Sakyubasu no Tatakai II (Finished)

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai II

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:22 am

Hfbcsnvkh egrfhuyewavbneuijvrkan hucvbuskhdv aklv uivbwau HCJkaasbchsdbfsadfnwuajb
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude I fucking love you *no homo*

Cant wait for this to be put together. I really have nothing to whine about because the last game was hardly a problem at all. All I ask is for you to do your best and make this game super duper amazing.
AsianP3rsuas10n

Postby balkj06 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 am

Yay, a part 2

I like the new sword and the tile screen

Thank you for the first game, and bets of luck with the second game
Epic Cross!

http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2489&view=viewpoll

A Place where One Piece, The Matrix, Naruto, Harry Potter, To-love-Ru, Assassin Creed and Digimon and much more cross together, In one game
balkj06

Postby dantathedevil666 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:01 am

just wondering will this one have a Run or rape/beat em up feel too it, like the enemies will try too rape you as well as attack? Or will there been a game over with a hentai pic of the main character being raped? The reason I ask is cause the lack of that in the first one really turned me off for playing it ya it did have good controls and art but too me that was all that I found interesting, in my opinion it's better too play as the rape victim then play as the raper. Well that was just my two cents.
dantathedevil666
Newly Registered

Postby omgyourmom » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:17 am

this looks incredible!
omgyourmom

Postby sniff3005 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:04 am

much props. i'm looking forward to updates! :mrgreen:
sniff3005

Postby Atraxotoxin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:03 pm

I know you hated how much people did this sort of thing on your last game, but I think there should be a serious reworking of game play difficulty or at least a gallery of sex scenes. I know you want this to be a game that is taken seriously, and it deserves respect on those merits but it takes a long time to get the hang of playing it. To be honest, I would really enjoy a game like Dusty's Castle turned into a full puzzle game, with numerous choices and consequences, as I love your artwork but I don't like having to work for it through a game with an insane difficulty curve.

On top of that, the controls in the last game weren't very smooth or slick, and things happen with an insanely short telegraph time, if any.

I empathise with your despise for people who just want the sex scenes without the game content, but there are numerous kinds of people to cater to. I'd just like to have the option to at least have a significantly reduced difficulty mode (maybe different ending or something), or access to a gallery without completing the content. But if you don't want to do this, that is fine, it is your game. However, I do hope you make a much larger game out of the Dusty's Castle concept. With real puzzles. That way there's a certain challenge to it, and it takes effort to get access to the content, but you don't need to drink 900 cups of coffee just to get the reaction time you need, or play the game for weeks on end learning the AI off by heart.
Atraxotoxin
Newly Registered

Postby WhiteWolf » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 pm

The only problem I had with the other one was that the controls were not always smooth and at the very peak of the jump you couldn't always air dash. I LOVE the uber difficult bosses. I don't think all bosses should be the level of the mask or anything, but I love having them there for the insane gamers. Don't cave in to the weak and take them out. There should be a reward for those willing/able to work harder for a hidden scene or two.

I really liked the hidden stuff in the first one and think you should do more of it. I feel really stupid for not finding it, but I used all the moves BUT slam, go figure. Maybe giving a hint though that moves can be used for more than damaging enemies in a tooltip or something. Other than smoothing out the controls I loved the first one.
WhiteWolf

Postby Otakublues » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Nice to see that you're working on this sequel!! Though now I'm curious as to what the other game you wanted to make was...

Well anyways, the actions and movements are good! Though personally I liked the Attack->Dash setup from the first game, being able to use the skills in the air is a plus. As for the actual contents of the game, I really enjoyed the difficulty in the first one. On it's own, it would have been insanely frustrating but it was cool to see the forum work together to figure things out. The only thing that I felt was missing from the first Sakyubasu no Tatakai was how straightfoward it was. It would be really cool if there were secret areas and skills that you had to really work hard to find.

I think there's no need to be forgiving with this game. The forum is as much a part of this game as anything and so far we've been able to handle everything you've thrown our way. So give us you worst!! (not really though, I would still like the use of my fingers and eyes after playing :D )
Otakublues
Newly Registered

Postby danishangel » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48 pm

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!! Haven't been on in a while and I came back to find this amazing news!!!! I always click on the sakyubasu thread first and at first I was confused why there were only two pages and then I realized and squealed with joy! :mrgreen:

The dash works so well now, I love how seamless it is. I also like how all abilities can be used in air (except for seduce). The blitz is really cool now too, with it being kind of like a boomerang. So far so good! I can't wait to see more updates. My only suggestion/question would be about that weird backflip thing she would do sometimes. I'm not quite sure why it happened or if it had a use. But you're amazing enough that I trust your judgement. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
danishangel

Postby cookie jar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:46 am

danishangel Wrote: My only suggestion/question would be about that weird backflip thing she would do sometimes. I'm not quite sure why it happened or if it had a use. But you're amazing enough that I trust your judgement. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That backflip was essentially a dodge. Depending on your agility Eva would sometimes evade an attack that otherwise would have hit her. (At least i think it was depending on your agility...)

As for the work you've done here Gorepete: It's definitely much smoother and faster. Or less of a strain on the system. So far i haven't encountered any problems in that testroom and i really like the way you've tweaked the ground-dash. (And the other abilities, but mostly the ground-dash.)

So thank you for continuing a great project. :)

Since you wanted us to bitch an whine about stuff we didn't like in Act I: ;)
Would it be possible to implement the corresponding conversations into the gallery as well this time? They make up quite a bit of the atmosphere for the scenes.

And one question you've been asked more than once already, but i can't remember an answer anywhere: do you intend to add sound to any of your games? (I can understand if not given the extra work and material required, just curious.)
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby Darthan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:03 am

cookie jar Wrote:That backflip was essentially a dodge. Depending on your agility Eva would sometimes evade an attack that otherwise would have hit her. (At least i think it was depending on your agility...)

It is based on your flexibility.

cookie jar Wrote:And one question you've been asked more than once already, but i can't remember an answer anywhere: do you intend to add sound to any of your games? (I can understand if not given the extra work and material required, just curious.)

He did answer this, it was no, due to the fact that it would make the already large file size quite a bit larger.
Darthan

Postby cookie jar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 am

Darthan Wrote:It is based on your flexibility.

Ok so that was the name of the stat. Should've checked the game before posting. My bad.

Darthan Wrote:He did answer this, it was no, due to the fact that it would make the already large file size quite a bit larger.

He did? Again my bad it seems, must've missed that one, Thanks Darthan.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby Temeeey » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 am

Nice...What we all were spected!!....Im anxious about 2 things....The develovment of this second game of course and the always nice and "spicy" Fan Art from Cthulhu....I hope i can see a little more of this soon :D
Die Meister, Die Besten, Les Grandes Equipes, The...
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

►► CHAMPIONS ◄◄
.►►.....xD......◄◄
..►►............◄◄
...►►..........◄◄
....►►........◄◄
.....►►......◄◄
......►►....◄◄
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Temeeey

Postby TheEnclave33 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 am

man I thought sakyubasu o tatakai 2 would start next summer Gore your a machine.
SOUP Directions
1Lift and pull lid Immediately slice fingertip
2Throw lid very hard into garbage can so it knows what it's done
3Dump cold glob into microwave bowl
4Microwave until scalding on edges and freezing in middle
5Ignore soup-coated walls forever
TheEnclave33

Postby psiconeko » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 am

Just registered on the forum to express my feelings for this: SZBEWBSDBFABSDBSAJKLFA~FLA. thank you for your time. Nah, seriously the first one was a masterpiece, I'm extremely excited about it! Also, you mentioned that the time to bitch about the first was nigh, so.. I know this has been brought up like a billion times, I've been following the forum since a year or so, but I'll try again, maybe there's a chance you change your mind xD How about a cheat menu? (please don't rage).
psiconeko
Newly Registered

Postby Firesong » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 am

most popular thread NA
Firesong

Postby Niara » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:22 pm

In the previous installment, the two complaints were, more or les,s the responsive difficulties of hte controls, often leading to your character doing somethignthat you literally didn't control it to (or not doing somethign whihc you distinctly did), and couple to that, the raw unforgivngness of some of hte encounters.

The unforgiving nature alone would have been fine, if most of the time, deaths hadn't stemmed from the problematic controls, rather than actual player fault. It seems in this preview work, you've alreayd addresse dthis major concern, as the cotrols realy do feel much tighter, smoother, and less prone to missing an input, or over-recieving one. Props to that.

Several others I've spoken to, prefer dusty's as a game, because it essentially offers more pay-up for play... this is much more of a game, in the traditional sense, and so the first act felt like it had notably less sex in it, even though, in fact, it had -more-. It was matter of relative balance, and the amount of needed work and perfection, compared to pay up, was harsher in the first chapter of this. I woldn't pass judgement myself, since I enjoyed and finsihed both as thoroughly as I could... but I must admit to, on a level of pure eroic enjoyment, getting more from Dusty.

The other major complaint was, in relation to the unforgiving nature, the lack of any sort of recovery period. In most cases, in fact, making even a single mistake in an entire encounter menat death, simply by the lack of recovery potential... I know you mean for the game to be challenging and hard, and I know that it wasn't impossible either; I beat the optional mask boss and everyhting else in a fairly straight-forward fashion, but bosses like Mask took me a long time, and many deaths, largel due to contrls not responding as I wished, leading to death restarts, primarily because one small control failure led to a hit, whihc, by virtue of the lack of recovery, meant guarented death.

I wouldn't suggest the traditional flashing few seconds of invulnerability; that would make it too kind and easy for what your aim seems to be, I'd guess.. what I woudl suggest though, would be a simple rule that, the player should onyl be able to -Take- damage, as long as THEY have direct input control of their character; if the player doens't have active input control of their character (i.e while they're inhte animation of being hit, usually, and the momant as they recover their stance), then, for as long as no player input is allowed, so too should the character be immune from taking further damage.

This would only really give the palyer a fraction of a second in most cases, to get their guard up or respond in some way, but it needs to be enough to give them a chance, however slim.
Niara

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:06 pm

protognome Wrote:If the hit detection problems vs jumping/flying enemies, especially when using dash go away, I may actually enjoy the game. I appreciate your work, but hit detection problems are the biggest "turn off" I have in the video game world.

I agree with you completely that bad hit detection is a terrible thing to have in a game.
If a game is going to try to produce challenge and whatnot, then the game needs to work properly.
This is an ironclad rule, it is a FIRST principle, and if you don't get your first principles right, then you just don't fucking go ANYWHERE.

However...

Could you elaborate a bit more on where these "hit detection" problems were?
I'm afraid I don't actually remember encountering any in the game.
The Beegirls jumped a bit, but I think they could be hit during their jumps with no problems at all.

If it's the flying bee boss, the "stingers" that you're talking about, then while I agree that it should have been made more obvious that you can't hit them when they're in the air for whatever mysterious reason, I don't think that was a "hit detection" problem so much as a "COMMUNICATION" problem.
You could just never hit the ones high above the ground EVER, even though you could clearly bring your weapons into contact with them ALL THE TIME.

Similarly, if the beegirls became invincible for no reason during the part of their jump when they were shooting projectiles, that might also be more of a communication problem than a "hit detection" problem - but that invincibility happens during their attacks on the ground as well, so I actually don't feel sure that it's what you're talking about when you mention "hit detection problems with flying or jumping enemies."
By the same token, I don't feel like you're referring to the Gorger chief's feet being oddly immune to damage by Blitz, since that is something which occurred on an enemy that was CERTAINLY neither flying nor jumping at the time.

Basically, I'm pretty clear that enemies shouldn't have those inexplicable invincibility periods or invincible parts to begin with, but that's from a design standpoint - and I'm not sure if what you're talking about is an actual "hit detection" problem, as in "enemies SHOULD be taking damage at the time, but there's a glitch that stops them from doing so", or if what you're talking about is a "communication/design" problem, as in "enemies, by intention and design, can't be hit at some times or in some areas, but those times and areas make no sense and are not communicated to the player."

I ask you mainly because of my own curiosity, but it's also true that clarifying what you mean a bit more might help GP as well.
Lucky777

Postby Destrocto » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 pm

wait so did you put sound in act 1 and or are you adding sound to act 2?
Destrocto

Postby Darthan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Destrocto Wrote:wait so did you put sound in act 1 and or are you adding sound to act 2?

There is no sound in act I, and will probably be no sound in act II due to file size. Act I is already a very large file and adding sound would make it HUGE.

As far as the tech demo for act II goes, it seems to fix quite a few of the problems in act I. I say seems simply because allot of the problems in act I with controls where caused when allot of stuff was happening onscreen, ala most of the boss battles. Once it is not just Eva on a white screen I will give a better opinion of how things are working.
Darthan

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop