consent. But I've thought of some other fun places like:
- office building
- the mall
- movie set
- a cathedral (sorry, I kind of get off on blasphemy)
And as long as we're being creative, you could also do:
- the white house
- comic-con
- the royal court of Louis the XIV
- Casablanca

I have some time and I thought it'd be a fun project to polish my art and programming skills. This is just the announcement. I should post something playable next Friday. I managed to keep my Tuesday deadline. We'll see.

Updates
10/22/13:
- added Nun and Schoolgirl standing pictures. Feedback is appreciated. I'm an amateur artist and I don't really know how to draw fabric well (see schoolgirl shirt.) I might also end up making the skirt plaid. It's traditional. I might also add shading. Not sure.

11/2/13:
- Oh dear. Got bored. I'm dumping what I'd put together of the demo here but it's not really playable. The screen will move if you move your mouse to the sides and you can see all the characters standing still in weird looking rooms. I might pick this up again at some future date, but that's my prerogative. I owe you know nothing, you murdering son of a bitch. They'll find you!

Next Update on Saturday 10/23/13 Potentially monk, playable demo, at least 1 sex animation. Delayed a day!

I'm going back and forth about how to make the monk look (attractive or old). Does anyone who's attracted to men have a preference? I'm curious to hear it.
Attachments
LZ Style-03.png
Schoolgirl - 1st draft
LZ Style-03.png (28.32 KiB) Viewed 18435 times
LZ Style-04.png
Level plan
LZ Style-04.png (23.46 KiB) Viewed 18435 times
PersonsRough-02.png
Nun - 1st draft
PersonsRough-02.png (18.83 KiB) Viewed 18435 times
Last edited by nonthreateninggreyspace on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nonthreateninggreyspace
Newly Registered

Re: Cuperty

Postby Duplicity » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:20 am

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to the demo.
If there are any complaints, queries, bills or cheques.
Please log them by throwing a rock at the darkest corner you see.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Re: Cuperty

Postby codered999 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:31 am

I have enjoyed playing Infectionator, so I hope this game shall be fun as well. Good luck to you.
codered999

Re: Cuberty

Postby nonthreateninggreyspace » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 pm

[Update 10/23/13] Added stills
nonthreateninggreyspace
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Remember that editing your post makes the thread disappear pending mod approval. Getting 10 posts will remove this delay.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Blood0men0 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Sounds interesting. we'll see what more comes from this

Pics are nice BTW
Blood0men0

Postby nonthreateninggreyspace » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:09 am

I think we've all learned a little something about overly optimistic deadlines. Next week.
nonthreateninggreyspace
Newly Registered

Return to Creative Corner