Another Tail [Original]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Another Tail [Original]

Postby AnotherArrow » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:19 am

UPDATE: OCT 20,2011:
Below is the original LoK: Another Tail. This version has been dropped.
A new "work-in-progress" version will be out in a few weeks in a new thread.

ORIGINAL POST:
Here is something I started 3 months ago when I was bored with WoW. It started out as an adventure and experiment in (re)learning flash. Unfortunately, its a very very unpolished, unfinished piece with many bugs and such. Now that Cata is coming soon, god knows if I'll ever get back to this, so I'm uploading my work for you guys to play with. Its already been three weeks since I last fiddled with it... and (sadly) I'm probably going to scrap it... well... rework it I should say. I never like my coding and such, and was really just trying to put things together to make something work. In those 3 months, I've thought of better ways of doing things and actually started to plan out an entire new design and game. As for this tail tale, I hope you enjoy it for what it is. I'll work on the new "Another Tail" in my free-free time for shits and giggles.

And just so you know :
    There are only 2 semi working Sex Scenes (both in the tavern).
    The HP, Will, etc, bars were part of an experimental gameplay that i later scraped, but left in.
    To trigger the table duo - approach them "nude" (try it from both sides)
    To trigger "Melvin" - Talk to him and accept his offer (easy)
    To trigger "Melvin+Lilly" - Talk to melvin, accept his offer for 2k (this first time), (after sex) get caught, hit the green button each time, score.

PS. I'm looking forward to V3. Keep up the good work.
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Legend of Krystal - Another Tail v.01.009.swf [ 1.73 MiB | Viewed 539957 times ]

Last edited by AnotherArrow on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
AnotherArrow

Re: Another Tail...

Postby Vandon » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:32 am

Looks good, can't wait to see more.
Vandon

Postby Yawg » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:56 am

This is an excellent treatment of the game- I'd be looking forward to an update already, if you haven't convinced me you were abandoning it.... you planning on uploading the source files anywhere for others to tinker with?
Yawg

Postby Darek » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:29 am

Very nice - lots of bugs but that's understandable.
And yes, would love it if we could get our hands on the source files. :D
Darek

Postby Yawg » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:44 am

ooh- and before I forget- LOVE the additional costumes and colour swap pallets- that's a nice extra addition. Krystal traipsing around in a Princess Peach outfit just WORKS. :)
Yawg

Postby nemesis_infernal » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:25 pm

:shock: OMFG :shock:

That was epic... I hope you complete this...
I like your style,
I like your class,
But most of all,
I like your ass.
nemesis_infernal

Postby Rushman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Amazing, I loved it. I know Cataclysm is going to be awesome but please don't abandon this project of yours xD. I see great things in your future! At least... Relatively great things for someone who does this kind of flash xD
Rushman

Postby Oakleaf » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Nice indeed! An interesting take on the game concept. I am very excited about this new project you were mentioning :)
"You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Oakleaf

Postby Syv » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:21 pm

I love your work. It's great. My favorite outfit is the Midna one. rawwrr... Go on with it.
Syv

Postby Crossbow1701 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:27 pm

for some reason i couldn't get the Melvin+Lilly scene i tried what you said still didn't get it.
Crossbow1701

Postby AnotherArrow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:01 am

Just to follow up on a few things.

This version of "Another Tail" is being scrapped. To sum up why... it was an experiment. I was trying to teach myself how to code again and took short cuts that, after making a few scenes, wasn't the most efficient method. Not to mention that I had scrapped certain game play elements that would later comeback and cause bugs... because I didn't clean up all the code. >_< (and was lazy).

I am not abandoning "Another Tail", just this time around, I'm doing a bit more of planning on the game play elements, story, etc... before jumping into making and animating scenes. Of course all this planning is in my spare time when I'm not raiding in WoW =P.
So fear not, I'll still be lurking around.

As for the source file, I do plan on posting it at some point. I figure I can't attach a ~100mb file to this post since I think that would fall under an excessively large file. When I get a chance, I'll post it somewhere. Oh, the file is a CS5 fla... so for those of you who plan on browsing through my work, is CS5 okay or should I save it as a CS4 file for you? A word of caution, the library is a mess and much of the original content from the v0.2 file got fubar. Sorry.

On another note. I recently noticed a newer version of Samas running around on these forums... at least I think its newer... better shading, finer detail... different from the one located in the downloaded v0.2 file. Is there a similar rendition of Krystal (and others characters) that I could get my hands on to tinker with? I figure if and when I do start reworking Another Tail, I'll start with the updated character designs.

Anyway, Thanks for the comments, everyone! I appreciate them. I'll be around.
AnotherArrow

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:56 am

I didn't throw in my two cents yet, mostly just because everyone already said what i would, but I really like this, it's something fresh, it takes the same basic story (stuck on the planet and a slave to the lizards, you gotta get off the planet and find fox) but it puts a different spin on it. You've done a lot of stuff I like. The different outfits for Krystal along with the different hair colors for teh lizard girls and the gold armor lizardmen, all are nice ways of adding some variety.

I'm glad to hear you arn't scrapping this, I see a lot of potential in this, I don't want to give any advice or suggestions since it's all being reworked, but I will say this, if you havn't done so, write up the whole story and how the events progress first.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby guilmonex » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:47 am

WOW, I love all the new stuffs :D
guilmonex

Postby MrBear » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:24 am

AnotherArrow Wrote:Just to follow up on a few things.

This version of "Another Tail" is being scrapped. To sum up why... it was an experiment. I was trying to teach myself how to code again and took short cuts that, after making a few scenes, wasn't the most efficient method. Not to mention that I had scrapped certain game play elements that would later comeback and cause bugs... because I didn't clean up all the code. >_< (and was lazy).

I am not abandoning "Another Tail", just this time around, I'm doing a bit more of planning on the game play elements, story, etc... before jumping into making and animating scenes. Of course all this planning is in my spare time when I'm not raiding in WoW =P.
So fear not, I'll still be lurking around.

As for the source file, I do plan on posting it at some point. I figure I can't attach a ~100mb file to this post since I think that would fall under an excessively large file. When I get a chance, I'll post it somewhere. Oh, the file is a CS5 fla... so for those of you who plan on browsing through my work, is CS5 okay or should I save it as a CS4 file for you? A word of caution, the library is a mess and much of the original content from the v0.2 file got fubar. Sorry.

On another note. I recently noticed a newer version of Samas running around on these forums... at least I think its newer... better shading, finer detail... different from the one located in the downloaded v0.2 file. Is there a similar rendition of Krystal (and others characters) that I could get my hands on to tinker with? I figure if and when I do start reworking Another Tail, I'll start with the updated character designs.

Anyway, Thanks for the comments, everyone! I appreciate them. I'll be around.

Yes, samus model is new, revamped by PlayShapes, but I dont think theres a new sprite for Krystal yet. Or there was but it was scrapped and I dont think the developers gave out the source for it. :(
MrBear

Postby XXXXX » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:36 am

Holy crap.

This is better than all the work these ho's have been working on all year! This is a much better, reformed version of this game. I like hows there's more diolouge and you added humour 8-)

I loled at the "OH SHI-" scene XD
XXXXX
Newly Registered

Postby krauss » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:10 pm

this is one of the best re-edition of the game that I've ever seen! new dresses looks great and multiple sex action (yellow buttom), like threesome, makes the adventure more and more interesting. you've done a really good work! I hope that you could soon find time to make an update, bro!
krauss
Newly Registered

Postby Con_18 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:44 pm

This is a great game! Glad to hear you aren't scrapping it. This is purely a suggestion: You could take a few scenes from LoK like the anal rape, tail hang bj, drench, ditto+sharpclaw force bj, and put them in places, maybe add a few things to them later (they would be activated by walking past them naked). Can't wait for more updates.
Con_18

Postby AnotherArrow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Con_18 Wrote:This is a great game! Glad to hear you aren't scrapping it. This is purely a suggestion: You could take a few scenes from LoK like the anal rape, tail hang bj, drench, ditto+sharpclaw force bj, and put them in places, maybe add a few things to them later (they would be activated by walking past them naked). Can't wait for more updates.

Yea... that was part of the original plan... but after modifying Krystal for different colors + clothes, things kind of got fucked up. Not to mention a long the way, I some how fucked all the original "interaction" scenes... where Krystal managed to remove herself from those scenes. This lead me to have to create the new sex scenes. In hindsight, I could have just re-imported all the interactions, and swapped all of Krystal's symbols with my modified ones... doh.

trunks2585 Wrote:I'm glad to hear you arn't scrapping this, I see a lot of potential in this, I don't want to give any advice or suggestions since it's all being reworked, but I will say this, if you haven't done so, write up the whole story and how the events progress first.

I hear ya. That's exactly what I'm working out right now. (Seems I still got plenty of time before Cata to flesh out my ideas.) I also got my friend to lend me all of his textbooks on Flash and ActionScript to help create a better foundation this time around... rather then just diving into it. Though, I'm still debating between using AS2 or AS3. My background in programing started in C++ and C#, which, from what I've read, will transition well in AS3, but AS2 is incredibly simple and easy to use... argh!... choices choices!

guilmonex Wrote:Yes, samus model is new, revamped by PlayShapes, but I dont think theres a new sprite for Krystal yet. Or there was but it was scrapped and I dont think the developers gave out the source for it. :(

Oh well, at least I've got a good base to start from.
AnotherArrow

Postby AnotherArrow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Forgot to mention that I've uploaded the source file (CS5). (God why does megaupload hate me, failed 4 times!)

http://rapidshare.com/files/427998327/L ... 01.009.rar
AnotherArrow

Postby Outonbail » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:47 am

Please continue working on this. Its great.
Outonbail

Next

Return to Creative Corner