Another Tail [Original]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Another Tail...

Postby kuja » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 am

We already started doing the animations, we just need more time to make more backgrounds, database settings(do not ask me the programming language, cuz idk, lol), etc.
we'r with a lil trouble/tech difficulties(again, lol) at the basic animation. We used too much objects when making the characters(Normally a nude character should have about 10-200 objects, i used like 350-400), and thats causing some lag(Everything for graphic quality!). I believe thats Corel's fault, and we need to make it with Flash or any other software which use ghaphics/images instead of vector objects in the animations. The same for the backgrounds, items, etc.

Thats what i can remember for now, the lore, chats/baloons, menus and interfaces arent finished. But like i said before, we want to post a 1st arc Demo until December ends. Give us good luck. At least, vacation is comming, which means more time to work in this project. And yeah, my arm feel much better. ;D

Sorry for misspelling and abyssal grammar errors, lol.
kuja

Postby MrBear » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 am

Glad to see your are is a lot better. If you want, try to get Oakleaf to make you some backgrounds, he did a background preview of Krystals starting room from LoK v2 and it looks amazing. Give him a PM.
MrBear

Postby Oakleaf » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:01 am

You flatter me, MrBear! x)
Indeed Kuja, it's good to hear your arm is better :) Good luck with the project! I am -like many other people- anticipating this demo with nothing but the greatest enthusiasm.
"You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Oakleaf

Postby MrBear » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:20 am

Oakleaf Wrote:You flatter me, MrBear! x)
Indeed Kuja, it's good to hear your arm is better :) Good luck with the project! I am -like many other people- anticipating this demo with nothing but the greatest enthusiasm.

Why not just help him work on his project though? Do some backgrounds :P
MrBear

Postby Oakleaf » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 am

I'd love to but the problem is I've already turned down two other gentlemen in order to focus on the original LoK project. Like I stated in my "Drawing Suggestions?" thread, a lot of people have strayed away on their own little endeavors (which is nice), but I'd like to help the original project that brought us here, if you see what I mean? :) Perhaps when/if my services aren't needed in the LoK project I'll help some other project.
"You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Oakleaf

Postby AnotherArrow » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:40 am

kuja Wrote:Theres so many people doing separate projects. Would be a bad idea if all of them could unite with the intention to work together to create a bigger, faster and better project?
Anyway, good job.

Only problem with me is that I'm flaky. I wouldn't mind helping other people out if I had more time... and since I don't want to leave people hanging or waiting on me, I'll do my own thing for now. Its for the best. Trust me. And come the cataclysm, god knows if I'll even touch flash for a month. Damn Blizzard and their drugs!

momba Wrote:awesome artwork there! but some things look strange: ...
if u could fix that, it would the hottest kfox ever^^

still working on it, nothing ever "looks" right . I'm trying to reuse as many symbols as I can to avoid having to create new ones. Editing those symbols in some views has a negative impact on other views. Its all about finding the right lines and curves. Then again, maybe I can use some penetration objects to hide my failures. Hmmm... think I may need to go watch more "reference" material right now ;)

On another note,
I'm having trouble deciding if I want to be a little more daring with my actual game play design. After all, this is a game. Story-wise, I know where and what I want to do (for the most part). Now its comes down to "how do I bring that story to you?" Game play ideas I'm considering are:

Adventure Platformer - like what gorepete2 has done with Samas, or Playshapes has done in "Mario is missing"... hmm... the possibilities!
Turn/Time Based RPG - like http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/548041 ... a very ambitious project... going to be a lot of work, but well worth it.
Simple Adventure - this is what I would classify the current LoK game. Simple go here and do this.

Each game play will effect how I want to tell this story. The adventure games will be more centered around Krystal, whereas the RPG will (in all likelihood) give you a chance to meet and play all the other characters I have planned.

I'm still in the planning stages, and I've got a long way to go before I even start writing code, but deciding on what to program will help with development of the new assets. Your thoughts and feelings?

After writing all that, thinking for a bit, I think I've decided what I'm doing... muhahahahah! Oh, it just a shame this may take me a while to even implement an alpha. Oh well, back to flash... still need to work on those assets.
AnotherArrow

Postby MrBear » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:13 am

Oakleaf Wrote:I'd love to but the problem is I've already turned down two other gentlemen in order to focus on the original LoK project. Like I stated in my "Drawing Suggestions?" thread, a lot of people have strayed away on their own little endeavors (which is nice), but I'd like to help the original project that brought us here, if you see what I mean? :) Perhaps when/if my services aren't needed in the LoK project I'll help with this project.

Ok well, once your done / not needed for LoK project stuff. You'll be working with kuja? Great.
MrBear

Postby sacr3d bl0od » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:26 am

yes please continue it is turning out great!
sacr3d bl0od
Newly Registered

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Woah! Fantastic work there! That's the best LoK fork I've seen after the original. It is unfinished and has many bugs... but just like the main LoK, I agree it can progress into something more :) So please don't scrap what's been done so far. I believe it can continue into something quite nice from the version you posted, if someone will be willing to maintain it (and of course the author wishes to release the source).

BTW. I'm seeing a lot of new Krystal outfits here, that don't exist in LoK 0.2. Could they be ported for 0.3 if that would be ok? Krystal in Zelda's dress looks plainly adorable!
MirceaKitsune

Postby Nightmenace » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 pm

k how do u get caught for the meilvin+lilly scene?
Nightmenace

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:11 pm

Nightmenace Wrote:k how do u get caught for the meilvin+lilly scene?

I'm wondering the same thing. I couldn't understand the directions in the first post completely, and everything I tried didn't work.
MirceaKitsune

Postby LiKrySo412 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 pm

MirceaKitsune Wrote:
Nightmenace Wrote:k how do u get caught for the meilvin+lilly scene?

I'm wondering the same thing. I couldn't understand the directions in the first post completely, and everything I tried didn't work.

Speak with melvin, accept the 2000 offer, start... "Playing", lilly should appear after this, keep "Playing", once you finish you can speak with lilly and she will offer you a meal. You can also get naked and walk near those sharpclaw to trigger another scene... That´s all... :mrgreen:
LiKrySo412

Postby AnotherArrow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:36 pm

yea... the Melvin + Lilly scene is a threesome with Melvin, Lilly, and Krystal... LiKrySo412 post sums up how to get it.
The original AT only had 2 real sex scenes. 1 could be viewed from different angles (approaching the table duo from different sides). The other had an additional event that was triggered by making the proper selections (Melvin x Krystal -> Melvin x Lilly x Krystal). Sorry for the confusion.
AnotherArrow

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:01 am

Aah, I got it :) I didn't see there were many price offers, and you have to keep pushing the yellow button till getting to 2000. A bit sad Lilly calls you a whore when catching you, but in the end it's all good and they make up ^_^
MirceaKitsune

Postby Aon » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:14 pm

I hope you finish it soon because I am wondering how it will end. :)
Hic Suncto Dracos.
Aon

Postby AnotherArrow » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:05 am

Work on it has been slow right now... sad to say. I won't finish this "soon"... unless by "soon" you mean next year... then, yes... maybe =P
I'll try to post updates when ever I can for your entertainment and feedback.

Bad news is my hard drive decided to die around mid Novemeber. So I really haven' worked on anything since then.
I was going to get a new drive, but decided to wait till Black Friday for some deals... I ended up building a whole new rig =D. God, how did I live without Solid State Drives!
Oh, and the good news is all my work was saved on an external drive... so nothing was lost. =D
AnotherArrow

Postby Favelor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:19 am

did you delete alot of stuff on your computer? if so all you needed to do was do a defrag on it and that should have worked. or 1 of 2 things happened. 1 you for a virus of some sort. 2 it just got fuck. your harddive you pick :P
Favelor

Postby bed_intruder » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:44 am

Good to hear you're still working on it. Saw this awhile ago before i made an account, looks great man.
bed_intruder

Postby toddymon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:47 pm

yeah ive been looking forward to this game. i saw alot of things i wanted to see and well panned out ideas. if you ever need anything im definitly your man.
toddymon

Postby Favelor » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:31 am

updates whould be nice. from what i played i would love to see more. if toddymon cant help me then i can. were usely very helpful and would make a great team on ideas.
Favelor

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner