Another Tail [Original]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Another Tail...

Postby Rallen » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:19 am

Damn it cant download the source files anymore.
Rallen

Postby AnotherArrow » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:10 pm

http://depositfiles.com/files/bad9lpjja <--- ATs soucre file
here ya go... I didn't know rapidshare has a 10 download limit.... that kind of blows.
AnotherArrow

Postby AnotherArrow » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:43 am

If anyone could get me a copy of Playshape's new Samas, I'd appreciate it. I need to know how the hell he did her eyes without masks! May give me insight on how to do a few other things.

As for Another Tail... story and events are far from complete... and I need a break from all that... that... thinking. (Writers block atm if thats what you want to call it).

So, in my absolute boredom, I decided to start working on the revising some assets for the game...
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

AnotherTail - Asset Developement - 001.swf [ 44.01 KiB | Viewed 18810 times ]

AnotherArrow

Postby nemesis0778 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:28 am

I like it. if you want my honest opinion. it has more variety in this version. plus i find it better in multiple ways. one reason is because you can go places faster now instead of walking through a bunch of screens. and the info on the side showing health and will and all the stuff creates challenge plus the money? good idea since your technically a prostitute in this game. thx for posting this i now have it bookmarked :)
nemesis0778
Newly Registered

Postby MrBear » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:32 am

So what will this model be. New krystal or a new char all together? Glad to see your still working on this project. +100 for not giving up (even though you did in the very begining :))
MrBear

Postby redeyes330 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:54 am

I like these new assets, I really do. :)
redeyes330

Postby Poob » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Great work!
Poob

Postby Privateer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:25 pm

I've been a fan of that "Haldor Blue" on Krystal. By the by, your LoK adaptation is awesome, and would love to see some of what you've done Borg'd by LoK proper.

Also, for anyone that picks up this furry ball and runs with it. There's a glitch in the scene in the Tavern with the two Lizards Men. Changing costumes (more specifically out of costumes) while on trigger point locks up the game.
Goood goood
Privateer

Postby Con_18 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Not sure if you know this, but the new model is missing a tail, other than that, nice.
Con_18

Postby Cetera » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:55 pm

I rarely make posts (as you can see), I'm more of a lurcher!

Splendid work! Really nice elements and techniques you got there. I will download this incase people need the file to be re-uploaded in the future.

Keep at it, you've made an excellent start- don't stop! :D
Cetera
Newly Registered

Postby AnotherArrow » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:01 am

Con_18 Wrote:Not sure if you know this, but the new model is missing a tail, other than that, nice.

Yea, its a work in progress. I stopped editing things when I got to her eyes, because I was trying to modify them. In another thread, Playshapes mentions something about being able to change the eyes without the masked layers (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=430&start=320#p13224). That's something I'd like to know how to do and apply it here as well. Being about to animate/change stuff without having to lock/unlock a masked layer will save me some time.

MrBear Wrote:So what will this model be. New krystal or a new char all together? Glad to see your still working on this project. +100 for not giving up (even though you did in the very begining :))

Its Krystal. Just updating the base artwork... and possible thinking of a different way to modify her clothes, colors, etc... and I did give up... on the first version of AT. Right now, 75% of my guildies are MIA. Nothing worth doing in WoW, so... ya... I'm bored. This is keeping me busy. However, come Dec 7th, I'll probably be lost somewhere in Azeroth.
AnotherArrow

Postby MrBear » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:47 am

December 7th? And do you play retail or private server?
MrBear

Postby 8749 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:12 am

The overall storyline of this seems to be slightly more... flawless, the game itself has a few bugs, but I'd say personally I think the LOK team should be working towards something similar to this, but then again it might be a little late to say this now.

Postby Eggplants » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 am

I'm glad you haven't decided to scrap the project because this is looking VERY promising so far, the map and wardrobe were great additions! and it even had a bit of fun dialogue, heh poor koopa troopa :lol:

and as for the new colour, I have to say I like the normal blue better but if it's just another option then I guess there's nothing to argue against :P
I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby MrBear » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:56 am

Yeah I prefer the normal krystal but this one looks promising. Cant wait to see the next update.
MrBear

Postby Favelor » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:09 am

i have to give the game an A (not an A+ due to the gliches i keeped getting stuck in) but i did like it (didnt load for me so i had to download it)

as for the new Krystal.....i dont like it but its not bad compaaired to some of the ones ive seen (saw this one REALLY SEXY!!! too bad cant find it again :( )

(little about me) i know noten of flash :( i plan to use what ideas i have. to help this project come along :) cant wait for V3 keep it :)
Favelor

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Guess I'll throw in my critique of the new model since others are. One is I understand it's not finished yet (i really doubt you'd use a krystal without hair) I do like some of the changes you've made like making it so she doesn't have that odd twist to her waist and how her poster is more straight up, I also love the work you did on her hands.

I also know there's a lot you are keeping from the original like her legs and well most of her body really. Something else I STRONGLY recommend keeping are the eyes playshapes used, they are one of my favorite things he did on his model. To me the eyes can really make or break a character model, the current eyes you have on there, they don't look blank, but they don't really have any emotion to them either (most likely because it's a WIP) and of course don't forget her hair, i'm sure that's on top of your list along with doing the tail.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby MrBear » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:11 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Guess I'll throw in my critique of the new model since others are. One is I understand it's not finished yet (i really doubt you'd use a krystal without hair) I do like some of the changes you've made like making it so she doesn't have that odd twist to her waist and how her poster is more straight up, I also love the work you did on her hands.

I also know there's a lot you are keeping from the original like her legs and well most of her body really. Something else I STRONGLY recommend keeping are the eyes playshapes used, they are one of my favorite things he did on his model. To me the eyes can really make or break a character model, the current eyes you have on there, they don't look blank, but they don't really have any emotion to them either (most likely because it's a WIP) and of course don't forget her hair, i'm sure that's on top of your list along with doing the tail.

Lolol, I laughed at the "I really doubt you'd use a krystal without hair"
MrBear

Postby AnotherArrow » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:48 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Guess I'll throw in my critique of the new model since others are. One is I understand it's not finished yet (i really doubt you'd use a krystal without hair) I do like some of the changes you've made like making it so she doesn't have that odd twist to her waist and how her poster is more straight up, I also love the work you did on her hands.

I'm redesigning the head setup a little. The new hair I came up with isn't what I've settled on, but is a good place holder for things to come (she's going to have customizable hair with accessories!). I do plan on using Playshape's eyes, however, I've been holding off for some insight on how he redid them for Samas... though, after some fooling around, I think i figured it out... maybe... I don't know... its not really working out as well... Its on my to-do list. I haven't really touched Krystal in a few days, but I'll tease everyone a little more of my work. Keep-in-mind its all still a work in progress. I may scrap shit if I can't get it to work and/or function with the animations I have planed. Oh, I need to ask, does Krystal have 5, 4, or 3 toes >_< ?

As for the color, I'm thinking of making this the "base" color for Krystal (it's grown on me), however, the old color scheme will still be an option, just like the many other colors schemes that I plan to add.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

AnotherTail - Asset Developement - 001.swf [ 40.3 KiB | Viewed 18274 times ]

AnotherArrow

Postby Favelor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:55 am

its.....better at least now she has hair. (still waiting for an update of the game LOK another tail i liked the first one but the gliches sucked!) good luck :)
Favelor

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner