Another Tail [Original]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Another Tail...

Postby AnotherArrow » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:30 am

"Adobe Flash Player" doesn't open a .fla file.
A .fla file is a "work" or "project" file. It contains all the raw data, images, and scripts to make a .swf file.
In order to open a .fla file, you'll need "Adobe Flash Professional CS5" (or one of its predecessors). This is the program that complies the .fla into a .swf that the "Adobe Flash Player" will play, hence its name, Flash Player.
AnotherArrow

Postby [TxM]Fox » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:58 am

not sure if this will help for you but i downloaded a program called 'Flash Movie Player' and all i have to do is open any swf file with it to play it. you can cycle through the frames as much as you want, which makes it really easy to skip to the end if you want.
You just lost the game
[TxM]Fox

Postby Altaïr » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:10 am

question what were u going to put in the powerup section? like special dildos or something
When the times are dark my blade leads me through to the light.
Altaïr
Newly Registered

Postby Bang It Up! » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:14 am

This is amazing! An highly anticipated upgraded version, I've seen so far. But sadly it's not completely finish yet, so I hope it'll be done soon.

Keep up the good work & good luck.
バレット・ウォーレス

THE SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR (FLASH) PROBLEMS:
Code: Select All Code
E = mc²
Bang It Up!

Postby ICE » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:32 pm

I think the best part of the another tail game is when lilly walks in and melvin is like fuck that bitch and just keeps strokin his dick hahaha. That turle knows whats up
ICE

Postby swirls » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:14 pm

The tribal/spacesuit combo looks pretty neat, nice idea. I also think the belt could be lowered somewhat to look more proper.

On colors, I'd just like to add that in the original version, most of the fur color options seemed a bit too gaudy to me (besides the blue and black). The current one could perhaps be just a bit darker, but otherwise the whole thing's looking pretty nice.
swirls

Postby AnotherArrow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:12 am

swirls Wrote:The tribal/spacesuit combo looks pretty neat, nice idea. I also think the belt could be lowered somewhat to look more proper.

On colors, I'd just like to add that in the original version, most of the fur color options seemed a bit too gaudy to me (besides the blue and black). The current one could perhaps be just a bit darker, but otherwise the whole thing's looking pretty nice.

I'm still debating on whether you'll be able to mix and match outfits pieces. It would just be a cool feature, and will most likely give me a headache in creating all the code for it. The reason I haven't throw it out the window right now is because of another approach I'm thinking of taking with the outfit's functions, in which case, I just might be able to implement it. A lot of the features I WANT to implement may be scrapped because the more I think of how to implement them, the more it conflicts with other features.

I moved the belt down 2 pixels :p

I would also agree that the colors in the original were "gaudy". I just picked colors straight from the standard template. However, every time I make her current color darker.... i don't know... it just doesn't look right.

...on another note...
My guild finally started raiding... so yea... no updates right now... and my friends have gotten me addicted to pvp... the honor grind is killing me! I'd quit if I could, but I'm just having too much fun.
AnotherArrow

Postby Darkneon » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 pm

I actually like Krystal's color the way it is, but thats just me :/
How do you make dark neon you ask? Well the answer is simple, even I don't know.

Hypnosis fanatic here :P
Darkneon

Postby kevindahlan14 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Cant wait man!!!! must see more!!!
kevindahlan14

Postby Oriandu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:16 am

Yar, manage your time better. This project is the only one left that's actually interesting.
Oriandu

Postby Bang It Up! » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:36 pm

AnotherArrow Wrote:...on another note...
My guild finally started raiding... so yea... no updates right now... and my friends have gotten me addicted to pvp... the honor grind is killing me! I'd quit if I could, but I'm just having too much fun.

Oriandu Wrote:Yar, manage your time better. This project is the only one left that's actually interesting.

@ AnotherArrow - Don't know what you're talking about, but... I totally agree with Oriandu. I just hope you still in for finishing this project of yours, can't wait to get a play of it. Somehow yours have more adventurous places to walk to, so it is awesomely interesting. So... please reconsider on finishing it. :D
バレット・ウォーレス

THE SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR (FLASH) PROBLEMS:
Code: Select All Code
E = mc²
Bang It Up!

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 am

Yeah, I can see that. Don't worry about it, but I and all the fans of this project will appreciate it greatly if you can throw in the occasional hour to this project.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Ninpo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 am

I made this account just for Another Tail, I seriously can't wait for the newest update!
Last edited by Ninpo on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ninpo

Postby Outonbail » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:58 pm

AnotherArrow Wrote:
swirls Wrote:...on another note...

If your head starts doing 360s when someone mentions 50 dkp minus, you should probably consider visiting WoW Anonymous. :P

Hope you do update soon.
Outonbail

Postby Surskit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:38 pm

He should just about be done with WoW. At this point there's nothing to do. Raiding should be repetitive. The only thing left that he should be aiming for is either dailiy H to get his T11 or precata stuff he missed.

And as much as I like pvp, that should also get boring after about a month for him.
Disclaimer: Should I ever choose to give criticism on anything, give it an hour- I will undoubtedly change the message several times before then.
Surskit

Postby Oriandu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Surskit Wrote:He should just about be done with WoW. At this point there's nothing to do. Raiding should be repetitive. The only thing left that he should be aiming for is either dailiy H to get his T11 or precata stuff he missed.

And as much as I like pvp, that should also get boring after about a month for him.

If you could be "done" with WoW solely because it's repetitive, then no one would be playing it anymore.
Oriandu

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:56 am

WoW should never be talked about. An embarrassment to the series and to MMORPGs. EvE is the way, my friends..

I only hope Warcraft and Warcraft II can get over the bastard child's birth.
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby AnotherArrow » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:02 am

WoW... so much WoW hate :p

Just so you know, I am spending about an hour on this... an hour a week >_<
WoW really isn't the main issue, I raid 2 days a week for 2 hours each night and maybe BG / Arena 1-2 hours every other day that isn't a raid day... if that. My "casual" guild likes to stand in the fire, so raid progression is slow.
Its more RL crap and working overtime @ my job for extra cash that's holding me back from sitting down and working things out on this project.
Just so you know, some of the extra cash is for a Cintiq... just so I can draw more naturally for all my art projects, including this :) Now if only they weren't out of stock; bastards won't have any in till late May.

BTW, I'll post another Krystal Character update on... oh, probably this Saturday. Maybe... need to update the code so you can see the new stuff.
I did work on it a bit on Tuesday. Added a little more on her "tribal" clothes to other poses. Prepped code for future additions. Reorganized my symbols so I can create new clothes easier (the old method I was using was just horrible and completely stupid... probably another reason why updates are few and far between). Also spent a good deal of time learning more AS3... kinda of... well, I spent an hour+ debugging what I thought was legit coding. However, Flash's compiler isn't advance enough for my way of thinking and gave me errors. So, ya... in case you ever get an Error 1009 in the Flash, its because flash is too stupid to first create all the objects, then reference them... no, its got to create one object, run any code on it, and if that object references another object, I've got to pray THAT object was created before the current object! ( Its actually pretty easy to solve this just so you know, I'm just dumbfounded its not standard in Flash).

I had something else I wanted to say... but lost my train of thought... oh well.

Anyway, back to WoW :p (go ahead and hate me, I do)
AnotherArrow

Postby SpectralTime » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:51 am

Naw man. Thanks for putting any work into this at all. You're doing the heavy lifting, and we're just the audience.
SpectralTime

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:02 pm

It's not hate, it's fact : p
Anyway, 'tis off topic and isn't relevant at all lol.

That... pricey.. thing sounds pretty damn good. Reminds me of the classroom scene in Starship Troopers.

EDIT: The face at the top looked wrong and so would have given the wrong impression
ByHisBillowingBeard

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner