Katt/Just Peachy

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Katt/Just Peachy

Postby Nilled » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 am

Hey there, Big time lurker. Today I saw Playshapes submit all that content and I just fell in love with the Katt sprites. So for the first time ever I acquired flash cs5.5 and tried to make something with it. So for 4 hours I replaced a bunch of things in the "Just Peachy" .fla with Katt's sprites and making everything sort of mesh. I know it's not my animation, but it's a start. I had to create Katt's lower legs and feet myself so hopefully they don't look terribly horrible (there's many ways to do them since her lower half is like a cheetah or something). I'll upload the .fla so that other people can pick apart my attempt at a swap if they so desire.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Just Katty.swf [ 121.11 KiB | Viewed 39556 times ]

-edit: So apparently when I saved the fla it screwed up in the most mysterious way. It changed the color of hair and removed and changed very specific things. so the fla is broken I guess. I'm redoing it right now and will try and re-upload the correct version.

-2nd edit: Fix'd and improved slightly, just tweaked some highlights, facial details, and leg movement. fla should be fine now
Attachments
Just Katty.fla
(6.36 MiB) Downloaded 406 times
Nilled
Newly Registered

Re: Katt/Just Peachy

Postby montesat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:27 pm

I see potential. I like the effort you put into it. Need more animation though. Now all you need is to make a game. I'll be waiting for your progress.
montesat

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:02 am

The legs and feet are good, but the transition between legs and abdomen is weird. That might be the animation, but I thought I'd point it out.

It's good! I look forward to more!
Zeus Kabob

Postby Nilled » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 am

Thank you! Would anyone happen know if these "Katt" sprites are from anything in specific? Playshapes isn't known for original characters but I have no idea where this character is from. Also, I whipped this up while waiting for someone to reply. I would greatly appreciate critique and advice. I'm just starting flash and this is by far the most complex thing I've ever made. I know It's nothing special but at the very least I'm glad I was able create the animation for the entire thing. It's probably not something worth spending any more time on for sound, body movement, etc.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Katt.swf [ 77.23 KiB | Viewed 33050 times ]

There's this strange thing where this little green dot appears to the left of Katt's head on the 3rd scene and up. I have NO idea why it's there. I looked for it everywhere and it just doesn't seem to exist. look for yourself if you want, or just use the things in the fla for any other reason.
Attachments
Katt.fla
(737.69 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Nilled
Newly Registered

Postby Lumino » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Katt is a character from Breath of Fire 2.
Lumino

Postby Nilled » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Lumino Wrote:Katt is a character from Breath of Fire 2.

Ooh, thank you! I hope this post observation/approval thing is over soon, I made my last post more than a day before it actually showed up T_T
Nilled
Newly Registered

Return to Creative Corner