DirtyC101's Furry Fury: Legend of the Twin Orbs

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: DirtyC101's Furry Fury: Legend of the Twin Orbs

Postby Ranard Lightningfall » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 am

Prone to agree here when tehr 's more then one it' s hard to manage anything. and yes, She escapes before you can just all up and beat her in a graple.
Ranard Lightningfall

Postby 8749 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:00 pm

I think I'm missing something by alot, but I'm requesting the cheat codes.

Went to your website, I didnt find anything of the like, so just continued with the game anwyays =P

Really liked it o.o although i personally find it a lil challanging for a supposidly chillax and "sensual" game =D

Good work though- Im looking forward to future releases =D

Postby Hungarian » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Ripped the .swf to have a look at the cheats. There's the dirtyc101 which gives you hoard mode and nottothirty which gives you 30 continues.
Hungarian

Postby sojonin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Awesome game! If possible maybe you could add a selection screen for horde mode that allows you to select what foes you face and how many? Just a thought. Also cheats like those for K Fox would be great!
sojonin
Newly Registered

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Awesome beta! Seriously. Needs some ambient music I think. Nothing flashy, just something to break up the silence. Doesn't even have to fit the mood, as it's still early. Not a big deal, to be fair, though.

Agreed with the degree of difficulty in getting the Boss on her own, if ya dig..

Fantastic stuff though. Really enjoyed it. Plan on using the other characters later. THumbs UP*
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby Reaver » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:55 pm

YEs YES YES i beat the game finally. such a good game cant wait for next update and maybe add a few more cheats
Last edited by Reaver on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby FuzzFace » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm

The animations have really improved since last time I’ve seen a game from you. So far the game it’s self is pretty stable, I haven’t ran into many bugs at all. There are a couple though:

-When in a bathroom, if you press the spacebar to open the door and exit the room, you can press spacebar again to open the dialogue for using the sink while exiting the room. This will cause your character to be frozen. I found this can be fixed by pressing spacebar, and quickly pressing ‘F’ to open up the dialogue, and exiting the dialogue before it can disappear. The character should move freely after this.

-Somehow, the grappling arrows disappear when I press a certain combination, or when I do something. I am uncertain as to how or why it disappears, I’ve only been able to replicate it once.

For just a few bugs, that's pretty good! Also, I would like to recommend putting in a way to change the quality of the game. It tends to slow down when there are a lot of characters on screen. There are a lot of moving body parts, and each limb and every head and torso is pretty much another character.

Can’t wait to try out the next version! Thank you!
FuzzFace

Postby Ninn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Very good job !!!
Ninn

Postby bed_intruder » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:14 am

Definitely an improvement compared to your beach one. Just a few things though; it doesn't really make any sense to choose either the elevator ropes or the elevator over each other, so maybe some health loss every time you use the ropes instead of the elevator; the running option is just awkward to do so it might be better if you had it where you held down F to run since it's unused and right next to ASD. Don't know if you knew about this bug yet but in the area where you fight the pirate boss if you go to one of the box barriers and just let your character stand there the boss's whip will eventually push you past them and into the area it's supposed to be blocking. Other than that, very nice, look forward to the next one you put up.
bed_intruder

Postby dirtyc101 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 am

=D Everyone seem to be liking what I have so far. So yay for me. haha. Lots of questions & comments, let me try to be brief & still touch on them all:

-There seems to be a bug if you press another button while activating a scene change. It's not just limited to the sink/spacebar. I'll look into it as soon as I can.

-Game gets slow with too many mobs. Yup, sure does. Pretty sure it's driven by the shear number of hitTests I'm running though, not due to the graphics. I'll try to add a quality button to prove my theory though.

-Background music - I have a lot of fun making it, but it's very time consuming (for me, anyway). Whatever I end up adding will likely be VERY basic.

-Grapple speed/dmg/difficulty - Not super-happy with it either, expect 'changes' to come. Feel free to provide comments or suggestions. I have my own ideas, but I'm open on this atm.

-Boss difficulty is cranked atm, mainly as a test to make sure the game handles it okay. Right now, the boss fight is orders of magnitude harder than walking around with the zombies. I want the two floors to have roughly similar difficulty.

-There is a way for the warrior to restore power to the ship. Search around the crew quarters.

@Thaedael - I don't have them separated properly. Was actually a real problem for me later on. I'll see if I can pull something for you later, but if you have a sprite ripper, please feel free to just help yourself.

@Delerose - I may take you up on that. Still have several monsters to go for the rest of the game, and having a reference would almost certainly help me.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)
-DirtyC101
dirtyc101

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:26 am

Very cool! I am going to steal your grapple concept ~.~ really well done with gauge to favor one way or other and interaction.... very nice!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby ICE » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Finally a game! It looks great thank god someone is releasing something new
ICE

Postby FuzzFace » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 pm

A couple suggestions:

-Perhaps you could have the inventory button be ‘R’ instead of ‘I’? sometimes its inconvenient to reach with my finger if I’m in the middle of a battle. This way you can pause the game easier if you need to do something too.

-Beating the enemy by normal means seems to be a sure way (as long as you can hold your distance). grappling has some downs to it, in that you can easily get surrounded. Once surrounded, if you keep grappling your opponents, you will surely perish from your hit points depleting. Other then the sexual thrills, there aren’t too many upsides to grappling. Perhaps if you could take the clothing (or armor) off your opponent this way, grappling would have more of a use. Example, starting a grapple on the boss will give you an advantage on taking her clothing off, as well as any protection, leaving her more vulnerable from normal and special attacks. This can’t apply to the tentacles or zombies, since they don't wear armor.

-Having special items in your weapon slot to help grapples, but are nearly useless in normal combat. (like say using a bottle of numbing lube by pressing the attack button in grappling could slow down the rate at which the gauge moves to the right.)

-Not so much a suggestion, but more like added content: If you meet a friendly NPC, you can initiate a neutral grapple, one that isn’t meant for defeating/killing an opponent. Having willing sex with a friendly could give one time bonuses to stats, depending on how well it goes in your favor. The neutral grapple can still be performed afterwards, but no extra bonuses will be rewarded.
FuzzFace

Postby Niskala » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 am

You should make it so that when armor is on, health isn't lost during grapple.
Or less health is lost.
Niskala
Newly Registered

Postby ANooB » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:51 am

bad ass. Definitely needs a graphic overhaul. Enginewise, i likey. If you want help with art, i'll do my best.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby 肉まんマン » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:13 am

Wow that was a huge improvement over the beach game and the grapple bar is very ingenious!

The only things I don`t like about it is that the graphics are a bit low quality and the armor save is a bit too big when you get double teamed by pirates, it takes half of the bar so you don`t even half a second to react before they rip it off.

Other than that, your game rocks!
You`re starting strong, I hope you won`t give up after your break!

Edit: Nevermind the bit about the armor save, I`m stupid.
I just noticed it`s size depends on if and where there`s a penetration sometime in the grapple bar (halfway or 3/4 when you are losing).
I thought it was a bug that it was much bigger for the pirates hahaha, sorry.
Last edited by 肉まんマン on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
肉まんマン

Postby ANooB » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:22 am

Here's an example of my Style. If you are interested...

Huyah!!!! I'm also a decent mocap. Ur sprites need better anims.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby dirtyc101 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:04 am

FuzzFace Wrote:Beating the enemy by normal means seems to be a sure way (as long as you can hold your distance). grappling has some downs to it, in that you can easily get surrounded. Once surrounded, if you keep grappling your opponents, you will surely perish from your hit points depleting.

Been thinking about this since day 1, and although I think the game is 'ok' now, the sex attacks aren't nearly as powerful as simply using fisticuffs. Ideally I want the two to be somewhat balanced vs. each other. Up until about a month ago, sex attacks were possibly too powerful, as I hadn't added in double teams yet. Farah in particular could easily lock up a single monster & push the grapple bar to fully dominant, at which point she would sit back & regen while the other monsters just looked on. Now it's flipped to the opposite, where sex attacks are underpowered.

So yeah, it's something I'm looking at a lot. Plan on 'changes'. hahaha

@ANooB - With the possible exception of music & sound, I really want to do as much of this one on my own as possible. So, if you want to critique my art & point out the spots where a little improvement would really pay off, by all means feel free. I realize it's not great btw, but I could quite literally spend years polishing it. I'd rather focus on trying to finish this game.

If you want to help draw a game, I'm not opposed to teaming up with someone (provided I'm not stealing from one of the active LoK projects, that is). It would be a different project than this though. Shoot me some PM's or simply make a new thread here if interested.

-DirtyC101
dirtyc101

Postby SFFan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:54 am

i put out the freakin fire :D fuck yeah!
SFFan

Postby nonamesleft » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:20 am

Maybe you could make different enemies more vulnerable to normal or sex attacks or encourage players to switch between them.

Some ideas:
1. An enemy could have armor that significantly reduces the damage they take from normal attacks that can only be removed through gaining advantage in a grapple
2. An enemy go into a rage at low health and can only be defeated by a grapple
3. An insanely horny enemy that has a huge advantage in grapples at high health. Could be combined with 2, and could be switch to encourage grapple at high health and regular attacks at low health
4. Add diminishing returns to damage done by normal attacks and grapples or increase damage done by normal attacks and grapples when the player doesn’t use them. Damage returns to normal as the player damages enemies with the other attack type. My least favorite solution since there is not much logic to it.
nonamesleft
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects