Another Tail [Original]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Progress Update

Postby AnotherArrow » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:08 am

Twenty days later! Nothing! Sorry. FMrL.

Well, I did have a "new" head I developed, but tossed it out since humans, foxes, etc, don't all suck dick the same way... ;)
(and by way, I mean the position where their mouths are located on their head).

KrystalAddiction Wrote:u should ask someone good at coding to help u
I would, but, as you can see, I'm a bit flaky in my work. I don't want to push a project onto someone when I'm still working out the basics.

In my last post, I mentioned I was trying a new art style. Just to clarify, its not really new, just, a different approach from what I have been doing. It is more work, but far far less coding and I probably can dish out more actual "game" as I finish new content. Another trade-off is that i should be able to produce "higher quality" sex scenes. In theory anyway, you'll see as soon as I get off my lazy ass and draw it out.
The downside is that I'm going to have to "cut" the whole customization feature. No more Krystal in other outfits of your choosing. Hell, no more character customization at all really.

Well, if things don't turn out the way I imagine them too, I'll fallback onto my "all-in-one".

Oh, one more thing before I disappear again for another week or two ;)

While I have the basic story of AT planned out, I've hit a little snag in my plans. Because I decided to try a new style that removes my character customization options, I have to make adjustments. After reading some ideas and topics on the forums for other games, I'm now debating on certain aspects of it that you guys can help me decide on the path and changes to make.

1) Keep Krystal as the main character? or change it to Fox. ( Keeping Krystal keeps AT true to LoK, but switching to Fox brings it more inline with LoZ ).

2) Most characters have their "love interest" relationships somewhat predetermined... i.e. Krystal x Fox, Mario x Peach, Link x Zelda x Midna, etc... (Samus x ?)
Ideally, you would be making decisions that boost these relationships. But, this is a erotic game, so fuck that. Just out of curiosity, what other relations would you like to see develop. And by relations, I also do mean sexual encounters ;)

3) Moral System. Are you a Slut or a Saint? This is something I've been debating on. This is a sex game, so being a saint isn't going to give much other then a "happy" ending with your true love. A part of me wants to keep the story as close to the game stories' they're based on. Thus creating a Moral System would be needed to allow those "other" encounters to happen. However, I could ditch the moral system and just say all the girls are sluts.... or saints...
Probably going to develop the Moral System, but still would like your thoughts.

4) Rape (or reluctant?)... which IMO is the same... no matter how I spin it, if she didn't want it, its forced, its rape. And in AT, rape leads to a game over (97% of the time). There are a few "forced" scenes that I've written for story purposes, but other then those, I feel if Krystal is raped, its Game Over. Now, if I did implement a moral system, and Krystal is a "slut", will she care? so long as she can escape, she'll just brush it off and move on. Right?
So right now, rape encounters only appear in a few events, but mainly after a failed battle which leads to a Game Over. The problem with this is I foresee players purposely losing battles to see the rape scenes, which I feel is bad game design. Players should be rewarded for success, not failure. And if you chose Fox as the main character, should I allow him to rape the girls he fights? I guess what I'm asking, is should I even bother making rape scenes if it just leads to a poor game mechanic? Maybe I just use a few lines of text rather then a graphic scene.
"Krystal was raped. Game Over. You suck... Continue?"

5) I had a few more I thoughts I wanted to discussed, but its getting late, and I'm getting tried... and more importantly, I forgot what they were... so add or ask anything you want.

Oh well, till next time.
AnotherArrow

Re: Another Tail...

Postby rooiehaan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:58 pm

1. krystal is hot. fox is unique. your choice
2. you could always sort all the characters into a 'saint' and a 'whore' list, and then if the player turns out to be a whore, let those characters appear, and vise versa. that way you can have all the characters you want to implement, but make the player put some effort into choosing.
3. same with 2, make it a 'either ur a saint or ur a slut' kinda way, with a bar going all the way to +100 or -100, and if you are even +1, you'll be a saint. this way becoming a saint might be easy, but then turning a slut midgame might prove difficult.
4. rape or sex is pretty much the same thing. unless you can make it appear differently using dialogues, or make the sex more saint/whore based. i.e. saint equals blowjobs, titfucks, footjobs, and whore meaning more vaginal and anal based.

for the game mechanic itself, i was thinking: what if you have a button on the right that said: Fuck him/her like a virgin/gently, and on the left that said: Fuck him/her like the whore that you are. that way you can have different sex scenes, and make it clear that the game is really based around your alignment; so choosing will effect the end of the game greatly.
5. nothing to ask, but willing to help with whatever you need help with, even if you don't feel like forcing others when you think you are lazy.
Breathe easy, the doctors are about to arrive
rooiehaan

Postby Atriya » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:17 pm

1: I think it's a fair bet that most of us are here to see Krystal. While seeing a little of Fox isn't a bad thing, I don't think he should be the main protagonist. Or you could always keep 'em both and let the player switch Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon style. Whatever works best for you, but Fox is more limited when it comes to sex than Krystal.

2: The actual people involved in a relationship don't really matter a whole damn lot as long as it actually works. Most people do the whole RAPERAPERAPE thing because it's a whole lot easier than building up a mutual love, or at least, easier to portray/animate. If you're gonna do that stuff, make sure it seems genuine, not just "oh you look so hot" "hey so do you we should have sex" "ok yes right now yay" or something like that.

3: Hellllllllll no. Hell no. If you GOTTA have a morality system, please don't make one end of it completely defy the whole reason why anyone would be playing the game in the first place. If anything, go the Mass Effect route, where you can get points in either side without losing any from the other. Something like how having a high Saint score will lead to resisting the negative effects that come with sex while being a Slut focuses on maximizing the bonuses. But please, don't make it fall into the realm of "Do the opposite of what you're here for to get the good ending." I guess what I'm trying to say is that, being a sex game, a Saint shouldn't be seeing any less screwing than a Slut; they'd just be enjoying it less and focusing on more important tasks at hand.

4: This is where I think my previously stated ideas/opinions can be brought together. First off, with a switching style for the characters, you can have both Krystal and Fox available at any time. Now lets say one of them starts being raped; if they have a high Saint score, they can try to tough it out until the rapist is too exhausted to move and get out with minimal problems, or if they have a high Slut/Perv score, they can attempt to take control and maybe recover some health or energy or whatever in the process. The Saint/Slut thing wouldn't be a guarantee or anything, just something that makes it easier to complete a little mini-game or whatever you come up with. But in the event that they fail too many times and get raped, they become too exhausted to fight anymore, forcing the player to use the other character until the raped one can recover. If both fall to exhaustion, THEN you go for a game over. That gives the player plenty of opportunity to avoid complete failure, lets them enjoy the rape scenes, and paves over the "you lose" aspect of being raped. This way, a raped Krystal can recover while Fox jumps in, who I imagine is more combat-capable. Or, in reverse, a battle-damaged Fox can hang back while Krystal defends against enemies. Kinda makes the player be a bit more cautious.

BUT, it is, after all, your project. I may have gone a bit overboard off the idea boat, so don't let me screw with any awesome ideas you already have.
Atriya

Postby Z-Fied » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:19 pm

rooiehaan Wrote:...Fuck him/her like a virgin/gently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xAMHsjdaM

Had to be done, sorry.
Composer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Singer, Programmer, Gamer, and Zombie Expert!

My Project: Resident Evil: Progeny - Blog

"Our limits are only created by our mind, our dreams, our desires."
Z-Fied

Postby SquallLion » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:40 am

v.01.009 contains some glitch
I cant talk to the girl at the forest and at the beast
SquallLion

Postby Blackwing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:05 am

a male main character could be more interesting if you use it right.
I Dont stop when Im Tired
I stop when Im Done !!!
Blackwing

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:40 am

Holy crap atriya. Yes yes yes mass effect saint/whore stuff. I think doing exactly what you said would be awesome, because then the player could do whore things to see the scenes without it being counter-productive. Also, as for two: I think it's your decision, but I want to see either one of them come back to the house and have sex with the other.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Shadow555332 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:55 pm

SquallLion Wrote:v.01.009 contains some glitch

Those things haven't been programmed in.
When you dodge, don't let them cut you. If you protect someone, don't let them die. If you attack, kill. Well, can't you see the resolve to kill you in my sword?"

-Kisuke Udahara
Shadow555332
Newly Registered

Re: Progress Update

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:40 am

[Exactly Repeated 1 post lower on the page due to an error of mine with the newbie post approval system. WHOOPS.]
Last edited by Lucky777 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby DumbStranger » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:11 pm

I really like the animation and the variety of positions in this game. It's a shame that there is only one character you can have sex with. I wonder if there will be a lesbian scene, that would be awesome. :)
I have been warned, but for a reason I can't understand.
DumbStranger
Newly Registered

Re: Progress Update

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:02 pm

4) Rape (or reluctant?)... which IMO is the same... no matter how I spin it, if she didn't want it, its forced, its rape. And in AT, rape leads to a game over (97% of the time). There are a few "forced" scenes that I've written for story purposes, but other then those, I feel if Krystal is raped, its Game Over. Now, if I did implement a moral system, and Krystal is a "slut", will she care? so long as she can escape, she'll just brush it off and move on. Right?
So right now, rape encounters only appear in a few events, but mainly after a failed battle which leads to a Game Over. The problem with this is I foresee players purposely losing battles to see the rape scenes, which I feel is bad game design. Players should be rewarded for success, not failure. And if you chose Fox as the main character, should I allow him to rape the girls he fights? I guess what I'm asking, is should I even bother making rape scenes if it just leads to a poor game mechanic? Maybe I just use a few lines of text rather then a graphic scene.
"Krystal was raped. Game Over. You suck... Continue?"

I don't think the edit function works very well in this forum, but anyway, I'll repeat myself.

Sorry if there is a double post as a result.

"As someone else has said, this is a sex game.

Please do not become distracted by irrelevant nonsense.

The sex scenes are the important thing, and you should not fail to include them for any reason."
Lucky777

Postby SquallLion » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Shadow555332 Wrote:
SquallLion Wrote:v.01.009 contains some glitch

Those things haven't been programmed in.
ooookay !
great. :)
SquallLion

Postby Taria » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:25 am

Color schemes don't quite seem to effect the whole body. (Forever blue hands XD)
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby Ninpo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm

I'd be blessed if just some sorta update stamp came out :S
Ninpo

Postby Zelos » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:31 am

Wow got some uber ideas, going on here. Can't wait to here from you in another few weeks or so.
Zelos

Postby Mee » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi
I would just like to ask, if you do continue with the all in one character then what other outfits are you planning because i have a few ideas.
if you want these ideas just reply to my post!
byee :P
Mee
Newly Registered

Postby Camo260 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:16 am

Hey man,
What you could do is make it like 'Legend of Krystal' where it has multiple character selection at the start.
You could focus on working on one person's story at the moment like say working on Krystal's and once you have
finished that you could maybe release a beta and/or then start working on Fox's story.
Will you be adding wolves into the game?

Keep up the good work.
.:CC:.
Camo260
Newly Registered

Postby revilnemesis3 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:56 pm

question not related to the game, Lucky777 are you AnotherArrow?
revilnemesis3
Newly Registered

Postby Atriya » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:48 am

revilnemesis3 Wrote:question not related to the game, Lucky777 are you AnotherArrow?

I think Lucky777 was just responding to AnotherArrow, but didn't use Quote tags for some reason or another.
Atriya

Postby Smackman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:06 am

instead of the alignments being a straight line maybe there could be more? (maybe like DnD types applied more sexually)
like:
Lawful Good- Virgin Sex is evil type
Neutral good- Virgin Sex is special type
Chaotic Good- Good girl is kind of a slut
Lawful Neutral- normal, doesnt take it in the ass or something
true neutral- pretty indifferent
Chaotic Neutral- just fucks everything
Lawful evil- Dominatrix
Neutral Evil- Prostitute
Chaotic Evil- probably kills them and doesnt fuck them

that might add up to a shit tonne of poses youd need to animate though
Suraru Wrote:Hey smackman, I've decided your a douchebag :P