GoRepeat's Big Thread of Everything

GoRepeat's Big Thread of Everything

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Dearest Forums,

I got bored working on Malicia, so I thought about it, and after 3 years this has become more "workish" than "funish". So I quit! Out of the business! In the spirit of the forums and the great people like Playshapes who came before me, here are the original FLAs for everything I have done. Use, enjoy, torture people with hardmodes.

Legend of Krystal: Version G
This is my version of the Legend of Krystal story. You're stuck in a Sharpclaw village on Sauria, and it'll be a year until the rest of the Star Fox team can save you. All the controls are mouse-driven.

Here's the original thread

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

LoKvG.swf [ 11.24 MiB | Viewed 69759 times ]

METROID: DNA HUNTERS - This was a new samus game I was working on. Really, it is very close to being "done", I just never put any sex animations in. There are 8 enemies from the series as well as samus herself. The game has a suit toggle / dna system like the old game except now it is a tug of war between the X-Parasites and the Metroid. There is a small plot intro that explains it. The jumping is buggy with some hit conflicts. The game is set up to hold 6 sex animations per enemy depending on Samus' current DNA side, who engaged, and from what side.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Hunters.swf [ 567.19 KiB | Viewed 181146 times ]

Peril on Pokemorph Island - This was an old demo I put together for Eggplants a looooooong time ago. Not much to say, you have seen these sprites before. It is a pretty straight forward move around with various abilities depending on the characters current form.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Peril.swf [ 179.5 KiB | Viewed 181146 times ]

Dusty's Castle - Self explanatory!

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Dusty's Castle.swf [ 2.62 MiB | Viewed 181146 times ]

Kingdom Hearts: Light's Darkness - My old unfinished KH game. I was trying a new combat system out when making it, and liked it so much that I made Sakyu! This was my first rough try at this type of design, but it is still pretty fun to run around and blow up shadows.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

KHLD.swf [ 901.9 KiB | Viewed 181146 times ]

PsyGarde - A proof of concept for a puzzle game I thought about making. Just a basic tutorial, never got around to making the actual game. Shocking for this forum, I know!

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

poc.swf [ 96.45 KiB | Viewed 181146 times ]

Sakyubasu no Tatakai II - Ah Sakyu! Here is the second part with better mechanics and the partial war sim.
Game: (2015 edit: OLD version; this is not the current/complete Sakyu II - I will upload that some time when I am not being lazy)

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Sakyu_2.swf [ 677.95 KiB | Viewed 181146 times ]

Sakyubasu no Tatakai I - No explanation needed!

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Sakyu.swf [ 8.26 MiB | Viewed 181146 times ]

Malicia! Dark Heroine! - This was me wanting to play around with a classic RPG style using more algorithmic design and characters. The entire thing is two frames, but the content expands much larger. Was fun at first, but grew kind of tedious after a while. FLA is at the bottom, attached some animations that aren't in the game's thread itself.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

DarkHeroineCharTest.swf [ 175.56 KiB | Viewed 181146 times ]

Tahako Model - A Star Wars model I did, the FLA is attached.

Well, I guess that's it! If the urge strikes me again I might make something sometime down the road, but for all intents and purposes, consider me retired!

It has been a fun 3 years,

Gorepete
Attachments
ilynav.png
e7.gif
e7.gif (520.8 KiB) Viewed 3199 times
LoKvG.fla
(27.69 MiB) Downloaded 5833 times
Tahako Model.fla
(253.59 KiB) Downloaded 7996 times
DarkHeroine.fla
(6.91 MiB) Downloaded 6089 times
Sakyu.fla
(31.28 MiB) Downloaded 4691 times
Sakyu_2.fla
(4.66 MiB) Downloaded 3884 times
poc.fla
(350.52 KiB) Downloaded 959 times
KHLD.fla
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 1545 times
Dusty's Castle.fla
(13.06 MiB) Downloaded 2389 times
Peril.fla
(671.69 KiB) Downloaded 1290 times
Hunters.fla
(3.77 MiB) Downloaded 4179 times
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Re: Gorepete's Big Thread of Everything

Postby Mechanios » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Glad to have had you. Long days and pleasant nights, Gorepete.
Mechanios

Postby QuizmasterBos » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:54 pm

And another one bites the dust, it seems. Many good animators and coders are leaving us, or just disappear without any news (like Corta).
I wonder, will you stay around the forums? And will you continue your moderator work?
And considering that you aren't willing to work on a whole game yourself, maybe you can help some others out with their games? Giving them tips, pieces of code, art or animations.

(People might not like seeing me asking this everywhere, but I (and Ivan and many others as well) would love seeing your work on MiM PUT, if possible. Consider taking a lesser role, at least. We'd hate to see you go.)
QuizmasterBos

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:33 pm

I'll still be around... just not working on anything. If you need animations done you can always shoot me a PM and we might be able to work something out.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby QuizmasterBos » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Gorepete Wrote:I'll still be around... just not working on anything. If you need animations done you can always shoot me a PM and we might be able to work something out.

Alright. I'll let Ivan know too. We could surely use a hand with the game.
QuizmasterBos

Postby Chameleon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Thank you for all your hard work GP =)
Chameleon

Postby James3167 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:13 pm

As a fan of your work (like the rest of the 99.99 percent of the LoK Forums community), I dislike seeing you and your art-style vanish out of direct flash animation works, we all have issues in RL and virtual life; I understand how you feel, more of a burden than a hobby. Nonetheless, I do have one question, will you license your works on an attribution share-alike license? What I mean is that in a few years from now, we might have spin-off games and animators that will not know a shit of whom Gorepete is, since your works might go through many different copies and editions (sort of like a virus changing with each new infection) that do not reference yourself (you probably know this type of unintentional poaching). Are your works published under a license (such as Creative Commons licenses like this), or are they public domain? A bit confusing, I know...
James3167

Postby SpectralTime » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 pm

...Whelp, that's that.

Liked the "War Succubus" story thing, even though I feel it probably woulda worked better in... thingummy.
SpectralTime

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm also a guy who becomes sad seeing talented people like you going away :/
For sure newer people will never get close to the golden moments of your work on LOK.
I hope thats temporary, and I hope flash programming continue to be a dark challenge moment of pleasure and creativity.

Regards!
Ivan-Aedler

Postby cookie jar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:32 am

Mechanios Wrote:Glad to have had you. Long days and pleasant nights, Gorepete.

Chameleon Wrote:Thank you for all your hard work GP =)

I think Mechanios and Chameleon were dead on with their replies.

So thank you from me as well for all the great work you did! Enjoy your new free time. :)
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 am

Sour about life. AH WELL. Have fun with whatever else you do, bro.
Lucky777

Postby SquareZ » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 am

Damn considering that your work convinced me to make an accout on this site and offer my congratulations this is sad news indeed. But then again we all have to move forward and even though not beying able to see the ending of Sakyubasu no Tatakai sucks, lemme wish you gl with your future projects and life :P.
SquareZ
Newly Registered

Postby napsii » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 am

Even though the Creative Corner wasn't really my "place", it's still sad for me to hear that you'll no longer be producing content. However, given the amount of impressive content you've produced, you'll certainly have quite the legacy. I'm sure everyone will appreciate whatever you end up doing in the future, though, even if you're no longer producing games.
napsii

Postby MCSNUFFU » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 am

it sucks that your leaving I have really enjoyed your work and was looking forward to Sakyubasu no Tatakai II but I do understand that if you are not motivated to make any more games your should not it is probably be for the best because if you did continue it might not be as good quality as your previous work just because you don't want to do it and maybe some time in the future you might want to pick up where you left of and enjoy it again. so I wish you well in the future and hope you find something you enjoy to do again.
MCSNUFFU
Newly Registered

Postby Mr D » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:11 am

Truly a pity but not completely unexpected. Thanks for the hard work and all. Now I wonder if someone will pick up your models and do something with them "hint, hint"
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby OMGTANGERINES » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:52 am

Thank you for all your hard work, and it's very much appreciated. I sincerely hope you find something more fun to do. Live long and prosper!
Gorepete Wrote:Kidneys and other internal organs are over rated. As long as she has a womb and rectum we are good to go.
OMGTANGERINES

Postby BlueLight » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 am

Wait, so does this mean i win the race of who can produce the most games? Damn i'm good!
Anyways, kinda sad your going gore, but on the other hand i totally understand where your coming from, and agree with it.
If you ever want to take a stab at java, you know what REAL programmers use, then shoot me a email. I'd love to see how your mind makes out of it.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby omgyourmom » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:42 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have a feeling you'll come back eventually.. until then have a great life! (no sarcasm)(for real no sarcasm)
omgyourmom

Postby smithi50 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 am

Been a big fan of your work from before I made an account :) will miss you but glad to see you arent forcing yourself to do something you dont enjoy, good luck with any future endeavours
smithi50
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:17 pm

It is not bat that there are more "workish" than finished projects :mrgreen: Some times even very old forgotten project becomes some thing complicated ;)
And even some algoritms on pascal becomes some thing that helps us on AS3 now :mrgreen:
And even if they do not - they give us more exp. to make better things in future ;)

I hope that you just take a little brake - make some thing always takes a lot of time and free time too. And unfortunatly we do not have time some times that we need. You make really very big projects it really takes a lot of time for it. So i think that people understand it ;)

By the way to make some thing really big is impossible alone ;) - but even though - you make 2 complicated big games like Dusty Castle and Sakyubasu no Tatakai.

Even LoK game is not finished ;)

By the way if i understand it right you will stay with us ? ;) If so it is very good.
May be some day you will have inspiration to make some thing new ;) it always comes unexpectedly ;)
It is always hard to make along with some big projects becouse it takes too much time. So may be it will be some short projects ;)
But even if it do not we always will be glad to see you in topics there ;)

Thank you for your work.

And about Corta yes it is really very lamentably that Corta do not show on forums. I hope he is fine by the way. Becouse it is really strange that he dissapear so unexpectedly.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Next

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop