Thaedael's drawing board

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Thaedael's drawing board

Postby Thaedael » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:29 am

Having a shitty day, wasn't feeling well (think I caught a cold from a family member), slept 18 hours, and got into a fight with a friend over something stupid. When I get angry or stressed I tend to switch to art to let out some steam. I drew a total of 8 outfits for samus in many layers, but on paper. Tried scanning it only to find out that my scanner broke so I can't scan it. So I am going to transfer them onto sprite bases made by a buddy by the name of Chaos soda. Expect at least one or two outfits up sometime today.
Thaedael

Postby SteelSaurus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:42 am

TDael. Here's something competely original for you to look at. Ignore that fact that it's not done, nor pay any heed to the picture found on the previous page or on the Metroid Wiki site. Heck, just because my character is a blonde doesn't even mean she's Samus....

I kid, I kid, this is the progress of my vectorization of VThan's picture earlier as well as some of my own modifications to get it to fit into a PShape style.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Fuzion Samus.swf [ 86.42 KiB | Viewed 19490 times ]

I'll get right on it! Eventually...
SteelSaurus

Postby Thaedael » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:53 am

That actually looks quite good for playshapes style (normally I don't like his 3/4 view because of the oddity in anatomy, and the clothing awkwardness there of). However I have bad news for you lol, I am currently converting a couple of the drawings I made into sprite work so we will see if you like it (because if you do I have a feeling you will be making more vector artwork.
Thaedael

Postby SteelSaurus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:24 am

How's this, if you can make the sprites either detailed or big enough, I can can vectorize them no problem.
I'll get right on it! Eventually...
SteelSaurus

Postby Thaedael » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:51 am

Unfortunately, since I am being lazy, I chose not to actualy make the pixel art from scratch and using a base by someone else (essentially a sprite mannequin). Since I was lazy it's already preset size meaning that I have to make the outfit work around the frame I already chose, and so far the two I converted into sprite work don't look that good at all. The third one I am making, I modified the base so it looks much better but since it is small scale it won't be that detailed. I will keep the different sections isolate for you since I am making layers to show what is underneath each section of armor. I decided to take the outfit in a completely different direction from what most people will want so we will see how negative the reactions are when it is done (almost done).
Thaedael

Postby Thaedael » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:43 pm

This took a lot longer that I thought it would, and while I can say the time wasn't wasted, I much rather have slept instead. That being said I present to you what took forever. I had drawn all of these outfits on paper with the intention of scanning them, however since my scanner is broken, I had to resort to pixel art to share the outfits with you guys.

Credit to chaos~soda for the base (ie: the naked sprite all the way on the left, minus the nipples)
It only hit me when I was actually designing the outfits that I could try to make one that looks very much like the space pirates, since she is on a space pirate frigate in my plot line. The problem with this of course is that when I look at all the pictures of space pirates, they have a few plates of armor and the rest seems to be the enhanced forms of the space pirates. So I took a lot of liberties while keeping with the theme.

All the way on the left, is a nude Samus.

Next is first layer of clothing. The purple is actually taken from the space pirates from super metroid. The idea is that it is a weave of flexible material, most likely Kevlar, which is good at stopping projectiles but not sharp object. The purple is trauma plates (with styled purple Kevlar weave on top) which is a ceramic tile (or the metroid futuristic analogue there-of), which is used for stopping larger projectiles. As for sex, you can easily rip the Kevlar top, or just pull it up exposing the breast, or conversly pull it down exposing the breast and providing lift and more cleavage (from being pushed together). As for the bottom it can be pulled off, down, or torn.

Next layer is pretty simple. You have the Kevlar weave gloves and boots, and a corset shaped trauma plate across the stomach. Essentially it is like a cup-less corset in style that goes across the stomach and is zipped up in the back. The weave on the corset like piece would actually be diamond pattern (<><>) but because of scale I did it in lines. That means the bra can either be pulled up or down again, or cut off, and the same with the bottom.

Final layer is sectional armor based off of Space Pirate armor, the blue from the original super metroid space pirates. As for sexual encounters, the bottom piece (just the small section over the vaginal areas) would be ripped off and the under armor either pulled aside or torn (use same animation from before). The breast can be exposed again much in the same way, however a tit~job would not be that comfortable.

Since most people would be too anal to consider non~traditional armor, I decided to make this one just to be on the safe side. Essentially this piece is inspired to be a full body vacuum-safe suit. It would be used in boarding enemy vessels where the atmospheric conditions are unknown and to provide protection without compromising maneuverability. It is also colored to be like all of the original suit samus wore. This is a variation based off of the space pirate outfit, so yes there are similarities.

Left: Typical nude Samus

Next Layer: Someone said a see through armor top would be nice, so to do that we need some topless nudity. To do that the best solution was to go for a topless corset style under armor. To make it credible there are straps in the front to adjust the tightness. The color is basically an allusion to zero-suit samus (which I actually don't care for). Since she is topless she can pretty much do all the breast play you guys want. Her bottom can be pulled to the side, or down, or torn off, etc.

Next Layer: Grey body liner is actually incorporated with the body armor over it, there would be a seam on the side under the chest plate that would allow you to slide into it. Sexual positions would essentially be the same, except for the lack of breast play. The bottom can be ripped off, then the under armor torn etc.

The one to the right is another variation, just adding the trademark red.

Underneath both of them is the green transparent armor which can be ripped off.

This is my second favorite one, after the space pirate version. This one was the one that took the second longest one to make (even though it is so simple) because it is based off of metroid research ( I looked at all the armors) and by looking at real life armor (which there are a lot of). Essentially its for battle in close quarters, there is Kevlar weave under-suit, trauma plates over that, and then one extra thick trauma plate on the front.

Left: Typical naked samus

First Layer: Essentially the same as the space pirate, kevlar weave with trauma plates. Trauma plates can resist bullets but they are weaved into the clothing so you can actually cut three sides of the fabric around it and it would fall down (That's right its functional for getting sexual action in, that's how far ahead I plan). Not only that but it is actually realistic that it can stop bullets but not sharp edged weapons. Same with the bottom piece.

Second Layer: Trauma plates on top of the undersuit. They would be 2 piece that interlock on the side (there would be a seem running on the outside of the leg if you were to look from the side). Think of it being hinged on both sides which can be opened, so if you want to have breast play you can open it up and there you go. The bottom can be ripped off and the clothes under neath ripped.

Third Layer: Essentially a large trauma plate on the front adding more curvature for better chance of deflection and impact absorption. It won't come off.

So those are the three I got converted for now. The last one is based off the federation troopers from metroid prime 2 (not yet posted). A lot of thought went into this so I hope you enjoy. I will also make weapons since I don't really want arm cannon (however I want that cannon that the federation troopers use that you put your arm into but isn't an arm cannon that samus use, so that she can be stripped of her weapon in the scenes). Helmets will be done too

Tommorrow/later today, I go back to map design, so get some critiques on the final version of the starting room (up above).
Thaedael

Postby 8749 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:47 am

I remember reading a post from before that stated there was "too much armour" so I was thinking having a little circled section around the mouse that can "X-ray" things would be pretty neat. Prehapes the ability to switch between layers by scrolling would be nice?

Postby Valithan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:57 am

Very spiffy pixel designs so far Thaedael, and very elaborate on the armor purposing and detailing. There's also something else to them that's a bit charming, not quite sure, but they do remind me of Princess Maker 2, like the highly detailed portions of the game, or I guess a variety of similar older DOS games that used very spiffy pixilation.

I was looking over a few more of the canon suit designs, and playing with how to effeminate/sexify them, and I had a silly concept I couldn't help but work out:

Door Suit Samus!

So long as you don't use like the one particular beam, those things are practically indestructible. :lol: I did start out sketching out a design based on the Prime adaptation of the doors, but I liked how this one came out a whole like more. And rather than use my typical female proportioning model, I went with the side view reminiscent of the PShapes samus. The crotch barrier wouldn't actually be visible across the leg like that, I just left it like that to get across the idea that it runs from front to back.

edit: made an open/close version.
Valithan

Postby Thaedael » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Ok guys back from my small break. It was the week I go up to the mountains to visit a friend's grave. So I am back. I love the suit you drew a lot more than the space pirate one I made. I think we have the best non~canon suit (pun VERY much intended).

I will get back to working on this some time later today after I catch up on 4 days of lack of sleep.
Thaedael

Postby Valithan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:35 am

Also I like what you drew/posted. If I can get you to draw more (I got some things I would add in layers under and over what you provided) let me know. As a reward I would convert it into sprites for you too

I would've shot you a pm, but since I don't have that feature enabled yet (not enough forum participation yet :/) but now that you're back from your break, is there anything in particular I can draw/assist you with atm?
Valithan

Postby Thaedael » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:08 am

NOT DEAD YET!!!....
...but my computer is

No update for a while got you sad? Wondering what happened to all that momentum that was carried through from the start? Well worry no more... computer part to replace my CPU power will be incoming in a few days (or 2 weeks depending). So until then I guess I will be gone again!
Thaedael

Postby Thaedael » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 am

Hey everyone... finally got new computer parts and a new chargers and batteries, my computer was working well and then complete hardware failure. The cost of fixing it is more than a new latop so it looks like I won't be coming back any time soon especially since I am broke and a latop is out of the question at the moment. At the very least it seems that samus ideas have started picking up so it seems my goal of getting people to brain storm and create stuff finally took off. I will probably leave everything in the hands of the good artist out there.
Thaedael

Postby guilmonex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:44 am

Good to see you again, lol XD
I'm curious to ask, what's the name of this suit? I can't find any similar sources......
659f885a67d69201b6f40d1a2fe8bac8.jpg
659f885a67d69201b6f40d1a2fe8bac8.jpg (169.01 KiB) Viewed 15722 times
guilmonex

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:44 am

that would be because it's fan art, that suit doesn't actually exist in the metroid games.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby guilmonex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:04 am

trunks2585 Wrote:that would be because it's fan art, that suit doesn't actually exist in the metroid games.

Oh, I see.
That suit just made me thought that she is wearing only half set of a suit. :lol:
guilmonex

Postby Thaedael » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:20 am

That is her old varia suit from snes I beleive to be honest. The part that is missing is the red chest plate, and her shoulder pieces. As for the undersuit, thats fanart.
Thaedael

Postby Mechanios » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Kinda looks like something from Dead Space.
Mechanios

Postby guilmonex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Thanks, so its not just a fanart, it really exist as I said "she just wear half set of the suit."
Anyway, I think that half-suit is just better than full-suit.
guilmonex

Postby johndoe123 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:38 am

Well this certainly looks like some interesting stuff :D Can't wait to see what else there is!
johndoe123

Postby Thaedael » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks for the words of encouragement John Doe, unfortunately like I have mentioned, my laptop is dead. I do not have the finances currently to repair it, since the parts needed would be the same as a brand new laptop, and I cannot afford it since I blew my last paycheck on jewlery for a friend.

That being said the intention of the thread was to get the ball rolling on brainstorming ideas, and through people like steelsaurus, much content and excitement was generated and now all sorts of samus threads have popped up. With that I am content. Unfortunatly all my vector art works and sprite works that were unreleased will be lost unless I find a way to reclaim the files.

However once I have a lap top again I will redo what I can or move on to brainstorming stuff for pokemon and zelda to get more ideas rolling from other people. It is all just a pebble starting a snowball starting an avalanche :).
Thaedael

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner